Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we discuss what Thelma wrote on her Linkedin page?

She's definitely computer savvy.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What specifically has caught your eye?

What Thelma and her husband did for a living before 2011.

After working for the owner of a Mr. Sub for 3 years, Thelma and her husband purchased and operated the business together from March 1989 – March 2010. Then, without explaining why they got out of the business, Thelma took the administrative assistant course at Robertson College and began working at Spike in June of 2011 and Robert got a full-time job working for Winnipeg Transit. I thought Robert began working for Wpg Transit Services in 2007 but that may not be correct since they still owned and operated the “family business”.

Thelma wrote that “At the time of our purchase there were 13 locations in Winnipeg, we took it from 11th place standing in sales to 3rd within 8 months of ownership. We accomplished this through outstanding customer service and promoting what Mr. Sub had to offer. We were instrumental in Mr. Sub carrying Breakfast and offering the kids meal through ongoing requests to head office to allow us to offer this. After recording the tracking of it for 6 months they allowed it as an option to other locations.”

What Thelma and her husband did for a living before 2011.

After working for the owner of a Mr. Sub for 3 years, Thelma and her husband purchased and operated the business together from March 1989 – March 2010. Then, without explaining why they got out of the business, Thelma took the administrative assistant course at Robertson College and began working at Spike in June of 2011 and Robert got a full-time job working for Winnipeg Transit. I thought Robert began working for Wpg Transit Services in 2007 but that may not be correct since they still owned and operated the “family business”.

Thelma wrote that “At the time of our purchase there were 13 locations in Winnipeg, we took it from 11th place standing in sales to 3rd within 8 months of ownership. We accomplished this through outstanding customer service and promoting what Mr. Sub had to offer. We were instrumental in Mr. Sub carrying Breakfast and offering the kids meal through ongoing requests to head office to allow us to offer this. After recording the tracking of it for 6 months they allowed it as an option to other locations.”
It's still owned by both as far as I can tell, although only Bob is named most of the time.
http://allcompanies.ca/MB-627410-MR_SUBMARINE

http://www.mycityexplorer.com/ca/mb/winnipeg/restaurants/casual_dining/mrsub_1046_henderson

http://businessdirectorycanada.net/eng/mr-sub-518190#.Veb4e3BHaK0

http://www.businessofcanada.com/c/b/mr-sub/1133109
"Company Contacts
<modsnip>

You'll like this next link...
http://listings.ftb-companies-ca.com/l/111624754/R-And-T-Associates-in-Winnipeg-MB

I read that they had sold the sub shop.

New owner is listed on the FB page. The shop has been active in the search for Thelma.

https://www.facebook.com/MrSub.Henderson/info?tab=overview

I didn't see the new owner's name.

The store was robbed on Friday, May 29th, 2015 in the evening. Here is the message that was posted on Saturday, May 30th, 2015 –

“We're sad our post today is to inform everyone that we were victims of a robbery last evening. Although the financial loss affects our small business franchise, the security, safety and confidence of our team is our primary importance. Fortunately, no one was physically hurt. We'd like to thank the Winnipeg Police for their attention and hopefully the person responsible will be found soon.”

The new of owner of the sub shop is right on their FB page - MB &#8211; owner <Modnote: initials only please>

As for the iPhone it was stated within days of the disapperance that her iPhone was turned off so the "where's my iPhone" feature was not functional. Now whether someone TURNED it off or it was out of charge is a good question.

And yes love how people post that in the comments because no one on the police force would ever think of that.
:facepalm::facepalm:

When I heard Thelma was planning to hike the West Coast Trail with her brother, I didn&#8217;t realize how much preparation and personal risk is involved until I visited their website. Although the trail has enormous trees and endless jaw dropping views, it is tough, very tough and requires a great deal of perseverance. You are required to cross deep gullies on fallen trees, negotiate very steep slopes and follow an irregular, slippery trail. At various parts of the trails you will be wading through rivers, negotiating steep slopes, climbing ladders and using cable cars. It is common for structures on the trail to be unexpectedly damaged by storms and other natural phenomenon. Likewise, the climate of this temperate rainforest can change quickly and dramatically This is a wilderness area and it may be many hours before help can be obtained should an accident occur.

Did she and her brother carefully evaluate their individual skills before agreeing to do the 75 km hike? Eighty to one hundred hikers are seriously injured and evacuated from the West Coast Trail every season. Approximately 200 hikers per year sustain minor injuries and manage to limp off the trail.

Did Thelma have a change of heart about going but she didn&#8217;t say anything because she didn&#8217;t want to lose face with her friends and family? Although the maximum group size is 10, only Thelma and her brother decided to go.

Thelma disappeared just weeks before she was to leave for BC and meet her older brother, who is probably close to sixty years of age. Reservations, which are optional but highly recommended, can be made 90 days ahead of the day you plan to start your hike and must include two alternative dates. The fee is non-refundable and gives each hiker a guaranteed start date, a weather proof map of the trail, and a hike preparation guide. Before you leave for the trail, you are told to write a trip plan and leave it with a responsible person which details where you are going, with whom, when you plan to return, and what to do if you do not return as planned. All hikers must study the Hiker Preparation Guide, the WCT Map and Tide Tables, attend an orientation session, purchase a park permit, study and know the rules, and much more.

