CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as the popping rear door up or opening rear passenger door, I think that was an error of wording at the hearing.

The search warrants (initial ones released) stated witnesses described RH throwing his own door open, leaping out and then immediately opening the rear passenger door and began removing Cooper from the carseat.

Stoddard testified at the hearing that RH "popped up" the rear door which led to all sorts of speculation about him removing Cooper from the vehicle via the rear (hatch style) door.

MOO based on the search warrants and the probable cause statements therein, RH removed Cooper via the rear passenger door (ie. the door just behind his own)

Justin Harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza, 2955 Akers Mill Rd in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, GA tag "RT7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "Oh my god what have I done". He then began doing CPR on the child. EMSresponded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased. http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/06/28/merged_document.pdf

Thank you, tlcya. That makes a lot more sense to me.

Kind of like reading the HLN transcripts on a case-- they are just an "appetizer" portion of the case, with lots of "condiment" errors! They get so much incorrect, I always swear I will stop reading the transcripts.....Then curiosity gets me, and the next thing I know, I'm briefly considering how to discuss with the supervisors how they can best fix the errors, since they did a less than vigilant piece of work, and it makes the company look bad, lol! (Not that they'd ever care to make corrections....or that I'd ever bother to try!) :gaah:

Stoddard may have said popped up, but if he did, I believe he misspoke and did not convey it well.

ETA and I agree about fast and loose with facts from that network as well.

Stoddard said "popped OPEN the rear door to his vehicle, entered into the rear door, removed Cooper from the vehicle." He didn't go thru the cargo area to get him out.
Edited to add: I verified this by listening to the testimony I recorded on my TiVo as it happened live.

It's also testimony that JRH said he strapped Cooper into the car seat at Chik Fil A. The car seat was left inside the car. He wasn't carrying Cooper around in it like you might a newborn. Those things are heavy enough with teeny babies in them...it would be very difficult to lug around a 22 month old in one!
Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Height:
86cm / 33¾" 18 - 24 month
92cm / 36¼" 2 year

1 year - 80cm 31½"
2 year - 92cm 36¼"

Shoe size:
6 86cm / 33¾" 18 - 24 month
7 92cm / 36¼" 2 year

http://www.childrensalon.com/size-guide/

Boy's height:
Twenty-four-month-old boys average about 34.5 inches in height, and have a normal range from 32 to 36.7 inches.
Boy's weight:
Twenty-four-month-old boys average about 28 lbs., and have a normal range from 23.5 to 33.5 lbs.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/233730-what-is-the-average-weight-height-for-toddlers/

I mentioned that Cooper was placed in an infant seat that he had outgrown only for me to learn a young dear one about Cooper's age rides in a $450 5pt-harness forward facing carseat. Perhaps the cost is what prohibited the Harris' from purchasing two of them.

Noooo. JRH has $4000 in cc debt but Cooper only had one seat that fit him. I was told it would be most difficult to buckle the straps if the child had outgrown the infant's seat. Yet we know it is true.

Am I correct in believing the top of Cooper's head was about 4" taller than the back of his infant's seat? Wouldn't that position cause a whiplash in a child should the driver apply the brakes suddenly or if the vehicle is involved in certain accidents? Sadly, I expect signs of exactly how tightly those straps were fastened around Cooper's tiny body to be compelling evidence found in the AR.

It is an interesting read of the thread: Alternate Theories. Obviously, we want to search for an excuse that could make Cooper's death an accident. All theories must include Ross Harris. There are a scattered few who are clinging to hope in mankind that this pathetic man did not intentionally strap his beautiful son into a car seat that the child was truly too big to use and then leave his living, breathing, talking, walking, singing son in a hot car to scratch off his beautiful baby skin. Can any of us imagine being so incredibly miserable and in such intense agony and prolonged suffering that we attempt to scratch ourselves out of our skin?

Is it wrong to hope when LH is allegedly collapsed in a heap on the floor, or if she can't sleep at night, that she is reminded that Cooper's last words were to cry out her name and that of his killer?

respectfully snipped by me
It is an interesting read of the thread: Alternate Theories. Obviously, we want to search for an excuse that could make Cooper's death an accident. All theories must include Ross Harris. There are a scattered few who are clinging to hope in mankind that this pathetic man did not intentionally strap his beautiful son into a car seat that the child was truly too big to use and then leave his living, breathing, talking, walking, singing son in a hot car to scratch off his beautiful baby skin. Can any of us imagine being so incredibly miserable and in such intense agony and prolonged suffering that we attempt to scratch ourselves out of our skin?

Is it wrong to hope when LH is allegedly collapsed in a heap on the floor, or if she can't sleep at night, that she is reminded that Cooper's last words were to cry out her name and that of his killer?

This part just made me cry :(

Stoddard said "popped OPEN the rear door to his vehicle, entered into the rear door, removed Cooper from the vehicle." He didn't go thru the cargo area to get him out.
Edited to add: I verified this by listening to the testimony I recorded on my TiVo as it happened live.

It's also testimony that JRH said he strapped Cooper into the car seat at Chik Fil A. The car seat was left inside the car. He wasn't carrying Cooper around in it like you might a newborn. Those things are heavy enough with teeny babies in them...it would be very difficult to lug around a 22 month old in one!
Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

What Ross said and actually did is still unresolved, imo. The straps of the car seat were still at the newborn position, meaning they would have been extraordinarily tight on Cooper and I think that would have been noticeable to anybody in the restaurant because I doubt Cooper was silent about it. Uncomfortable babies are pretty vocal. Plus, you are correct that the carriers with the handle would be very heavy with a 22-month-old, especially for someone so clearly physically out of shape as Ross. It disgusts me that he couldn't even take the time to adjust the straps. His son was going to cook to death no matter the tightness of the straps.....

JMO

Height:
92cm / 36¼" 2 year

1 year - 80cm 31½"
2 year - 92cm 36¼"

Shoe size:
7 92cm / 36¼" 2 year

Boy's height:
Twenty-four-month-old boys average about 34.5 inches in height, and have a normal range from 32 to 36.7 inches.
Boy's weight:
Twenty-four-month-old boys average about 28 lbs., and have a normal range from 23.5 to 33.5 lbs.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/233730-what-is-the-average-weight-height-for-toddlers/

I mentioned that Cooper was placed in an infant seat that he had outgrown only for me to learn a young dear one about Cooper's age rides in a $450 5pt-harness forward facing carseat. Perhaps the cost is what prohibited the Harris' from purchasing two of them.

Noooo. JRH has $4000 in cc debt but Cooper only had one seat that fit him. I was told it would be most difficult to buckle the straps if the child had outgrown the infant's seat. Yet we know it is true.

Am I correct in believing the top of Cooper's head was about 4" taller than the back of his infant's seat? Wouldn't that position cause a whiplash in a child should the driver apply the brakes suddenly or if the vehicle is involved in certain accidents? Sadly, I expect signs of exactly how tightly those straps were fastened around Cooper's tiny body to be compelling evidence found in the AR.

Unfortunately, I think the one most likely in that heap on the floor is Leanna's mother. My heart truly breaks for her.

Height:
92cm / 36¼" 2 year

1 year - 80cm 31½"
2 year - 92cm 36¼"

Shoe size:
7 92cm / 36¼" 2 year

Boy's height:
Boy's weight:

BBM- I'm not searching for an excuse. I based my theory on the facts and the statement Leanna made at the daycare. There are more people on the fence than you think. IMO

BBM- I'm not searching for an excuse. I based my theory on the facts and the statement Leanna made at the daycare. There are more people on the fence than you think. IMO

Even though I believe RH did intentionally plan to murder Cooper, I'm STILL trying to find excuses because it disturbs every fiber of being to think a father would purposely inflict such suffering on his own flesh and blood.

I think that's what DeDee was trying to convey with her post, not trying to say everyone thinks he's guilty.

So far, I'm of the opinion this tragedy was an accident; but...there are a few things still needing to be reconciled in order for me to come to terms with that. I think the car seat is one of the important ones. Lately, I've been wondering if Cooper was even in it that day...maybe he was belted in the back seat.

1) Could they have been using only the larger car seat--leaving it at the day care each morning, and the parent who picked up CH would also pick up the seat? Did LH forget to leave the bigger car seat at home that day? RH may have put the smaller one there and realized it was just not going to work.

2) CH would have been much less visible if he was belted in the seat behind RH rather than in the car seat inches away from RH.

3) This might explain why RH went overboard (IMO) in detailing how he belted CH in, and how much he knew about car seats---overcompensating to deflect his guilt for breaking the car seat law.

4) At the time, LH may have thought talking about the car seat situation would not have been such a good idea, so she says, "Did you say too much?"

5) The comment announced early on by LE that it could not be confirmed if the child was in the car at 9:00 still bothers me; even though they did learn more info from videos, I have wondered why they made a point to make that comment. Was it because CH wasn't seen in the car seat by somebody because he was out of view down in the regular seat?

If this did happen, why didn't/don't they come clean? They may have told some lies before the charges were ramped up that will be really hard to get out of now--any loss of credibility would be serious when so many already doubt their intentions.

Who knows? I'm really interested hear more from the day care staff, and would like to know if the Harris' left the car seat at the center on days when a different parent was picking up. The forensic investigation will easily detect where CH was seated, so until then....

