CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they saying the crime scene tape was up and RH was giving Cooper CPR at that time?

I'm curious are you sending people on wild goose (link) chases? Cause it's looking that way to me.

Like I said it's a college students blog for school or something.
The chopper got there before EMS did. Before yellow tape went up. Before the tent went up, that's just a screen cap of the livr broadcast, but Cherokee County has it. They aew getting their ducks in a row.
I wonder if that is the tree he was pulling leaves off of.

while looking at what video are out there I stumbled across this one. Hopefully it is not already linked upthread but if so sorry to duplicate efforts. This is a reenactment of a child left in a car for demonstration purposes. It's a PSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNDWN8KDVSM

Like I said it's a college students blog for school or something.
The chopper got there before EMS did. Before yellow tape went up. Before the tent went up, that's just a screen cap of the livr broadcast, but Cherokee County has it. They aew getting their ducks in a row.
That's an error it should say COBB COUNTY -sorry

the video is playing fine for me. It is helicopter footage of the scene showing crime scene tape, the Tuscon and emergency response vehicles as the scene is being processed below. http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/raw-video-child-dies-after-being-left-in-car-for/vCfWp3/

It appears to be video shot after crime scene tape blocked off the lot but before the white tent/canopy was erected to process the scene. MOO
It worked for me this time, Yay!
Thank you to crimejunkie for finding the link.

This is bugging me! What if this picture was just a little bit wider? IF the car seat was in the car when he took this picture we could see it!
I want to scream.
9y7a8yhe.jpg

What's in the reflection of his glasses?

Anything that could be identifiable from the back seat - reflection from front windshield?

Like a reflection of a reflection? If this is making any sense :crazy:

What's in the reflection of his glasses?

Anything that could be identifiable from the back seat - reflection from front windshield?

Like a reflection of a reflection? If this is making any sense :crazy:
The steering wheel.
If it was just a tiny bit wider... We could tell about his shoulder with and elbows etc.
I will say that seat is dad gum far back!
Easily even with the frame between front and rear door if not a tiny bit beyond it.
All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

BBM -- I believe that was part of Stoddard's testimony...? I think it was Stoddard that explained they do own 2 carseats, that RH usually had FF because he usually drove CH, that LH took it for trip to 'Bama 2-3 wks prior & it was never switched back .... ???

We are asked to believe that these parents are so obsessed with their child's safety that they google hot car deaths and RH kisses him every time he places him in a car seat...just in case Baby dies in a car wreck...but, but, but...they are too lazy to switch his new car seat into the car he is transported to daycare in!!!

FYI those aren't complete transcripts.

No they are not complete...and I heard it live on TV and went back and rewound it to hear it again.
Its ok with me that people don't take my word, but I'm not the only one who heard it. JMO

I don't see any way how the car seat in the middle of the back seat, rear facing, could NOT be obvious in a vehicle of that size. Not from any re-enactment I've seen (including the one on Fox News Atlanta, that was very well done) and not from personal experience.

I do have this vehicle and a toddler niece about Cooper's age. She is small for her age and I'm short but no way to miss seeing her in her seat.
The inside of this vehicle is small and called a compact utility vehicle on the title. His seat would have been pushed back. ITA.

It doesn't matter to me if the carseat protruded between the seats, I can look at the photos of the various reconstructions and it's clear to me that that type of carseat (allowing for the minor differences in models) in that type of car (allowing for the minor differences in models) is very prominent, clearly visible to the driver on entering, exiting and operating the vehicle and it defies common sense that it would not be seen. I am confident the prosecution will take care to use the EXACT models of seat and car in the EXACT relative seat positions and a similarly built driver in their reconstruction at trial and maybe that will be enough to set the cavils about exact dimensions and positioning to rest.

Thank you for your post.

You are correct as usual MissJ :)

Because of the dimensions of the Hyundai Tuscson, a small SUV, the top of the car seat was only about six inches from Ross Harris' head, and protruded in between the two front seats, the detective said.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

Det. Stoddard revealed that Cooper was a few inches too big for his car seat, and that the top of his head was more than visible — even with his car seat facing the back of the vehicle like Cooper’s was.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-sexting-women-cooper-harris/

Because of the dimensions of the Hyundai Tuscson, a small SUV, the top of the car seat was only about six inches from Ross Harris' head, and protruded in between the two front seats, the detective said.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...aring_bri.html

Stoddard said Cooper was "several inches" too big for the car cradle, positioned in the middle of the back seat, and testified the child's head would've been visible.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-stan...er-left-in-car

Thanks again for this. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14