Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't JB tell the judge there were no deals or negotiations going on and imply that no such thing would ever happen?

Didn't JB tell the judge there were no deals or negotiations going on and imply that no such thing would ever happen?

Yup, but don't ask me where it is. It was when she was in the process of being declared indigent, IIRC?

Excellent point. Oh yes Geraldo :banghead: Sure is unlike Baez to appear on his show and then Nothing??? Zip Nada???? Something is up. Or he gets it now. He has nothing to say we want to hear. However i doubt the latter. He has never cared what the Public thought. I'm leaning toward something between he and Mason? No idea if FCA is involved in any dispute? MOO

Well, it's just me being eternally optimistic, but I keep hoping it has something to do with the Bar Grievance Committee that is working on his complaints. Surely he would have had to show up there for an interview and perhaps it didn't go as well as he wanted it to - and he thinks something is coming down the pike?

Or perhaps he's received a note from the JAC saying - about the funds we advanced to you? I believe HHJP warned you we would take civil court means to recoup monies advanced fraudulently based on what occurred at trial?

"When you wish upon a Star, makes no difference who you arrrreeee.....When you wish upon a Star your dreams...come....True!!

Someone please serve Baez with something so we can celebrate with Thwartcakes!! :cupcake:

I think JB is out because he is next in line. FCA can't sell herself where Caylee is concerned because no one believes anything she says. But, FCA could probably sell a tell-all about her and JB because he's as untrustworthy as she is. He can't break confidentially but she can say what she wants because of double jeopardy. Just get this appeal thing out of the way and watch it happen. FCA has plans and Mason is sitting back laughing. MOO

Yup, but don't ask me where it is. It was when she was in the process of being declared indigent, IIRC?

Sure he did but the trial is over and she is a free woman - well sorta...kinda...never will be really...kind of thingy.

I think JB is out because he is next in line. FCA can't sell herself where Caylee is concerned because no one believes anything she says. But, FCA could probably sell a tell-all about her and JB because he's as untrustworthy as she is. He can't break confidentially but she can say what she wants because of double jeopardy. Just get this appeal thing out of the way and watch it happen. FCA has plans and Mason is sitting back laughing. MOO

Ooooh - so we are both sitting here humming to ourselves. Good scenario!! I like it!!! :woot:

Whatever happened to the other, bigger deal for 5 mil that came from production co. out of OH. that supposedly JB agreed to? Scalmo productions or something like that?

BTW, is there any truth to the rumor that CA started up her own Prod. co? I'd hate to think if this was true, that she'd be the one still making $ off this case. The old bankroll this production in order to profit more. jmo.

Ooooh - so we are both sitting here humming to ourselves. Good scenario!! I like it!!! :woot:
I can't get the idea out of my head...It's JB's quietness that makes me think he's really out...and scared. As he should be...:floorlaugh:

Seems to me Baez went schmoozing around for deal right after trial, and maybe didn't involve Mason in the process. I think Baez made promises, and then CA was put on probation, and all of sudden whatever deals he made were up in the air until she was off probation. I think some fell through, and apparently Elevator Productions thinks they still have a deal. Then Casey complained to Mason about it, and Mason disavows Baez completely, saying he is off the case after the verdict so Mason can now get deals for Casey. He probably wanted some revenge on Baez for not including him in the original deal makings, and maybe it will keep Casey quiet knowing that Baez is gone and Mason will take care of her. I don't doubt that she will write a tell all about Baez either, probably with Mason's approval. I think Baez wanting to be top dog so badly for Casey has finally bit him in the rear, and he's starting to pay for it big time. And Mason and Casey are now sitting back and laughing at Baez. Ah, karma.

Ok, let me see if I have this straight. FCA and/or Baez meets with Elevator Productions after she is released, have somewhat of a verbal agreement, tenative to when she is released from probation. No signature obviously. No contract.

Here comes Mason saying Baez has been off the case since the verdict and has (therefore had) no authority to negotiate in the first place.

JMO. This is going nowhere. No contract. No obligation on FCA's part.

But what do I know?? Everything else has been polar opposite.

Something tells me these guys have something, perhaps on tape, that will at least put a hold on any other offer that is made for the time being until it's sorted out in court. They already put out one cease and desist letter to another potential interviewer. Is anyone else going to want that hassle? Perhaps that was the point? They have no intention of doing an interview, just trying to play the legal game to make sure no one else can? Wouldn't that be special? :great:

There has to be some reason why Mason has not only said that JB was off the case and not representing KC as of the day of sentencing but has also indicated that no one with authority has been promoting her. :waitasec:

MOO

I can't get the idea out of my head...It's JB's quietness that makes me think he's really out...and scared. As he should be...:floorlaugh:

Ah, he's probably packing things into the UHaul as we speak:floorlaugh:. I sort of remember that JB was not with OCA when the attorney, TM supposedly flew her into CA.

I agree, any good agent in this day and age would have copies of signed confidentiality contracts and possibly a recording of any agreement, otherwise, it's all just words. Elevator guy, to my knowledge, never mentioned anyone being with OCA, just her, which made me question this whole thing. No way would she be running around loose on her own, making her own deals:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Maybe JB has made a lot of promises he just cannot keep.

Sure he did but the trial is over and she is a free woman - well sorta...kinda...never will be really...kind of thingy.

I seem to remember him being indignant and acting as if the very idea was offensive to him. Just another day of misleading the court in an embarrassingly obvious way imo.

Ok, let me see if I have this straight. FCA and/or Baez meets with Elevator Productions after she is released, have somewhat of a verbal agreement, tenative to when she is released from probation. No signature obviously. No contract.

Here comes Mason saying Baez has been off the case since the verdict and has (therefore had) no authority to negotiate in the first place.

JMO. This is going nowhere. No contract. No obligation on FCA's part.

But what do I know?? Everything else has been polar opposite.

I don't think they had a contract either. I believe it was discussed but IIRC there was a glitch that JB and KC didn't like. And they said no way. At the time, though, I do not believe it was known that KC would be having to serve a probation period in Florida so I am not sure anything would have been discussed about not being able to fulfill any contract for a year. But that's a guess as I do not recall exactly when they went to Cali and when they first heard she'd probably have to return to FL.

Even a verbal contract can be binding. It depends on whether there were witnesses to the verbal contract or not because verbal is hard to prove otherwise. Also most states allow a person to withdraw from a binding contract if they do so within a certain time frame of entering into the agreement. In my state, it's three days.

Lots of things come into play that may mean there never was a finalized contract. My earlier post was just to say that if there was, JB's leaving KC's employ now might not negate any agreements entered into prior to his departure.

I don't think they had a contract either. I believe it was discussed but IIRC there was a glitch that JB and KC didn't like. And they said no way. At the time, though, I do not believe it was known that KC would be having to serve a probation period in Florida so I am not sure anything would have been discussed about not being able to fulfill any contract for a year. But that's a guess as I do not recall exactly when they went to Cali and when they first heard she'd probably have to return to FL.

Even a verbal contract can be binding. It depends on whether there were witnesses to the verbal contract or not because verbal is hard to prove otherwise. Also most states allow a person to withdraw from a binding contract if they do so within a certain time frame of entering into the agreement. In my state, it's three days.

Lots of things come into play that may mean there never was a finalized contract. My earlier post was just to say that if there was, JB's leaving KC's employ now might not negate any agreements entered into prior to his departure.

Oh yes I know, but I sure wouldn't want to be the one trying to make someone like FCA comply with a verbal contract would you???:banghead:

She will claim brain dead and probably get away with it.

I do see your point though.

I don't really care if this guy is a money grubbing sleezebag without a legal leg to stand on. He is slowing down kc's quest for the "big" payday.:great:

I don't really care if this guy is a money grubbing sleezebag without a legal leg to stand on. He is slowing down kc's quest for the "big" payday.:great:

Let's hope he has loads of money and drags it as far as it will go.......:great::great:

But, I don't think he will win.

Is this the guy that was going to give her a lie detector test as part of his interview? LOL..:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96
Back