Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oak Park / Powerline Road area. - where is that in relation to the industrial park?

Another FB posting
15 mins ago I saw a truck on Dumfries rd going towards pine hurst rd. I tried to follow it, but every time I got closer, it went faster. I couldn't get close enough to see the license plate. But it was a black dodge ram with the lights on top. I called crime stoppers as soon as I lost it.

Tweets from reporter at http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/

Vincent Ball ‏@EXPVBall 10m
Search began in parking lot used by hikers and continued down deep slope to Grand River.

Vincent Ball ‏@EXPVBall 12m
OPP from Brant Haldimand and Norfolk and canine unit involved in the search.

Vincent Ball ‏@EXPVBall 14m
OPP searching a wooded area @ the end of Powerline Road near former Wescast Foundry for missing Ancaster man.

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202334412670743594294.0004dc60717cff2def24d&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=43.161116,-80.190582&spn=0.350603,0.823975&z=10&source=embed
Oak Park / Powerline Road area. - where is that in relation to the industrial park?

Red phone where cell phone was located is shown on this map on Fen Ridge, which runs off Oak Park. Zoom in on red phone - to the north of it is Hwy 403, then next road north is Powerline. Hampton Inn & Suites is right there - but its a very rural area.

Tweets from reporter at http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/

Vincent Ball ‏@EXPVBall 10m
Search began in parking lot used by hikers and continued down deep slope to Grand River.

Vincent Ball ‏@EXPVBall 12m
OPP from Brant Haldimand and Norfolk and canine unit involved in the search.

Vincent Ball ‏@EXPVBall 14m
OPP searching a wooded area @ the end of Powerline Road near former Wescast Foundry for missing Ancaster man.

If they are searching near Wescast, then there are quite a number of other industrial buildings there as well - so hopefully, there will be some security video available from one or more of those companies.

This is very close to home for me, and I so want to go help - but I'm sure LE does not want a bunch of amateurs on scene to deal with right about now. So hard to stay put when I know what's going on so closeby though. Praying for Tim & his family.

Does anyone else think they have probably abandoned the truck by now? It wouldn't make sense for them to still be driving it around, especially not in any areas that are on alert to look out for them. Not that any of what they have done makes sense...

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/09/london-bmo-bank-robbery-may-be-related-to-burned-out-volkswagen-found-blocks-away

Investigators say a man entered the BMO branch at 1315 Commissioners Rd. E. about 12:30 Thursday, when he pulled out what appeared to be a gun and demanded money.

He drove off in a silver Volkswagen.

A five-minute drive away, at a townhouse complex at 590 Millbank Dr., a similar VW station wagon was found in flames, the blaze leaving its interior destroyed.

Witnesses describe the suspect as a slim man, about five-foot-six with a “darker” complexion.

He was wearing a black-and-white bandana around his face, black ball cap and a red hooded jacket.

BBM

Bank robbery in London ON yesterday - about an hour's drive from Brantford - similar description of POI, possibly linked? If so, then he's switched vehicles & destroyed this one.

Does anyone else think they have probably abandoned the truck by now? It wouldn't make sense for them to still be driving it around, especially not in any areas that are on alert to look out for them. Not that any of what they have done makes sense...

If it was stolen to be stripped then it's probably already in pieces and anything left over burnt.

If it was stolen to be stripped then it's probably already in pieces and anything left over burnt.

Hopefully even the chop shop guys will find abducting and possibly harming an innocent person to be going too far... and if they 'chopped' that particular truck, will leak some info to LE. Just cause they steal material things doesn't mean they have to be entirely without heart - so I pray they do the right thing and turn in any info they might have.

Saved him from what? :(

What is the motive here? Has a ransom been requested? What is the purpose of taking Tim, to get the truck? Why risk having a witness?

Sorry, I was typing while watching the presser. I meant saved the Toronto man from going missing like TB has.

Apologies for the confusion in my haste to type and post info.:blushing:

VIN #'s are embedded in locations unknown to common perps now, I am not sure if they would have been in 2007. As an example, the engine on that 3500 truck would have been worth at least $10-15k,maybe not black market value, but those diesel motors are expensive. They etch the VIN's and do crazy things now at the manufacturer to trace VIN #'s on parts.

These perps are not too swift, if their purpose is selling this type of truck.

The HEAT is ON - and the buyer(s) know it. Would they really want a missing man being traced back to them for the purpose of parts?

Involving an abduction during a theft is either dumb or on purpose (gang initiation?).

VIN SCAMS:

Types of VIN Scams

• Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) are serial numbers for vehicles that are used to differentiate similar makes and models; every vehicle has a unique VIN. VIN plates are located on the dashboard and can be viewed through the windshield.
  • VIN Switch: Thieves use VIN switching to disguise the identity of a stolen vehicle. They will replace the VIN on a stolen vehicle with a VIN that is not recorded as stolen. The thief will then try to resell the stolen car to an unsuspecting customer.
  • Salvage Switch: A vehicle that is extensively damaged, burned or stripped, and determined not to be eligible for repair is called “salvaged.” Thieves buy a salvaged vehicle just to obtain the title and the VIN. Then, they go out and steal a car that is the same make and model, and switch the VIN plates
http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/auto-theft-prevention

Black and White Bandana around his face? Gang?

I mentioned gang initiation earlier too ... theory.
They couldn't take the Toronto guy's truck due to his size, but they were able to take Tim's because they could overpower him?
Also that tattoo, gang related?

They couldn't take the Toronto guy's truck due to his size, but they were able to take Tim's because they could overpower him?

http://www.prisonoffenders.com/native_syndicate.html

The Native Syndicate is comprised of two diverse chapters, the Northern Manitoba members and the Winnipeg affiliates. The organization is generally involved in low level drug trafficking, prostitution, robberies and vehicle theft.
Symbols: NS, black or white bandanas, tomahawk and spear in an X form with a shield and tow feathers in back ground.
Ranking structure: unorganized
Territory: Canada, Alberta, Toronto, Vancouver, British Columbia, Ontario and Oklahoma

BBM

Possibly associated with this gang?

BBM: Great thought, about the tattoo being gang related.

Checking with prison guards would be the quickest answer to this question, I would think.

Just a theory of mine, what about this angle?

these two guys (the suspects) are told by a gang member or leader, a guy who owes us money (or whatever) is selling his truck and trailer, he owes us money, we will pay you to kidnap him... Look the add up on kijiji for a Ram 3500... the suspects do this, go see the guy in Toronto, realize it's not the guy they are supposed to kidnap,so on to the next, which is Tim...

Possible?

It would be nice to know about the tattoos on the victim's knuckles. They don't really "jive" with his clean cut appearance, kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery