Casey and George give just about identical descriptions of Caylee's clothes

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cindy can be heard on the last 911 call speaking to George saying "George! Caylee is gone!!" (or something very close to that.) I believe at the end of that call, Casey is the one speaking to LE and she says to the dispatcher that they have arrived.
Yes to you, Mom4life and Riverrat,
You can hear Cindy talking to him at mark 1:22.
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html

. . . and then this coincidence has been bothering me, too.

George's familiar description of the last time he saw KC and Caylee on June 16: "Casey's father, George, saw Casey and Caylee leave for the day. He recalled Caylee wearing a denim skirt and a pink top, with white tennis shoes. She was carrying a little backpack with images of monkeys on it. She had on a pair of white-rimmed sunglasses and her hair was pulled into a ponytail."

and http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar..._timeline.html

From News 13's timeline: "June 12: George Anthony says Caylee was spotted by friends of the Anthony family in a shopping area near the Orange-Seminole county lines. She was wearing a pink and blue outfit and white-rimmed sunglasses."

Same clothes 4 days apart? Seems strange to me with all the outfits the A's provided for Caylee. Or was something else going on? Was GA's memory bad or worse? Does it seem strange to you all, too?

I am actually sure George's description of Caylee's clothes does not come from what he remembers seeing. rather it comes from one of the initial conversations with KC. When she first started with the "Zanny took her" stories, I am sure that George asked what was she wearing. As someone above said, she probably replied something like "well don
t you remember Daddy it was the pink shirt and jean shorts that she left the house in". Apparently it takes alot for George to mentally filter out or question his daughters lies. And she is a master manipulator at inserting little lies that so many people take as truth, just because noone would ever even question why someone would lie about some of these sorts of things. She is a Sociopath. It's what they do.

Just look at so many threads here on this board that involve so many people spinning their mental wheels over KC's bullsh@ting. The "Was KC really Zanny" and "Who might have actually been Zanny" threads are the best examples. Reality check here. There is no Zanny the Nanny, there never was a Zanny the Nanny, A Zanny the Nanny will never ever be found. It is a KC lie, nothing more. It's how she manipulates people and the world about her. Georges description of seeing Caylee and what she was wearing is just more of the same.

I really think George did at least try and be as honest as he reasonably could with LE at least initially. He said alot of things then that he would not have said if he was committed to covering up or protecting KC. And his description of her departure on the 16th was one of his early statements. So at the very least some element of it might be real. I just wonder if there are pieces of that event that George is still trying to come to terms with, or that have not been said. My one chilling thought is that George did see KC carrying Caylee out that morning. Probably wrapped in a blanket, in KC's arms. KC probably just did some gesture to him to indicate she was taking a sleeping child to the nanny (not an unusual scene with a 2 year old) so no noise was made, in order not to wake the toddler. Who was probably already dead at this point.

That I think is part of George's deep dark secret. the one that truly haunts him. And the one that he just can't bring himself to accept. That he may have watched his daughter callously and casually carry his granddaughters lifeless body out to the car as if it was a normal day. The second part is that he probably saw the laundry bag in KC's trunkl during the gas can incident. he may have even gotten a whiff of something at the time. Enough that he may be agonizing over what he did in fact see then, or simply mentally shutting it all down.

I think at trial George will eventually be the states most compelling witness. And I think it will be him in the end, whether he wants to or not, that convicts his daughter.

I am actually sure George's description of Caylee's clothes does not come from what he remembers seeing. rather it comes from one of the initial conversations with KC. When she first started with the "Zanny took her" stories, I am sure that George asked what was she wearing. As someone above said, she probably replied something like "well don
t you remember Daddy it was the pink shirt and jean shorts that she left the house in". Apparently it takes alot for George to mentally filter out or question his daughters lies. And she is a master manipulator at inserting little lies that so many people take as truth, just because noone would ever even question why someone would lie about some of these sorts of things. She is a Sociopath. It's what they do.

Just look at so many threads here on this board that involve so many people spinning their mental wheels over KC's bullsh@ting. The "Was KC really Zanny" and "Who might have actually been Zanny" threads are the best examples. Reality check here. There is no Zanny the Nanny, there never was a Zanny the Nanny, A Zanny the Nanny will never ever be found. It is a KC lie, nothing more. It's how she manipulates people and the world about her. Georges description of seeing Caylee and what she was wearing is just more of the same.

I really think George did at least try and be as honest as he reasonably could with LE at least initially. He said alot of things then that he would not have said if he was committed to covering up or protecting KC. And his description of her departure on the 16th was one of his early statements. So at the very least some element of it might be real. I just wonder if there are pieces of that event that George is still trying to come to terms with, or that have not been said. My one chilling thought is that George did see KC carrying Caylee out that morning. Probably wrapped in a blanket, in KC's arms. KC probably just did some gesture to him to indicate she was taking a sleeping child to the nanny (not an unusual scene with a 2 year old) so no noise was made, in order not to wake the toddler. Who was probably already dead at this point.

That I think is part of George's deep dark secret. the one that truly haunts him. And the one that he just can't bring himself to accept. That he may have watched his daughter callously and casually carry his granddaughters lifeless body out to the car as if it was a normal day. The second part is that he probably saw the laundry bag in KC's trunkl during the gas can incident. he may have even gotten a whiff of something at the time. Enough that he may be agonizing over what he did in fact see then, or simply mentally shutting it all down.

I think at trial George will eventually be the states most compelling witness. And I think it will be him in the end, whether he wants to or not, that convicts his daughter.

One possibility is that he remembers June 16 because (SPECULATION ALERT--please don't ask for links) on June 17 or so he saw the gate open and pool ladder up and started thinking paranoid thoughts about "maybe Caylee drowned", then later in the week he thought "wow Casey's never been gone for more than a day...maybe Caylee really did drown and Casey's in hiding", then on June 23 the shed was broken into and he thought "who but Casey would have done this, and why is she lying to Mom and saying she's out of town if she's here in Orlando stealing my gas cans," then the next day he caught Casey at the house and she had no reasonable explanation for Caylee's absence: "I don't have time for this Dad" or something like that...and he thought but wasn't absolutely sure that he caught a whiff of a smell in the car that he'd smelled years before...and saw some laundry that maybe just maybe could have been concealing his granddaughter's body...and then he tried to banish those thoughts but he's seen enough bad things in his time as a cop to know that these nightmare scenarios sometimes come true.

So he might have been reviewing the last time he saw Caylee in his head every couple of days for that entire month, every time something new came up about Casey, with what he hoped was just a paranoid hunch that he might be asked one day, "what was your granddaughter wearing the last time you saw her"?

Do we have an interview from the police of these friends who saw Caylee on that day and verified with them that they actually saw her?? With all the docs I mught have missed it..

. . . and then this coincidence has been bothering me, too.

George's familiar description of the last time he saw KC and Caylee on June 16: "Casey's father, George, saw Casey and Caylee leave for the day. He recalled Caylee wearing a denim skirt and a pink top, with white tennis shoes. She was carrying a little backpack with images of monkeys on it. She had on a pair of white-rimmed sunglasses and her hair was pulled into a ponytail."

and http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar..._timeline.html

From News 13's timeline: "June 12: George Anthony says Caylee was spotted by friends of the Anthony family in a shopping area near the Orange-Seminole county lines. She was wearing a pink and blue outfit and white-rimmed sunglasses."

Same clothes 4 days apart? Seems strange to me with all the outfits the A's provided for Caylee. Or was something else going on? Was GA's memory bad or worse? Does it seem strange to you all, too?

A close musician friend of ours and currently the president of our bank told me that if one of his family members committed a crime they are to stay silent, not utter a word while being interviewd. I can't help but feel this has been The A's mode of responding to date. Certainly those words of direction have been used by KC and family to avoid and deflect. As others have said, you don't drive a decomp making you want to hold your head out the window and puke on the home and go to work, "Like any normal day". The A's have reference that word and its meaning throughout the case. I'v come to the conclusion that when they refer to things days events being normal that is when things are the most abnormal. The family has worked hard at flowery talk to dispell the truth. Done for the day, Hubby came home early. I might be in time out!

Sorry the friend I was refering to is ex Sft. Detective lLE. Didn't want anyone to think he was just another dude.

Do we have an interview from the police of these friends who saw Caylee on that day and verified with them that they actually saw her?? With all the docs I mught have missed it..

I'm not aware of one, Mom4life (unless I missed it, too). But this quote was widely reported (word for word if you google the phrase) in the media. It seems I remember reading some speculation on who it was that saw her but can't remember who or where now ~ too many details already crowding my brain. Sorry. :confused:

After reading up on previous docs I am feel certain in believing they collaborated together. I am trying not to veer off topic too much but after reviewing statements and interviews made on the day when Caylee was reported missing I noticed that no one gave a similar account of what happened after KC was found by CA...I even went to the police report filed to try to see where everyone was when they arrived..I can see having a few things off but nothing seems similar to me..If they can't get that day sounding the same it is almost incredulous to believe the clothes Caylee was last seen wearing...I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate thread to list all the inconsistent statements and how different they all are...

Thanks for bringing it back around JBean ! Yes, the clothing...now the shirt that was found w/ the remains was pink but had lettering on it.."Big trouble comes in small packages" is what I think it said. I would think if this was the shirt they were trying to describe they would have included the lettering. Now in one of the later document dumps there were pictures of Caylee's dresser, in the home, and one pic was taken of a pink shirt folded up right next to a jeans skirt of Caylee's. I will try to find that pic, but when I saw it my immediate thought was the outfit George and Casey described. I believe it was in the pictures that were taken after the remains were found...I will get looking.

I remember that picture. The pink shirt in the dresser says 'I get my good looks from my Mother'

A description of the clothing is one of the standard questions in a missing person report (BTDT).

When writing a statement, it usually follows verbal Q and A, you are then asked to write down those answers in your own words.

When GA wrote his statement, he didn't mention clothing so it is unlikely that he remembered what she was wearing. This is not unusual given the time lapse.

The most peculiar thing about the clothing description is the addition of the ponytail ~ a hair style would fall into the physical description category. Height, weight, hair etc.
So the fact that they BOTH mention this 'additional' information suggests that GA is repeating KC's description.
Again ~ not odd, since they were compiling posters and NCMEC poster templates have an area for "last seen wearing".

It seems odd to us as GA appears to use the clothing to add weight to his seeing Caylee at 12.50pm. ( this is inconsistent with KC's statement saying she dropped Caylee of between 9am and 1pm. )

However the prosecutor will simply ask, "What was Caylee wearing when you saw her on the 16th?".

GA will respond.

SA will ask "And what was KC wearing that day?" (repeat for each person he saw that day).

GA won't recall.

SA will ask, "What was so significant about Caylees attire that you can recall it a month later?"

Lie exposed!

He does know what KC was wearing that day however ; charcoal pants and an off-white shirt. so he will stick with that.

I would think that during the month that Caylee was gone, Cindy and George would have had to think about the last time they saw her. Wouldn't that be a normal part of the thought process, if you hadn't seen your Granddaughter and were constantly being given stories as to why you couldn't speak with her ? As far as Cindy goes, she had to ask George about the 16th or the last time he saw Casey and Caylee, during the time they were away from the home.

George described Caylee's clothing in his interview with LE on August 4, 2008 - page 10 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/georgeanthony aug4.pdf

He said, "And I know she was dressed in her little uh, blue jean skirt, the white tennis shoes, um" and "She had a pinkish color top. One of those uh, one has a sleeve on it. She had her little sunglasses on, they was white rim sunglasses. Her hair was in a ponytail that day; I remember that very, very well."

One of those uh, one has a sleeve on it.
Any ideas of what he meant by this?

So how about we discuss the significance of the clothing description:blowkiss:

perhaps their descriptions were the same because that is what she was wearing?
Just throwing it out there

Do we know the status of this outfit or if it was located among KC's things?

I'm guessing Caylee had multiple pairs of jean shorts and lots of pink shirts.

You would think that it would be easier to remember the date of the last time you saw your missing granddaughter than all the detail of what she had been wearing. If you were going to keep track of something it seems like it would be the date. But, then, nothing makes any sense in this whole case!

I'm not aware of one, Mom4life (unless I missed it, too). But this quote was widely reported (word for word if you google the phrase) in the media. It seems I remember reading some speculation on who it was that saw her but can't remember who or where now ~ too many details already crowding my brain. Sorry. :confused:
Mom4Life & ExpectingUnicorns,

Read more about that in the analysis forum [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83964"]Friend of family saw Caylee June 12th...maybe? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

but don't just read my first post in the thread - IIRC I had to change my thoughts when someone pointed out the pings didn't match my theory - I still don't have a definite theory on that sighting or the 12th or the 9th for that matter - but I think I'm asking some of the same questions you are in regards to that sighting in that thread

One possibility is that he remembers June 16 because (SPECULATION ALERT--please don't ask for links) on June 17 or so he saw the gate open and pool ladder up and started thinking paranoid thoughts about "maybe Caylee drowned", then later in the week he thought "wow Casey's never been gone for more than a day...maybe Caylee really did drown and Casey's in hiding", then on June 23 the shed was broken into and he thought "who but Casey would have done this, and why is she lying to Mom and saying she's out of town if she's here in Orlando stealing my gas cans," then the next day he caught Casey at the house and she had no reasonable explanation for Caylee's absence: "I don't have time for this Dad" or something like that...and he thought but wasn't absolutely sure that he caught a whiff of a smell in the car that he'd smelled years before...and saw some laundry that maybe just maybe could have been concealing his granddaughter's body...and then he tried to banish those thoughts but he's seen enough bad things in his time as a cop to know that these nightmare scenarios sometimes come true.

So he might have been reviewing the last time he saw Caylee in his head every couple of days for that entire month, every time something new came up about Casey, with what he hoped was just a paranoid hunch that he might be asked one day, "what was your granddaughter wearing the last time you saw her"?

Can't snip without losing context.

This only works if George told KC what to describe to LE.
Since she describes the same clothing, but Caylee was found wearing different shorts. We don't know about hair thingys or sunglasses.

Casy and Georges description match, but they are identically wrong. If he really saw them, then KC not only duct taped her baby, but removed her shoes and changed her shorts.

Thinking the date thing over.. something crossed my mind. When my kid was about that age, I used to have different clothes for different days of the week.. Monday his red shorts and stiped blue/white t-shirt.. tuesday his blue jean shorts and yellow t-shirt.. that sort of thing.

I didn't follow it slavishly, but just generally kept certain 'sets' of clothes together, and used them in rotation. Often of course, he had to be changed before the day was over, so there was a sort of slush drawer of clothes, mostly shorts or pants that I would use for those days. Stuff that was a little too small, or too big or that I didn't like too much, but 'would do' ..
Anyway, the A's are so organized that they may have done something similar. Perhaps this led to them saying 'If it was a Monday, she would have been wearing her pink shirt and blue jean shorts' and everyone would have agreed that was likely true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qfemale
Back