Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the towing capacity for a 2007 Dodge Ram Truck 3500. You would have to add the weight of the car hauler trailer to the calculation, does anyone know the brand of the trailer? It would have to be at least 3,000 KG. I need the brand of the trailer to get the weight of it and add it to the weight of the truck.

Towing Capacity (kg) 7,666

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (kg) 4,581

http://www.auto123.com/en/dodge/ram-3500-quad-cab-4x4-sb/2007?carid=1071501678

It was a white truck pulling the trailer, it actually looks to be the same size as the red ( and TB's black) truck.

I have CP24 showing the video paused on my tv right now.

Police towed the trailer and its contents from DM`s mothers home tonight with...interestingly, a white dodge ram 3500.

The massive tow truck shown was also on site but was not used to tow the trailer it was the white Dodge Ram shown in ametuer video approx 30 mins ago on CHCH and CP24 and again at 11pm on most southern ontario news stations.

I just saw footage on CP24 and the trailer is the same as the one we have seen on the friend`s fb going to the Baja race.

I need to know the year and make of the jeep, I am not up to speed on all the Mexico stuff.

A jeep would not weigh the same as a 3,500 Ram Truck, that's for sure.

sorry to use pounds here but the Ram 3500 towing capacity in deisel is 17500 lbs, the truck weighs 7500 lbs itself, theres no way that trailer itself weighs 10000lbs.

It was a white truck pulling the trailer, it actually looks to be the same size as the red ( and TB's black) truck.

Have looked at CP24 online and am not seeing a recent video - anyway to get a pix of what you are seeing up on this website?

Yes, Wondergirl, I saw the truck too. It was a white version of the same kind of truck as Tim`s pulling the trailer. Not sure if it was LE`s white truck or a truck that was already attached to the trailer.

I need to know the year and make of the jeep, I am not up to speed on all the Mexico stuff.

A jeep would not weigh the same as a 3,500 Ram Truck, that's for sure.

Hi WG,

I am no expert on Jeeps but to me it looks like about a 2000 Jeep TJ Sport.

eleph

neighbors say it did not arrive until Thursday, he was arrested on Friday. Where the Waterloo Hanger comes into play is confusing unless they went there from Ancaster through Brantford. They were obviously driving it according to eye witness that saw it at 10:10. Perhaps the industrial area is where the trailer was waiting and that is when they drove the truck into the trailer, just dont see why they would risk leaving a trail behind by throwing out Tims cell...

See this is why I suggest that IF TB was killed, either by stupid design or by stupid accident, it happened between the time they all left his Ancaster residence at app 9:30 and shortly before or shortly after the truck was seen in Brantford at 10:10. Hard to say if the cel phone dropped from a pocket or was tossed from the road but, again, why I hope they'll check those many containers being stored on the Brantford property where the phone was found. Also, I wonder if Brantford has street cams? Seems to me movement of that truck during the time period from, say 10:00 pm to 10:30 could be very important.

Ridiculous as it sounds, I hope LE is also carefully checking the ditches alongside the 403 between Ancaster and Brantford. You know, if all that these foolish young men had in mind was stealing TB's truck it's not inconceivable that they might just have stopped the vehicle, demanded that he hand over his cel phone (so he couldn't call his wife), made him get out and then took off. Perhaps he was then struck and killed by a car on the highway in a completely unrelated event. (OK, I'm clutching at straws here, trying to find any rational motivation for what seems increasingly likely to be a senseless tragedy.)

Here is the towing capacity for a 2007 Dodge Ram Truck 3500. You would have to add the weight of the car hauler trailer to the calculation, does anyone know the brand of the trailer? It would have to be at least 3,000 KG. I need the brand of the trailer to get the weight of it and add it to the weight of the truck.

Towing Capacity (kg) 7,666

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (kg) 4,581

http://www.auto123.com/en/dodge/ram-3500-quad-cab-4x4-sb/2007?carid=1071501678

I believe the GVWR is the maximum weight (truck & cargo) it's rated for without adding a trailer. You want tare weight (or curbweight, which is listed as 3,190kg) to figure out what it weighs with no cargo. There's no way one of those trailers weighs nearly as much as a fully loaded truck.

A dodge 3500 dually is quite capable to haul the single axle 3500 in the trailer found in MBs driveway.

Wondergirl -

This is not the truck that was used to tow the trailer. The truck used to tow the trailer (as shown on TV news coverage) was an all white, pick up style truck.

The 3500 would be more than capable of towing a trailer of that size with another 3500 inside.

Maripcms

You see this tow truck that LE hired to tow the trailer with the truck in it?

THAT is what is needed to tow a 3500 Dodge Ram Truck, that's in a trailer.

I do not think another 3500 truck could handle towing a big trailer with a 3500 inside it, even if it was a dually, which the perp's truck was, when I looked at the facebook picture of a red one. If it was done, it would not have been done over a great distance, the towing capacity would not be that big, I will have to check the calculations.

The fact that LE does not want to take Tim's truck out of the trailer says alot.

The fact that Tim's truck was likely DRIVEN to the home, likely on Thursday, and then put in the trailer (or towed from a short distance away) would suggest that there is other video out there that LE can collect on the movement of the truck.

