Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I said this before, Baez took this case only cause he never dreamed he would win. He thought Casey would be locked away for a very long time and he would make the money, it would be all his. He got the shock of his life and is still trying to recover from it. No money and very broke.

Has she fired him yet? Or has he quit yet?

I really sick of hearing about her and him.

I don't really know what is happening but maybe it's just a lovers spat:dunno: but whatever it is KC is orchestrating everything.

After all she knows where all the skeletons are buried. If she wanted JB by her side forever I'm sure she could coerce him into being her lackey.

BBM

I think I've seen where the lawyers on this forum have stated he has no standing to file a wrongful death suit. Unfortunately, even if he ever wanted to, doesn't sound like he could.

IMO

George could sue if he wanted to: Certainly OJ's family sued andwon even though he was not convicted: See below:

The key here though is the standard of proof is different in criminal and civil cases. The jury could not find Casey Anthony guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But another jury might find Casey Anthony killed Caylee by a preponderance of the evidence. That’s what happened in the O.J. trials. Here too the courthouse door is open to anyone with a claim who cares to bring it.

I reckon it depends on what one interprets his name is 'well known' for. It's my opinion that he's well known for being a low life, sleazy, smarmy, uneducated clown of a lawyer who lucked his way into a high profile case that he got lucky on.

I understand that, but there are those who did not follow the case and those in the future who do not know the details but will only know that Baez is known for getting KC off in an unwinnable case. That was my only point.

Baez didn't win because he is a remarkable attorney, he was aided and abetted by the judge's bias against the prosecution, the appeasing by the judge of the defense noticed by the jury, the apathetic jury wanting to please the judge and go home as quickly as possible, JB"S outrageous lies, Casey's cry me a river whenever the jury was present, her parents lies....ad infinitum.
Baez most of the time looked like a bumbling idiot. While most thought he had overplayed his hand in the opening statements, to a gormless jury of 12 I guess that was as far as their collective attention span stretched. And as most of the country watched and were horrified at the verdict, the win was hollow and has little value other than what not to do.

There is no kudos in this empty win for Mr Baez but it does count as a win for dishonesty and disrespect for the law, I'll give you that.

ITA

FCA put on quite a show every day. DS was rubbing her back and consoling her like a child from opening statements to the end of trial. They got more animated as time passed and they realized they could do whatever they wanted. In fact, Perry refused to enforce his own rules after JA asked him to make them stop. I think that (among other things) emboldened the DT to move the line in the sand until there was no line at all.

So many warnings, never any consequences.

9th judicial courtroom decorum policy:

Item 12: counsel shall admonish all persons at council tables that gestures, facial expressions, audible comments, or the like as manifestations of approval or disapproval during the testimony of any witness or at any other time are absolutely prohibited.

IMO

AZlawyer said this last July when asked if George could file a wrongful death lawsuit.

No. Grandparents are not permitted plaintiffs for a wrongful death suit in Florida.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6856993&postcount=581"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal Questions for our Verified Lawyers #4[/ame]

Baez didn't win because he is a remarkable attorney, he was aided and abetted by the judge's bias against the prosecution, the appeasing by the judge of the defense noticed by the jury, the apathetic jury wanting to please the judge and go home as quickly as possible, JB"S outrageous lies, Casey's cry me a river whenever the jury was present, her parents lies....ad infinitum.
Baez most of the time looked like a bumbling idiot. While most thought he had overplayed his hand in the opening statements, to a gormless jury of 12 I guess that was as far as their collective attention span stretched. And as most of the country watched and were horrified at the verdict, the win was hollow and has little value other than what not to do.

There is no kudos in this empty win for Mr Baez but it does count as a win for dishonesty and disrespect for the law, I'll give you that.

I agree. As Solace stated, JB did win an unwinnable trial but a huge part of that was dumb luck. He has some effective, sleazy strategies but he blundered horribly when it came to real lawyering. He will get tons of clients from this and he will screw up many of their cases, IMO. He will profit but ultimately, those who aid evil in underhanded ways, pay some sort of price.

I do disagree that HHJP was biased in favor of the defense, though. I really believe he felt this was a slam dunk against casey. He did everything he could to make sure the case was tried once and would not be successfully appealed. The look on his face and his manner as he quickly read through the verdict evidenced disbelief and horror to me, albeit carefully concealed.

I think he was shocked and disgusted by the verdict. Remember, this is the guy who put away Judy Buenoano and then decades later, watched her be put to death to make sure she was dead.

I have no doubt that HHJP has had several sleepless nights over the outcome of this trial.

I agree. As Solace stated, JB did win an unwinnable trial but a huge part of that was dumb luck. He has some effective, sleazy strategies but he blundered horribly when it came to real lawyering. He will get tons of clients from this and he will screw up many of their cases, IMO. He will profit but ultimately, those who aid evil in underhanded ways, pay some sort of price.

I do disagree that HHJP was biased in favor of the defense, though. I really believe he felt this was a slam dunk against casey. He did everything he could to make sure the case was tried once and would not be successfully appealed. The look on his face and his manner as he quickly read through the verdict evidenced disbelief and horror to me, albeit carefully concealed.

I think he was shocked and disgusted by the verdict. Remember, this is the guy who put away Judy Buenoano and then decades later, watched her be put to death to make sure she was dead.

I have no doubt that HHJP has had several sleepless nights over the outcome of this trial.

I thought he was stoned faced and did that really well. I had no idea what was happening. He never showed horror or disbelief. Were we watching the same Judge. I think you felt horror and disbelief as we all did, but Perry was totally professional and showed no reaction at all. Check it out again.

I love you Logical - but it is a big deal. He won a huge case. If nothing else, he is going to be known for that.

He didn't really WIN a case. He won by default and falling *advertiser censored* backwards into the win because the jury was NOT going to convict no matter who the lawyer was. It could have been big bird and they still wouldn't convict.

Edited to add. There is no lawyer who wants to be JB right now. Any case that JB takes to trial in the US will most likely get a guilty verdict because of the residual hatred for him and FCA. He's in a really bad position. No felon wants the smell of FCA on them right now or even in the future. He's tainted.

He may have "technically" won the case, but he lost in life.

Gotta' agree JB did not win the case. All the other attorneys involved, present in Court or not, crafted it. The jury decided to go home and make some mulaah, defense team got luck on that, or did they already know enough about them? I feel sorry for any of his future clients, unless he can pull together a bunch of experienced attorneys again.

He didn't really WIN a case. He won by default and falling *advertiser censored* backwards into the win because the jury was NOT going to convict no matter who the lawyer was. It could have been big bird and they still wouldn't convict.

Edited to add. There is no lawyer who wants to be JB right now. Any case that JB takes to trial in the US will most likely get a guilty verdict because of the residual hatred for him and FCA. He's in a really bad position. No felon wants the smell of FCA on them right now or even in the future. He's tainted.

He may have "technically" won the case, but he lost in life.

I realize you dislike him to the point of hatred but not everyone feels that way MaryB. He is known for getting off someone who was pretty much despised. I can turn on a number of shows and if they are talking about this case, they will always have some who think the verdict was fair - that the prosecution failed to prove she did it.

So, you can denigrate his work as much as you like and his "*advertiser censored* backwards" whatever, but he won an unwinnable case. And his life as he said, has changed.

I realize you want to believe he is living in squalor and miserable and no one wants him, but I believe it was about two months ago that he was having dinner with Frank Langella and B. Walters and others.

He is far from miserable. Sorry.

I realize you dislike him to the point of hatred but not everyone feels that way MaryB. He is known for getting off someone who was pretty much despised. I can turn on a number of shows and if they are talking about this case, they will always have some who think the verdict was fair - that the prosecution failed to prove she did it.

So, you can denigrate his work as much as you like and his "*advertiser censored* backwards" whatever, but he won an unwinnable case. And his life as he said, has changed.

I realize you want to believe he is living in squalor and miserable and no one wants him, but I believe it was about two months ago that he was having dinner with Frank Langella and B. Walters and others.

1) Infamous is not the same as famous
2) Mason would have gotten the same verdict without JB, IMO.
3) Barbara Walters refused to hug him or even touch him. LOL
4)His home is foreclosed; he has no money; no one in the US will hire him; his law career is basically over

To me, that is not a win in any shape or form. His life has changed. He threw his career and ethics away for one big win he THOUGHT was gonna make him money and fame. Just my humble opinion.

I said this before, Baez took this case only cause he never dreamed he would win. He thought Casey would be locked away for a very long time and he would make the money, it would be all his. He got the shock of his life and is still trying to recover from it. No money and very broke.

Has she fired him yet? Or has he quit yet?

I really sick of hearing about her and him.

Me too! Like we're going say "finally we got the truth" when one of them speaks. :furious:

He did not get her off. No one was more surprised than Baez when the NG result was read out. In fact her whole DT was in SHOCK.
The Jury got her off for reasons that are unfathomable to anyone with common sense.

What about deformation ? Maybe he can't go against JB but, now the these depos are out he has proof Casey was saying this about him.

Casey even accused George and Lee of abuse in her letters to Cookie.

He did not get her off. No one was more surprised than Baez when the NG result was read out. In fact her whole DT was in SHOCK.
The Jury got her off for reasons that are unfathomable to anyone with common sense.

I understand that but he is the lead lawyer and forever known as the man who got her off.

BUT I AGREE IT IS UNFATHOMABLE.

1)

4)he has no money; no one in the US will hire him; his law career is basically over

And you know this how. You have access to his accounts to know how much money he has and you know that no one wants to hire him too? and his law career is over.

All of this in your humble opinion. Can you provide some backup MaryB or are we just hearing what you wish would be the truth.

You assume that because his house is in foreclosure that he has no money. I would not assume that Mary B. He may just want to get rid of the houses, ever think of that?

And you know this how. You have access to his accounts to know how much money he has and you know that no one wants to hire him too? and his law career is over.

All of this in your humble opinion. Can you provide some backup MaryB or are we just hearing what you wish would be the truth.

You assume that because his house is in foreclosure that he has no money. I would not assume that Mary B. He may just want to get rid of the houses, ever think of that?

I just recently saw him on TV with Gary Giordano, another high profile client. And it appears as though GG may walk free just like FCA has done.

Baez is doing just fine, imo. He will have plenty of clients and he is crafty and cunning enough to skirt the ethical boundaries well enough to win some more cases.

sure, but all he won was his name linked with OCA for eternity. I dont think we'll hear much about him at all unless OCA farts and people call JB to verify which type of fart it was.

He knew going in that his name would always be linked to KC. It didn't phase him a bit, and I'm sure he has no regrets. I have to agree with solace... the guy won. He's the dirtiest kind of defense attorney, and he always will be. I don't think he's unhappy. He knew what he was doing then, and he knows what he's doing now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back