Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The women who found the wallet loaded with cash were able to describe the male but how did the West District Crime Unit identify him?

Anyone know how long Thelma worked at SPIKE? I noticed on her FB page that she took a professional accounting course.

Friday, July 10th, 2014 was Thelma’s last day of work so Robert’s income now has to pay all their living expenses. I can’t think of any program which would cover Thelma’s loss of income. Thelma is eligible to apply for and receive her Canada Pension when she turns sixty, or she can wait. She and Bob may have arranged for a pension split. Bob looks like he is nearly 60 too so he will also be eligible to either receive his Canada Pension at sixty or wait. By the sounds of it, he doesn't plan to retire in the near future, but he can still take his CPP at 60 and remain working.

If Thelma used to pay the bills, etc. it is now Robert’s responsibility. (mortgage, vehicle expenses, hydro, food, credit card debts, house insurance, Cable & Internet provider, taxes, etc.) Because Thelma’s body hasn’t been found, the family has to wait years before anything becomes final. Doesn’t a body have to be missing for seven years before the person is legally declared “dead”?

The starting wage for a Transit Drive in Winnipeg is $18.69 or $45K a year. The minimum requirements are Grade 10 and a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with 0 merits.
The selection test includes:

Public relations test
Written test
Driving aptitude test
Current driver’s abstract
Competency based interview
Successful completion of past and present employer reference checks
Criminal record check
Medical examination, which includes drug & alcohol testing.

Robert has worked as a City bus driver since 2007 so he is probably making close to $50K a year. He and his wife likely have life insurance policies through their employers. Some if not most drivers work a split shift, early mornings and late nights, including weekends. Several drivers have been assaulted lately and these assaults have been caught on tape so I think our City buses may be equipped with cameras now. Some bus routes have security personnel available to assist the drivers in case they are attacked.

I'm thinking one of two scenarios:
Most likely it was a random early morning mugging gone wrong or <modsnip>
Being from Winnipeg, my SO believes it was the former, and that her body might be hidden in the red river.

I'm thinking one of two scenarios:
Most likely it was a random early morning mugging gone wrong, or <modsnip>
Being from Winnipeg, my SO believes it was the former, and that her body might be hidden in the red river.

Hi chunchoboi ...
It would be unusual for a mugger to hide a body , they like to grab and run
Muggers are usually on foot , hard to move a body
Somebody transporting a body could easily head to the rural area nearby
Hiding things around populated areas alongside the red River would not be so easy

If indeed she went missing during her walk , we can presume a vehicle was used. That brings the question -- did she enter the vehicle voluntarily , or forced ?

Did she have an acquaintance nobody else knew about ? Hard to say. The mystery continues.

<modsnip>

IMO A random mugging with an end goal of money or jewellery would have left behind a victim. Thinking of the most likely perp of a mugging to be a male(s) in the late teens, most likely on bike.
Perhaps she happened on a drug deal but that's not too likely at that early hour.
I can't see this being anything but personal since someone troubled themselves to hide the body where nobody appears to be able to find it

People happen upon a drug deals all the time. I don't think witnessing a drug deal would warrant someone to be murdered. I would rather be charged with dealing drugs than murder. IMO

Actually 99% .... we have to allow the slim possibility of a car-pedestrian hit and run accident where the driver hauled the body away ... without anybody noticing it ... on a busy Saturday morning ... then hand delivered her glasses to the walking area .... slim chance indeed !!!!

I wonder when the birthday party started that afternoon.

It seems to me to have been a very inconvenient time and place for that type of crime, and not much time to make a body disappear if someone had to be at the party.

Anyone know if Thelma had her driver's license and own car?

Just thinking out loud here tonight.....I've noticed a number of threads about missing people that cannot be found. Dogs, police, special search and rescue nada. Then civilians go out later and come across the remains VERY close to where they went missing.

I think the whole area should be gone over again, with particular attention paid to where Thelma's glasses were found.

I just have a hunch.

Yes!! Me too! I just think it was a mugging gone wrong! She put up a fight! The area and any wooded places close should to be scoured again!

If she were close to the community club it is a residential area and I would think one of the tracking dogs or cadaver dog would have found her.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

There was quite an uproar on social media because a local Winnipeg company was holding a grand opening and posted their advertisement on the Thelma Krull Missing page saying they were going to donate a portion of the proceeds of sales to the Krull family. When people asked about the percentage the company was holding back, there was no answer. And people were quite upset to the point that Lisa publicly stated the Krull family would decline the donation. Since then there have been many questions about why donations are being raised for the family to begin with... all of them have returned to work. So what is the money for? The bumper stickers and ribbons and whistles were all donated or a donation is asked from anyone requesting these items. So why does the Krull family need money from the public? What piece of the puzzle is being withheld? These are some of the questions people have been asking...

Divers and cops are said to be dragging the Red River just north of the Perimeter... like right now. Apparently, the chopper was up and down the river last night with lights searching... Not sure if this is related to Thelma or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966