JMO

BKGn8IBCYAArTD8.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/natalie_kalata/status/333732498779561985/photo/1

I think TB threw it out the window himself to leave a trail, once he realized what was happening!

What side of the road was it found on or was it found in a parking lot?

Just bouncing off your post. Sadly, I do not think that Tim threw it.
I think he would have left it on if he could have. Also, I wonder if the truck had driver side locks on the windows so Tim couldn't lower his window.

IMO, I think the perps turned off both his and their own phone when things went down, so that his wife couldn't contact them.

I recall reading that his phone had been shut off. I do not believe that Tim would have done that at all. IMO that leaves the perps getting his phone and shutting it off, then disposing of it. :(

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...y_hold_out_hope_for_hamilton_mans_return.html

"Bosma’s own cellphone was turned off shortly after his disappearance"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ive-with-two-strange-men-and-never-came-back/

"Police found the phone in an industrial area near Brantford; they say they’re able to get records of calls made to Bosma’s cell phone before it was shut off at about 10 p.m. on Monday. "

"Police have traced a number that called Bosma’s cellphone earlier that evening to a phone registered originally in the Toronto area under a bogus name. That phone became inoperable around the same time as Bosma’s."

" “I watched my husband drive away just after 9 o’clock Monday night. He smiled at me and said he’ll be right back. I haven’t seen him since,” said Bosma."

"A sighting of the missing vehicle, a black pickup truck, was reported in downtown Brantford at about 10 p.m. on Monday"

Sometime within that first hour, Tim was overpowered, his phone taken and shut off, their phone became inoperable, and his truck stolen. I've seen other reports that mention he left at 9:20 pm. That doesn't give much time. According to google maps, it is a 22 minute drive to Brantford from Trinity Drive. If they left Tim's house at 9:20 pm and were in Brantford at 10:00 pm, that only gives 18 minutes to overpower Tim and leave him somewhere. I can't imagine them driving to Brantford with him still in the vehicle.

So, they got rid of the phone in an industrial area near Brantford, and were later spotted driving in Brantford at around the same time or shortly afterwards. If Tim was in the passenger seat, perp #2 would've been seated behind him, giving an easy and awful opportunity to overtake him from behind prior to the disposal of the phone. He could have been rendered unconscious. They probably realized that his wife would be calling to wonder why he hadn't returned yet, so they got rid of Tim's phone, and their own phone so she couldn't call that back either (they called his home phone to make the appointment, if he had call display she would've been able to call them and ask to speak to Tim and when they were coming back). They wanted to make sure she couldn't reach any of them. Whatever they did with Tim, and wherever they put him, it must've been quick.

I don't know why they would have driven to Brantford before going to Kleinburg, perhaps to throw anyone off their trail or make it seem like Tim had met up with someone there, and maybe that's why they left his phone there- but I can't imagine them leaving it anywhere near *him*.

I also feel that whatever happened, they (the perps) would not have wanted to mess up a nice truck.
Where are you Tim? :(

Yes, Wondergirl, I saw the truck too. It was a white version of the same kind of truck as Tim`s pulling the trailer. Not sure if it was LE`s white truck or a truck that was already attached to the trailer.

In order to determine if the payload was maxed out or over on the tow, thereby possibly limiting the distance for towing, or otherwise risking a blown transmission etc., I need to know:

-The make of the trailer. Some of the trailers I have found are indeed 10,000 lb's, but of course there are many variables

I can figure this out myself, if someone can direct me to a facebook, video or otherwise! :) Thanks!

This is important information, as it can guide us in what may have happened here.

In order to determine if the payload was maxed out or over on the tow, thereby possibly limiting the distance for towing, or otherwise risking a blown transmission etc., I need to know:

-The make of the trailer. Some of the trailers I have found are indeed 10,000 lb's, but of course there are many variables

I can figure this out myself, if someone can direct me to a facebook, video or otherwise! :) Thanks!

This is important information, as it can guide us in what may have happened here.

Wondergirl, Im telling you, it is a Dodge Ram 3500 that the Police used to remove the trailer and its content from DM`s mothers home in Kleinburg Ont tonight.

Help me be hopeful, too, because I really want to be... and you may be right... so please help me figure out reasons why they would keep Tim alive.

Maybe it all went wrong when Tim realized they were up to no good & intending to steal his truck, and challenged them - but they are not killers (hopefully), so they restrained Tim and not knowing what else to do, have stored him away somewhere to buy some time to think of a way out of this? Maybe suspect #2 is with Tim and in panic mode right now, knowing that DM has been arrested and isn't coming back to help him 'solve' their dilemna?[/QUOTE]

That's the shred of hope I'm trying to hold onto- thinking of the soup cans pic. :sigh: :praying:

How could the Dodge fit inside the trailer in the first place? Was the truck chopped and placed in the trailer afterwards? I really want to post that photo from fb of Dellen and the trailer.

that was the only vid I could capture since the breaking news banner covers the truck right after that point then the truck drives out of the picture ( it was a viewer that sent in the footage so the camera was wobbly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member