So far, I'm of the opinion this tragedy was an accident; but...there are a few things still needing to be reconciled in order for me to come to terms with that. I think the car seat is one of the important ones. Lately, I've been wondering if Cooper was even in it that day...maybe he was belted in the back seat.

1) Could they have been using only the larger car seat--leaving it at the day care each morning, and the parent who picked up CH would also pick up the seat? Did LH forget to leave the bigger car seat at home that day? RH may have put the smaller one there and realized it was just not going to work.

2) CH would have been much less visible if he was belted in the seat behind RH rather than in the car seat inches away from RH.

3) This might explain why RH went overboard (IMO) in detailing how he belted CH in, and how much he knew about car seats---overcompensating to deflect his guilt for breaking the car seat law.

4) At the time, LH may have thought talking about the car seat situation would not have been such a good idea, so she says, "Did you say too much?"

5) The comment announced early on by LE that it could not be confirmed if the child was in the car at 9:00 still bothers me; even though they did learn more info from videos, I have wondered why they made a point to make that comment. Was it because CH wasn't seen in the car seat by somebody because he was out of view down in the regular seat?

If this did happen, why didn't/don't they come clean? They may have told some lies before the charges were ramped up that will be really hard to get out of now--any loss of credibility would be serious when so many already doubt their intentions.

Who knows? I'm really interested hear more from the day care staff, and would like to know if the Harris' left the car seat at the center on days when a different parent was picking up. The forensic investigation will easily detect where CH was seated, so until then....

IMO, they didn't come clean because they are so very dirty.

Cooper deserved love and safety. I hate these modsnips. (Thanks to the poster who preempted the actual modsnip)

Today the Department of Transportation is urging new parents to remember these ways they can avoid a tragedy:

• Never leave a child alone in a parked car, even with the windows rolled down or air conditioning turned on. Air conditioning can fail, and cracked windows may not be adequate to protect a child whose body temperature rises three to five times faster than adults
  • Always look in both the front and back of the vehicle before locking the door and walking away.
  • Outdoor temperatures as low as 57 degrees can still be fatal over time. On an 80-degree day, a car can reach fatal levels in just 10 minutes.
  • Think of some ways to remind yourself about your child in the back seat. Put something you always keep on you, like your cellphone or purse, next to them, to remind you to turn around before getting out. Have a cellphone with an alarm clock? Set an alert.
  • Make sure their day care or school knows to call you if they do not show up. Or call your partner or spouse after you drop your child off with them to make sure you didn’t forget.
  • Never let children play in an unattended vehicle. Teach them it is not a play area.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...can-save-their-children-from-deadly-hot-cars/

Today the Department of Transportation is urging new parents to remember these ways they can avoid a tragedy:

• Never leave a child alone in a parked car, even with the windows rolled down or air conditioning turned on. Air conditioning can fail, and cracked windows may not be adequate to protect a child whose body temperature rises three to five times faster than adults
  • Always look in both the front and back of the vehicle before locking the door and walking away.
  • Outdoor temperatures as low as 57 degrees can still be fatal over time. On an 80-degree day, a car can reach fatal levels in just 10 minutes.
  • Think of some ways to remind yourself about your child in the back seat. Put something you always keep on you, like your cellphone or purse, next to them, to remind you to turn around before getting out. Have a cellphone with an alarm clock? Set an alert.
  • Make sure their day care or school knows to call you if they do not show up. Or call your partner or spouse after you drop your child off with them to make sure you didn’t forget.
  • Never let children play in an unattended vehicle. Teach them it is not a play area.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...can-save-their-children-from-deadly-hot-cars/

In other words:

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE YOU DELTA ALPHAS!

http://www.ggweather.com/heat/

We are up to 17 car heat related deaths so far in 2014.

I wonder how many more

Oh there will be more and more and more until there is legislation that makes this a crime with a mandatory sentence. Then this will no longer be the preferred method of post-natal abortion. (As per ole Ross' reddit postings.

:waitasec: did RH post that on reddit? I was thinking that was just the sort of posts you find in the conversation he visited not comments he had himself made :eek:

:waitasec: did RH post that on reddit? I was thinking that was just the sort of posts you find in the conversation he visited not comments he had himself made :eek:

You are probably right. My memory is Robitussinized. I just remember him lambasting posters for their abortion views. And it strikes me as hypocritical when you kill your own baby. But then again, this "person's" only claim to goodness was that precious little boy, and he destroyed him, too. Turd.

Not to be smart, but are these recent posts related to the Cooper's car seat? I find the placement of these comments a little odd...

You are probably right. My memory is Robitussinized. I just remember him lambasting posters for their abortion views. And it strikes me as hypocritical when you kill your own baby. But then again, this "person's" only claim to goodness was that precious little boy, and he destroyed him, too. Turd.

aw feel better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member