Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wholeheartedly disagree with your interpretation of winning but each to his own. It's a sad day when people consider the truth irrelevant and deceit and subterfuge are appropriate substitutes.

Yes it is winning at any and all costs.

The DT did further damage to an already damaged justice system taking it to a new low in sleaze and dirty trick tactics to get high profile client off and ... not only that ... sponsored a whole new spat of KC copy cat child killers.

Way to win! If this is where our standards are headed then by 'gaming' the system we are rewarding those who do bad/evil things with notoriety that becomes celebrity and $$$$$s.

How many more children need to suffer and die before we recognize that the focus needs to be on the victims and it isn't about 'winning' but doing right by justice?

In theory we have compassion, ethics, morals, standards -- capitalism is great but it should not come at the cost of humanity.

Take a deep breath :)
I predict that Whoraldo will help Baez to repair his horrible reputation and he will become a sucessful attorney who primarily represents Hispanic clients.

I think this is the reason for the move, and the press from Whoraldo that Baez is "over it".

JMO

Thanks for that because I was taking it more literally....explode - ka-bang! ....:great:

The Florida Rules of Professional Conduct are the ethical rules that apply to attorneys in Florida. Below is the applicable section of the rules. You can judge for yourselves whether Jose Baez complied:

Rule 4-3.3 Candor Toward the Tribunal

(a) False Evidence; Duty to Disclose.

A lawyer shall not knowingly:

(1) make a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal;

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl/code/FL_CODE.HTM#Rule_4-3.1

Snipped: :waitasec: FOR SURE Jose did not attend any of the classes on Ethics ...

:waitasec: oh yeah -- I remember in one of his interviews he said he would "skip class" so he could watch the O.J. Trial ...

:waitasec:

Thanks for that because I was taking it more literally....explode - ka-bang! ....:great:

Anytime :)
And you know much sucess we are all going to wish him, right?
I would love to see him destitute, penniless, shacked up with FCA eating licorice but I don't see it happening.

Snipped: :waitasec: FOR SURE Jose did not attend any of the classes on Ethics ...

:waitasec: oh yeah -- I remember in one of his interviews he said he would "skip class" so he could watch the O.J. Trial ...

:waitasec:

He never attended an ethics class in his life and if he did, he had his ear phones on. And that's the truth!

However SCAMP - Had KC been found guilty - the we would have seen a lot more of the truth re her personality from Baez in order to save her from death. But it never got that far. It is hard to take but it is true.

I'm sitting here imagining what kind of expressions and behavior we would have seen while her personality and other issues about her were being testified to in court. Particularly since it would be her defense team putting most of this on as a means of mitigating her actions. She would have had to be in a straight jacket and mask on for the reactions not to have been seen. It would have been a good show, for sure.

IMO

Anytime :)
And you know much sucess we are all going to wish him, right?
I would love to see him destitute, penniless, shacked up with FCA eating licorice but I don't see it happening.

Can I make one teensy suggestion/correction? Can we change shacked up to shackled up? Pretty please....:woohoo:

Oh dear ...Way O/T - back to staying the course on is Baez dumping or being dumped by OCA?

Just because someone watches the news it does not mean they are automatically biased. Plenty of people thought she might have been innocent, even if they had seen the news.

You are right that they were not a 'bright' jury. And that is a direct connection to the fact that they do not watch or listen to anything going on around them. Direct correlation, imo.

I understand and there were those on the jury who did watch the news and said they could put it aside. Did they ever.

I'm sitting here imagining what kind of expressions and behavior we would have seen while her personality and other issues about her were being testified to in court. Particularly since it would be her defense team putting most of this on as a means of mitigating her actions. She would have had to be in a straight jacket and mask on for the reactions not to have been seen. It would have been a good show, for sure.

IMO

She would have cried the whole time; that is no problem for her.

I'd like to see a headline where George Anthony finally acquires a spine and is suing his daughter KC Anthony for wrongful death - especially after what has recently hit the news.

What is the worst thing you can say about a man - not that he is a murderer, or rapist or anything else - the worst thing you can say is he is a pedophile (sp?) And KC has and he does nothing. I don't understand him at all. I would be up all night writing the motion papers and at the court first thing. Wrongful death you b$#%! Wrongful death of my granddaughter and he would win and she would have to pay him with all that supposed interview money coming her way. I am soooooooooooooooooo off topic. Sorry.

BBM

I think I've seen where the lawyers on this forum have stated he has no standing to file a wrongful death suit. Unfortunately, even if he ever wanted to, doesn't sound like he could.

IMO

No, it does not make the truth irrelevant to me - it makes it irrelevant to the defense attorney - he wants to get his client off. He is not going to tell them what he thinks is the truth and hope that they find her innocent. He is going to put up whatever sticks and hope it will work and he did and it did.

Defense lawyers do it all the time; at least on the shows I have seen and I watch them all the time; they blame another family member, they blame a best friend, they blame a witness. This did not start with Baez.

This is reality and Baez did what he was supposed to do as hard as it was to watch for ALL of us. He did it and he won.

Baez didn't win because he is a remarkable attorney, he was aided and abetted by the judge's bias against the prosecution, the appeasing by the judge of the defense noticed by the jury, the apathetic jury wanting to please the judge and go home as quickly as possible, JB"S outrageous lies, Casey's cry me a river whenever the jury was present, her parents lies....ad infinitum.
Baez most of the time looked like a bumbling idiot. While most thought he had overplayed his hand in the opening statements, to a gormless jury of 12 I guess that was as far as their collective attention span stretched. And as most of the country watched and were horrified at the verdict, the win was hollow and has little value other than what not to do.

There is no kudos in this empty win for Mr Baez but it does count as a win for dishonesty and disrespect for the law, I'll give you that.

The really weird thing is I often wonder if he would have done himself and his career more good if she'd been found guilty and he'd been seen as "fighting the gallant fight" for this client. I think he would have gotten the media attention and $$ he seems to crave.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Yes! I truly believe that was the DT strategy, to fight the good fight, remove the DP and, go on many press and book tours to talk about how they fought the impossible fight.

This scenario frees them all to cash in. The NG result :maddening: together with the probation really locked them in and was completely unexpected and undesired. :banghead:

I think everyone wanted KC locked up for years but no DP -- even the A's --- :waitasec: well maybe not CA. :floorlaugh:

Can I make one teensy suggestion/correction? Can we change shacked up to shackled up? Pretty please....:woohoo:

Oh dear ...Way O/T - back to staying the course on is Baez dumping or being dumped by OCA?

I want to believe he dumped her but I will believe it only when he confirms it or if we see filings with the clerk. So far, no verification.

We'll see.

BBM: I agree that "something is up" ... and this is what I thought was "odd" :

CA is back in the news again with the release of her video ...:sick:

And when CA's "attorney" comes out and releases that [BS] statement that the computer was "hacked" -- it was Cheney Mason that released the FIRST Statement and NOT Jose.

IMO, it was "odd" for Mason to be issuing statements about CA's "personal bull**** ... that's something that JB seemed to "luv" to do for his girl ... :waitasec: but it don't seem like it any more ... something is going on here ...

IMO ... JB is already out -- or wants out -- from CA ...

MOO ...
...and we still don't know the status of the Bar complaints.

Baez didn't win because he is a remarkable attorney, he was aided and abetted by the judge's bias against the prosecution, the appeasing by the judge of the defense noticed by the jury, the apathetic jury wanting to please the judge and go home as quickly as possible, JB"S outrageous lies, Casey's cry me a river whenever the jury was present, her parents lies....ad infinitum.
Baez most of the time looked like a bumbling idiot. While most thought he had overplayed his hand in the opening statements, to a gormless jury of 12 I guess that was as far as their collective attention span stretched. And as most of the country watched and were horrified at the verdict, the win was hollow and has little value other than what not to do.

There is no kudos in this empty win for Mr Baez but it does count as a win for dishonesty and disrespect for the law, I'll give you that.

:goodpost:

:rocker: Thank You !

I am afraid he will do okay as a laywer because of his ability to be as low down sleasy as the guilty lieing thugs that will call upon him. There is plenty money in drug running, robbery, prostution, that type of thing. He will make tons of money $1000 to $2000 a pop.

I said this before, Baez took this case only cause he never dreamed he would win. He thought Casey would be locked away for a very long time and he would make the money, it would be all his. He got the shock of his life and is still trying to recover from it. No money and very broke.

Has she fired him yet? Or has he quit yet?

I really sick of hearing about her and him.

I don't know why everyone seems to think that Jose Baez has nothing going on just because he is not replying to all of this. He won an unwinnable case whether anyone likes it or not. His name is well known for doing just that. It is what it is and all the crying about him will not change it. Jose Baez won the case that everyone said was unwinnable. That is amazing. I am still in shock.

He is not going anywhere with his tail between his legs - not imo.

I reckon it depends on what one interprets his name is 'well known' for. It's my opinion that he's well known for being a low life, sleazy, smarmy, uneducated clown of a lawyer who lucked his way into a high profile case that he got lucky on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back