CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your child is dying and you need help NOW.
Do you go here?
y2u4yre3.jpg

Or here?
e6eha2yt.jpg

Seriously, would you drive 50 more feet to arrive at open doors and windows or would you choose to go behind the businesses with locked delivery door route?
https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/?panoid=GAXRV_Tfu6c8Z4deiE2CZQ&cbp=0,311.3086140097518,,0,0

If that were the only pics available I would see your point. But you are lacking the overall angle of the scene. As you can see from this upper view, he pulled in where there was a patio with tables and chairs for people to sit outside, in earshot of him wailing "what have I done" I'm guessing he spotted someone in that patio? And wasn't there an eye witness who in fact reported being in that patio or rear of the bldg and that's how he saw/heard him? (Click on thumbnail for larger view)
image.jpg

The eyewitness was not on a patio, that I know of. She had gone outside to charge her cell phone in her car or to grab her charger from her car and RH screeched in.

Was there patio seating in the rear of these restaurants? That would be a weird place to have cafe seating...I would expect that to be in the front not in the back parking lot.

The eyewitness was not on a patio, that I know of. She had gone outside to charge her cell phone in her car or to grab her charger from her car and RH screeched in.

Was there patio seating in the rear of these restaurants? That would be a weird place to have cafe seating...I would expect that to be in the front not in the back parking lot.

Spice, did you open/enlarge my photo? I think you'll have your answer

A) yes there are black metal table and chairs in the cafe area
B) no, that is not technically the back, it's the corner area. And a corner location would not be u reasonable. Only one wall of that corner cafe location shares the same line as the back of the plaza. The adjacent wall is the side of the restaurant. My local Panera is almost identical layout.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I’m posting pics to visually aid this discussion since it seems Stoddards words has been dissected to ad nauseum. Perhaps pics help.

I’m posting a closeup of the actual crime scene to set the baseline position of the driver’s seat. As you can see, it is angled back pretty far, with the head rest pillow and top of the driver’s seat crossing over the barrier of the divider bar that separates front and rear car area. The yellow line shows the angle of the driver seat.

Now, using that baseline, there’s little argument that the re-enactment video used this same driver’s seat position/angle – or roughly very close to it. The driver in the video fits reasonably well and there’s no indication he’s leaning way back, as a few have suggested without the aid of photos. The carseat is the same model and can be seen very easily by the driver, in fact he even pats his hand on the back / head area to show just how close it is.

The brown object in the carseat is a stuffed animal to represent the head position of a child in the seat. The stuffed animal is a conservative comparison and likely smaller than Cooper’s actual size, so it stands to reason Cooper’s head was even more visible.

The driver exits and shows the view of the interior from the drivers side looking into the vehicle. It’s painfully obvious how close this seat was in his peripheral view. The video also shows that if he were looking in his rear view mirror, it would be impossible not to see Cooper OR the car seat.

I hope this helps. I haven’t quite figured out how to make these images larger via phone posting.

This is bugging me! What if this picture was just a little bit wider? IF the car seat was in the car when he took this picture we could see it!
I want to scream.
9y7a8yhe.jpg

I saved this image to my camera roll & zoomed in as best I could (granted via iPhone 4 isn't exactly Photoshop worthy) but here goes:

yde5y4ez.jpg

Hopefully once I post this image, I'll be able to zoom in again to see the reflection (and my fellow WSers will too!)

:sleuth:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see him holding his iPhone and the steering wheel.

Thank gawd his junk isn't out.

Stolat, which image(s) in your last post do you need enlarged? Or is it the areas that are highlighted (yellow arrows, yellow circle, red arrow) that need to be zoomed in & reposted onto the thread?

Let me know & I can do that...

:)

He's taking a selfie on the open road (note the initial image shows the broken white line behind him :tsktsk: ).

ETA: What is on the left of his right lens and the center of his right lens? I can't make out what it is, but it's something (doesn't look like an iPhone on my iPhone screen :giggle: )

At first I thought it was a parking meter :waitasec:

A red light camera?

:confused:

Does anyone else see this?

He's taking a selfie on the open road (note the initial image shows the broken white line behind him :tsktsk: ).

ETA: What is on the left of his right lens and the center of his right lens? I can't make out what it is, but it's something (doesn't look like an iPhone on my iPhone screen :giggle: )

At first I thought it was a parking meter :waitasec:

A red light camera?

:confused:

Does anyone else see this?

it looks like an iphone in his hand along with something else that is kind of flopping over part of it. We need otto the photoshop super genius in here.

Stolat, which image(s) in your last post do you need enlarged? Or is it the areas that are highlighted (yellow arrows, yellow circle, red arrow) that need to be zoomed in & reposted onto the thread?

Let me know & I can do that...

:)

Thanks Kimi- what I don't get is the photos are full-size when I upload them. But them they automatically become thumbnails on my post. If you click on each one, they will open up larger size. But I don't know if that is space-conserving feature or what. Some other posters have larger photos but perhaps that is because they are linking via URL and not directly uploading (?)

Thanks Kimi- what I don't get is the photos are full-size when I upload them. But them they automatically become thumbnails on my post. If you click on each one, they will open up larger size. But I don't know if that is space-conserving feature or what. Some other posters have larger photos but perhaps that is because they are linking via URL and not directly uploading (?)

I clicked on it twice and it filled the entire screen.

Thank you so much for posting that group of pictures. It's very helpful

What car seat was CH seated in inside the car? Wasn't it one of those infant car seats for up to age 1? And LH had the car seat in her car that he was to be in? Am I correct?

What car seat was CH seated in inside the car? Wasn't it one of those infant car seats for up to age 1? And LH had the car seat in her car that he was to be in? Am I correct?

It does not go up to an age but a height and weight. They are meant to be used these days at higher weights and the one he was in went up to 30 lbs and 30 inches. As a child who was not quite 2 he would have been close to those stats.

Kids are supposed to rear face at least until 2 yrs of age.

I know! Whoever is caring for the child is responsible for the child, parent or not.

Exactly. They could afford to own a late model car they most certainly could have purchased a second suitable car seat. In that regard, both parents failed their child because they shared the responsibility for transporting him to child care.

I have to wonder if they left him home alone when he was younger in order to save on child care costs.

JMO

Again there is no proof it was not safe. Not until we know his height and weight.

Yes, according to testimony the proof is the car seat and the victim. Police already know his height, weight and they examined the car seat.

JMO

It does not go up to an age but a height and weight. They are meant to be used these days at higher weights and the one he was in went up to 30 lbs and 30 inches. As a child who was not quite 2 he would have been close to those stats.

Kids are supposed to rear face at least until 2 yrs of age.

There is nothing in the Georgia statute that requires a child to face rear until the age of 2 years. The child must be in a suitable car seat and Cooper was not in a car seat properly adjusted for his height and weight. If it wasn't adjusted properly, it was not suitable.

JMO

I think it's unlikely that RH/ LH were using the "bucket" style carseat in the same manner as it would be used for an infant on the day Cooper died. Meaning, I highly doubt that the "bucket" carrier was brought into the house or the fast food restaurant. Cooper was far too large for it, and would have been "floppy" with his head and legs extending beyond the carrier. AND-- he was able to walk! So, I can't believe that anyone strapped Cooper into it, and then clicked the carrier into the base in the car. I think it's likely Cooper walked to the car, climbed up, and crawled into the reclining seat for an adult to strap him in. And I also think this might be evident on the surveillance video of the parking lot, and in the restaurant. Either RH was carrying the bucket carrier, or he wasn't.

What I also think is so very odd is that RH popped the rear hatch door open to get Cooper out in the strip mall parking lot! He could have reached in and unclicked the whole bucket carrier faster than climbing into the cargo space, and unbuckling the straps. Or even that he didn't open the driver side rear door to EITHER unclick the bucket carrier, or un-do the straps. That is just so intensely odd to me that he popped the hatch back door to get Cooper out. Even in the midst of panic or grief, I can't imagine why anyone would do that. It would be so much harder to lean over the seat backs, and haul the child out of the seat (dead or alive). Even in an SUV as small as that one, it's the hardest way I can imagine to get a child out. It would have even been easier to reach back from the driver's seat to get him out, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14