Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like we should all be scared he's gonna sue us. Bring it, JoseB! What a joke this dude is, for real!

It's BS...he's not suing anybody. He's just trying to scare people into not publishing the photos (and, more importantly, not to :laugh: at them).

I doubt he'd actually fork over money for an attorney anyway considering how long he let things languish with the state attorney rather than front copying expenses. On second thought, though, that's just a measly lil ol death penalty case.

Hardly in the same league as his precious glamor shots! :puke:

ETA: Just saw the thread title that his home is in foreclosure. I reckon that blogstopper atty musta been darn expensive! :eek:

so last night I'm discussing this with my son, because I didn't like the Family Guy episode that was on, and he reminded me of the time someone troll-y stole photos of my granddaughter and sons and me from my FB album and I wigged out over it in a nostril flaring, eyes bulging kind of way. The things this troll did to my photos were disgusting and wrong and I was beyond livid. I contacted everyone from Facebook to to the police to God and it was pointed out that my albums were public and that I should make them private if I really wanted privacy and protection. Perhaps the esteemed Mr Baez should heed the same advice and chalk it up and suck it up as a lesson learned, dummy me kind of dealie bobber.
Public = the public has access, private = you pick who can see them.... let's have it tattooed backwards on his forehead so he can remember it, I hear he has memory issues.

Jose has 315 friends on Facebook. Did he really think all of these people are his real friends? Is he that close with everyone that he trusted people with his prized pics? Sheesh.

He only has his profile picture left on his page. Aww, no more pics of a bare-chested Geraldo. Too sad. :rolleyes:

Oh and let me say this about the image collage someone did of him, using his facebook pics: unless he took that pic of himself, the person that took his picture is the one with the copyright gripe, not him. He can't claim copyright on images he didn't take...

JB could have taken the photos himself using a timer. Yep, he'd still own the copyright even if the timer actually did the snapping.

Methinks this boy has way too much time on his hands. If he had made his Facebook private and only accepted his real friends he wouldn't be having this problem. KWIM? :blushing:

I'm putting myself in the corner now. :blushing:

Jose has 315 friends on Facebook. Did he really think all of these people are his real friends? Is he that close with everyone that he trusted people with his prized pics? Sheesh.

He only has his profile picture left on his page. Aww, no more pics of a bare-chested Geraldo. Too sad. :rolleyes:

315 friends? What is he a 16yr girl with BFF's? I can't believe someone of his age with a family and a job devotes any time and effort to Facebook.....it's not like he's networking to get clients- that is so strange to me. :innocent:

I've read most of the thread, but not every single post, so forgive me if this has already been asked/addressed.

The picture in question is one of JB, right? If that is so, then he did not take the picture since he was in it, right? That means someone else took it, right?

Can he copyright another person's work? Wouldn't the picture(s) in question (and thus their copyright) belong to the photographer and not the subject?

Could someone clear this up for me?

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, read our Privacy Policy and About Platform page.)
When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture). We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).

http://www.facebook.com/terms.php

I guess he has read the memo now - he has a pic on his facebook today and partial privacy settings. Finally his interns might be doing SOMETHING for him!

:waitasec: Why would Baez have any "Copy Right" to Caylee's or Casey's photos?

Baez, Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos

"Snip"http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/casey-anthonys-attorney-jose-baez-yanks-his-facebook-photos/19569395
David Lohr Contributor

"I had to take all of my copyrighted photos down from my FB," attorney Jose Baez wrote on his Facebook page, "because it has come to my attention that certain bloggers were taking these photos without authorization and posting them on their websites."

As far as I know there were no pictures of Casey or Caylee on Baez facebook. Just his own pictures that he is ranting about. Pictures of him with Mort, Geraldo and Greta and not sure who else since those are the only ones I saw.

I've unapproved several posts for name variation & am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper