Casey Anthony and Tony L.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is one of those "surprise" moments for me. Was this ever addressed/answered, how Lee got Tony's number?

It was discussed (in detail, iirc) but I don't recall if it was ever figured out. I'd check with BJB or JWG.

This is one of those "surprise" moments for me. Was this ever addressed/answered, how Lee got Tony's number?

Trying to remember but I think they got the number from Amy.

Here you go post 24

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93000"]Events Post 911 Calls Up to 7-16 Arrest - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I thought they got the number from her "online phone records"???

I'm sure this isn't new to anyone here, but I had never seen it before- I've read about Casey writing "casey lazzaro" before on paper, but never saw the actual photo of the paper until I saw this on youtube, it's a short clip and the paper is shown at the end.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbbvBs88srE[/ame]

I'm sure this isn't new to anyone here, but I had never seen it before- I've read about Casey writing "casey lazzaro" before on paper, but never saw the actual photo of the paper until I saw this on youtube, it's a short clip and the paper is shown at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbbvBs88srE

Thanks, Gnatcatcher.

I remember it being talked about, but hadn't actually seen it. It really weirds me out to see the childish scrawl, and then realize that it was written by a 23 yr old woman.

Maybe she was practicing her check writing signature.

I'd never seen the pic of Caylee from the final shot of the video, when she has her face painted. What a sweet little girl. Thanks, Gnatcatcher.

BBM. I have found several High school classmates by doing just that.:)
Without typing in a network, you can search people by name alone, then narrow it down based on their location, sex.

I would think that he got it from Casey.............
...except that even Casey didn't know it...remember her asking for it in jail?

IIRC we thought that AH probably passed on the info. But it was a very long time ago...so I could be misremembering.

This would make sense,... but it just makes me think he is more involved then it has been led to believe...

IIRC Tony was very cooperative with LE's investigation from the outset and was eliminated very early on as a suspect.

Finally found the pics of these two that I have been looking for fooooorever!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23562670@N07/sets/72157605539805092/

KC & TL at Voyage...Aside from TL & KC, are any of these people recognizable? Not that it matters in light of the direction this case is taking, but I guess ya never know...These are from 06/06/08.

I think these were discussed awhile back in the WW thread downstairs. Don't hold me to it though, ok? It's been awhile!

I just see the ones of Tony, but not Casey. I don't recognize any of the other people in there though.

There are only two of KC, though I swore there were more of her out there somewhere at this same venue. You have to go nearly to the end to find her.

IIRC Tony was very cooperative with LE's investigation from the outset and was eliminated very early on as a suspect.

well.....he was treated very well by police and he and his roommates and their apartment seemed to be eliminated amazingly early on. LOL

when you consider that there was a missing child (who in fact LE were presuming to be dead judging from all their actions and statements, and they knew this was the apartment where Casey was living right up til her arrest and where Casey had brought Caylee frequently prior to her disappearance.)

I was just noticing tonight in his, I think July 22 interview (Tony L), I'd never noticed it before. The detective only said that Tony had "given permission for his phone to be searched", but that no search or download was going to occur on his phone, his phone was not searched. The detective stated that LE was "unable to download" from his phone due to their software, so instead they just took a photo of the June 2 picture of Caylee on his phone. Period. Okay..... I had never noticed that before. Wonder what was so unusual about his phone that LE wouldn't be able to download from it? :waitasec:

and Cameron also said in one of the early interviews he had just gotten a new phone, but did they take in the new one or get the old one?

anyway, amazing to me. Was a search done on their phones later? Or the other roommates (Nate/Clint?). And only a fast walk-through of the apartment to verify that Caylee wasn't there. Amazing in a case where a child was missing (and by all appearances actually presumed to be dead by the police....)

maybe TL's step dad or whoever it was, his parents had already spoken to LE at this point? Amazing to me how TL was made LE's best friend and "helper" right from the start. I could never understand it. It just didn't make sense to me in a missing child case. JMO

well.....he was treated very well by police and he and his roommates and their apartment seemed to be eliminated amazingly early on. LOL

when you consider that there was a missing child (who in fact LE were presuming to be dead judging from all their actions and statements, and they knew this was the apartment where Casey was living right up til her arrest and where Casey had brought Caylee frequently prior to her disappearance.)

I was just noticing tonight in his, I think July 22 interview (Tony L), I'd never noticed it before. The detective only said that Tony had "given permission for his phone to be searched", but that no search or download was going to occur on his phone, his phone was not searched. The detective stated that LE was "unable to download" from his phone due to their software, so instead they just took a photo of the June 2 picture of Caylee on his phone. Period. Okay..... I had never noticed that before. Wonder what was so unusual about his phone that LE wouldn't be able to download from it? :waitasec:

and Cameron also said in one of the early interviews he had just gotten a new phone, but did they take in the new one or get the old one?

anyway, amazing to me. Was a search done on their phones later? Or the other roommates (Nate/Clint?). And only a fast walk-through of the apartment to verify that Caylee wasn't there. Amazing in a case where a child was missing (and by all appearances actually presumed to be dead by the police....)

maybe TL's step dad or whoever it was, his parents had already spoken to LE at this point? Amazing to me how TL was made LE's best friend and "helper" right from the start. LOL

BBM
1. I assume he was treated no differently than others. He was not a suspect.

2. By KC's own admission she had not seen Caylee in 31 days.

3. There are some phones that require additional software to extract info. Wasn't this a matter of them not being able to extract it right there with the cable?

4. We have seen from the doc dumps that there was discussion about TonE's roomie being able to facilitate a connection for recreational drugs haven't we? LE made it clear that they were not concerned about that and that they wanted to find Caylee.

5. If any of the roomies or TonE had admitted to drug use. I assume they would want to be helpful.

Finally found the pics of these two that I have been looking for fooooorever!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23562670@N07/sets/72157605539805092/

KC & TL at Voyage...Aside from TL & KC, are any of these people recognizable? Not that it matters in light of the direction this case is taking, but I guess ya never know...These are from 06/06/08.

are they from 6/6 or 6/10, oh I see maybe they were uploaded on 6/10.

There are several of Troy B, in the gray long sleeved shirt with black tuxedo t-shirt underneath, right? Later just in the Tshirt. (Was it his birthday? I can't remember off the top of my head.) At first I thought the girl in the blue dress smooching him was Casey! LOL. Casey is wearing a black top. There are a several of Tony L in gray Tshirt and white ball cap, not sure if some of the other guys are any of his friends or roommates, I recognize the dark blond glasses guy but not sure where I've seen him before, maybe in Full Sail graduation party pictures or Fusian pictures? Is there anyone else we know? I kind of thought I saw JP barely visible behind someone but I'm not sure. I can't remember now who all said they went to Voyage that night. Thanks for the link it is interesting to view these again now :)

edited to add: Oh, Clint is there in the black striped shirt and black ball cap, I think it's picture 48, with glasses guy behind, and Tony L texting. One or two other guys seem vaguely familiar, the guy with the sideswept long black bangs, maybe CC had a picture with his hair like that on a website, but I don't think it's him is it?

BBM
1. I assume he was treated no differently than others. He was not a suspect.

2. By KC's own admission she had not seen Caylee in 31 days.

3. There are some phones that require additional software to extract info. Wasn't this a matter of them not being able to extract it right there with the cable?

4. We have seen from the doc dumps that there was discussion about TonE's roomie being able to facilitate a connection for recreational drugs haven't we? LE made it clear that they were not concerned about that and that they wanted to find Caylee.

5. If any of the roomies or TonE had admitted to drug use. I assume they would want to be helpful.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. From what I saw and heard in the interviews he, his roommates, and the apartment were investigated amazingly little for a case of a missing child who was actually presumed by police to be dead and given the circumstances. IMO, I had to laugh at the sugary way LE spoke to TL and praised him in the interviews, and how they mentioned having spoken to his father and how helpful TL had been in their investigation, etc, etc. I do think he was treated differently than some others, for example RM.

Yes, you are right, they were not interested at all in the drug usage going on in the apartment by the guys, they appeared to only want to know if Casey was using anything or had obtained Xanax from any of them. NL said he smoked a pipe daily and was on "Depakote for bipolar" but had not used Xanax in some time and had never provided it to anyone else, IIRC. I think NL is the one who said that Caylee would sit on the couch and watch TV with him and CC when TL and Casey would be asleep in the other room, IIRC. CC said he was able to get different drugs for people and does, including weed (what kind? "Crippy") and Xanax, but never for Casey. He said he usually smoked a pipe in the afternoon or evening I think to relax, IIRC, and he said he "peer pressured" Casey to smoke with them--he said she was not a drug user but he did get her to use it with them during those weeks she was living there. Supposedly she spent quite a bit of time on the couch with them watching TV while Tony wasn't there, IIRC. I don't think we ever heard an interview with Clint on the subject, did we? Maybe I forgot. What did TonyL say to Lee, something about his "drug dealer"? I would have to listen to that again to verify.....but by NL's and CC's statements Tony L was not a drug user and neither was Casey.

Yes, the detective made a point of stating on tape that Tony L had given permission for his phone to be searched but it couldn't be with their software so a picture was just taken of his phone showing the June 2 picture of Caylee on it. I don't know if they downloaded and searched his phone later, one would expect so but I'm not sure. I was very surprised, I had not remembered that about how they documented the picture.

maybe TL's step dad or whoever it was, his parents had already spoken to LE at this point? Amazing to me how TL was made LE's best friend and "helper" right from the start. I could never understand it. It just didn't make sense to me in a missing child case. JMO

Nothing amazing about it. TL was truthful and Casey's bizarre lying and other nonsense pretty much clued LE in that Casey was the one to investigate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC
Back