CANADA Canada - Ying (Anita) Mui, 56, Markham Ontario, 9 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there any proofs of a connection between these ladies, or is it only speculations due to the fact that they are females, of Chinese origin, and about the same age?
Would you/your friend have made the same claims/speculations if they had been three blond, French-speaking women in their 50s?

I would. Wouldn't you?
And people are speculating. That's what we do here. They don't need to have proof of their speculations.

Last edited:
No, I see no connections between them in fact, and indeed no evidence of any similarity in the nature of their disappearances.

Poor Ying Zhang, an acupuncturist, was attacked at her clinic, which happened to be in Markham. Her alleged killer - from East Gwillimbury, far north of Markham - has been arrested. IMO, she was targetted for some personal reason, which was unlikely to have anything to do with real estate.

Police haven't uttered a word about lawyer Isabella Dan in well over a year. IMO, that means they have evidence that her disappearance was not of 'public interest'. IMO, it's very unlikely they suspect she was murdered, or it would have been in the news.

In this case, although Ying Mui happens to live in Markham, her brokerage is in Richmond Hill, and she shows listings all over. Police behaviour at this moment is revealing they suspect she may have been attacked while showing a listing.

Female real estate agents are particularly vulnerable to stranger attacks. There was a case last year in New Zealand I followed, the victim agent was Chinese, because the man who killed her was Chinese and she spoke his language.

There are actual murders and shootings of Asian men all over TO that are very likely to be linked because they belong to gangs. Somehow, that isn't of interest, just allegations of some type of middle-aged female gang.

JMO

[bbm]

what? where are these allegations??

And how unusual that they don't know for sure if she went there... It must be empty otherwise at least the owners/occupants would know if she had been there. I don't know any female real estate agents who go to empty properties in rural areas by themselves.

it still happens, despite the danger

I wonder if medical centre buildings have security cameras? Assuming LE have printed car. Did she drive her car there or someone else? I wonder if there was an office suite for rent or store for sale in the strip plaza she had listed?

Remember the DaSilva gal, funeral director who went missing from Brantford this past July. She was missing for five days and found in a First Nations cemetery. Could this be a similar reason? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitc...-missing-brantford-woodstock-search-1.7259379
I followed that case and commented on the now-deleted thread, that my interpretation of police statements and the complete police non-action, indicated that they didn't believe that person had been abducted or anything like that. The case wasn't investigated by homicide detectives, much less assigned to a homicide/major crimes unit. Plus that case was all about social media, friends/family talking to the media - whereas in this case, no one is talking to the media, as is normal for homicide investigations.

I saw from the link posted above, Mui has something like $50 million in current listings she's selling. She's responsible to all those owners to sell those listings (and will net something like $2.5 million if she sells them all for their asking prices). Plus all the clients who she is helping to buy. So unlike some other well-known missing/ murdered female realtors, she's no newbie.

JMO

^^agree completely. So many avenues of thought on this, but I’m sure my posts would be pulled even though they would be stated purely be from an informative discussion angle.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/peggy-chan-arrest-mortgage-fraud-markham-1.6962776
Seems to be an increase in this type of activity of late, and YRP has been uber busy this last week with other crimes!
I just don't see the connection. That woman didn't disappear or cause the disappearance of anyone.

Sure there is and always has been real estate fraud ("if you don't believe that, I have a few thousand acres of swampland in Florida to sell you"). There is potential for fraud/ scams/ schemes wherever there is money to be made: they all target particular people based on their circumstances: crypto scams target men looking to get rich quick, romance scams target the lovelorn on social media, there's grandparent scams, Nigerian Prince scams, timeshare scams, schemes to smuggle people illegally into desireable countries, multi-level marketing scams that target stay-at-home Moms, Christian and other religious cults, the whole illegal drug industry is a massive scam to enrich some people at the expense of others.

So what's the big deal that there are scams targetting rich Chinese immigrants looking to buy real estate? The weird thing would be if there weren't any.

But why do stories about this particular form of scam spark such dark 'it's all connected' theories?

To me, that's like linking to the case of Elizabeth Holmes (arrested for the Theranos blood testing scam), in a thread about the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman. Big pharma, you know...wink wink, nod, brush the side of my nose.

JMO

I don't know the answers, maybe it's as simple as the fake media's spin. Maybe they're the ones who like to "connect". In these cases I think it's because of the location of the scams. It. could be racism (although I don't personally think so), or the simple fact that this area was historically small town Ontario, filled with white generational Canadians,hockey, church and the weekend. (They were great towns at one time ). An ethnic group bought up land, built houses and dramatically changed the landscape. Old timers moved out and maybe the ones that didn't are angry at what the towns have become and are quick to label a reason or persons responsible?? Maybe they want to believe that these newcomers attract this type of "business". And maybe they do?
A smart person always tells me" follow the money", and they are correct. I don't know how people get roped into mortgage scams, (desperate I guess), but at the end of the day, the person who got duped wants his money back or the person responsible. So in all cases, we need to find a money trail and work backwards.
So LE was so hot to trot to get investigative teams out there for past two days and now nothing? Or are they not reporting? It's like the dead bodies turning up... we hear the announcement, then hear "waiting to notify next of kin" or next of kin notified" but public hears absolutely nothing more.
I understand FOI very well, but the public should have a closure!!! LOL
...... and just as a side note..... the Sherman murders also had an element of real estate involvement!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back