Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Caitlan wanted the world to know that she was hospitalized. Josh shouldn't have announced this to the press, but he'll make it another interesting chapter in his upcoming book. :mad:

“My first concern has to be the health of my wife and children,” Boyle wrote.

So "concern for Caitlan's health" is why Josh violated her right to privacy and emailed the press and informing the world that she'd been hospitalized, eh? :mad:

I think that she is as barmy as he is. And was before all this happened. She went there with him. Really, what American woman would go to Afghanistan, at any point in her life and feel safe, let alone being pregnant?

Men who are kept captive are skin and bones after a couple of years. He still looks fat after being captive for five years. I don't believe his claims about food and accommodations while they were there.

Here are before and after pictures, I have no doubt they both have suffered greatly for the past 5 years (not defending his bizarre behaviour, just saying conditions could not have been great).

j&c before.jpg j&c after.jpg

Source for photos:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/caitlan-connemara-coleman

https://globalnews.ca/news/1374898/canadian-held-in-afghanistan-who-is-joshua-boyle/

I think that right now he is probably one of our most dangerous citizens. We are 100% too 'laisser faire' in Canada to the point of being ridiculous. (His ex-brother-in-law was just given $10.5 millions from our government http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/omar-khadr-settlement-1.4194142)

The late night news confirmed that she is hospitalized (unknown reason) and he is staying with her and the children. No escaping there.

Nothing seems to make sense in that story and we certainly will never know. The US would have grilled him good.... no wonder he insisted to come to Canada.

Completely as an aside, did you notice the children had haircuts and she seems to be wearing lipstick (on the captivity photo) - If I was holding people hostage, I am sure they would not be getting haircut.... I would give them an elastic (or a string) to hold their hair back. They all look well fed another BIG red flag.

I think that right now he is probably one of our most dangerous citizens. We are 100% too 'laisser faire' in Canada to the point of being ridiculous. (His ex-brother-in-law was just given $10.5 millions from our government http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/omar-khadr-settlement-1.4194142)

The late night news confirmed that she is hospitalized (unknown reason) and he is staying with her and the children. No escaping there.

Nothing seems to make sense in that story and we certainly will never know. The US would have grilled him good.... no wonder he insisted to come to Canada.

Completely as an aside, did you notice the children had haircuts and she seems to be wearing lipstick (on the captivity photo) - If I was holding people hostage, I am sure they would not be getting haircut.... I would give them an elastic (or a string) to hold their hair back..

She probably got the lipstick in one of her care packages...

I think that she is as barmy as he is. And was before all this happened. She went there with him. Really, what American woman would go to Afghanistan, at any point in her life and feel safe, let alone being pregnant?
Read about Caitlan's early life. She was a home schooled, naive, young woman from a very small town. IMO, she fell into the lair of a manipulative poser. (Josh's good friends even described him as being able to manipulate other video gamers into doing what he wanted.)

Read about Caitlan's early life. She was a home schooled, naive, young woman from a very small town. IMO, she fell into the lair of a manipulative poser. (Josh's good friends even described him as being able to manipulate other video gamers into doing what he wanted.)

Aaaghhh! The home schooling thing is always a part of it, isn't it? I bet that there was more God than education in her home schooling.

Is he Muslim? She apparently willingly went with him there, when she was pregnant.
BBM

Yes, he mentioned being Muslim in an interview shortly after their rescue and having the difficulty of teaching his children that their captors were bad people and weren’t really Muslim. Not that kids that age would understand that.

Define “willingly.” :) Just somewhat kidding. I’m sure he was extremely persuasive in a mind-control kind of way. If he was determined to go to Afghanistan on the spur of the moment, I’m not sure what else she could do except follow him...or leave him and contact the American Embassy wherever they were, which might have been far away. Or call her parents, and ask for help...not easy to do. Likely she was dependent on his $. And I expect she worshipped the ground he walked on and had total confidence in him. So I question her ability to make a fully rational and willing decision to go to Afghanistan while pregnant. But she did go with him, so there was a certain degree of willingness, regardless of the pressure and lack of alternatives she may have felt. Also, idealism often overrides common sense.
JMO

People keep talking about her like she is a little dim. Is she? I don't know how dim you would have to be to go to one of the most dangerous places on earth because your husband thought that he was going to save them. Delusions of grandeur.And she went with him and had three more children with him after he claims the first one was killed. Why would you keep having more children that could be killed?

