Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you get approved as a professional here yet?

No, I didn't realize that I had to until I just checked my PMs. Unfortunately I have to remain anonymous due to an individual I work with being discussed as a potential suspect in other parts of this site. I checked after I mentioned it earlier and there are lots of posts about them. I am pretty sure they read this site. It would compromise my job. Instead I will speak as a Psych student working towards becoming a Licensed Clinical Therapist who has put in a lot of internship hours rather than make mention of my job in the field. I apologize for any confusion.

Not everyone who is a sociopath has a violent history. Not all sociopaths have the same characters on the list some have only a few and others have more. I do agree with the Narcissistic traits. ICA seems more Sociopath Narcissistic. I do have to give you kudo's for what you do with working people with mental illness:) Takes a person with a big heart bless you:)

I understand what you are saying. That being said, we still come back to the DSM-IV-TR and the third diagnostic criteria...evidence of Conduct Disorder prior to age 15. There just isn't any evidence to suggest that ICA had Conduct Disorder as a child. Also, the videos and photos of ICA with Caylee depict a woman who has an emotional attachment. APD just doesn't fit. Many mental illnesses have very similar symptoms and traits and APD is very common in people in prison, especially men in prison. I think that's why "sociopath" gets kicked around so often. Sometimes it's something else, though and I really believe it is something else in this case.

I understand what you are saying. That being said, we still come back to the DSM-IV-TR and the third diagnostic criteria...evidence of Conduct Disorder prior to age 15. There just isn't any evidence to suggest that ICA had Conduct Disorder as a child. Also, the videos and photos of ICA with Caylee depict a woman who has an emotional attachment. APD just doesn't fit. Many mental illnesses have very similar symptoms and traits and APD is very common in people in prison, especially men in prison. I think that's why "sociopath" gets kicked around so often. Sometimes it's something else, though and I really believe it is something else in this case.

I totally agree!

Originally Posted by chicklet
Also, the videos and photos of ICA with Caylee depict a woman who has an emotional attachment.

An emotional attachment to herself?

Originally Posted by chicklet
Also, the videos and photos of ICA with Caylee depict a woman who has an emotional attachment.

An emotional attachment to herself?

All evidence and testimony points to ICA having an appropriate emotional attachment to her daughter.

Not everyone who is a sociopath has a violent history. Not all sociopaths have the same characters on the list some have only a few and others have more. I do agree with the Narcissistic traits. ICA seems more Sociopath Narcissistic. I do have to give you kudo's for what you do with working people with mental illness:) Takes a person with a big heart bless you:)

Thank you. There is an abundance of misinformation and generalization on this thread. I don't find it helpful.

All evidence and testimony points to ICA having an appropriate emotional attachment to her daughter.

With all due respect, I don't see that. ICA looks at the camera and smiles. There is no interactin with her dd as she is very interested in smiling for the camera. It is not a real smile. It is a pose.

There were two videos put forth (that I saw). One of her wrestling w/Caylee and the other of casey holding Caylee and taunting her mother. Caylee was caught between them trying to get a lick of ice cream which she never got.

Ms. Casey Anthony is a Player. She plays to the camera. She plays the system. She plays men for favors. She plays everyone for money. She simply has an inadequate personality and cannot conform to a normal responsible life, as part of her ego did not mature.

Cindy and George had to by lying on the stand. Imagine finding out your Daughter is about to give birth in 2 months...and you're ecstatic?? Well, that sure raised my hinky meter. C & G would be throwing fits when this was announced. I suspect kc told her mother in her mother's office so she wouldn't kill her. Then cindy prepared george so he would kill casey either.

Now, neither of these parents addressed the issue of who the father was when kc finally told them about the pregnancy. My guess is that after kc found out she was pregnant, she went out searching for guy to play Daddy. She found Jesse G.

Both parents probably thought he was the father and that is their reason for totally disliking him. Casey pulled another fast one. The parents and Jesse were her idiots. She played the doting parent around Jesse. She couldn't keep up this image very long and had to give him the boot. One thing about these types, they can't hold up the act for very long. She manages to go longer than most I've seen.

I think KC has the emotions of a young teenager,I don't think she is capable of adult emotional attachments.I think she loved Caylee like a teenager would love a small sibling and was also jealous like a young teenager of their little sibling.
I think KC's biggest defect is being emotionally completely immature...and of being the biggest pathological liar I've ever heard of.
That may be due to the alleged sexual abuse but maybe just CA's helicopter parenting .....Sociopath,I never thought so.... IMO

No, I didn't realize that I had to until I just checked my PMs. Unfortunately I have to remain anonymous due to an individual I work with being discussed as a potential suspect in other parts of this site. I checked after I mentioned it earlier and there are lots of posts about them. I am pretty sure they read this site. It would compromise my job. Instead I will speak as a Psych student working towards becoming a Licensed Clinical Therapist who has put in a lot of internship hours rather than make mention of my job in the field. I apologize for any confusion.

Just because you are verified doesn't mean everyone on here will know your name. I was worried about that too but Tricia just checked my license. She is the only one on here that knows my name.

All is a very powerful word.

I should have been more specific...all of the photographic and video evidence that I have seen indicate that ICA had an appropriate emotional attachment to her child. All testimony that I have watched so far has indicated that ICA loved Caylee and was emotionally bonded/attached.

I should have been more specific...all of the photographic and video evidence that I have seen indicate that ICA had an appropriate emotional attachment to her child. All testimony that I have watched so far has indicated that ICA loved Caylee and was emotionally bonded/attached.

When I look at pictures of ICA and Caylee, it appears to me that ICA's smiles are more forced grimmaces than actual smiles, and it appears to be the same in each photo. You could cut the grimmace-smiles and switch them around on the pictures and never know the difference, IMO.

Although the DSM-IV-TR is amazing, it still comes down to the fact that human beings and the human brain is more complex than we can adequately categorize nice and neat. Some people will have traits from one disorder and not another.

ICA still gets a big fat "Casey Syndrome - NOS" diagnosis from me!

And like I've always said...some people are just, well, bad.

I have interpreted the testimony that I have heard so far that it points to the fact that her daughter, CAYLEE, had an emotional attachment to her mother. I would expect nothing less from a 3 year old. Not necessarily the other way around.

When I look at pictures of ICA and Caylee, it appears to me that ICA's smiles are more forced grimmaces than actual smiles, and it appears to be the same in each photo. You could cut the grimmace-smiles and switch them around on the pictures and never know the difference, IMO.

I haven't obsessively followed this case, so maybe I'm coming at it from a slightly different place. Some of it could be that I've interacted with some extremely ill folks over the years and even people most would consider pure evil I still manage to find at least some redeeming qualities in. I've got a pretty deep Rogerian streak in me, too. I see love between both ICA and Caylee in the photos/videos I've seen. But even parents who have killed their children usually do love them and do the best the can with what they know and have been raised to learn.

The family dynamic imo. three years of watching this. Casey's theme song in the negative connotation. At Caylee's expense.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp1ZGW9MdbI[/ame]

I have interpreted the testimony that I have heard so far that it points to the fact that her daughter, CAYLEE, had an emotional attachment to her mother. I would expect nothing less from a 3 year old. Not necessarily the other way around.

I think we're probably just not going to agree on that, and that's okay. :)

By the way, I talked to the administrator and will most likely do the verification a bit later on since my name doesn't have to be made public. :) Have a family cookout to attend first, though.

Perhaps chicklet needs to state that it is his/her opinion regarding the questionable mental health issues/diagnoses, etc. of Casey Anthony and that would clear up any misconception regarding his/her posts. Most all of us on this forum include somewhere in our posts that it is IMO, JMHO, JMO, etc. Some include it in their signature line while others just type it in with their post.

~jmo~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beanut
Back