GUILTY Canada - Véronique Barbe, 41, Yvon Lacasse, 71, slain, St-Eustache, QC, 14 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...o-be-discharged-from-hospital-his-lawyer-says

Ugo Fredette is ready to be discharged from hospital, his lawyer says

"He's the one who called me," lawyer Pierre Gauthier said Thursday
“He’s the one who called me, so that’s why I can tell you that he’s able to express himself,” Pierre Gauthier said in a telephone interview.

Upon Ugo Fredette’s release from the hospital, it is expected that the 41-year-old will be transferred to Quebec and questioned by the Sûreté du Québec in connection with the murder of Yvon Lacasse, a 71-year-old man who disappeared last week and whose body was found Wednesday.
A Quebec Superior Court judge had ordered a medical evaluation of Fredette to evaluate his ability to appear in court to face charges of second-degree murder in connection with the death of Véronique Barbe, who was found dead in her Saint-Eustache home last Thursday.

attachment.php

On Sept. 18, police released this sketch of a witness they want to speak to in the Quebec Amber Alert case. (Sûreté du Québec)

He was seen with Fredette at a hotel in Rouyn-Noranda where the Quebec man and boy stayed on Sept. 14, the night police issued the Amber Alert for the boy.

He is in his 40s with dark hair, a beard and blue eyes. He is 5-6" tall and weighs about 220 pounds.

Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact 911 or 1-800-659-4264.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/yvon-lacasse-amber-alert-gore-1.4300383

Attachments

• witness-amber-alert-rouyn-noranda.jpg
    witness-amber-alert-rouyn-noranda.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 203
Just sharing what I’ve been trying to piece together from Google maps, what we know so far about this man and the timeline of events:

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/09/15/la-cavale-dugo-fredette

All just MHO.
So… the day after their last therapy session, bossy and impulsive UF stabs his wife in their St Eustache home. (He is now accused of upremeditated murder).
Someone (who may or may not be him) calls 911 at around 5 :35.
By 7 :00, he has already : kidnapped his son, driven up to Lachute, assaulted a random elderly man, stolen his car and dumped him in Arundel.
(45 long minutes alone with his little boy, and then 45 long minutes with a wounded man in the car : 1.5 hours in the presence of vulnerable people, but the guy can’t manage to snap out of it !)
At 7 :30, an Amber Alert describing his car is issued. He’s on route 117, probably close to Mt Tremblant, driving a grey Honda CRV. I’m sure the radio is on : he hears the news as everyone in Quebec does. He also knows about the false Walmart sighting. I gather that he’s feeling some relief and starts to plan ahead.
He figures he needs to be as far as possible from the crime sceneS, so he drives North for 6 hours.
He rests for a few hours at a Confort Inn (paid for with his own credit card). Unable to sleep, he watches tv. At 4 :30 am, news breaks that his car has been found.
Having worked on cold cases as a filmmaker, he tries to think like a cop. Perhaps he realises his credit card blunder and understands it’s only a matter of time before investigators link him to a missing man in Lachute (if I’m not mistaken, you’re usually asked for your license plate number when checking in?). His initial plan may have been to cross to Ontario from RN, but he now needs to be as far away from RN as possible asap.
4.5 hours later, he is in Maniwaki. He is somehow hiding his son, but someone recognizes him. He notices the stare. He leaves.
Around noon, driving on route 41 towards Napanee, he hears the news : Maniwaki, grey Honda, License plate #... Police are closing in on him. Panick sets in again.
He drives for 4 hours as fast as he can within the speed limits. He has assaulted 2 people, traumatized his son, been driving for more than 10 hours, hasn’t slept, will soon be needing food and gas : he is increasingly agitated.
A truly heroic woman identifies his car and follows it. A police chase ensues at speeds of up to 150km/h. His ONLY focus is on not being caught alive, whatever the cost…
His car is stopped by spike belts. Does he come to his senses? No. He jumps out, makes a run for it, dragging his child. The police can’t shoot, but has no choice but to tase him.
He’s taken into custody.
After speaking to his lawyer, realizing there is no way out, he looses it, bangs his head against his cell sink – and is so out of control he needs to be anesthetized for the required medical examination.
This is some disturbing combination of impulsivity, self involvement, stubbornness and cold bloodedness IMO !
Sorry for the long post. Ugh ! No matter how hard I try, I can’t get how these people think!
MOO

OK now that the bearded guy is not an issue, why did he drive north? To kill himself and his kid?

Him grabbing and dragging his kid with him in front of the police is so disgusting and cowardly. He was trying to use LF as a human shield. He is a dangerous person and needs to be investigated r.e. the other cases he was obsessing over in his research for his documentaries. JMO

Fredette appeared in court today. No new charges but "not a race" to charge him.

Fredette arrived at the courthouse around 11 a.m., wearing a white T-shirt. He had small bruises on his right arm.

As part of the proceedings, Fredette was given a list of 11 people with whom he cannot communicate. They are people who are close to the victim or who could be witnesses in the case, said Jean-Pascal Boucher, spokesperson for the Quebec's Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions.

The proceedings lasted about two minutes. No new charges were laid.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ugo-fredette-court-appearance-1.4305242

OK now that the bearded guy is not an issue, why did he drive north? To kill himself and his kid?

Him grabbing and dragging his kid with him in front of the police is so disgusting and cowardly. He was trying to use LF as a human shield. He is a dangerous person and needs to be investigated r.e. the other cases he was obsessing over in his research for his documentaries. JMO

BBM: IMO, he originally intended to go over to Ontario that way, then realized the extent of the Amber Alert & that there would be no where “to run” if he continued that route and was spotted.

He may have thought he had time because he’d switched vehicles, and/or because of the Walmart “sighting”, but then heard/watched the news of his truck being found (IIRC, it was found around 3am, and was being reported just after 4am).

JMO, speculation, etc.

"Shoot me! Kill me!", yelled Fredette at the police officer aiming at him with a Taser gun. He was holding his 6 year old son by the neck with one hand and a stick with the other.
"He was very distressed and the child very terrified. His eyes were wide open."

(From another article: UF wanted to take his kid to Niagara Falls!)

Video footage of the police chase (article in French)

He's going for a "she made me do it" defense :eek: - poor guy "was abused psychologically — and at times physically" and "he reached his breaking point", but he "didn't intend to kill anyone"... by stabbing VB 17 times.

It also seems like Mr Lacasse was beaten to death for trying to rescue a distressed little boy.

This sounds like a stupid opening statement IMHO. It makes the guy look even more despicable.

Oct 19 2019
Quebec man found guilty of first degree murder in slaying of ex-wife, stranger
"A Quebec man was found guilty of first-degree murder Saturday in the stabbing death of his ex-wife and the fatal beating of an elderly motorist he carjacked while on the run from authorities.

Ugo Fredette was automatically sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole for 25 years after a jury returned two verdicts in the killings of Veronique Barbe, 41, and Yvon Lacasse, 71, on Sept. 14, 2017.

But as Fredette, 44, was found guilty of committing two premeditated murders, the eligibility for parole could be consecutive, extending parole inadmissibility to 50 years.

The case will return before Quebec Superior Court Justice Myriam Lachance next week."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back