Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it's just me being eternally optimistic, but I keep hoping it has something to do with the Bar Grievance Committee that is working on his complaints. Surely he would have had to show up there for an interview and perhaps it didn't go as well as he wanted it to - and he thinks something is coming down the pike?

Or perhaps he's received a note from the JAC saying - about the funds we advanced to you? I believe HHJP warned you we would take civil court means to recoup monies advanced fraudulently based on what occurred at trial?

"When you wish upon a Star, makes no difference who you arrrreeee.....When you wish upon a Star your dreams...come....True!!

Someone please serve Baez with something so we can celebrate with Thwartcakes!! :cupcake:

BBM This! What is up with that? All those investigative hours JAC gave him and he knew all along that Caylee was deceased? Or is this included in the State wanting their money back and that is why Judge Perry has ordered her to pay back a substancial amount of that money? It would really be up to Casey to pay and not Jose, right? She was the indigent client?

Also, if Casey does open up an account... can the State garnish that money? I would think that a check would have to be made out to Casey Anthony herself... at some point? Or would one of her enablers set up a seperate account in their name and give Casey full access to it? But then what happens when Casey runs out of money? They should know that Casey always feels entitled to more... more... more?

This is going to get so messy!

BBM This! What is up with that? All those investigative hours JAC gave him and he knew all along that Caylee was deceased? Or is this included in the State wanting their money back and that is why Judge Perry has ordered her to pay back a substancial amount of that money? It would really be up to Casey to pay and not Jose, right? She was the indigent client?

Also, if Casey does open up an account... can the State garnish that money? I would think that a check would have to be made out to Casey Anthony herself... at some point? Or would one of her enablers set up a seperate account in their name and give Casey full access to it? But then what happens when Casey runs out of money? They should know that Casey always feels entitled to more... more... more?

JB should be made to personally pay back EVERY cent he wasted pursuing and attempting to frame the TES searchers. Judge Perry should be ashamed for having allowed him to do so.

I know regarding the BBM! Remember HHJP warning JB that the JAC has been known to take civil action? So what did he need all those hours for based on knowing Caylee was dead from Day One? I would LOVE to hear the JAC is doing something to recoup their money. I think they can if she is still in the State of Florida, but I don't know what your Federal Laws are.

I know regarding the BBM! Remember HHJP warning JB that the JAC has been known to take civil action? So what did he need all those hours for based on knowing Caylee was dead from Day One? I would LOVE to hear the JAC is doing something to recoup their money. I think they can if she is still in the State of Florida, but I don't know what your Federal Laws are.

Woah!!! Hadn't even thought about that! All those hours spent using Lyons to investigate!!! I'm shocked HHJP wasn't super pizzed at the opening statement!!

Hours upon extra hours given for the investigation..For what???

Wonder if JB will just say "FCA lied for years, and finally told the truth in the nth hour" sorry judge.. You know I did say she was a total liar a dozen times!

How frustrating!

Checked Orange County Clerk and Baez is still listed as Lead Attorney on her Criminal Felony Case which is OPEN and on Appeal
On the Appeal Court site, searching Baez brings up Casey's criminal appeal case

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket_search
I also checked the 5th District Court of Appeals
A search under Baez as Attorney and brings up 3 cases associated with Casey
Criminal Felony Appeal and 2 others

CASEY MARIE ANTHONY vs. STATE OF FLORIDA
Lower Tribunal Case(s): 08-CF-15606-A

AND

WPTV-TV, WFTS-TV, NAPLES DAILY NEWS, ET AL. vs. STATE OF FLORIDA AND CASEY MARIE ANTHONY
Lower Tribunal Case(s): 48-2008-CF-015606-O

Doing a search on Cheney Mason brings up this case, only, in regards to Casey Anthony

WPTV-TV, WFTS-TV, NAPLES DAILY NEWS, ET AL. vs. STATE OF FLORIDA AND CASEY MARIE ANTHONY

Something has to be up. Something that is not good (for him) has got to be up. Baez is a boy who believes his face belongs in front of any camera he can find. And what have we heard from him?? Nada....

Something weird is going on - when a person changes their MO so drastically...:waitasec:

Something has to be up. Something that is not good (for him) has got to be up. Baez is a boy who believes his face belongs in front of any camera he can find. And what have we heard from him?? Nada....

Something weird is going on - when a person changes their MO so drastically...:waitasec:

I agree - something weird is going on. I hope you're right.

JB got caught with his hands in the $200k cookie jar from ABC. He won't chance being her attorney and pimp at the same time again.

I think CM wanted it known that JB wasn't her attorney. JB felt the backlash from his attempts to market a baby killer directly after the trial. FCA will never answer questions about Caylee in an interview and other than that she has nothing to say.

They could try to market her as a reformed FCA after six months of counseling and living on a religious compound doing God's work. I think JB was/is behind the fake remake of FCA in hopes of getting his pay day. JL's connection to the church is no coincidence and his integrity is questionable at best. FCA blew the small chance she had by releasing those videos. They showed the world she hasn't changed at all, if anything, her egotistical mind is on overdrive.

IMO

JB got caught with his hands in the $200k cookie jar from ABC. He won't chance being her attorney and pimp at the same time again.

I think CM wanted it known that JB wasn't her attorney. JB felt the backlash from his attempts to market a baby killer directly after the trial. FCA will never answer questions about Caylee in an interview and other than that she has nothing to say.

They could try to market her as a reformed FCA after six months of counseling and living on a religious compound doing God's work. I think JB was/is behind the fake remake of FCA in hopes of getting his pay day. JL's connection to the church is no coincidence and his integrity is questionable at best. FCA blew the small chance she had by releasing those videos. They showed the world she hasn't changed at all, if anything, her egotistical mind is on overdrive.

IMO

BBM:...............:lol: ..............I So-o-o want to see them try that!!!

Agree with the rest of your comments - all so true!

Checked Orange County Clerk and Baez is still listed as Lead Attorney on her Criminal Felony Case which is OPEN and on Appeal
On the Appeal Court site, searching Baez brings up Casey's criminal appeal case

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket_search
I also checked the 5th District Court of Appeals
A search under Baez as Attorney and brings up 3 cases associated with Casey
Criminal Felony Appeal and 2 others

CASEY MARIE ANTHONY vs. STATE OF FLORIDA
Lower Tribunal Case(s): 08-CF-15606-A

AND

Doing a search on Cheney Mason brings up this case, only, in regards to Casey Anthony

Do we have any idea what the media case is about?

ETA: that's old...and from what I can tell, involved notice of jury selection proceedings.

IMO, JB probably tried very hard to get a deal for KC, but was unable to secure one that she could/would agree to. No one wants to pay $1 million to hear KC talk about her new computer and piercings. She's an undisputed liar, so there's no real value in any words that come out of her mouth. A lie detector test administered to her in a no-holds-bar questioning would be of interest, but she would never agree to that. So, what are we left with? Only KC's delusions about how she should be the star of this production, and how it's all about her. If JB is truly off of her team, it is the best thing for JB. CM is foolish, IMO, if he thinks he can escape the barbs of KC's false allegations once he angers her or she has no more use for him. I anticipate that KC, knowing she can make no money off of any story concerning Caylee and the case, may just decide to do a tell-all about her relationship with JB. It will be full of half-truths and mis-truths and flat out lies, yet it will be a money maker for her. I will be shocked if she doesn't.

Just throwing it out here. We have witnessed just how low Baez will stoop. I wonder if the "Anonymous" threat has him running scared. There could be many things we don't know about Baez that he doesn't want out in the Public?? There is a reason for sure he is distancing himself and this could be one of them?

Do we have any idea what the media case is about?

ETA: that's old...and from what I can tell, involved notice of jury selection proceedings.

Looking at the date the appeal was filed, May 3 2011...I believe they are the media outlets who appealed Judge Perry's decision to keep the location of the jury selection secretive
Any media outlet that didn't sign the confidentiality agreement did not get to know the city jury selection would be in ahead of time and I remember some companies were going to challenge Judge Perry's order.

Just throwing it out here. We have witnessed just how low Baez will stoop. I wonder if the "Anonymous" threat has him running scared. There could be many things we don't know about Baez that he doesn't want out in the Public?? There is a reason for sure he is distancing himself and this could be one of them?

Yes, that is a plausible thought. I would bet there are loads of things that occurred that he would never want to be known by the public at large. jmo

IMO

BBM

I think that was JB's wish for a plan. Remember when he said she was not going to do any interviews because she needed to 'heal' from the trauma of prison, and she was in treatment already. Hahahahahaha

I think he was hoping she was going to lay low, and he could then try and pawn her off as a reformed sinner. But those hopes went out the window with her recent skyping scandal. I think he threw his hands up in disgust himself.

Yes, that is a plausible thought. I would bet there are loads of things that occurred that he would never want to be known by the public at large. jmo

Yes. Also perhaps Baez has a few of FCA's qualities. He has moved on. Just like FCA did after murdering her Daughter. Keeping just enough of a hand in if some dollars come by.

I wonder if Jose is under some kind of "gag order" from speaking about Casey or anything to do with her under the threat of a lawsuit? :floorlaugh: That would be funny.

I hope he is disbarred and under a gag order from talking.

I wonder if Jose is under some kind of "gag order" from speaking about Casey or anything to do with her under the threat of a lawsuit? :floorlaugh: That would be funny.

Ooops, sorry about the "gag" comment. I didn't see your post. Just a coinkydink that Baez makes us both think about gagging. :)

Remember the last time JB had his last interview with GR. JB was acting very strange like he was afraid. Maybe he really was.
Wasn't it the following week when it came out that JB had quit or was fired? Also, his sudden move to Miami and house in foreclosure?

Remember the last time JB had his last interview with GR. JB was acting very strange like he was afraid. Maybe he really was.
Wasn't it the following week when it came out that JB had quit or was fired? Also, his sudden move to Miami and house in foreclosure?

Agree - I saw that and he was way off the edge of his usual "shifty". Just stretched tight...watching it I thought - WTH is that about - and since then - "radio silence".

I absolutely did not get the feeling he had a big secret that he was bursting to share...more like...I hope no one has found out yet....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96
Back