Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking my spot.
Not sure I want to follow this thread as I think Boyle is incredibly selfish.
Hard to stay unbiased.

"... Oh, hey -- Let's go take a hike in an unstable area of the world...even though my wife is expecting...." (paraphrased by me)
I have NO IDEA what this man is thinking ; and I cannot compare him to my own husband ; who was very caring --but not controlling-- while I was expecting both my first and second child.
Like comparing apples to oranges.

My own opinion is that he could have had a bit more thought towards his wife.

I'd have died if I was a captive in Afghanistan ---- during the birth of my second (& last) baby, as there were complications and had to go through an unexpected C-section. There'd be no baby and no wife--- as we'd both probably have perished.

No wonder her father has spoken against his son-in-law.
Those poor in-laws have already been through enough while the family was in captivity... and now, who knows if they're able to visit her alone ? Without Boyle being there or listening in ?
:moo:

"Former hostage Joshua Boyle says he and his wife decided to have children in captivity because they always planned to have a big family and decided, “Hey, let’s make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family.”

I find it very interesting that Boyle was so sure they'd be going home.

Something is not right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSBM

It certainly IS strange.
Not to mention... others who have been captive have lost their heads.
But Boyle managed to keep his... and also had time to have more children.
Is it his kids , and not the result of the attacks on her ?

My own spouse would have died in that situation --he'd fight to protect me and die for it !
I'd probably die fighting back--- almost rather be deceased than have those memories of horror.

Not blaming them if they complied out of fear and terror. But it seems like Boyle's not telling the whole truth. Imo.

The couple had what, a total of four kids - one died - correct?

I wonder if Boyle made any "promises" to the wrong people about having children as part of the cause.

My two cents, the wife and children are victims here. The husband? He's something else altogether.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If my husband and I were being held captive by a violent group like that, I would be terrified to keep having children. How did they know the captors weren't going to kill them and keep their babies as slaves and rape and torture them or sell them etc?

If my husband and I were being held captive by a violent group like that, I would be terrified to keep having children. How did they know the captors weren't going to kill them and keep their babies as slaves and rape and torture them or sell them etc?

or beat them or starve them or freeze them.

Let alone how the mother would fare through pregnancy and childbirth in those conditions.

Sorry, can't give the decision to purposefully having children in captivity "the benefit of the doubt." It was reckless, and I can't give a pass on being reckless with the lives of others. (If they were forced into pregnancies, I do give a pass, of course.)

jmopinion

Exactly. Which also makes me wonder if they were really living in a dirt hole.

I’ve never given birth but I can’t imagine giving birth in a dirty cell with probably very little medical attention. Let alone doing it 4 times (first time he said they killed the baby)

I’ve never given birth but I can’t imagine giving birth in a dirty cell with probably very little medical attention. Let alone doing it 4 times (first time he said they killed the baby)

If they killed their first one, why would they try and get pregnant again? I do everything to avoid it if they slaughtered my first born.

SABBM

If true.. that's very sad.
It'd make me NOT to want to have any more babies while being held a prisoner !!

Here's a thought..... what if the oldest child isn't dead.. but is a prisoner ?
Imagine the leverage their captors will have ! Even though the family is free now.
:moo:

If they killed their first one, why would they try and get pregnant again? I do everything to avoid it if they slaughtered my first born.

Right. The story doesn’t make sense. I’ve read they made her have an abortion (I am not sure about how that happens at 7 months and I have a weak stomach so I am not going to try to research), that she had a miscarriage, and that they killed the baby.

There is zero excuse to start a family while in captivity in Afghanistan. I can completely understand the need for intimacy and comfort in such a situation. However you can be intimate without procreating (I’m trying to be PG13).

I can’t help but wonder if it was the Taliban raping her, or someone else. JMO

I know it’s a joke that Canadians are super nice and always saying sorry. But can any Canadians weigh in - what is likely to be your governments approach to this? Is he going to be someone they are going to keep a close eye on, or are they just happy he’s home and safe? He had sketchy connections before all of this, is it likely his actions will be monitored to see if he contacts any of those connections?

I hope his parents can at least talk some
Sense into Caitlan, if not their own son. She needs to come home with the kids and be with her parents.

Boyle really really concerns me. Not just in terms of Caitlan and the kids, but in terms of national security.

I found it really disturbing that he said they had children because "her clock was ticking." His wife is 32, and I believe their oldest is 4. I tried to be open minded about life in captivity and the possibility that they might have had sex for comfort, or even boredom, etc. But to speak of your late 20s early 30s wife in that way seems sort of misogynistic and creepy to me. I can't put my finger on it but it's just one more point in the pattern of his seeming like a controlling and dominant.

I don't doubt they were actually in captivity though- they all look unnaturally pale, like they haven't been in the sunlight in a long time.

Well our last baby was born when I was 38. And there have been ladies who have had children beyond that age... so for her to have any more children even now wouldn't be unusual.

For him to make that statement is somewhat .... insulting.
Imo.

Has anyone seen any articles with interviews or quotes from his parents or family? Are they mortified at his public statements and general behavior, or do they accept it? Sorry but I can not imagine my parents being ok with all of this if (god forbid) I was him and acting the way he is right now.

I was watching the local news a few days ago and hIs parents were interviewed after the news of their release broke and his mom had said that they would be seeing the family
soon, which then I took to mean they were flying the family to Canada. This was before the news broke that Joshua didn't want to be flown to the US.

I have not seen news reports of his parents speaking recently, after the family arrived in Smiths Falls, but then again I was working late shifts and didn't watch the news.

I have seen an article that her father is very upset with his son in law.

Parents of freed Afghanistan hostage angry at son-in-law
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/st...stages-Afghanistan-boyle/stories/201710130138

Well our last baby was born when I was 38. And there have been ladies who have had children beyond that age... so for her to have any more children even now wouldn't be unusual.

For him to make that statement is somewhat .... insulting.
Imo.

Yes, it is insulting, I agree.

His public comments about her seem to be about her rape and about her biological clock. Has he mentioned remorse over putting her in that situation, gratitude at her strength, admiration of her parenting in dire circumstances, tenderness at her providing comfort to him....anything other than her reproductive and sexual capacity?

jmopinion

These kids are going to need decades of multiple therapies. (They were in a fear state situation worse than Romanian orphanage kids and they were nutritionally deprived.) Joshua Boyle needs to drop the Taliban robe and his fake Afghani accent, put on a Maple Leafs jersey, and begin begging for his kids to be moved to the front of long lines of Canada's socialized medical system. He could also send his kids to Pennsylvania (Caitlan's home) where they'd immediately start getting treatment.

We don't know that it was the 1st child unless someone can link an MSM article. I have assumed the oldest boy is the one from the original pregnancy given her due date and stated age of that child...

Taliban captors are denying that they killed the baby. Have we ever heard the Taliban publicly deny such claims??? this story just keeps getting more and more perplexing.
Also, can someone take a look at the photo in the article I linked...it looks like Joshua has grabbed his child by the back of his neck or collar, maybe he is trying to get them away away from the cameras?????

Taliban denies Canadian’s claim its fighters raped his wife and killed his baby
http://nationalpost.com/news/taliban-says-freed-hostages-allegations-of-rape-and-murder-are-false

I know it’s a joke that Canadians are super nice and always saying sorry. But can any Canadians weigh in - what is likely to be your governments approach to this? Is he going to be someone they are going to keep a close eye on, or are they just happy he’s home and safe? He had sketchy connections before all of this, is it likely his actions will be monitored to see if he contacts any of those connections?

I hope his parents can at least talk some
Sense into Caitlan, if not their own son. She needs to come home with the kids and be with her parents.

Boyle really really concerns me. Not just in terms of Caitlan and the kids, but in terms of national security.

Im with you here. And Im with her father who already made public statements which I saw in the news. Sorry I dont have link handy.

Her father was basically chastising him for taking his pregnant daughter to such a dangerous place.

If I was the father I would seriously consider an intervention along the lines of almost forcing her to come home with me when the husband was not around. Get a divorce from him and bring the kids home with them.

I have to wonder if she is brainwashed to be with this guy after what they have been through. The moment I touched foot back on safe land I would seriously consider leaving the fool.

It would be one thing if it was an honest mistake but it really sounds like this guy has no wits about him to do what he did. And then to say the things he said about having kids over there while in captivity I just dont get it.

I have a feeling there is more to the story that we may never know about. But I know enough to not want my daughter being with this fool. Causing an international incident and having in laws worried sick whether they would be killed.

Something stinks in Denmark and the odor is coming from the male part of that relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE