Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me that looks like a mom holding something like a backpack, and a kid watching. When was that pic captured?

That pic is from the link below, which states: Police believe two people in their 30s were seen in this area of Civic Park the day Thelma Krull went missing. (Google Maps); obviously these 2 people weren't in their 30s, so perhaps this is just capture of whoever was in the googlemap place at the time? Is there a photo then of the 2 people police are looking for? Or was it just that they have a report of 2 people in their 30s talking in the area, but they didn't get it on cctv?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-1-year-since-disappearance-1.3672734

I think #3 has quite hairy legs, and really bulky shoulders, and less bulk at the front... can't see evidence of a bra.. i'm thinking male. jmo

Also jmo, but I feel that police say that phrase (medical distress) when there is something concrete, like blood, found.

attachment.php

At a first glance, and without reading anything about the figure in this picture, my first thought was: Oh! They have a picture of this huge person with the bowl-style haircut!

But that does not seem to be the case, or maybe...?

I read about Thelma's disappearance every now and then. It seems odd to me that she could vanish from what appears to be a very open area where someone might pass by at any moment, even at that time in the morning, and witness a possible abduction.

At a first glance, and without reading anything about the figure in this picture, my first thought was: Oh! They have a picture of this huge person with the bowl-style haircut!

But that does not seem to be the case, or maybe...?

I read about Thelma's disappearance every now and then. It seems odd to me that she could vanish from what appears to be a very open area where someone might pass by at any moment, even at that time in the morning, and witness a possible abduction.

That picture really does seem to fit that description, doesn't it... but it seems that police had that photo from the same day TK went missing, and have since spoken to this person.

Who would want to abduct a 57 y/o grandma with no money on her at the time, and for what purpose, and where is the body? Hope police were able to obtain a search warrant to search the matrimonial home in depth, and that we won't find out in a year from now that they found her at home and didn't search more than just a cursory one at the time (as in some other cases).

Imo, this is a ruse to lead something in the wrong direction. It doesn't make sense because on the one hand, the call is timed so that it appears that LE's most recent plea for information sparked the caller to make the call, but on the other hand, the caller just so happens to know that he/she saw TK wayyyyy back a year ago, on exactly July 11, 2015 when she first 'disappeared'. There would be absolutely no reason why a caller with that (very little) information couldn't have made that 'anonymous' phonecall back then, on July 12th, 2015, (or whatever). What would be the reason for withholding that information for a year? That call could have been made by a 'psychic' too, and be completely meaningless. Or it could have been made by the perp who did something to TK to get the heat off of *him* and get them pursuing something else. Also could have been made by someone who just *thought* they saw TK in a vehicle that day, perhaps someone that looked like any one of the various photos which were released at the time, and thought it so trivial that they wouldn't bother, but the renewed plea for information made them call anyway, even though a year later... but if that was the case, then why make it anonymous? jmo

100% agreed. Nothing more than a confusing smoke screen to possibly make the true abductor believe the cops are off in the wrong direction so he/she will make a move. Most people don't even know what a bowl-style haircut could look like but that's an interesting little wrench they used to detract attention. Nothing they have said thus far has given the public any leeway in even coming close to an idea of what may have happened. "Distress" could mean physical, emotional, psychological etc. The fact they found her glasses again means nothing to the public unless they stated what shape they were in - i.e. broken, bent, bloodied, fingerprinted etc.

There's another lady missing from Winnipeg....

Bear Clan Patrol helps husband search for missing wife
November 5, 2016

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...lps-husband-search-for-missing-wife-1.3838577

ETA: Here's her thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eg-MB-30-October-2016&p=12917120#post12917120

I took a look at this other disappearance. IMHO that is most probably a case of depression and everybody seems to fear a suicide. I hope she is found alive and well, but I join in the fear.

I get very different vibes from Thelma's disappearance. In the case of the missing Chinese woman, her family and friends are shocked, but not surprised or maybe they are more accepting of the circumstances. There is no bafflement or mystery as in Thelma's case.

I still have not forgotten Thelma or this very puzzling case. I wonder if her family was shown the list of released sex offenders in Manitoba to see if any of them knew Thelma? Not sure if I'm allowed to post them here, so I won't, but I occasionally scour all cases in Elmwood, East and North Kildonan which could possibly be related. Serious offenders escalate and usually stick to fairly familiar neighbourhoods. I just reread a newspaper article which said the police think, if it was an abduction, it was probably random... yet at the beginning of the investigation they said people in the neighbourhood had nothing to fear. I wonder what changed their minds?

I wonder if these two guys were ever caught: http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnip...hbourhood-as-winnipeg-police-investigate.html ? This is really more North Kildonan, but it isn't too far from Kimberley. I think it would have taken two men to abduct Thelma. There is a 6'2 white male that police were also looking for in connection with a sexual assault in the area a few months before Thelma's sudden disappearance. There was a string of 6 sexual assaults around that time, but they caught the perp, and he was targeting younger women. One used a bike to approach his victims.

