Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a very premature birth.

Very premature is a miscarriage. Medical technology can keep a fetus alive outside the womb after twenty four weeks, but minus the incubator and medical intervention, it is a miscarriage.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ecently-freed-hostage-rushed-to-hospital.html
Caitlan Coleman, recently freed hostage, rushed to hospital

Her Canadian husband Joshua Boyle did not specify the reason for his wife’s hospitalization.
SMITHS FALLS, ONT.—Joshua Boyle, a Canadian who was rescued with his family last week by Pakistani troops, said Tuesday that his wife had to be rushed to the hospital and remains there.

Boyle told The Associated Press in an email that his wife, Caitlan Coleman, was admitted Monday. His email did not specify why she was taken to the hospital.
“My first concern has to be the health of my wife and children,” Boyle wrote.

And I find it unconscionable that he put his wife in that danger by repeatedly getting her pregnant in a very unsafe environment. To say nothing of the danger that he put the children born from that.

And she wasn't converting? This is an American woman. I know that controlling and manipulative men can get women to act against their best interests, but this is extreme. She went along with him.
I haven't read any articles describing when or if Caitlan converted to Islam. It is assumed that she converted because her husband is overbearing and she was wearing a head scarf upon her return to Canada.

OK, You are probably correct. But even giving birth 3 times and having a miscarriage will be very damaging to her health, under those brutal circumstances.

I believe the kidnappers too. Pretty revealing when someone's veracity is compared to the Taliban, and it comes up short...:doh:

You know how it is - women have all sorts of vitamin and mineral reserves that are depleted with each birth. Isn't it healthiest for a woman to wait three years between births? Clearly this didn't matter to Boyle because he seemed to want to keep her pregnant with four pregnancies in five years. Did he think that he was safer if she was pregnant? I'm sure that her mental health is far worse than her physical health, as it seems abundantly clear to me that she and the children were pawns in his survival.

He looks awfully well fed in the photos for someone who was a starving prisoner for five years. He's got a gut on him.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/c9...083262431-AP-Afghanistan-Couple-Rescued.1.jpg

And she wasn't converting? This is an American woman. I know that controlling and manipulative men can get women to act against their best interests, but this is extreme. She went along with him.

He probably sold her some story about saving the world.

You know how it is - women have all sorts of vitamin and mineral reserves that are depleted with each birth. Isn't it healthiest for a woman to wait three years between births? Clearly this didn't matter to Boyle because he seemed to want to keep her pregnant with four pregnancies in five years. Did he think that he was safer if she was pregnant? I'm sure that her mental health is far worse than her physical health, as it seems abundantly clear to me that she and the children were pawns in his survival.

He looks awfully well fed in the photos for someone who was a starving prisoner for five years. He's got a gut on him.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/c9...083262431-AP-Afghanistan-Couple-Rescued.1.jpg
He weighed well over 300 pounds before he was taken prisoner.

I'm sorry, but there is something seriously wrong with this guy and this whole story. IMO.

I'm hoping Cait will speak out on her own.

And I find it unconscionable that he put his wife in that danger by repeatedly getting her pregnant in a very unsafe environment. To say nothing of the danger that he put the children born from that.

Exactly. If he cared about her he would never have taken her to that part of the world, and after she gave birth in that environment he should have had some self control and cared for her and their child rather than get her pregnant three more times in such a short time.

Perhaps her mental health is in question and she needed to get away from him and have someone care for her for a change.

Perhaps she is nearly catatonic from Acute Stress Reaction and Major Depression and needs intense inpatient psychiatric treatment for several weeks.

He weighed well over 300 pounds before he was taken prisoner.

Men who are kept captive are skin and bones after a couple of years. He still looks fat after being captive for five years. I don't believe his claims about food and accommodations while they were there.

Interesting article.
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/10/17/who-are-joshua-boyle-and-caitlin-coleman
Who are Joshua Boyle and Caitlin Coleman?

by Tarek Fatah,

Many in the media are painting a picture of Joshua Boyle and his American wife, Caitlin Coleman, as victims who suffered years of torment at the hands of their Taliban captors. But there are elements in their story which beg further questioning.

One problem is that non-Muslim journalists today are so scared of being labelled racist, that obvious questions arising from Boyle’s account of his and his family’s captivity aren’t being asked.
Two things struck me from the first days of television coverage of the reported rescue of the family by the Pakistan army, after being asked by the Americans to do so.

The first was the rapid modification in Boyle’s appearance. He quickly changed from an Afghan or Pashtun appearance to one with a shaved moustache, but with a clipped beard, often a trademark of a political Islamist’s Salafi or Wahhabi bent of mind.

(To be fair, orthodox but non-political clerics of Islam can also sport the same facial hair.)

Next it was what seemed to me to be Boyle’s change in accent, depending on his audience. When he first spoke in Pakistan, it was a mix of Arabic-Pakistani English.
However, when speaking to the western media, Boyle shifted to a more American pronunciation and in Canada, to a familiar Canadian nuance

When Armiston gently asked Boyle why he wanted to go to Afghanistan with a pregnant wife, he portrayed his decision not as an error of judgment, but as an act of sacrifice, to do “things that nobody else is doing, so I think I have to do it.”

What things? He didn’t elaborate.

Coleman, at least in the media, has demonstrated a characteristic we would expect of a Muslim woman living under Taliban rule. She has let her husband do the talking for her, although she did change out of her black burqa into a stylized Egyptian hijab.
“It is an open secret in Kabul that the US-Canadian couple and their family that was recently rescued had been kept in Waziristan for some time, in the exact same part of Pakistan where the Pakistan army only recently declared Mission Accomplished in its Zarb-e-Azb operation and sent all the bad and unwanted terrorists to Afghanistan ... So when they were released as a result of a well-planned, well-executed surgical operation in which only four tyres of a vehicle were punctured, we all laughed.”

He probably sold her some story about saving the world.
IMO, he wanted to support and live among the "political organization known as the Taliban", so he took his pregnant wife to Afghanistan knowing she'd refuse to leave Canada once her baby was born.

Perhaps she is nearly catatonic from Acute Stress Reaction and Major Depression and needs intense inpatient psychiatric treatment for several weeks.

That would not surprise me. She would have felt helpless and without a voice all this time and I doubt she had a say over how the children were treated, which would be crushing. The children need to be taken to hospital too. Boyle seems to be fine - ranting and venting and lying for the media, pursuing some personal agenda.

Exactly. If he cared about her he would never have taken her to that part of the world, and after she gave birth in that environment he should have had some self control and cared for her and their child rather than get her pregnant three more times in such a short time.

I am not letting her off the hook. She knew how she got pregnant. There are other ways to have sexual activity without it leading to pregnancy. She also knew that she was bringing children into a dangerous world, if she got pregnant.

IMO, he wanted to support and live among the "political organization known as the Taliban", so he took his pregnant wife to Afghanistan knowing she'd refuse to leave Canada once her baby was born.

There's something very wrong with this picture, but we have to wait for Boyle's wife to heal to hear the truth.

I am not letting her off the hook. She knew how she got pregnant. There are other ways to have sexual activity without it leading to pregnancy. She also knew that she was bringing children into a dangerous world, if she got pregnant.

Are we to believe that his US born wife felt sexy, attractive, and seductive in a dark space that was so small they couldn't even lay down to sleep? As prisoners, are we to believe they had privacy? I see this as a Canadian convert to his idea of Islam who believes that his wife is his property.

IMO, the middle child, who Josh stated currently cried and screamed in terror for 8 hours/day, will also soon be hospitalized with the absence of his mother.

When Josh stated he was a "harmless hippie", I wanted to drive to Canada to point out the non-harmless effects his terrorist sympathizing inflicted upon his wife and kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member