Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This clarifies about the 2 victims:

The charges, according to court documents, include:

- Seven counts of assault, two counts of sexual assault, two counts of unlawful confinement, one count of causing a victim to take a noxious substance, and one count of uttering a death threat -- all against one alleged victim;

- A separate count of assault against a second alleged victim;

- One count of misleading police.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...shua-boyle-criminal-charges-canada/index.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Adjourned until Monday:

Canadian ex-hostage*Joshua Boyle*made a brief appearance via video link for a preliminary hearing on Wednesday after being charged with 15 offences, including sexual assault, following his release from captivity in*Afghanistan. A justice of the peace granted lawyer Ninetta Caparelli's request for adjournment until Monday so the defense can work on a bail plan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...oyle-sexual-assault-case-hostage-video-court/

And another snip:

Before the matter was adjourned, Justice Norman Boxall was told Boyle has retained prominent Ottawa criminal lawyer Lawrence Greenspon as part of his defense team, although Greenspon was not in court. No family members of Boyle or his wife attended.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow
Just reading up on the recent news about this fool. In a way I am not surprised he got into more trouble. Glad to hear that maybe his wife is finally going to get away from him and hopefully with her kids.

What I cant believe is the prime minister even meeting with him. Why the need to cater to this fool. If I was the prime minister I would tell him to get lost and climb in a hole somewhere.

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau met with the Boyles in his Parliament Hill office on Dec. 18, a meeting that came to light after a Twitter account named "The Boyle Family" posted photos of the meeting. A senior government source speaking on background said that Boyle requested the meeting."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/jos...arges-including-assault-confinement-1.3742751

It doesn’t surprise me that Boyle requested the meeting. He said that he and Trudeau had met before in 2006 over common interests “ha ha” or words to that effect. I wonder what that’s about and if it had anything to do with Trudeau rather stupidly granting the request to meet (under pressure of some kind?). Is there something Boyle knows or is pretending to know about Trudeau that could be even more damaging than agreeing to meet with him? Or was Trudeau just naively being nice to a former hostage and family.

Wonder who's paying for his lawyer ?

Maybe JB’s father has connections. Personally, I don’t trust JB. He could even have damaging info he can hold over his father to get what he wants...an expensive lawyer. But it’s more likely just Dad being helpful.

Wow, she was raped and held captive for 5 years, and now basically raped and held captive in Canada by her creepy husband (IMO). I hope her US family rescues her.

Anyone know if the children are US citizens, Canadian or both?

Who says her husband didn't hold her hostage for five years, contiuned the behavior when he returned and was finally reported.

Given that CC is quoted as expressing "compassion and forgiveness", I would assume she was one of the victims - and possibly contacted police, and/or her parents did. I'm fascinated that many comments I've read online (not in WS) seem to think his victims were people other than immediate family.

I wonder if it was not as well, Her comments about him are too kind if the charges were about her, It takes a long time for victims of being held by someone to free themselves of the abuser.

It would take time for her to be away from him and I can’t see her giving up on him yet.

It doesn’t surprise me that Boyle requested the meeting. He said that he and Trudeau had met before in 2006 over common interests “ha ha” or words to that effect. I wonder what that’s about and if it had anything to do with Trudeau rather stupidly granting the request to meet (under pressure of some kind?). Is there something Boyle knows or is pretending to know about Trudeau that could be even more damaging than agreeing to meet with him? Or was Trudeau just naively being nice to a former hostage and family.

Maybe the Trudeau/government agreed to this meeting in the hopes that Boyle would divulge more details of what happened in Afghanistan when face to face with high ranking politicians?

I wonder if it was not as well, Her comments about him are too kind if the charges were about her, It takes a long time for victims of being held by someone to free themselves of the abuser.

It would take time for her to be away from him and I can’t see her giving up on him yet.

I agree. She might well have some 'subcategory' of Stockholm syndrome.

Who says her husband didn't hold her hostage for five years, contiuned the behavior when he returned and was finally reported.

now that makes sense, you are probably spot on

His mom was expected at the hearing but was not present. So far at least 3 attorneys have already been involved.
I wonder who is representing Caitlin and family. I was glad to read that her parents are there as well (I can’t recall which msm mentioned that).

Agreed and her week in the psychiatric unit may have opened a door for her. And JB May have thought reporting her as suicidal and missing would be believed and serve as a balance or distraction from her allegations.

The trial is gonna be very interesting. How is it done in Canada? Do you have cameras in court?

:happydance: Keep him locked up FOREVER!

research the Karla Holmuka case, she cut a deal for 12 years for serial rape and murder along with her hubby Paul Benardo, she killed her own sister and walked after 12 years, this is how Canada rolls

research the Karla Holmuka case, she cut a deal for 12 years for serial rape and murder along with her hubby Paul Benardo, she killed her own sister and walked after 12 years, this is how Canada rolls

Its their country and they get to make the laws. No country is perfect.
I know Canadian courts seriously restrict information releases and what access the press can have, so we may not learn much about these charges. But this is all very interesting. If the wife is the victim here, it really makes me reconsider the entire 5 year abduction.

The trial is gonna be very interesting. How is it done in Canada? Do you have cameras in court?

Hey there Elainera. No cameras. Publication Bans. Trial by tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member