Thelma and her brother would have to discuss many aspects of this expedition in great detail and because she was so busy, I wonder if they had accomplished everything they had to do?

jmo

http://www.westcoasttrailbc.com/trail_guidebook_map.htm
http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/pacificrim/activ/activ6a/ii.aspx

I didn't see the new owner's name.

The store was robbed on Friday, May 29th, 2015 in the evening. Here is the message that was posted on Saturday, May 30th, 2015 &#8211;

&#8220;We're sad our post today is to inform everyone that we were victims of a robbery last evening. Although the financial loss affects our small business franchise, the security, safety and confidence of our team is our primary importance. Fortunately, no one was physically hurt. We'd like to thank the Winnipeg Police for their attention and hopefully the person responsible will be found soon.&#8221;

Well that's a bit freaky. Who on earth robs a sandwich shop? What on earth would they steal?

Some cold cuts? No. They'd need to keep them cold.
Some cases of Pepsi?

My hinky meter hasn't gone off until now.

I'm not clear about the business. They owned Mr. Sub ... a franchise, or the company? And what's R & T Associates? Is that the name of their corporation that owns Mr. Sub? It's odd to have this level of structure for a restaurant, is it not? I'm sure that I'm missing something.

Well that's a bit freaky. Who on earth robs a sandwich shop? What on earth would they steal?

Some cases of Pepsi?

They would want whatever is in the register.

They would want whatever is in the register.

Perhaps, but how much could that be? Businesses usually clean out the register before closing and deposit the cash into the bank or a safe. People don't use cash much anymore, do they? At our business, maybe one person out of 20 uses cash.

Businesses still get robbed though. The location of that Mr. Sub is more of a low income area.

Businesses still get robbed though. The location of that Mr. Sub is more of a low income area.

What! It's in front of Fraser's Grove! It's a middle class suburb. In no way is EK/Fraser's Grove area a low income area. How on earth do you figure that? EK is 1950s bungalow suburbia. Fraser's Grove is a higher income wealthy enclave where the River curves.

The southern part of EK towards Elmwood or maybe the Eastern part like Valley Gardens is perhaps lower middle class/working class with some wartime houses and small bungalows. But around Rossmere, Fraser's Grove, north of Macleod, is mainly upper middle class.

Some cases of Pepsi?

I'm not clear about the business. They owned Mr. Sub ... a franchise, or the company? And what's R & T Associates? Is that the name of their corporation that owns Mr. Sub? It's odd to have this level of structure for a restaurant, is it not? I'm sure that I'm missing something.
R&T must be Robert and Thelma. For tax purposes they would incorporate. It also shields them from lawsuits.

As far as I can tell, they continue to legally own the business.

What! It's in front of Fraser's Grove! It's a middle class suburb. In no way is EK/Fraser's Grove area a low income area. How on earth do you figure that? EK is 1950s bungalow suburbia. Fraser's Grove is a higher income wealthy enclave where the River curves.

The southern part of EK towards Elmwood or maybe the Eastern part like Valley Gardens is perhaps lower middle class/working class with some wartime houses and small bungalows. But around Rossmere, Fraser's Grove, north of Macleod, is mainly upper middle class.
Sorry. I thought it was the Mr Sub on Henderson.

Sorry. I thought it was the Mr Sub on Henderson.

It is. Fraser's Grove is off the west side of Henderson. Fraser's Grove is made up of some very luxury houses along the riverbank within 5 minute walk of Mr Sub. Do you live in Winnipeg as you don't seem to know the city well.
Anyone who has ever been in the strip mall where Mr Sub is located would never call it anything but middle class suburbia.
I grew up within walking distance of that shop and it is very much Mennonite dominated suburbia. Like I say as you walk south towards Elmwood past perhaps Kimberly it can start being called working class.

And it's possible that they do still own it. I thought I heard somewhere in the local media that they were the previous owners of the shop. I could be mistaken.

From Wikipedia - this describes the area that both Mr Sub shop and Thelma's home resides in. From the shop to her house it would be a good 20-30 minute walk down Mcleod/Grassie.

East Kildonan is a primarily residential community in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, located in the northeast part of the city. Commonly known by its initials "E. K. ", the neighbourhood has a population of approximately 26,278 (2011 Census).
East Kildonan is bounded by the Red River on the west, the lane between Harbison and Larsen Avenues on the south, Panet Road, 100 metres (330 ft) north of Blantyre Avenue, and the Canadian Pacific Railway Marconi tracks (removed in 2006) on the east, and Oakland Avenue on the north. East Kildonan is made up of the neighbourhoods of Munroe, Morse Place, Rossmere, and Fraser's Grove.
It is mainly a working and middle class community, though there are poorer pockets south of Munroe Avenue and more affluent areas along the Red River and west of Henderson Highway, East Kildonan's major thoroughfare. There is a small industrial area located between Watt Street and the CPR tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990