Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She called Jose her new father in her jail letters, so I think this is right also.

She sucked him right in. Reading those letters, I am certain she exploited his personal vulnerabilities and soothed his insecurities. He loves her like a daughter now.

It's only a matter of time before she pulls the rug out from under him, too. There will come a day when he sits back and says "What kind of person's life did I save here?"

I wonder if she has an inappropriate attachment with him. I kind of hope so :innocent:. I hope when she is out of jail she calls him repeatedly, sends him gifts all the time, and stalks him. I hope she drives him nuts!!!!

Another thing I have been thinking about is what this family was like before Caylee came along...Lee A. was still living at home into his twenties and from his testimony about being so hurt for being "left out" of Casey's pregnancy, comes off as sounding very childlike to me; Casey clearly has some behaviors of a spoiled child, IMO. Were these two ever going to grow up and move out and start their own lives, if not for the change in the household? I just have a feeling that both of them were treated and raised in a way to stay "little children" by Cindy, dependent upon her for everything, no matter how resentful they might become, etc...

Just thinking aloud that this was always a very weird household and that Casey getting pregnant forced changes that some of them were not prepared to deal with. I don't think Casey ever thought of Caylee as her responsibility in any real way, rather like a diversion, something to play with and then leave to her mother when it wasn't "fun" anymore. And I don't think she ever forgave Cindy for holding Caylee first, not because she was desperate to bond but because she was reacting like a spoiled child.

Okay, I am babbling...just can't get the idea out of my mind that this family was totally weird, creepy strange, etc...and that the "flowers in the attic" is not that far off as descriptions go, except I am not sure if the weirdness comes from sexual abuse issues or just some sort of parenting syndrome, i.e. keeping your children as babyish as possible in order to feel they need you.

Do you think he got the "Flowers in the Attic" term from the book by VC Andrews with the same name? That was a disturbing book. There was incest, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and a lot of crazy things in that book.

So... who is really going to take care of Casey now..clean up her messes. Is she capable of living independently. She has always lived with her parents and Cindy always took care of her and covered for her.

I know the defense team are going to help her.. but really? Are they going to personally babysit her everyday? Its one thing for Baez to be her buddy when she is safely in a jail cell and doesn't have a lot of choices.. but now the world of opportunity is open to her...

Casey has only really been on her own those 31 days after Caylee was murdered.. and well.. we know how that turned out...

I don't mean to correct you but, she was not alone that 31 days. She moved in on Tony and his friends. He paid for the house hold bills. He let her use his jeep or gave her rides. She had her new family with him and all the shot girls at fusion.

How many times did JB & CM visit her the last 6 months ? Even the women on the team not only knows the true Casey but they all have their own lifes with no room for her.

JB's wife is BEAUTIFUL and young. She is not gonna put up with him running Casey around town or hanging out with her as her pal. Not gonna happen.

I wonder if she has an inappropriate attachment with him. I kind of hope so :innocent:. I hope when she is out of jail she calls him repeatedly, sends him gifts all the time, and stalks him. I hope she drives him nuts!!!!

You know she did. Her former bf's testimonies all imply that she has a preoccupied attachment style, quickly developing attachments and becoming clingywi th men she dates. A man who was her only contact to the outside world for three years would lead to her having a hard time separating and possibly making assumptions about their 'relationship' (wanting to create emotional intimacy).

Another thing I have been thinking about is what this family was like before Caylee came along...Lee A. was still living at home into his twenties and from his testimony about being so hurt for being "left out" of Casey's pregnancy, comes off as sounding very childlike to me; Casey clearly has some behaviors of a spoiled child, IMO. Were these two ever going to grow up and move out and start their own lives, if not for the change in the household? I just have a feeling that both of them were treated and raised in a way to stay "little children" by Cindy, dependent upon her for everything, no matter how resentful they might become, etc...

Just thinking aloud that this was always a very weird household and that Casey getting pregnant forced changes that some of them were not prepared to deal with. I don't think Casey ever thought of Caylee as her responsibility in any real way, rather like a diversion, something to play with and then leave to her mother when it wasn't "fun" anymore. And I don't think she ever forgave Cindy for holding Caylee first, not because she was desperate to bond but because she was reacting like a spoiled child.

Okay, I am babbling...just can't get the idea out of my mind that this family was totally weird, creepy strange, etc...and that the "flowers in the attic" is not that far off as descriptions go, except yoI am not sure if the weirdness comes from sexual abuse issues or just some sort of parenting syndrome, i.e. keeping your children as babyish as possible in order to feel they need u.

Speaking only as to what I have seen and experienced, which is quite a lot,
sexual abuse is NOT present, but rather the word sex and anything about it is forbidden. However, in some of these cases, again my personal experience, the domineering, controlling person who is perpetuating the dysfunction, hints at being sexually abused in the past. Again, MHO. I am not a psychologist or a chemist.

Have you been verified yet?

I just joined the site a couple of days ago and have not sought that, no. My counselor training was not your typical runway, PHD, etc. so I wasn't planning on it. It is my background though so was just giving my two cents. :twocents:

Just to clarify my above post. I am not saying KC has BPD. It seemed BPD is brought up a lot by people interested in the subject and I recently read that passage and thought I'd share for those interested.

I do not know, because I never performed a psych eval on her, whether she has a mood disorder or PD. She does have a lot of traits that fit one or more PD's, but so do a lot of people.

I would never send away a client because of a diagnosis. But, I reserve the right to discontinue services if I put more time and effort into therapy than they do. I say to myself, "Who is working harder, them or me." And if I feel I am, I explore that with them and give them options to other psychologists or therapists in my area.

Just because I put "they are not good candidates for therapy" doesn't mean they shouldn't be in therapy, I implying the success rate is low.

I think I'd send my loved one elsewhere just the same. I prefer mental health professionals with positive attitudes about the outcome of treatment. While my mother still has issues with her borderline personality disorder (I totally agree with you that they can never be cured) she has improved in ways I never thought possible.. I am able to have a relationship with her now. I will be forever grateful to the therapist who was willing to work hard and never gave up on her.

I just joined the site a couple of days ago and have not sought that, no. My counselor training was not your typical runway, PHD, etc. so I wasn't planning on it. It is my background though so was just giving my two cents. :twocents:

That's cool.. it's just the rules here, if you say you are a professional you have to verify it with Tricia or one of the mods.

WS friends, I am making a pest of myself by bumping my own post, but I didn't see that anyone answered this question.

Does anybody know what Dr Weitz was referring to when he said that KC has "suffered many loses, significant loses"? I'm scratching my head about it and wondering if I overlooked something during the past three years.

I noticed in the interview with Weitz, he said "What is known is she suffered many losses, significant losses, and so, obviously, the issue of trauma and reactions to trauma could be explored as a reasonable psychological consideration."

Does anybody know what he is talking about concerning many losses, significant loses?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28537940/detail.html

WS friends, I am making a pest of myself by bumping my own post, but I didn't see that anyone answered this question.

Does anybody know what Dr Weitz was referring to when he said that KC has "suffered many loses, significant loses"? I'm scratching my head about it and wondering if I overlooked something during the past three years.

You aren't a pest!

I'm clueless.. a couple dogs.. a cat and her child. All her grandparents are still alive.. aunts and uncles too as far as we know and the family isn't even close. My guess is she told the shrink the same story she told others, that Caylee's father died on the way to Caylee's birthday party and that she later had a miscarriage with B. Snow's baby (Neither of which I believe). Those are the only stories of loss we have heard of her telling, right?!

Jonathan Kellerman, a clinical psychologist turned mystery writer wrote the following about BPD. It is a well written piece about the disorder I wanted to share. Many of you that now Borderline's will relate:

The borderline patient is a therapist's nightmare...because borderlines never really get better. The best you can do is help them coast, whithout getting sucked into their pathology...They're the chronically depressed, the determinedly addictive, the compulsively divorced, living from one emotional disaster to the next. Bed hoppers, stomach pumpers, freeway jumpers, and sad-eyed bench-sitters with arms stitched up like footballs and psychic wounds that can never be sutured. Their egos are as fragile as spun sugar, their psyches irretrievably fragmented, like a jigsaw puzzle with crucial pieces missing. They play roles with alacrity, excel at being anyone but themselves, crave initmacy but repel it when they find it. Some of them gravitate toward stage or screen; others do their acting in more subtle ways.

Borderlines go from therapist to therapist, hoping to find a magic bullet for the crushing feelings of emptiness. They turn to chemical bullets, gobble tranquilizers and antidepressants, alcohol and cocaine. Embrace gurus and heaven-hucksters, any charismatic creep promising a quick fix of the pain. And they end up taking temporary vacations in psychiatric wards and prison cells, emerge looking good, raising everyone's hopes. Until the next letdown, real or imagined, the next excursion into self damage.

What they don't do is change.

There is no reason to be so negative about a group of people with a personality disorder. There are evidence based treatments for this disorder. I don't know what year that person stopped practicing, but things are moving toward a much less stigmatizing, dehumanizing, disgusting view of people which mental health professionals are supposed to be treating. Sounds like an attitude from the 50's imo when people were simply (wrongly) locked up and ousted from society and given up on.

Too bad some people are still stuck in the past. How could anyone hope to improve if they were treated by someone with Mr. Kellerman's attitude?

Someone mentioned possible reasons of Lee moving out of the home and the dysfunction. It may be as simple as Casey starting a bunch of trouble or accusing him of something in order to force him out. She couldn't very well come home every day when she was supposed to be at a fake job with Lee running in and out of the home going about his business. Casey will never get any help or become a good person unless she she admits the truth to someone. As it looks right now she is still coming up with more whoppers and there'll be even more if she ever gets an interview. She can get away with any lie she wants and no one can do a thing unless another crime is committed and she's caught. It's so unfair. A male who does things gets death penalty and she gets set free because she's a girl and George seems suspicious due to her lies and manipulations.

didn't she lose the "hot body contest"?

I don't know if it was Dr. Weitz, but one expert did say that she'd suffered losses. The loss of her child, her family, friends, home, and been locked up for 3 years.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question about KC's "losses". I thought Weitz was referring to losses before Caylee was murdered as a reason for her actions. There is no telling what sob stories she told him about her so-called life.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Great thought!!! Me too!

Since Nancy G has been showing the jail-house tapes of Casey interacting with her family members, I have been thinking a lot about Lee.

I have a feeling the tears we saw from Lee were not about his disappoint of not being part of Casey's pregancy. What I think he feels is humiliation and embarrassment of being taken in by his sisters lies.

We see tapes of him at the jail hanging on her every word as he puts on his detective hat and tries to solve the mystery of where Caylee might be. You can see he is sincere. He is determined. But, she led him on. She let him spend his time and energy to look for her child when in all possibility Caylee was dead all along. What a betrail between Casey and her brother. His pride must have been crushed. If anything, he was crying for himself.

Lee lied on the stand, not unlike the rest of the family. When he claims he is upset enough to cry while on the stand now than he was at the deposition, he says it was because at the time of the depositon he did not believe Caylee was dead. But ooops! He gave that deposition six months after
he took part in a funeral/memorial for his niece, Caylee. When her remains has been discovered.

He was caught! And that must have been a very embarassing moment for him - to look like such a dope. He knew immediately that he was appearing guilible and foolish.

I believe Lee finally wants no part of this family but I doubt he can pull away so easily. He must feel so disconnected. And is probably having a difficult time trying to put his life together and move on. He will always be her brother and that must be a cross he has to bare for his entire life.

Forgive me folks, but as I write this, I would not be surprised that Lee would be the next Anthony family member to try to take his life. He is far more troubled than we can imagine.
JMO

Since Nancy G has been showing the jail-house tapes of Casey interacting with her family members, I have been thinking a lot about Lee.

I have a feeling the tears we saw from Lee were not about his disappoint of not being part of Casey's pregancy. What I think he feels is humiliation and embarrassment of being taken in by his sisters lies.

We see tapes of him at the jail hanging on her every word as he puts on his detective hat and tries to solve the mystery of where Caylee might be. You can see he is sincere. He is determined. But, she led him on. She let him spend his time and energy to look for her child when in all possibility Caylee was dead all along. What a betrail between Casey and her brother. His pride must have been crushed. If anything, he was crying for himself.

Lee lied on the stand, not unlike the rest of the family. When he claims he is upset enough to cry while on the stand now than he was at the deposition, he says it was because at the time of the depositon he did not believe Caylee was dead. But ooops! He gave that deposition six months after
he took part in a funeral/memorial for his niece, Caylee. When her remains has been discovered.

He was caught! And that must have been a very embarassing moment for him - to look like such a dope. He knew immediately that he was appearing guilible and foolish.

I believe Lee finally wants no part of this family but I doubt he can pull away so easily. He must feel so disconnected. And is probably having a difficult time trying to put his life together and move on. He will always be her brother and that must be a cross he has to bare for his entire life.

Forgive me folks, but as I write this, I would not be surprised that Lee would be the next Anthony family member to try to take his life. He is far more troubled than we can imagine.
JMO

I agree with pretty much what you've said. I know he lied, but I saw a broken spirit. What I saw was that little boy inside that was torn apart. As the old adage goes," the squeaky wheel gets the oil". I think alot more was expected of him, and whenever something happened I think Lee got the heat. After all he was the oldest, he should know better.

It would not surprise me if Lee was made to purchase his Mustang because now it was Casey's time to drive.

I think his fiance did all she could to try and make it as easy for him as possible so it would not be another arrow from the family had she said otherwise. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back