Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That doesn't really make any sense. If JB's job ended on the day of FCA's sentencing, why did he pick her up at the jail when she was released? Why does he issue statements about this, that, and the other in relation to FCA? Sounds like he's still working for her, to me.

Exactly- and when she was found, who did Geraldo call to be on his program?
Not Mason...

It's quite possible that Baez will no longer be her defense attorney, but still "on the clock' in some other manner, such as business advisor, or some other title.

That doesn't really make any sense. If JB's job ended on the day of FCA's sentencing, why did he pick her up at the jail when she was released? Why does he issue statements about this, that, and the other in relation to FCA? Sounds like he's still working for her, to me.

It's quite possible that Baez will no longer be her defense attorney, but still "on the clock' in some other manner, such as business advisor, or some other title.

What exactly might FCA's "business" be that JB would be advising her on? Why would FCA need a business advisor.

I agree that IF he is still working with her it is in a capacity other than defense attorney. That case is over and Mason can handle the appeal. He may be trying to secure deals for her, ie book deals, interviews, etc.

This sure sounds like fighting in the ranks - and it sounds like Mason has been hit by a case of the greenies - meaning he has not been given the kudos that Baez has in any of the news articles, etc. - I mean who is interviewing Mason - not Barbara Walters that's for sure.

Jealousy seems to be the cause of all of this sudden possessiveness by Mason of the OCA case.......we did hear he tried for a number of months to get on the case before he actually did. And I'm guessing that big ego of his is going to end up as egg on his face.

I honestly think that Casey has gotten rid of Baez. Casey is an extremely jealous woman. As far as I know, Jose's wife is stunning and they had a child in the middle of jury selection. The child is less than a year old. I bet Mrs. Baez had a lot of say in the amount of time and energy that Jose would be spending with his ex-client and Casey was having none of it. I wouldn't blame Mrs. Baez at all if she wanted Jose to have nothing to do with Casey... would you?

Seems she does live in a somewhat fantasy world of her own with these older men, but Is it only fantasy or just wishful thinking or both? Never know, but a lot predicted what would be the outcome of some past behaviors between client and attorney. Never under estimate OCA- or some member of her family. One wrong move and retribution, kwim?

BTW, Thanks to all for today, couldn't participate cuz got the worst of the worst headache all day, but I appreciate all the posts-I also Thank you very much for the reminder of Cafe Dumonde, but geez, did ya have to post the delish visuals:crazy:? I can't stand the humidity down in Orleans, but goodness, all that wonderful food down there-Oooh My My. We have a Cafe Pain Dumonde out here, supposedly patterned after the original, but I don't think so! Not one fattening thing on their menu, no chickory coffee. Oh the pain! LOL!:floorlaugh:

I also think he hasn't cut all ties and may be working on anything pertaining to her,but her appeals. I can't see him jumping this ship. :)

I also think he hasn't cut all ties and may be working on anything pertaining to her,but her appeals. I can't see him jumping this ship. :)

It's kind of weird to me that we have heard nothing at all from Baez himself:waitasec:

It's kind of weird to me that we have heard nothing at all from Baez himself:waitasec:

Yes it seems his departure to Miami ended it. Perhaps it is true and he has had a falling out? Maybe?

Yes it seems his departure to Miami ended it. Perhaps it is true and he has had a falling out? Maybe?

Do we even know he's gone to Miami? I'm not sure I'm comfortable assuming Geraldo is telling me FACTS...:floorlaugh:

I still think this is their way of getting out of any legal maneovers by the elevator production guy and his attorneys. Obviously Baez did meet with him and discuss some kind of deal so they're just reneging on his authority to make deals with anyone to get around their "first dibs" claim. I believe he is still very much involved with the circus waiting for his payday, just laying low at the moment.

MOO

Do we even know he's gone to Miami? I'm not sure I'm comfortable assuming Geraldo is telling me FACTS...:floorlaugh:

Ding ding ding! My thoughts exactly! I think JB is right in the midst of Casey's camp.

Excellent point. Oh yes Geraldo :banghead: Sure is unlike Baez to appear on his show and then Nothing??? Zip Nada???? Something is up. Or he gets it now. He has nothing to say we want to hear. However i doubt the latter. He has never cared what the Public thought. I'm leaning toward something between he and Mason? No idea if FCA is involved in any dispute? MOO

I still think this is their way of getting out of any legal maneovers by the elevator production guy and his attorneys. Obviously Baez did meet with him and discuss some kind of deal so they're just reneging on his authority to make deals with anyone to get around their "first dibs" claim. I believe he is still very much involved with the circus waiting for his payday, just laying low at the moment.

MOO

It does appear as though Baez met with the Elevator guy shortly after KC was released from jail. Some accounts were that KC was present at the meeting as well. If JB/KC did come to some sort of agreement with the Elevator guy about KC doing an interview, it should not matter if he either quits or is fired as her "agent." What is not clear is if the parties had a valid agreement. Baez and KC claim they did not finalize an agreement while Elevator Productions claims they did.

If Baez was KC's agent at the time a valid agreement was reached, that agreement is not necessarily null and void just because he resigns as her agent at a later date. What could negate the agreement is passage of time if there was a timeframe included in the contract.

Maybe he took his yea or nay client with him? My intuition tells me he 'moved' because of the impending voting and possible win of JA in OC. As for GR, first those 2 are snug as bugs then they are supposed enemies. :floorlaugh:

It does appear as though Baez met with the Elevator guy shortly after KC was released from jail. Some accounts were that KC was present at the meeting as well. If JB/KC did come to some sort of agreement with the Elevator guy about KC doing an interview, it should not matter if he either quits or is fired as her "agent." What is not clear is if the parties had a valid agreement. Baez and KC claim they did not finalize an agreement while Elevator Productions claims they did.

If Baez was KC's agent at the time a valid agreement was reached, that agreement is not necessarily null and void just because he resigns as her agent at a later date. What could negate the agreement is passage of time if there was a timeframe included in the contract.

Ok, let me see if I have this straight. FCA and/or Baez meets with Elevator Productions after she is released, have somewhat of a verbal agreement, tenative to when she is released from probation. No signature obviously. No contract.

Here comes Mason saying Baez has been off the case since the verdict and has (therefore had) no authority to negotiate in the first place.

JMO. This is going nowhere. No contract. No obligation on FCA's part.

But what do I know?? Everything else has been polar opposite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back