People keep talking about her like she is a little dim. Is she? I don't know how dim you would have to be to go to one of the most dangerous places on earth because your husband thought that he was going to save them. Delusions of grandeur.And she went with him and had three more children with him after he claims the first one was killed. Why would you keep having more children that could be killed?

Allah’s Apostle (Pbuh) said, ” If a husband calls his wife to his bed (i.e. to have sexual relations) and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 4 Hadith No. 460 & Sahih Muslim Vol. 2 Hadith No. 3368)

The Messenger of Allah (swt) said: By him in whose hand is my life, when a man calls his wife to his bed, and she does not respond, the One Who is in the heaven is displeased with her untill he (her husband) is pleased with her. (Sahih Muslim Vol. 2 Hadith No. 3367)

Allah’s Messenger (Pbuh) said, ” When a man calls his wife to satisfy his desire she must go to him even if she is occupied at the oven.” (Al Tirmidhi Hadith No. 1160 & Ibn Ma’jah Hadith No. 4165)

From all the above mentioned Ahadith, it is Wajib upon the wife to fulfill the desire of her husband whenever he wishes. If the relationship between the husband and the wife is truly based on Islamic principles, in which both of them treat each other with love, affection, kindness, fulfilling all Islamic desires and settling all matters with mutual agreement and understanding, the question of the wife refusing the sexual desire of the husband does not arise.
https://islamtheultimatejourney.wordpress.com/queries-on-islam-by-dr-zakir-naik/does-a-wife-have-the-right-to-refuse-sex-with-her-husband/

People keep talking about her like she is a little dim. Is she? I don't know how dim you would have to be to one of the most dangerous places on earth because your husband thought that he was going to save them. Delusions of grandeur.And she went with him and had three more children with him after he claims the first one was killed. Why would you keep having more children that could be killed?

I expect she is/was naive, inexperienced, idealistic, and in love which can “dim” whatever intelligence one has. As my confirmed bachelor bil says “When the heart fills, the head empties.” I believe he manipulated and molded her to meet his own needs. I really don’t believe she had a real choice about having more children. He may have had her convinced that it was her duty to “comfort” him and have babies. JB doesn’t seem like someone who would be persuaded to consider his wife’s needs, even if she tried. And I doubt she could get help from their captors if she didn’t want to have sex.

We can’t really judge what she did or didn’t do on the same basis as we would a strong, confident, mature woman. And actually, there are plenty of strong, confident, mature women who have found themselves under the control of an abuser without knowing how it happened. I hold JB fully responsible for this entire catastrophe.
JMO

Here are before and after pictures, I have no doubt they both have suffered greatly for the past 5 years (not defending his bizarre behaviour, just saying conditions could not have been great).

View attachment 124914 View attachment 124915

Source for photos:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/caitlan-connemara-coleman

https://globalnews.ca/news/1374898/canadian-held-in-afghanistan-who-is-joshua-boyle/

OH, thanks for the early pictures. NOW I get it. He wanted to lose some weight on the 'Tali-BAN Diet.' It worked.

Caitlan Coleman, recently freed hostage, rushed to hospital Tues Oct 17, 2017

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada... be rushed to the hospital and remains there.

Joshua Boyle stated in one article that the youngest son (the middle child) currently screams in terror or cries for 1/3 of the day. Eight hours/day of a psychologically-damaged child screaming in terror and he can't be comforted or "fixed" (in the immediate future).

Thank god they made the wise decision to start their family while in captivity. /s

I am not letting her off the hook. She knew how she got pregnant. There are other ways to have sexual activity without it leading to pregnancy. She also knew that she was bringing children into a dangerous world, if she got pregnant.

Marital rape is a thing. And in this siuation I would not be surprised if thats the case.

For years before they dated she was in love with him and he turned her down. Once they got together she was probably elated that he finally took interest in her. They were married very soon once they started dating IIRC. By accounts ive seen from those who know her, she can be naive. He is a narcissistic manipulator. Read the chat logs his friends posted early in the thread. It’s truly not hard to believe that he manipulated her into going. Also, FWIW their journey didn’t start in Afghanistan. It was a decision they (he) made while traveling in other countries. Their families didn’t even know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy