CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question right? It would sit lower and more towards the back of the seat. While some people find the car seat discussion boring or bothersome it is part of this case. A big part of this case.

It will either help or hurt the defense.

If you watch the video where they are re-creating the conditions in the parking lot the car seat is on the base.

He strapped Cooper in the car seat, gave him a kiss, drove a couple of minutes, forgot the exact time, parked the car, sat in the car for 30 seconds, anyone with a lick of common sense knows you would not forget to take the child out of the car with you. Maybe in those 30 seconds he was trying to figure out what he should do, or building the courage to leave his son in the car, I don't know, but to be distracted in that short period of time, I personally, would never believe this was an accident. And there is something very evil to feed your child and then kiss him, and then leave him in the car. What was he trying to prove by doing that? Justifying that he fed him and kissed him so Cooper would die knowing his dad loved him.

BBM 1 - I wonder if they have that on video if he did it? Because I don't know if I believe that.

BBM 2 - I believe that is what the pause was. I bet he was just getting the nerve up to murder.

STODDARD: Justin took Cooper out to the car. He went into the back seat where the car seat was situated. It's a rear-facing car seat so Cooper's head would be in between or almost in between the two front seats. He put Cooper in the vehicle. He stated he strapped him in tight. He went through a little spiel about how he'd watched You Tube videos about, you know, car seat regulations and stuff, and he knew that this was the right car seat and the right way of doing it. And he straps him in tight. And Cooper gives him a kiss. And he gives him a kiss back. And he says he always gives him the kiss in case they get into a car accident and he dies. He wanted Cooper to, you know, his last memory or Cooper to remember that he had been loved or that his daddy loved him.

This whole statement that JRH made to LE makes me so sick to my stomach. It is so phoney and obviously a lie. When people tell tall tales they have descriptions and phrases like this one right here. Excuses for why he tied him in so tightly, excuses for why he has him in the wrong seat that is too small, and that sickening excuse for giving his son a kiss goodbye.....in case he dies!!!! Leave out the accident, though he would like us to believe it is an accident. He wanted Cooper to know, that his last memory to be that he had been loved and that his daddy loved him. Notice the past tense. That was before, now he doesn't love him anymore and he doesn't want him anymore. He has actually put a lot into this statement, just like his wife's eulogy. They spell it out pretty clearly.

Can you really install infant seats without the base AND with a seat belt, rear facing? It's been a while since I used an infant seat (my boys are 7 and 8 now) but that doesn't seem possible/safe from the models I had (Graco/Cosco). Where would you thread the seatbelt through? I understand how you'd do that forward facing, but not rear facing. Mind you, I had LATCH so I always used it, AND the base (so much easier to remove a sleeping baby that way).

Yes you can. We used a base but there were a couple times we had to do it. Our seat, and friends too.

Follow the curve of the car seat in this pic. See the slit? That's where the seatbelt would go.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/cm/goodhousekeeping/images/dn/ghk-Graco-Infant-Safe-Seat-mdn.jpg

It is not semantics in any way. By NG's demonstration it is undeniably condemning! It is depraved.

By the facts it is still damning, but not proof of depravity.

It is depraved to leave your child to cook to death in a hot car.

[modsnip] that it is even a remote possibility that he did not see Cooper in the car that morning, before shutting the door and going to work. And again when he opened the door at lunch, and yet AGAIN when he drove with the smell of death for 3 minutes to the parking lot.

[modsnip].

The reenactment is in no way some erroneous sensationalized lie. I don't even care what position RH's seat was in. Reclining or not reclining. The inside of that car is very small, the car seat was protruding and practically in his lap and he could see it through his rearview mirror, clearly. AND he backed up and then pulled straight forward into his space. He is a large guy, that car seat and the top of Cooper's head was RIGHT THERE, in his face when he turned, when he reached for his briefcase, when he backed up to pull into his parking spot, when he looked in his rearview, and when he got out of the car and shut the door.

So yes, I do believe that proves that there is no way on earth RH could not see his son in that car, while he parked, and when he got out, will prove that he left them there purposely, to die a cruel, tortuous and painful death. And that will prove depravity. :moo: Bigtime.

[modsnip]that he did not see Cooper in the car that morning before shutting the door and going to work. And again when he opened the door at lunch, and yet AGAIN when he drove with the smell of death for 3 minutes to the parking lot.

[modsnip].

The reenactment is in no way some erroneous sensationalized lie. I don't even care what position RH's seat was in. Reclining or not reclining. The inside of that car is very small, the car seat was protruding and practically in his lap and he could see it through his rearview mirror, clearly. AND he backed up and then pulled straight forward into his space. He is a large guy, that car seat and the top of Cooper's head was RIGHT THERE, in his face when he turned, when he reached for his briefcase, when he backed up to pull into his parking spot, when he looked in his rearview, and when he got out of the car and shut the door.

