Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #3 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was targeting because that was the truck they wanted to steal. They test drove another one the day before and perhaps it was not exactly what they were looking for or as they have reported the man was rather large and perhaps they could not follow through or some reason so they found another truck matching the description and sadly that was TB's...this has nothing to do with TB sadly it was about wanting a specific truck. DM is charged with first degree murder meaning they planned it meaning they targeted the victim in order to steal his truck. I think everyone is reading too much into this

Just my worry/speculation here:

What kind of worries me (as has been mentioned by others over the past week), is that this might not be the first murder these "*advertiser censored**holes" have commited.

If you look at the aerial footage of the farm property in the waterloo area, you can clearly see several police/military style tents setup in and around a wooded area on that property.

I wonder if they have discovered evidence beyond just the bosma murder...

I also wondered why there were two tents so far apart on the property.

That's not what he said. Kavanaugh said police believe TB was targeted...not necessarily just his truck.

ok, there seems to be many people hearing different things

my interpretation is that yes, he was targeted but ONLY because he was selling a specific type of vehicle JMO

DM had all these properties he could've sold if he needed money. I still don't understand stealing the truck. And in such a risky way! The dots are just not connecting in my head.

And I'm really curious why DM would need an abandoned farm. Sounds like a great place for hiding all manner of things.

I'm thinking it's very possible they meant based on him matching certain criteria rather than as a human being/ a personal thing.

They probably needed someone with a certain kind of truck in a certain type of location who was home for a test drive at a certain time, and they "targeted" him because he fit their criteria.

ALL JUST IMHO

This is exactly what I believe LE means by targeted. Thanks GGE for putting this so clearly.

I took it to mean Tim himself was targeted instead of the truck. This statement could be taken either way. If Tim was targeted, it would indicate to me that it may have been a revenge type deal - but for what?

No eleph ...the Det seemed quite adamant that there was no prior connection between Tim and the perps.

Targeted! OK. Well that puts a new perspective on things, for sure. But targeted why? Because he had a black truck? Because there was some kind of previous business or social relationship/dispute between TB and DM or the families of either one? We know that the whole MillardAir revival in Waterloo that looked so promising last August had gone completely pear shaped by December. Were there any business dealings with the Bosma construction associates involved there? Looks to me like the whole truck acquisition riff could have been a complete red herring. Then, if all that isn't enough to make your head spin, the idea that DM himself may have been caught in a web of his own making if, for instance, paid accomplices saw an opportunity for personal gain by entrapping him. However you parse it, the real victims of this cruel crime are still alive and must find the strength to face a future without their dear husband and father.
LE said he was targeted, but that there was no connection of TB with these people. It seems to me they wanted the truck.. it was a big, powerful truck. Also the fact he lived in a rural area means there were fewer chances of being seen going with him. JMO

Makes me vaguely curious though. What sort of P.Eng was Tim? Could he have been familiar with DM's family? Maybe even realized his true identity once their intent was clear, so they panicked and decided to get rid of him?

No way to know yet, but I really don't think so. It's odd that the second vehicle followed them if they ever had any intent to let Tim go. Why risk him being able to identify the second car? Why didn't that vehicle just drop Millard and the second suspect at the door instead of the end of the laneway? Before those boys ever got him in the truck, they had planned not to let him go.

My personal hunch is Millard is deep into the chop shop business, that this wasn't the first time he's murdered, and that he was so arrogant as to see it as the cost of doing business.

The day of DM`s arrest there was a pic circulating from a twitter account that the username was connected to cars. It was the pic of a guy in the yellow jeep, with a small plane in the background. It came from AM`s pics.
Im curious... does anyone know HOW the connection was ever made from DM to AM`s fb... given DM did not have a fb at that point.... it is not like he was tagged in those pics.
With a few minutes of watching the Saturday press conference, I put DM's name into Google and came up with a treasure trove of info. Anyone else who put DM's name into Google on Saturday at that time could quickly establish:
- a person of that name was in the 2011 Baja 500 rally
- AM was his co-pilot
- DM was from an aviation family / DM made headlines in 1999 for his aviation accomplishments
- DM was listed as a director of a Fauna & Flora society, address given: 32 Tinsmith Court, Kleinberg
- Millard used to have a hanger at Pearson
- Millard has since 2012 had a hanger at Region of Waterloo International Airport
- AM had a Facebook page
- AM had a Twitter page
- AM had 2 photo albums on FB for the Baja rally; these contained photos that showed what was likely his racing partner and mechanic on their roadtrip down;
- captions &/or comments on AM's FB page photos identified who those 2 others were
- AM's Twitter page had a tweet in which he quoted DM (not a tweet, just a random quote)

I wasn't on this site and didn't even know about this site at the time but I had all this info within 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, sleuthing gets harder the more a name is in published in the media as even if you narrow down Google search results by date, old news pages were getting hit with recent headlines, making the task of finding older material extremely difficult.

The most troubling thing for me right now is why if I could pull that up within 10 minutes of learning the suspect's name, it took police until Sunday morning to show up in Kleinberg.

He was targeting because that was the truck they wanted to steal. They test drove another one the day before and perhaps it was not exactly what they were looking for or as they have reported the man was rather large and perhaps they could not follow through or some reason so they found another truck matching the description and sadly that was TB's...this has nothing to do with TB sadly it was about wanting a specific truck. DM is charged with first degree murder meaning they planned it meaning they targeted the victim in order to steal his truck. I think everyone is reading too much into this

I think it's as simple as they needed that truck to tow their trailer to Baja 500, which is coming up at the end of this month. Theft went wrong and and he was killed.

Makes you wonder but they had to of had a vehicle to to the trailer to the mothers house so why not use that one?

Maybe they didn't feel it could make the trip, the pictures showed an older model dodge.

I heard someone ask that the first time and he replied that there was no connection but when later he definately said yes he thought that Tim was targetted... must be something ABOUT the situation with TB not actually him personally is what I gathered from that.

IMO, with no connection between Tim and the perps in this case, it's clear that Tim was targeted ... not for who he was, who/what he knew, what he did, but for what he OWNED

Wondering if it is possible for the Mods of this site to set up a Forum for this case. I am willing to bet in the days, weeks, months and likely years ahead there will be much info coming out.

I wonder why they aren't releasing a description of the second vehicle?
As I understood from the press conference, the surveillance video may have been really poor. Even the police auto experts could not ID the vehicle, but guessed it might be an SUV.

Hi everyone, first time poster and new to the site. I admire how much effort everyone is contributing.

I have a question I hope someone can verify for me. I was listening to this mornings press conference on NewsTalk1010 and before the conference began the radio host (not sure of their name) was going over the case and he reported that someone known to DM helped Tim make his kijiji ad. I found this interesting because I had not heard it before. Can anyone verify this for me? It might be incorrect as the latest conference Kavanaugh reported DM and Tim had no relation.

The above is interesting. Has anyone else heard this? If true, did this person tell DM that TB was looking to sell his truck?

2 Things somewhat related.

Since both suspects were apparently wearing the same clothing at the Bosma Residence as well as the first truck they test drove the day before, are LE looking at footage prior to 9:20pm in the ancaster/Branford area or the Etobicoke area around the time they test drove that truck?

If they had stopped for gas or at a food/convenience store somewhere surely orange shirt/red hoodie would stand out.

I don't know if cell data could reveal what path or direction those involved came from before arriving at Tim's house? Did they come from Brantford and go back that way or come from Mississauga/Etobicoke that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste