Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution is charging him with sexual assault because there's a victim who didn't want to be tied up or strangled with a rope by Joshua Boyle. I'm shocked to read that a broomstick was used in the assault, but relieved it wasn't used in the sexual assault. Joshua Boyle is perverse!

GG, The broomstick may well have been used in the assault, the charge was assault with a weapon. That doesn't exclude sexual assault, IMO

Seeing as he was found fit to stand trial, he needs to go to trial, IMO. Having a 60 day assessment at Brockville is a way of getting a lenient sentence due to psych problems, PTSD etc.. Its a way to gain the sympathy vote and have it professionally stamped by a shrink.

Everyone knows he needs to be 'under the care of a psychiatrist' but it shouldn't become a 'get out of jail free card'. He still should be held responsible for what he has done. IMO

We, Canadians, do not even know if they WERE held captive for certain. IMO we are being scammed, one way or another. IMO

What we do for terrorists, boggles the mind!! Trudeau will probably give him millions and the Order of Canada. bah!

I feel so, so bad for the kids. I feel bad for CC too. Its just, adults have an understanding "This is wrong". Kids are so innocent and lack that.... I feel so so bad for them. Can't stop imagining what went on in Afghanistan. Totally unfounded, but I picture him pretending he's a captor and assaulting her and the kids there too. Could really mess someone's mental state up. I hope she gets far away from him.

Anyone know if she was in the courtroom?
I too wondered who was really assaulting the children during their captivity. I would be bloodied on the ground if ANYONE threatened a child of mine! Why not I think her and the children were already in hell. Him? I think he was busy trying to be a Taliban rock star. *advertiser censored*.

UPDATE on the # of victims

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/0127-boyle?platform=hootsuite JAN 26, 2018

The charges against Boyle previously involved two alleged victims, but that has been reduced to one after the Crown dropped an assault charge involving a minor.

There is a publication ban on the name of the alleged victim, and none of the charges has been proved in court.

Boyle’s legal team says he is eager for the “full story” to be presented in court.

Seems he did go after one of the children!! .....'dropped an assault charge involving a minor.' IMO

I cannot post what Im thinking of this guy. IMO

http://torontofairytale.blogspot.ca/2007/06/less-than-24-hours-and-counting.html

"Through all the DIFFICULTY I've gone through to get to this point, all the drama, all the fights, all the backbreaking, handwrecking (well, or at least manicure wrecking) work, all the planning, all the pain, it has never once left my mind that Toronto is where I need to be. In a life that has been voided of every other certainty, that one remains. Everything's simpler in Toronto, right?"

This part in her blog entry, the day before she leaves for Toronto, has me wondering WHO all the fights and all the drama were with? her parents perhaps?

This blog post gives some insight into Josh's personality. She says the heat, apartment and him are stifling. She didn't plan on moving in with him. She was living with him temporarily while looking for her own apartment. Maybe she saw things then...

"On top of that, it's been stiflingly hot this week, up until today. And just plain stifling in the humble abode I'm sharing with Josh.

So I am at a net cafe. $1 is well worth it to have some solitude and peace. As much solitude as being 14 inches from the person at the next computer will bring you."

http://torontofairytale.blogspot.ca/2007/06/i-would-like-to-put-question-to-general.html?m=1

That’s after she cleaned???

I think so, because the post with his photo was posted 2 weeks after she posted about the cleaning.

She arrived in Canada, went to sleep exhausted, and started cleaning the very next morning when Josh was out. I don't think she took the photo before cleaning the place up.

Grace, thank you for this link.
I will repost it because IMO its an interesting interview.
https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-alex-pierson/lee-humphrey-spoke-with-joshua-boyle-in-afghanista

I am just listening to Lee Humphrey right now, I remember reading an article about a Cdn security consultant who told JB not to go into Afghanistan but I didn't realize they were already in Afghanistan when they met.

He states that he had no idea JB was married, it was never mentioned. IMO a red flag. He did not want to tell this guy he was traveling with his wife who was heavily pregnant.
His first impression of JB is that he was arrogant, JB was a devout muslim at the time of their meeting and he tried to convince JB not to go into Wardak province and other provinces, telling him he was crazy to go where they will kill or kidnap him regardless if he converted. But his warnings fell on deaf ears JB said he had faith and that Allah would look after him. Humphrey believed JB was a naive fool and was out of touch with reality about what was happening around him.

Going to listen to the rest.
I hope CSIS and/or the RCMP have interviewed Mr Humphrey not only after the pair were kidnapped but since their release. His experience and first impression of JB while in Afghanistan is just another piece to this Boyle adventure, IMO

Well, well, well..Humphrey's friends in Washington told him how and why the rescue went down and told him Trudeau and our Foreign Minister were left in the dark until about 2 hours into the rescue mission because of their previous actions to thwart rescue missions in the Philippines

This blog post gives some insight into Josh's personality. She says the heat, apartment and him are stifling. She didn't plan on moving in with him. She was living with him temporarily while looking for her own apartment. Maybe she saw things then...

"On top of that, it's been stiflingly hot this week, up until today. And just plain stifling in the humble abode I'm sharing with Josh.

So I am at a net cafe. $1 is well worth it to have some solitude and peace. As much solitude as being 14 inches from the person at the next computer will bring you."

http://torontofairytale.blogspot.ca/2007/06/i-would-like-to-put-question-to-general.html?m=1

I got the impression she was going to stay in Toronto permanently.
Not sure how she thought that was going to happen. She could only, legally, stay in Canada as a Visitor for up to 6 months.

Her blog reveals that she left her dead end, minimum wage job at a grocery store and moved to Toronto to try to live her dream of becoming a filmmaker. She couldn't find a room to rent and had to live with Josh who was only occasionally employed. Did they get married in S. America after conceiving their first child? I wonder if she felt she had to marry this loser because she was pregnant.

Her blog reveals that she left her dead end, minimum wage job at a grocery store and moved to Toronto to try to live her dream of becoming a filmmaker. She couldn't find a room to rent and had to live with Josh who was only occasionally employed. Did they get married in S. America after conceiving their first child? I wonder if she felt she had to marry this loser because she was pregnant.

They married in 2011 while on a trip to Costa Rica. She was pregnant with her first child in the summer of 2012.

Thanks again to Grace for posting the link of Lee Humphrey's interview. It's a must listen to one. IMO

https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-alex-pierson/lee-humphrey-spoke-with-joshua-boyle-in-afghanista

Security Consultant Lee Humphrey who spoke with JB in Afghanistan at an ex-pat bar in hopes of trying to convince him not to travel into Wardak province or any other dangerous area.
He gives his impression of JB at the time of this meeting and since then, that he did not know JB was married (JB never mentioned traveling with a woman, an who was his wife and heavily pregnant), his opinion on Justin Trudeau meeting with the Boyle family, the RCMP and Prime Ministers security detail and American intelligence agencies opinion of JB at the end.

Thanks again to Grace for posting the link of Lee Humphrey's interview. It's a must listen to one. IMO

Security Consultant Lee Humphrey who spoke with JB in Afghanistan at an ex-pat bar in hopes of trying to convince him not to travel into Wardak province or any other dangerous area.
He gives his impression of JB at the time of this meeting and since then, that he did not know JB was married (JB never mentioned traveling with a woman, an who was his wife and heavily pregnant), his opinion on Justin Trudeau meeting with the Boyle family, the RCMP and Prime Ministers security detail and American intelligence agencies opinion of JB at the end.
Forgot to mention the pregnant wife did he? She and her child just weren’t important enough. I hope she’s reading here.

Many apartments in TO are not air conditioned and are sweltering in the heat/humidity of summer. Most people use window a/c and fans. IMO
Not sure if an internet cafe would have a bit of a/c or fans perhaps? IMO

Her post indicates that they were not having a 'peaceful' time together IMO

After reading her blog, I get the impression that she is extremely naive. IMO

No skills but dreams of being a film maker. Has no desire to start at the bottom and work her way up (just as JB has no work ethics and unknown 'skills'). She comments that she can get a job editing but doesn't want to that, vehemently. IMO

What was she running from? Her parents homeschooled her and were very devout people. Maybe the sheltered life doesn't take account of peoples dreams and wishes, certainly didn't prepare her well for real life. Or so it seems. IMO

JB isn't employed, but does go to occasional job interviews. Were they living on welfare? Plenty of time to walk around Toronto taking photos and exploring. IMO

Come to your own conclusions but now we've seen the naive CC.

After reading her blog, I get the impression that she is extremely naive. IMO

No skills but dreams of being a film maker. Has no desire to start at the bottom and work her way up (just as JB has no work ethics and unknown 'skills'). She comments that she can get a job editing but doesn't want to that, vehemently. IMO

What was she running from? Her parents homeschooled her and were very devout people. Maybe the sheltered life doesn't take account of peoples dreams and wishes, certainly didn't prepare her well for real life. Or so it seems. IMO

JB isn't employed, but does go to occasional job interviews. Were they living on welfare? Plenty of time to walk around Toronto taking photos and exploring. IMO

Come to your own conclusions but now we've seen the naive CC.

Yes, she was naive. She had also never traveled outside the USA (was worried Canadian customs agents were going to cause her issues over her clothing, a Bible, camera equipment, and books).

She worked at a number of minimum wage jobs and stated it was very difficult to save enough money for her plane ticket. Josh apparently didn't contribute money for her ticket.

Her blog mentions several times that issues occurred among her friends and her job at Quizno's "blew up". IMO, she was running away from the small town drama and boredom of Stewartstown, PA (population 2000 and 60 miles from any large city). In Stewartstown, PA there was no path for her to work her way up into filmmaking or any other career for that matter. IMO, Josh capitalized on Caitlan's naiveness and desire to become a filmmaker to entice her to travel into Afghanistan to help him fulfill his perverted desire to become a Taliban jihadist. (A pregnant wife would allegedly keep him safe according to Islamic rules.)

Your welcome! Here is another one for you.

https://www.therebel.media/trump_kept_trudeau_in_the_dark_on_plan_to_rescue_joshua_boyle

Forgot to mention the pregnant wife did he? She and her child just weren’t important enough. I hope she’s reading here.

She seems internet savy, i.e. meeting JB online, blogging, asking her neighbours for free internet. So I have no doubt she is reading about herself online.

Thanks!

I hope CC hears about Lee Humphrey's meeting with JB at that ex-pat bar, actually I hope they meet in person so he can tell her about his experience with JB and his attempts to dissuade JB and for not even mentioning a wife, a wife who was pregnant.
The irony of JB the devout Muslim hanging out in a bar..

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member