So yes, I do believe that proof that there is no way on earth RH could not see his son in that car, while he parked, and when he got out, will prove that he left them there purposely, to die a cruel, tortuous and painful death. And that will proved depravity. :moo:

[modsnip], but it does happen in situations where it is a true accident. I do not think it was an accident in this case. Obviously I think he was acting with depravity if I believe he did this intentionally. But considering the car seat alone, that does not show blatant depravity, do you understand what I mean?

If Ross didn't want the child to be seen by bystanders outside the car, then it makes most sense to me that he would've put the car seat in the center of the rear seat, farthest away from each window. No?

It is absurd, but it does happen in situations where it is a true accident. I do not think it was an accident in this case. Obviously I think he was acting with depravity if I believe he did this intentionally. But considering the car seat alone, that does not show blatant depravity, do you understand what I mean?

It's not the car seat alone. It's the fact that he could SEE him, no matter what, which means he could not have forgotten him in that car. There is plenty of other horribly damning evidence to go right along with that. Child Free anyone? Little Sizzlers? Or the youtube videos about pets dying in hot cars that he watched twice, days before he killed his son? The life insurance?

But that car, the sheer smallness of the inside, his large size, the drivers seat in relation to the middle placed car seat will seal his fate. I am of the opinion that it does show depravity because it shows that there is no way on Earth he could not see Cooper when he got out of his car and walked into work that morning. It shows that he sat there for 30 seconds and made a very depraved choice indeed.

It's not the car seat alone. It's the fact that he could SEE him, no matter what, which means he could not have forgotten him in that car. There is plenty of other horribly damning evidence to go right along with that. Child Free anyone? Little Sizzlers? Or the youtube videos about pets dying in hot cars that he watched twice, days before he killed his son? The life insurance?

But that car, the sheer smallness of the inside, his large size, the drivers seat in relation to the middle placed car seat will seal his fate. I am of the opinion that it does show depravity because it shows that there is no way on Earth he could not see Cooper when he got out of his car and walked into work that morning. It shows that he sat there for 30 seconds and made a very depraved choice indeed.

I agree with you, and the only reason this is an issue is because many people saw the NG show demonstration and consider that to be the smoking gun. Only its not, so it will be harder to prove.

It is absurd, but it does happen in situations where it is a true accident. I do not think it was an accident in this case. Obviously I think he was acting with depravity if I believe he did this intentionally. But considering the car seat alone, that does not show blatant depravity, do you understand what I mean?

How does one accidentally carry a child out to a car and accidentally buckle him/her in a carseat?

He strapped Cooper in the car seat, gave him a kiss, drove a couple of minutes, forgot the exact time, parked the car, sat in the car for 30 seconds, anyone with a lick of common sense knows you would not forget to take the child out of the car with you. Maybe in those 30 seconds he was trying to figure out what he should do, or building the courage to leave his son in the car, I don't know, but to be distracted in that short period of time, I personally, would never believe this was an accident. And there is something very evil to feed your child and then kiss him, and then leave him in the car. What was he trying to prove by doing that? Justifying that he fed him and kissed him so Cooper would die knowing his dad loved him.

Judas kiss.

It is absurd for anyone to state that it is even a remote possibility that he did not see Cooper in the car that morning, before shutting the door and going to work. And again when he opened the door at lunch, and yet AGAIN when he drove with the smell of death for 3 minutes to the parking lot.

Absolutely absurd.

So yes, I do believe that proves that there is no way on earth RH could not see his son in that car, while he parked, and when he got out, will prove that he left them there purposely, to die a cruel, tortuous and painful death. And that will prove depravity. :moo: Bigtime.

In a car that size any normal person that was not on mind altering drugs would see a child in the middle of the backseat. Especially if you could see the child's head above the carseat!!

I am offended. It is not your right or anyone elses to decide what is relevant. Honestly this is not about the carseat. This is about how obvious it would have been to the driver in the car. By discussing the dimensions, placement, style, and demonstration we are better able to hash that out and decide for our self.

I think its far more relevant that what bathroom he took a selfie in, but you dont see me complaining.

In all fairness we don't have a bathroom thread, and maybe we should, but we DO have a car seat thread. I have to agree with the OP it does get very irritating to read numerous posts saying the same thing over and over and over again especially since we already went down this road several days ago which is why we have a car seat thread.

Can someone please describe what Randy Travis was able to see on his drive? I'm going to be on the edge of my seat to watch that video tonight! How tall is Randy Travis, btw? Does he say?

He did the entire RH drive. He said something like he (RT) is a short man. He said the car seat was back several inches and that he could not see it in the rear view mirror.

That's all I can remember. I wish I knew how to grab a copy of a live video so I could re-listen.

They used a mannequin that was at the 50th percentile of kids Cooper's age.

I don't ever remember him saying that he noticed the seat, but he might have. He did put his arm up on the back of the headrest and turned to back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper