Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“His job ended on the day of her sentencing,” Mason told Jean Casarez of “In Session.”
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...asey-anthony-its-no-use-asking-jose-baez.html
I wish I could get these reporters on the phone, anyway, I don't believe anything they say. There is some sort of agenda happening here OR they really just don't give a darn and think we are all stupid. If Jose is off the case and not her attorney, why hasn't he filed with the court. News is going with him being off the case based solely on CM and sources (not named). IMO They are using mass media for Nefarious reasons and I'm sure they are really proud of themselves.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/01/jose-baez-has-quit-casey-anthony-according-to-report.html
posted by halboedeker on January, 11 2012 7:12 PM
Jose Baez has quit Casey Anthony, according to report
Jose Baez has quit Casey Anthony, TMZ.com reports.
Baez was not returning calls to the Orlando Sentinel today. TMZ.com cites no sources in its short report, but says that Baez “has decided to REMOVE HIMSELF from Anthony’s legal team.”
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/07/casey-anthony-jose-baez-tells-geraldo-that-defense-will-help-with-her-future.html
Casey Anthony: Jose Baez tells Geraldo that defense will help with her future
posted by halboedeker on July, 5 2011 6:55 PM
Geraldo Rivera of Fox News Channel landed an exclusive interview with defense attorney Jose Baez after Casey Anthony was acquitted today.
What of Anthony’s future?
“Well she’s an adult,” Baez told Rivera. “We will discuss that with her. This time united and this team is a close-knit group and we’re all going to get together and help her take the next step for the rest of her life.”
http://www.wesh.com/r/30164870/detail.html
Jose Baez To Geraldo: Casey Videos Not Meant For Public
Anthony's Attorney Appears On Fox News
POSTED: 6:10 am EST January 9, 2012
"We're investigating everything. We're taking steps and if lawsuits need to be filed, or investigations need to be begun as a result of a criminal act, that's exactly what's going to happen," Baez said.
Baez told Rivera that his client was acquitted and should be able to live her life privately.
It's still not clear how the videos made their way to the Internet. Attorney Cheney Mason, who also represented Anthony during her murder trial, said he believes her computer was hacked.
"I think it's criminal and if it is, we're going to ask that it be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Baez told Rivera.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44000702/ns/today-today_news/t/casey-anthony-wont-have-return-fla/#.TxZZDVsweSo
Casey Anthony won't have to return to Fla.
Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, tells TODAY that she would be put in harm's way if she returned to serve probation
updated 8/3/2011 6:19:13 PM ET
Baez told NBC's TODAY on Wednesday that bringing Anthony back to Florida would put her in danger, and he argued that Strickland's order was legally flawed.
"The last thing we want to do is put Casey in harm's way," Baez told TODAY. "We're very concerned. It's not something we're taking lightly."
Mr. Mason, when did Mr. Baez stop representing Miss Anthony?

DrCaseyJordan Casey Jordan
Look who just broke up?! Is it because Jose has moved on to bigger and fresher opportunities (i.e., Gary Giordano... )

As of today...
The Orange County court records still list Baez as Lead Attorney..
No Notice of Termination has been submitted.

Is he required to file anything if the case is closed? I've worked for several attorneys and we never filed any terminations after the close of a case, yet we required a new retainer agreement if we did anything further after the sentencing was finished (such as violations of probation, etc.). Of course, when I worked for a defense attorney it was in Texas so maybe Florida law is different. Anyone know?

But his didn't because. . . . . .

JB was the lead attorney. Why would his job end, yet all other attornies not?

Sorry, didn't see this when I responded before. Who is listed as her attorney on the appeal? I think that's why CM's job didn't end. But, if JB is listed on the appeal, we should be looking there to see if he filed anything. Where's rhornsby... he could answer this. :waitasec:

OMG, he can't not be an attorney any better than he can be an attorney. It's still all screwed up.

And they call it PUPPY LOVE.... :great:

:banghead: I remember that disgusting scene a little to well. I said in another post, she thought she was going to be Mrs Baez... I'm positive of it. Now she hates him because he didn't dump his wife and family for her. The fact he got her off scott free is irrelevant to her now, that's in the past. He's not good to her anymore so drop him to the curb.

I'm worried about the little doggy!! Too bad we can't kidnap him and get him to a safe place.

Sorry, didn't see this when I responded before. Who is listed as her attorney on the appeal? I think that's why CM's job didn't end. But, if JB is listed on the appeal, we should be looking there to see if he filed anything. Where's rhornsby... he could answer this. :waitasec:

If you go to the Appeal Site and do a search for attorney's and put in JB's name it pulls up the appeal case.
http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket_search

If you put in CM's name it does not pull up the case

what if FCA fired JB, but he is not ready to totally throw in the towel yet, if he thinks he can talk his way back in to try to stick around for the big $$$$$$ interview deals (providing one even happens)???

Is CM trying to "publicly" tell him, using the media that CM so despises and flipped the finger to, to "hit the road", but JB isn't going willingly? Can he do that? if he hasn't officially withdrawn via a court filing, does that mean he isn't really gone? can CM just say "I am in charge now" without JB officially withdrawing on the record?

I am wondering if JB is willingly leaving, or if FCA fired him for not doing as she commanded re: her big $$$ deal.

If you go to the Appeal Site and do a search for attorney's and put in JB's name it pulls up the appeal case.

Curiouser and curiouser...

One would think the i's would be dotted and the t's crossed officially if statements like ones made recently were going to be made.

This shoddy overlooking of an important detail just makes it appear that the circus continues on, IMO.

Not that their relationship hasn't had as many twists and turns as a Twizzler, but perhaps JB is no longer representing her legally to limit the considerable liability he's already built up, but feels he is still representing her as an agent. If so, that would explain his apparent anger when he heard about the "leaked" photos. Maybe he just wasn't moving fast enough getting Miss Thang signed for all her fabulous media deals and she struck out on her own, which would tend to water down her marketability and hence his cut. I don't know if such an arrangement would be considered a conflict of interest, but JB has never seemed overly bothered when it comes to ethics. The way he got Macaluso to pony up $70K for the case like it was some kind of property in an investment portfolio, and the way he talked experts into testifying, promising compensation that he evidently neglected to pay, makes me think he is still that same sales rep for Lexis-Nexis. ("The leads! the leads!" as the characters used to say in Glengarry Glen Ross. Only FCA is probably telling him "Coffee is for closers".)

This was posted by WESH on 1/9/12 talking about Geraldo show the night before. It sounds like JB believed he was her attorney then when he kept saying "We" and that was six months after the trial ended.

"We're investigating everything. We're taking steps and if lawsuits need to be filed, or investigations need to be begun as a result of a criminal act, that's exactly what's going to happen," Baez said.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/30164870/detail.html#ixzz1k2O5XKrA

LOL! Here's what I think. The love of money brought all these people together and now the love of money is tearing it all down. I love it when the money karma comes knocking.

I honestly think that Casey has gotten rid of Baez. Casey is an extremely jealous woman. As far as I know, Jose's wife is stunning and they had a child in the middle of jury selection. The child is less than a year old. I bet Mrs. Baez had a lot of say in the amount of time and energy that Jose would be spending with his ex-client and Casey was having none of it. I wouldn't blame Mrs. Baez at all if she wanted Jose to have nothing to do with Casey... would you?

That doesn't really make any sense. If JB's job ended on the day of FCA's sentencing, why did he pick her up at the jail when she was released? Why does he issue statements about this, that, and the other in relation to FCA? Sounds like he's still working for her, to me.

Thank you. That's where we need to watch to see if a notice is filed. I just heard on WFTV evening news that they are also watching for a notice to be filed so I'm sure it will be reported when it happens. Apparently the love is gone within the defense team in any case... and nothing pleases me more than to see karma going where she should.

Thank you. That's where we need to watch to see if a notice is filed. I just heard on WFTV evening news that they are also watching for a notice to be filed so I'm sure it will be reported when it happens. Apparently the love is gone within the defense team in any case... and nothing pleases me more than to see karma going where she should.

Seems we are not the only ones on Baez Termination Notice Alert LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back