I have a few "ears on the ground" in the area, including my own, but the strange thing is nobody seems to have a clue. Usually you hear gossip and rumours, but I've gleaned nothing of significance. Thelma was a good person who did not have enemies; in fact, she was very well liked. Some bad people connected with a family member? Perhaps in one direction, but I'm sure the police checked it out, and I did phone it in months ago as a suggestion, flimsy as it was.

Where would Thelma meet men who might develop an interest in her? Well, at her workplace there were not many men. She was in the office, not meeting a lot of the public or family members of SPIKE residents. She would have met a lot of men at Mr.Sub, but that was many years ago that she worked there, and no evidence of a stalker from those days that I've heard of. She did enjoy going to the Winnipeg Speedway races, and her husband worked for Winnipeg Transit which employs a lot of men, but how would they even get to see or know Thelma? I'm sure the family has thought of all possible stalkers. So that leaves us with a random attacker(s)/abductor(s), I guess, in which case women in the area do still need to be very vigilant.

Another thought I had was that maybe Thelma did get sick along the way due to the heat and low hydration, and a man who she thought was a Good Samaritan turned out not to be. So that's why he got close to her. Then when she struggled, her glasses were damaged, and she dropped her cell phone, maybe while trying to phone for help?

As I've indicated before, I do not suspect her husband. Why go after her in public and not in the home, and on the day of his grandson's birthday party? Also doesn't fit his energy level/personality to plan some big scheme. I'm sure the police have thoroughly checked out the immediate family members. It's a pretty tight timeline for Thelma's husband to kill her and dispose of her body and not leave any evidence behind!

I also don't suspect she left of her own free will. I've found no evidence to support that idea.

I sure wish the police would give us more to go on!

This was more recent, but seems to be drug-related as the son (not present) was threatened. Drugs are a huge problem in the area. Lots of gang members and even gang leaders live in that part of the city. No connections to the Krull family though as far as I've found! http://globalnews.ca/news/2567478/52-year-old-woman-assaulted-robbed-in-east-kildonan-home/

A quiet Saturday morning in summer was a good time to make a drug deal. Maybe Thelma saw someone selling drugs to a young kid and confronted the dealer? Two people I know who live close to the Kimberley Hill are convinced this is the most likely scenario. I think the motive was sexual assault, but we're all only guessing.

I wasn't around in October when the announcement was made about the possible sighting. I don't see how LE would give much credence to a neutral eye-witness, after so much time had passed, and make a public announcement of it.

It's possible to me the information has came from someone associated with the 'heavy set man'. The police made this statement in July:

I ask people who live in and around the area of Civic Park and the Valley Gardens Area, if you have a suspicion or a gut feeling about someone who lives in, works in or is somehow associated to this area, we want to hear about that," he said.

"Also if you have noticed any change in behaviour amongst anyone in that area since the time of Thelma's disappearance, we want to know."
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-1-year-since-disappearance-1.3672734

It seems possible to me the man lived(s) on that street, and someone has reported him based on seeing him with someone, or their gut feeling, or subsequent suspicious behaviour, as was asked.

It seems to me also, the purpose of that October announcement may have been to pressure the man, or someone who knows him, to talk. It's a very odd police statement, which I sensed wasn't really addressed to the public or seeking public input.

JMO

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. I know people in the area who think it was a "crime of opportunity", possibly by someone who had seen Thelma walk that route before. Many have lived in that neighbourhood for 25 years and more, and know a lot of people due to their kids having gone through school and playing at the community clubs on various teams. I've spent time there myself (eg on that hill tobogganing, at Morse Place CC and school, KE School). I've asked people to rack their brains for anyone in the area who might have done this. We've all drawn blanks. It is so frustrating! I know the police did a thorough search of backyards and backlanes around Luelda and avenues off Luelda. I know they talked to one guy who had been in prison many years ago for robbery and another younger fellow who had a brief, not too serious run-in with police. That tells me they left no stone unturned as far as questioning anyone with a record. My gut feeling is it was someone who knew she was a regular walker. I do not suspect her husband and never have. Was she having an affair with someone? I highly doubt it. From what I saw of her, she was not a flirtitious sort of woman. Of course, one can't judge by that, but others who knew her well say she was not likely to be invoIved with someone else. I am certainly more wary now when I walk a dog in that area.

It being a Saturday morning, I thought of Thelma again. (She disappeared on a Sat. morning.) We know the location from which she disappeared and the time which is a very narrow window (between 7:30am and 8am). The family phoned her in as missing to the police very early on, and some have questioned this. I do not. It sounds like she had not phoned her daughter during her walk, as expected. She did not show up to meet her husband as expected. But the most important factor is, July 11th was a special day because of her grandson's birthday party and having to pick up the birthday cake. Also, it was already hot and humid in the morning, and maybe they feared she had gotten ill on the way. If someone is always punctual and reliable, one knows very quickly something is wrong if he/she is even 30 mins. late without phoning. I know my family would be! One thing I have found unusual and dismaying is the small amount of information that was given out by the police and family. Honestly, in these cases where someone disappears, I really think the public is their friend. Given all the searches that were done by the public with no trace of Thelma, it makes me think the perp might be a rural person, or someone who took her out to a rural area. There are many quick-escape routes from Kimberley Hill to the Perimeter, which is nearby. A friend who lives very close to the hill thinks it was some construction worker who saw her walking. Construction work is often not even done in Winnipeg on Saturdays, unlike in the US. Construction supervisors, however, do go out to check on sites and assess progress. So I guess two new thoughts that have come to me are construction supervisor and rural, but again, this is all just speculation and grasping at straws. Earlier I said maybe a hospital worker getting off a shift because Thelma had passed the Concordia Hospital on her walk to the Hill apparently. Maybe a hospital worker who lives in a rural area. I cannot imagine anyone raping Thelma right there by the Hill, although a friend who walks in that area regularly, said there is a sheltered spot behind the Valley Garden Community Club where a rape could have happened without anyone seeing anything. I still think, as I did on Day 1 of this case, that someone or two men, abducted Thelma to rape her. Guys I have talked to said it would have been difficult for just one man to pull this off. Was it someone she knew? I doubt it. Not someone she knew well because then would there have been signs of a struggle? She did not go willingly, that is quite obvious. I continue to ponder on this case and pray it is solved some day.

Thelma didn't suffer any mental or physical illness. She was happy and healthy at the time of her disappearance.
If she was sighted with this male, it was not her initiation...she was training for a hiking vacation and had other obligations immediately after her hike.
It's a total mystery, but I feel foul play is inevitably the case.

:welcome6: Ititwlbe

Thanks for joining us here under such lousy circumstances...

I have to wonder IF it was her with a man (note BIG IF) maybe he knew Thelma thru one or maybe two degrees of separation, but Thelma had no clue who he was...

:thinking:

Where are you Thelma???

:candle:

Sad to say, I don't know how to start a new thread! I would like to start one re the East Selkirk, Manitoba triple murder-suicide involving the Gregoires and Bill Wozney. It now appears it was NOT a love triangle as all of us assumed, but fraud and money were the motives behind what happened Monday.

I wondered way back if Thelma had uncovered fraud in the SPIKE office and was going to blow the whistle on someone, but a friend of mine who had worked for the organization said there is no way fraud could happen there. Way too many checks and balances. Apparently not so at the Wozney physiotherapist business!

Sad to say, I don't know how to start a new thread! I would like to start one re the East Selkirk, Manitoba triple murder-suicide involving the Gregoires and Bill Wozney. It now appears it was NOT a love triangle as all of us assumed, but fraud and money were the motives behind what happened Monday.

I wondered way back if Thelma had uncovered fraud in the SPIKE office and was going to blow the whistle on someone, but a friend of mine who had worked for the organization said there is no way fraud could happen there. Way too many checks and balances. Apparently not so at the Wozney physiotherapist business!
It is certainly a possibility that TK could have uncovered something. I have personally been privy to details concerning 2 separate not-for-profit organizations where things were not as others, who should have known, thought they were. I don't think we know enough details about how Spike is run, what kind of checks and balances are in place, how much control the ED has, how involved the board members are, etc., to make a blanket statement that all is well. The friend of yours may have inner knowledge however, and may be correct in that it couldn't happen there. I wonder if LE would have checked into that possibility at all, during the course of their investigation? (I'm thinking NOT). Did TK work with the finances there?

Dang, I got excited when I saw activity in this thread and I was hoping there had been some headway made in this case! Just wild to imagine that an adult woman can just disappear into thin are in her own neighbourhood one morning while going for a regular walk.

Is it possible her disappearance had something to do with her work? Sure.
But I just don't believe it is. S.P.I.K.E. (Special People in Kildonan East) has operated for decades. I volunteered with them a bit as a teen in the late 1980s.
I'm sure they were investigated as part of the Krull case.
They would be audited on a regular basis. I do believe Krull was some type of admin support at the main office.
I don't believe that someone would go from fraud to murder.
I've actually worked with 2 people who have been arrested for embezzling. One was from a non profit almost 30 years ago. The other was from a nursing facility about 5 years ago.
Both were found to be stealing from accounting irregularities.
I don't think S.P.I.K.E. is flush with cash and the families of the residents would eventually question big changes in funding/donations if someone was suddenly skimming money and the revenue stream was trickling down.
I could be totally off in left field but I have never felt this had anything to do with her work.
It's really not that big of a organization (8 staff members plus residential care workers) that operates out of a big house. The people they help are people who are mentally challenged.

http://www.spikeinc.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members