Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Police searched Valley Gardens Community Centre again on Tuesday; family members said a locator ping came from Krull’s cellphone at that location on Saturday. Police also searched Bunn’s Creek Tuesday.

Family, friends and strangers also continued to look for Krull, who set out for a walk at about 7:20 a.m. Saturday. There have been no reported sightings of her since she was recorded passing a neighbour’s surveillance camera at 7:23 a.m. Saturday."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2109518/search-stretches-into-day-4-for-thelma-krull-57/
This VERY early article states:

She was seen walking past a neighbour’s house on Filbert Crescent in Harbourview South, captured on the home surveillance system at 7:23 a.m.

Her daughter Lisa Besser called her mom’s cellphone at 9 a.m., but there was no answer.

She never showed up at Canadian Tire to meet her husband.

By 10:30 a.m. the family launched a missing person’s report and they’ve been searching for her ever since.

What time were they supposed to meet?

Krull told her husband Bob at 7 a.m. Saturday that she was going out for a hike in East Kildonan with plans to meet him at Canadian Tire on Regent Avenue in a couple hours.
http://globalnews.ca/news/2109518/search-stretches-into-day-4-for-thelma-krull-57/

He said he was still sleeping when his wife left their house for a hike Saturday morning. He said they had planned to meet at Canadian Tire, she would walk there and he would drive.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...woman-s-glasses-near-valley-gardens-1.3152984

"... The next morning, she left. I thought it was about seven when she left. I was still sleeping, but the dog cries when she goes, so that kind of woke me up.” They had planned to meet at the Canadian Tire later that morning.

“She was going to walk up there and I was going to drive the truck and pick up something,” said Robert, who became concerned about her at about 10 a.m.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/15/thelma-krull-update-at-1-pm

He said he last saw his wife on Friday night, when she talked about waking up early to go on her walk.
"We had discussed … getting a ladder from Canadian Tire. She was going to call me when she got there; I was going to take the truck up and purchase it, and do a few other things and go to the birthday party," he said.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-on-valley-gardens-community-centre-1.3151422

MSM sure isn't doing hubby any favours by making him seem like he has his story straight. moo.

I read this a while back and...they have pics of others that were out walking around that time. Does anyone remember if they said whether they found Thelma on camera walking during that time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

He does. I can't recall whether she would continue running errands with him or he would bring her home?
I would think she would want to come back and shower before the birthday party.

I read this a while back and...they have pics of others that were out walking around that time. Does anyone remember if they said whether they found Thelma on camera walking during that time?

LE really haven't said too much about what they've found except that the evidence shows something bad happened to her on that hill.

I think they only release info that could help generate leads for further investigation, everything else they keep to themselves.

I don't believe they ever made a statement clearing her husband, but partly that's because it's never officially come up that he might be involved.

To me, the circumstances don't point to his being involved, since they have solid evidence that she was out walking, and not just his word for it. It's certainly possible he met up with her and then planted evidence at the hill. If so, I don't think LE would be fooled and they'll have seen through the ruse. I have a hard time picturing him actually attacking her on the hill, for one thing older, out of shape men like that hate climbing hills!

I recall an unsolved case in Alberta, Stephanie Stewart, age 70, disappeared from a fire tower early one morning.. I believe there was evidence of a 'medical event' ie blood. I personally think she was killed simply because she was older and therefore not able to defend herself, by someone who just wanted to kill someone. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?42748-Canada-Stephanie-Stewart-70-Alberta-Aug-2006

I hope both cases are solved.

Randomly, I saw someone in a grocery store (in USA) that looked just like Thelma. Same everything except the hair dye was blue not purple, and this lady had on a frumpy dress. I engaged conversation about dishwashing soap to detect if this woman had an accent, but she didn't. I concluded it was not Thelma based on that. Then I started wondering what her (Thelma's) accent would sound like. I don't actually know.

I think you would find that a Canadian from the Prairies would sound very much like someone from North Dakota or Minnesota. Personally I don't think we have accents at all. I've traveled in the USA extensively and never noticed any kind of distinct between most northern states and us.

I think you would find that a Canadian from the Prairies would sound very much like someone from North Dakota or Minnesota. Personally I don't think we have accents at all. I've traveled in the USA extensively and never noticed any kind of distinct between most northern states and us.

People guess I'm Canadian because I do say 'eh', a lot more than I realized, eh.

Reminder from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Ooops...Thanks for the reminder SillyBilly!

My beginning thoughts was possibly a neighbor that they may have had a disagreement with but I assume they have questioned all of the neighbors.

"no" .... they did not officially say they have other images or video footage ..... but at a Q&A with reporters a police spokesman (woman) let a comment slip that they had other video .... she quickly changed the subject and did not mention it again.

Cops like to keep those things close to their chests and never let on everything they know. Just like the street video of Thelma leaving home .... she would not be the only one recorded ..... the comings and goings of everyone else would also be recorded that morning , including when the husband left , unless he went north half a block and took a different street.

I just posted on this sort of thing. About the husband specifically, I agree that there could be other videos from the surrounding neighborhood that haven't been shared with the media or piblic.

"no" .... they did not officially say they have other images or video footage ..... but at a Q&A with reporters a police spokesman (woman) let a comment slip that they had other video .... she quickly changed the subject and did not mention it again.

Cops like to keep those things close to their chests and never let on everything they know. Just like the street video of Thelma leaving home .... she would not be the only one recorded ..... the comings and goings of everyone else would also be recorded that morning , including when the husband left , unless he went north half a block and took a different street.
I have noticed IMHO it seems Canada LE does keep more quiet on info they have which I believe is good...even tho I want to know. Lol

100%. They are super tight lipped. I.e "Glasses were found" well unless they were broken, bent, bloodied etc that means basically nothing especially in an open field.

They are also stating said she may have suffered "distress". What kind of distress??? Phsychological, emotional, physical?

The public actually may be of help here but there is almost zero to go on.
It's like ..... Help us help you!

100%. They are super tight lipped. I.e "Glasses were found" well unless they were broken, bent, bloodied etc that means basically nothing especially in an open field.

They are also stating said she may have suffered "distress". What kind of distress??? Phsychological, emotional, physical?

The public actually may be of help here but there is almost zero to go on.
It's like ..... Help us help you!
Sometimes tight lipped is good but after a while and you have not progressed it's time to reach out to the public.
It seems....imho some leads or tips are generated from a response to a written news articles on the case. I also know they get a lot of crazy replies also but hey there is always a chance of that needle in the haystack.

I totally agree the police should have put more info out for us in the neighbourhood UNLESS they have evidence pointing to one suspect.
At first I thought they put that medical distress comment out there just to shield the family, but they mentioned it again a year later.

A friend of mine who walked the hill and Valley Gardens area regularly says those tire tracks were there well before Thelma's disappearance.

Usually friends, family and neighbours have a fairly good idea as to what could have happened to a person who disappeared, but not so in this case. Ask 5 different people and you get 5 different theories. It really is a terrible mystery.

Ive told my friends and family, if it's me who ever disappears, reveal every aspect of my life and relationships. Just lay it all out there. Whatever it takes to get the perp! For some reason, this has not been done, either by her family or police.
Most of us still aren't even clear on the timeline of that July day!

This isn't just my opinion. It is the general feeling inside the community that too much was hidden to get much help from the general public. I also think the media let us down. Not a single reporter here took this case and did any serious digging,
perhaps due to police instructions. Well, where has all of this secrecy gotten us, I ask? Absolutely nowhere in my opinion.

The jist of the news conference: there's been a reported sighting of a woman bearing the likeness of Thelma Krull, seen with a male in the area she was originally reported missing from, that information about this reported sighting was provided to LE since LE's last update on the case in Jul 2016. Reporters were trying to get clarification about WHEN this reported sighting took place......LE wouldn't give that info, only that they became aware of the previous sighting since Jul 11, 2016 LE update. One reporter asked if it's known whether Thelma knew a man with this man's description and LE danced around that a little bit IMO, saying they wanted to be sensitive to Thelma and the family.

I had issues connecting to the live stream so missed the beginning part but they did give a physical description of the male.

Winnipeg police are investigating a report that Thelma Krull, who has been missing since July 2015, may have been spotted with a "heavy-set man" in the East Kildonan area in recent months.

Investigators received a report of a possible sighting sometime after they issued another plea for assistance this past July.

A woman with a similar description was seen near Kimberly Avenue east of Gateway Road "in the company of a heavy-set man" who was about five feet, eight inches tall, weighing 270 pounds, with a "bowl-style haircut," police said Wednesday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-missing-winnipeg-police-update-1.3801362

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895