Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's video of it on the Fox news website. That's when JB told Casey he was going up to NY to do "some business" very early in the case.
Geraldo showed the video on his show and went on about how gorgeous JB's young wife was.

eeewwww. Not the wife, the situation.

Alright kiddos, lets get this out of the way: do not be fooled into thinking that just because a piece of work, like a picture, is put in the public arena that it is fair game and without merit of a copyright. Since January 1, 1978 when you produce something (like a photo) it is under automatic copyright protection. Also on his side: he can register a copyright with the gov't, as extra proof of ownership, up to 5 years after the publication of his images (say, on facebook), so he can fight someone in court. As a matter of fact, if he registers the images within the first 3 months of putting the images out there, the image snatcher can be made to pay the attorney fees of the plaintiff.

Sorry guys... Baez has a legitimate gripe in this fight...

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.pdf

You're correct that any photo you take is automatically copyrighted, but other laws can and do supercede it. The Fair Use law is one that permits the use and copying of copyrighted photos for personal use, research, teaching, criticism, parody, news reporting and editorial use. http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

Baez has no legitimate gripe.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/j...822303.jpg?o=4

When I had looked at JB's FB , this photo really struck me. The child is on a BOAT leaning over the EDGE, and is not wearing a lifejacket!

Child endangerment??? Who's child is that? IIRC, JB has only one child?

And, to me anyway, it appears they are on open water, not just docked. Geraldo looks like he is piloting the craft.

Other than that one picture, I was not impressed by any of the other photos I saw on his FB.

That's Geraldo's child.

There's a thread on this subject in the basement from May called OT Baez. The facebook has been public until just recently. A lot of Jose's friends and pictures were people from the media, local and national, every channel and show you can think of that talks about him and KC. Well, except Kathi Belich, lol. There was one of our WS members that "friended" him and he accepted right away! So, I agree with everyone that has said he knew it was public and wanted it to be seen. Now that someone has used his pictures to make fun of him he cries. So sad, too bad Jose! The Fair Use doctrine states that copyrighted pictures may be used for news reporting, parody and personal use. I think that covers why any blogger would be using the pictures.

This is the same guy who couldn't get his law degree because he thought he shouldn't have to pay child support. JB and the Anthony family go hand in hand. They think ignorance of the law is even more than an excuse; it's somehow a reason to be exempt. But only for them.

You guys friggen kill me!!!! I'm sitting on my couch laughing my *** off!!

Farmville/speedo HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thank you. you made my day!!

It must have occurred to him he hasn't done anything to show his incompetency in awhile. Never ceases to amaze me this goof is "practicing" law.

I agree it's just some smoke and mirrors for something coming down soon.

LOL, practicing is the operative word and it's a euphemism. Strangling is more like it.

Smoke and mirrors, hmmm...can we say "jail snitch call?"

He just wants something to whine about. Also a way to keep his name out there. He is such a loser.

How many times have I thought: "Would you like some cheese with that whine JB?"

For heaven's sakes, even a computer illiterate person like myself knows not to put pictures on FB if I don't want the public to see them!!! GEESH!
Get a CLUE Baez!

:cow:

For some reason this photo leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Why are the two of them standing together that close with their arm around one another?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...z/30400_118525684846839_1000006822303.jpg?o=4

ETA: I can't figure out how to post the picture so just listed the address instead

He looks thrilled and she looks like she is still trying to figure out a way to get out of taking a picture with this guy -when the shutter snapped. Seriously, that's what I see.

MOO

This is the same guy who couldn't get his law degree because he thought he shouldn't have to pay child support. JB and the Anthony family go hand in hand. They think ignorance of the law is even more than an excuse; it's somehow a reason to be exempt. But only for them.

I don't know the correct legal terminology, but could this help in getting KC off, or be grounds for an appeal? Thanks :)

Alright kiddos, lets get this out of the way: do not be fooled into thinking that just because a piece of work, like a picture, is put in the public arena that it is fair game and without merit of a copyright. Since January 1, 1978 when you produce something (like a photo) it is under automatic copyright protection. Also on his side: he can register a copyright with the gov't, as extra proof of ownership, up to 5 years after the publication of his images (say, on facebook), so he can fight someone in court. As a matter of fact, if he registers the images within the first 3 months of putting the images out there, the image snatcher can be made to pay the attorney fees of the plaintiff.

Sorry guys... Baez has a legitimate gripe in this fight...

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.pdf

Way to defend Baez...Anyway, there are steps a person should take to protect their pics if they're that important to them

"The photographer should ensure a credit is published with images – in most cases they have a legal right to assert their status as creator of the work. This should require any online use to include this data in all images on the website.

Read more at Suite101: How to Protect Image Copyright on the Internet: All Online Images Should Have Contact and Copyright Data or Metadata http://photography.suite101.com/article.cfm/protecting_image_copyright#ixzz0uuJFCrhB

Let's not assume he is totally in the right. He hadn't done anything proactive to protect his precious pictures, so that tells us he is simply trying to lash out because he thinks he can.

Way to defend Baez...Anyway, there are steps a person should take to protect their pics if they're that important to them

"The photographer should ensure a credit is published with images – in most cases they have a legal right to assert their status as creator of the work. This should require any online use to include this data in all images on the website.

Read more at Suite101: How to Protect Image Copyright on the Internet: All Online Images Should Have Contact and Copyright Data or Metadata http://photography.suite101.com/article.cfm/protecting_image_copyright#ixzz0uuJFCrhB

Let's not assume he is totally in the right. He hadn't done anything proactive to protect his precious pictures, so that tells us he is simply trying to lash out because he thinks he can.
bbm

As far as we know he or his lawyer didn't send any cease and desist letters to any of these website owners, that is supposed to be the first thing anyone does before they consider any stupid lawsuits.
I was always with the understanding that photos can be used for news, education and also altered for parody by anyone.

Do you mean a "mis-remember"?

Actually after the amount of time that Baez has spent with Casey and the Anthony clan he has become infected with the selective CRS that they all suffer from. Hopefully a cure is in the works. :crazy:

Nah...it's only gonna get worse...You can't cure stupid!

BBM
That is exactly what I believe he is doing...going for the Drama, another reason for Baez to go seek out the Media and bring more attention to himself.:twocents:

I don't believe for a second he did not know about the PRIVACY settings on Facebook...Baez IMO CHOSE NOT to set his account to Private :twocents:

I personally feel that JB was perfectly o.k. with his FB page being 'public' while it was feeding his ego via people visiting his page BUT once someone started to use his photos for some satire it crossed the line and the joke was on him .... with egg on his face.

He was using it as a marketing tool and not just for 'friends'.

Thanks for posting that - which even I knew! Is this kinda like an expectation of privacy on a jail phone with an inmate who isn't your client?
Wah, wah, wah!!
Oh my, between us "bloggers" and the State, Mr. Baez isn't having a very good week at all. And...it's only Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper