Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I missed this. I followed this case early on and I'm shocked they've been released.

I can't help but feel a little funny about all of this though. Having kids in captivity? If it was that awful, who on Earth would want to bring a child into that? That would be awful for a child to *only* know such an awful environment. But I still don't understand the reasoning behind backpacking with your pregnant wife either so...

I'll just say that I hope someone is keeping a close eye on JB for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the children's names interesting as well.

Regarding them having children in captivity, IMO based on his statement quoted above, they actively tried and planned for a family. There are ways to be intimate that do not result in pregnancy. It is beyond selfish and negligent to not do every single thing in your power to ensure you do not bring children into the world under those conditions. How was he so sure they were eventually going to be released unharmed? Who was to say the guards weren't planning on killing the parents and doing something nefarious with the children?

Those poor children are going to have a long road ahead of them, especially the older two.

I also found it strange they way he described the raping of his wife - that it was retaliation against him. The rapes very well could have been retaliation and punishment of the husband, I get that. But his words didn't show compassion to his wife, imo. It was all. about. him.

I get the vibe that he was trying to create the reaction of "hey, man, you're so edgy - you got kidnapped and had kids in captivity - that's intense. And thumbed your nose at the USA, wow, cool. What's next?"

My hope is that his wife is truly okay.

jmopinion

I found the children's names interesting as well.

Regarding them having children in captivity, IMO based on his statement quoted above, they actively tried and planned for a family. There are ways to be intimate that do not result in pregnancy. It is beyond selfish and negligent to not do every single thing in your power to ensure you do not bring children into the world under those conditions. How was he so sure they were eventually going to be released unharmed? Who was to say the guards weren't planning on killing the parents and doing something nefarious with the children?

Those poor children are going to have a long road ahead of them, especially the older two.

Right, good point. I forgot about them planning the family and actively trying. That is weird.

I'm glad she didn't end up pregnant from the rape. I'll withhold judgment on their choices while in captivity since I don't know what that experience is like. I have read that captivity becomes your new normal and you do/say things you otherwise wouldn't. Boyle may not be likable but I'm going to suspend disbelief until I have more details.

Hi all.
I haven't read the whole thread on this forum yet, but I have been following the case locally in eastern Ontario. My hinky meter was up almost immediately, but I decided to give him the benefit of my doubt and wait and see how the story would unfold. Well it seems to be getting more bizarre every time I read a statement he has given.

Thank you to all who have posted previously, I will be going back to read your posts.

so this is where we come if we feel a little weirded out/skeptical/hinky/fearful of this story? So glad I found you!

I am so weirded out. The timing is just odd IMO on to of everything else.

I am wondering what it all means - like, if this whole story and the past 5 years have not been as reported, then what? What could it have really been? What was really going on? I am curious about theories but want to stay within TOS and respect the victims in this matter. But I am honestly curious about the alternative scenarios.

And this may have been discussed but it is known that all 3 children are dad's bio-children? i.e., none as the result of a "rape"?

If you are talking about the second thumbnail with the parents and their kids, that is a video from when they were in captivity.

That is not what I’m referring to. This article elaborates a bit more and is concerning to me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-coleman-joshua-boyle-hostage-kids-captivity/

Earlier, on a flight from London, Coleman, who is from Stewartstown, Pennsylvania, sat in the business-class cabin wearing a tan headscarf.

She nodded wordlessly as she confirmed her identity to an AP reporter on board. Next to her were her two elder children. In the seat beyond that was Boyle, with their youngest in his lap. U.S. State Department officials accompanied them.

Boyle provided a separate, handwritten statement then expressing disagreement with U.S. foreign policy.

Above discusses her wearing a head scarf on the flight from London to Canada. Idk, I would think she’d want to rip it off her head considering what she’s been thru. However it continues on to say she nods wordlessly, which makes me think she is brainwashed by not only her captors, but also her husband (is he a captor too? Perhaps)

Why on earth is he emailing pics of his little kids to the media?? Haven’t these kids been thru enough? dad of the year if you ask me 🙄

Another thing I noticed, which is prob just me being to analytical, is how he says “God willing” like every other sentence.

JMO

He’s made it very clear that he wants nothing to do with the US, but I hope security measures are in place to ensure he does not enter the country. He makes me very uncomfortable.

I’m very glad they’re free, but...Have we heard from Caitlin yet? When she does speak will she speak her own thoughts or Boyle’s? Four babies in five years would be hard on a woman even with good medical care. I don’t understand taking your wife into any part of Afghanistan pregnant, let alone bringing more babies into a terrible life in captivity and possible torture and death. I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around Mr Boyle’s agenda. I just don’t see an idealistic desire to help poor villagers or an innocent interest in beautiful Afghan scenery. Call me judgemental, but what I see is selfishness and possibly a form of spousal control and abuse. I’ll be very happy to be wrong. JMO

I feel the same.

Came to check if WS had a thread on this. Glad you didn't let me down!

Add me to the skeptical chorus. What gets me isn't that Coleman is wearing a hijab, it is that she's been pictured wearing one since her release even though previous pictures suggest she didn't wear one just before the time she was captured. Which means this isn't a case of a woman converting to Islam and then being kidnapped, but a woman who seems to have adopted a practice under the extreme duress of her captivity.

The fact that there are indications Boyle may have at some point converted to Islam isn't in itself necessarily a problem. Maybe he was a liberal guy whose anger at War on Terror policies led to an interest in the Muslim faith and, ultimately, to convert, give his kids Arabic names, etc. Even the first marriage might be a case of being wrapped up in sympathy for a woman and family be believed had been wrongly maligned.

But so much of what we've seen since has been troubling:

1. The fact that Coleman doesn't speak at all.

2. The fact that Boyle is speaking so much and so openly about intensely intimate issues. Why does he need to tell the world his wife was raped?

3. The note to the press about his opposition to US policy. After 5 years as a captive of Islamic Extremists, is that really what you want to focus on?

4. Arabic names, fine. But he's referring to the daughter that was supposedly killed as "Martyr Boyle." Sure, lots of religions have concepts of martyrdom. But naming your deceased child that takes it to another level. Frankly, its kooky.

5. The explanation for having three kids in captivity. The most charitable explanation is that he's mind-bogglingly stupid. It isn't like they were serving a fixed term sentence. How did they know they were ever getting out? Not only were they bringing kids into a world of potentially endless horror, they were risking Coleman, who would be giving birth repeatedly without proper medical care.

I don't know what the truth of it all is. All I know is I don't believe a word out of that guy's mouth.

The entire case has my hinky meter up, too. I don't believe anything Boyle says - and backpacking? In Afghanistan? Who goes backpacking in Afghanistan?

Any MSM sources which state he is a convert to Islam?

That language he used in his little press conference was very strange, very manifesto-ish, I guess. Elevated language, sort of martyr language, trying to make himself seem important.

Definitely weird. It's kind of reminding me of Season 1 of Homeland.

I think it's also interesting the names given to the children, which seem a little Middle Eastern? Definitely not Westernized names. Considering all they say they went through during their captivity, I find it odd they would name their children such names like Najaeshi, Ma'idah, and Dhakwoen.

I'm not completely surprised they would have children in captivity, in general. They probably didn't have a lot of access to birth control or condoms, and probably connected in a physical manner. Hopefully that's not too TMI.

I am not so hung up on that fact that she got pregnant because I feel she and her husband would seek comfort from each other. I am giving them the benefit of my doubt here.

It's Boyle's story they decided to start a family and be ahead of the game for when they returned home, that they always wanted a big family and that it came across to me that he was confident they would return home. This got my hinky meter up today.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...wife-had-kids-in-taliban-captivity.htmlFormer Canadian hostage Joshua Boyle said Monday he and his wife decided to have children even while held captive because they always planned to have a big family and decided, “Hey, let’s make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family.”

"Former hostage Joshua Boyle says he and his wife decided to have children in captivity because they always planned to have a big family and decided, “Hey, let’s make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family.”

I find it very interesting that Boyle was so sure they'd be going home.

Something is not right here.

I am not so hung up on that fact that she got pregnant because I feel she and her husband would seek comfort from each other. I am giving them the benefit of my doubt here.

It's Boyle's story they decided to start a family and be ahead of the game for when they returned home, that they always wanted a big family and that it came across to me that he was confident they would return home. This got my hinky meter up today.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...wife-had-kids-in-taliban-captivity.htmlFormer Canadian hostage Joshua Boyle said Monday he and his wife decided to have children even while held captive because they always planned to have a big family and decided, “Hey, let’s make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family.”

Let’s make the best of it and bring 3 children into the world who will end up traumatized, bc I mean, caits clock is tickin. She’s 31, she no spring chicken anymore. Plus, pregnancy and childbirth will be a breeze for her in this nice little dirt hole we got here. /s

Again, there are ways to be intimate that do not result in bringing innocent children into such a terrible situation that they never asked to be in. The parents should be ashamed of themselves.

"Former hostage Joshua Boyle says he and his wife decided to have children in captivity because they always planned to have a big family and decided, “Hey, let’s make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family.”

I find it very interesting that Boyle was so sure they'd be going home.

Something is not right here.

BBM

MOO, Boyle made a very big mistake in saying that to the media.

Has anyone seen any articles with interviews or quotes from his parents or family? Are they mortified at his public statements and general behavior, or do they accept it? Sorry but I can not imagine my parents being ok with all of this if (god forbid) I was him and acting the way he is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955