Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
However SCAMP - Had KC been found guilty - the we would have seen a lot more of the truth re her personality from Baez in order to save her from death. But it never got that far. It is hard to take but it is true.

The really weird thing is I often wonder if he would have done himself and his career more good if she'd been found guilty and he'd been seen as "fighting the gallant fight" for this client. I think he would have gotten the media attention and $$ he seems to crave.

While what you say isn't false, there is no way to prove that any defense lawyer knows what is truth and what isn't based on attorney/client priviledge. It sometimes works the other way as well. A prosecutor knows they can convict a suspect on a charge, but decides to add additional charges with much less (if any) evidence. For example, a murder suspect on trial for one murder, but adding charges for two more additional murders with very little evidence to link the suspect to.

JB Knew Caylee was dead, he knew she was dead from the beginning. We are not talking about other attorneys and scenarios but JB and what he should have done knowing that truth. He tried to pin this on many others before he decided on Grandpa which of course means he fabricated everything knowing Caylee was deceased and that mommy was the culprit.

No no - I want an Emergency Hearing!!!:great: Too funny!!

I'd like to see a headline where George Anthony finally acquires a spine and is suing his daughter KC Anthony for wrongful death - especially after what has recently hit the news.

What is the worst thing you can say about a man - not that he is a murderer, or rapist or anything else - the worst thing you can say is he is a pedophile (sp?) And KC has and he does nothing. I don't understand him at all. I would be up all night writing the motion papers and at the court first thing. Wrongful death you b$#%! Wrongful death of my granddaughter and he would win and she would have to pay him with all that supposed interview money coming her way. I am soooooooooooooooooo off topic. Sorry.

The really weird thing is I often wonder if he would have done himself and his career more good if she'd been found guilty and he'd been seen as "fighting the gallant fight" for this client. I think he would have gotten the media attention and $$ he seems to crave.

Yes he would have. An honest attorney trying to save a life becomes priceless to the Courts and the clients. I don't think she would have been given the Death Penalty, perhaps life. That would have made him worth mega bucks and a renowned and beloved attorney.

I think so too.....thus the move.

I think the move to Miami is that he is going to explode in the Hispanic community after some PR rehab.

JMO

JB Knew Caylee was dead, he knew she was dead from the beginning. We are not talking about other attorneys and scenarios but JB and what he should have done knowing that truth. He tried to pin this on many others before he decided on Grandpa which of course means he fabricated everything knowing Caylee was deceased and that mommy was the culprit.

What you say is true; but cannot be proven. Cindy andGeorge also knew it. Lee knew it. We all knew it. But Baez was there to get her off. If he were not, he would not be a defense attorney - a criminal defense attorney at that.

Maybe, if he is really moving, he is being hassled where he is. We still don't know for sure about foreclosures, moving to Miami, quitting FKC. But I would bet he gets hassled a lot. Just my thoughts on that.

Right. That will be put into effect immediately so we can have an absolutely biased jury.

This jury had enough information with the lying and the 31 days to look at the case aND SAY ok, I think we need to spend a lot more time than a day and a half just because we don't have a video or definitive DNA.

They complained about chloroform - maybe yes maybe no. But the FBI forensics scientist said the chloroform from the rug in the cardboard box was nearly gone but still there when he got the cardboard box a month later.

That should have told them a lot. If there were remnants in a cardboard box which was open and chloroform dissipates quickly - that should have told them someone used chloroform and a lot of it.

But this was not a very bright jury - that was fairly clear from the answers.

Just because someone watches the news it does not mean they are automatically biased. Plenty of people thought she might have been innocent, even if they had seen the news.

You are right that they were not a 'bright' jury. And that is a direct connection to the fact that they do not watch or listen to anything going on around them. Direct correlation, imo.

Yes he would have. An honest attorney trying to save a life becomes priceless to the Courts and the clients. I don't think she would have been given the Death Penalty, perhaps life. That would have made him worth mega bucks and a renowned and beloved attorney.

Well.......:floorlaugh: ...........let's not get carried away here. Maybe more respect than he has now? :floorlaugh: It's Baez we're talking about....:innocent:

...and IMO...something is up...we just don't know what it is yet.
IMPO, the man is a joke...verdict or no verdict.

BBM: I agree that "something is up" ... and this is what I thought was "odd" :

CA is back in the news again with the release of her video ...:sick:

And when CA's "attorney" comes out and releases that [BS] statement that the computer was "hacked" -- it was Cheney Mason that released the FIRST Statement and NOT Jose.

IMO, it was "odd" for Mason to be issuing statements about CA's "personal bull**** ... that's something that JB seemed to "luv" to do for his girl ... :waitasec: but it don't seem like it any more ... something is going on here ...

IMO ... JB is already out -- or wants out -- from CA ...

MOO ...

The Pinellas Twelve weren't the sharpest crayons in the box, but HHJP's jury instructions were lacking one very important element: It was not made perfectly clear to them that they were charged with first determining Casey's guilt or innocence on the charges and not whether or not she should be sentenced to death. The decision about the DP was the second phase of their duties that would come after the verdict had been rendered - not before. I honestly believe that the jurors did not understand their duties and that HHJP was remiss in not being more explicit about this in his jury instructions. jmo

I believe that was in the jury instructions along with some other instructions from the judge they failed to follow. jmo

Just because someone watches the news it does not mean they are automatically biased. Plenty of people thought she might have been innocent, even if they had seen the news.

You are right that they were not a 'bright' jury. And that is a direct connection to the fact that they do not watch or listen to anything going on around them. Direct correlation, imo.

Just jumping off your post:

Perhaps some members directly related to the case at hand. Perhaps they pushed the others to go with the not guilty for $$. Perhaps they had their own day or family members day through the system. That is the only way it makes sense to me. ;)

I think so too.....thus the move.

I think the move to Miami is that he is going to explode in the Hispanic community after some PR rehab.

JMO

I'm gasping here - could you provide an expanded explanation here because my visuals on this are running in a Monty Python theme....:innocent:

Well.......:floorlaugh: ...........let's not get carried away here. Maybe more respect than he has now? :floorlaugh: It's Baez we're talking about....:innocent:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Okay, you got me there! :crazy:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Okay, you got me there! :crazy:

No - :floorlaugh: - it was great - really good and I was nodding away as I read your post and then.....:floorlaugh: wait a minute - it's Jose we're talking about! Anybody else...Too funny...

The Florida Rules of Professional Conduct are the ethical rules that apply to attorneys in Florida. Below is the applicable section of the rules. You can judge for yourselves whether Jose Baez complied:

Rule 4-3.3 Candor Toward the Tribunal

(a) False Evidence; Duty to Disclose.

A lawyer shall not knowingly:

(1) make a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal;

(2) fail to disclose a material fact to a tribunal when disclosure is necessary to avoid assisting a criminal or fraudulent act by the client;

(3) fail to disclose to the tribunal legal authority in the controlling jurisdiction known to the lawyer to be directly adverse to the position of the client and not disclosed by opposing counsel; or

(4) permit any witness, including a criminal defendant, to offer testimony or other evidence that the lawyer knows to be false. A lawyer may not offer testimony that the lawyer knows to be false in the form of a narrative unless so ordered by the tribunal. If a lawyer has offered material evidence and thereafter comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures.

(b) Extent of Lawyer's Duties.

The duties stated in subdivision (a) continue beyond the conclusion of the proceeding and apply even if compliance requires disclosure of information otherwise protected by rule 4-1.6.

(c) Evidence Believed to Be False.

A lawyer may refuse to offer evidence that the lawyer reasonably believes is false.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl/code/FL_CODE.HTM#Rule_4-3.1

I'm gasping here - could you provide an expanded explanation here because my visuals on this are running in a Monty Python theme....:innocent:

Take a deep breath :)
I predict that Whoraldo will help Baez to repair his horrible reputation and he will become a sucessful attorney who primarily represents Hispanic clients.

I think this is the reason for the move, and the press from Whoraldo that Baez is "over it".

JMO

The Florida Rules of Professional Conduct are the ethical rules that apply to attorneys in Florida. Below is the applicable section of the rules. You can judge for yourselves whether Jose Baez complied:

Rule 4-3.3 Candor Toward the Tribunal

(a) False Evidence; Duty to Disclose.

A lawyer shall not knowingly:

(1) make a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal;

(2) fail to disclose a material fact to a tribunal when disclosure is necessary to avoid assisting a criminal or fraudulent act by the client;

(3) fail to disclose to the tribunal legal authority in the controlling jurisdiction known to the lawyer to be directly adverse to the position of the client and not disclosed by opposing counsel; or

(4) permit any witness, including a criminal defendant, to offer testimony or other evidence that the lawyer knows to be false. A lawyer may not offer testimony that the lawyer knows to be false in the form of a narrative unless so ordered by the tribunal. If a lawyer has offered material evidence and thereafter comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures.

(b) Extent of Lawyer's Duties.

The duties stated in subdivision (a) continue beyond the conclusion of the proceeding and apply even if compliance requires disclosure of information otherwise protected by rule 4-1.6.

(c) Evidence Believed to Be False.

A lawyer may refuse to offer evidence that the lawyer reasonably believes is false.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl/code/FL_CODE.HTM#Rule_4-3.1

Thanks for this reminder - I remember our legal hats discussing this as we were so indignant after the verdict. Baez's out was he didn't know she was lying...:innocent:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back