Casey Anthony's Cell Phone Records

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is what I got from another thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68910

Casey's flurry of cellphone calls on June 16th, 2008
Note: I only call it a "flurry" b/c thats how the media describes it, I can't say if indeed it is a flurry...

3:03pm - George Anthony's Cell (67 min to the next call) *Casey's father
4:10pm - Cindy Anthony's Work (1 minutes to the next call) *Casey's mother
4:11pm - Cindy Anthony's Cell (2 minutes to the next call) *
4:13pm - Cindy Anthony's Cell (1 minutes to the next call) *
4:14pm - Cindy Anthony's Work (5 minutes to the next call) *
4:19pm - Anthony Lazzaro (2 minutes to the next call) *Casey's Boyfriend
4:21pm - Jesse Grund (3 minutes to the next call) *Casey's ex-Boyfriend
4:24pm - Cindy Anthony's Cell (8 minutes to the next call) *Casey's mother
6:32pm - The Anthony Home (1 minute to the next call) *Casey's mother and father's house
6:33pm - Voicemail (33 minutes to the next call) *
7:06pm - The Anthony Home (14 minutes to the next call) *Casey's mother and father's house
7:20pm - Amy Huizenga (? anymore calls after that) *Casey's close friend at the time

June 17th's Tuesday's records were not revealed

June 18th Casey's Call Log

12:33pm - The Anthony Home
12:34pm - Cindy Anthony's Cell
12:35pm - The Anthony Home
12:36pm - George Anthony Cell
1:09pm - Cindy Anthony's Cell
1:11pm - The Anthony Home

Does anyone know if ANY of these calls were answered? I find it strange that Cindy could not be reached at home, cell or work UNLESS she told people at work that she did not want to talk to Casey. Same with George. Also ironic that none of her friends would answer her calls either. Why no calls to Lee? Just thinking out loud.

I'm wondering what everyone's theory is regarding the famous "flurry of phone calls" when Casey attempted to contact her parents and others multiple times on the afternoon of the 16th (IIRC). Way back before the DNA and chloroform evidence came to light, I thought maybe that was when an accident took place (in the pool or whatever) and Casey was panicking and trying to reach someone to tell them about it. That theory doesn't make sense to me anymore. NOW what I think happened is this: I think she was actually trying to reach someone to babysit Caylee that night. Does anyone know whether there was some party or event at Fusian that night? Maybe she was trying to call people to watch Caylee, which would explain the call to JG. I think JG would watch her if he wasn't busy... he knew Caylee well. But maybe when she couldn't find a babysitter for the night she decided to use the chloroform? Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts about this.

Good theory, I've thought about this also.

Maybe this has already been answered but has anyone merged the cell phone call log with the location pings? Just curious as to where she was while making these calls.

Does anyone know if ANY of these calls were answered? I find it strange that Cindy could not be reached at home, cell or work UNLESS she told people at work that she did not want to talk to Casey. Same with George. Also ironic that none of her friends would answer her calls either. Why no calls to Lee? Just thinking out loud.
Excellent question! Why no call to Lee? As far as I remember, ALL of the calls went unanswered. It's just weird, I wish we knew why she was needing to talk to someone so bad. Like I said in the first post... at first I thought it was because of an accident that happened to Caylee, but why would she not call 911 if she was worried about the child, instead of parents and friends?

Thank you Sadie! Yes that is why I referred to it as a flurry too... Now then do you happen to know the time and day she borrowed the shovel from the neighbor? Sorry my macbook screen cracked and I had to send it off to get fixed. I had the 400 docs and all the other stuff on that computer. (Dang it!) I was just wondering if she called the house before she went over there to make sure nobody was home.

It has been reported that the shovel was borrowed on the 18th. And those calls were around the same time she was at the house, by the neighbor's telling of events. I agree that she was trying to make sure no one was home.

In the beginning I thought perhaps she was paranoid and trying to find out where everyone was. I did not know that JG was on the list. Did she have any plans with him that day?

Also, was it like her to keep calling people back until she got an answer?

A question about the calls--- Does anyone know what her phone log records look like before this? Perhaps she has a pattern of making calls at a certain time of day? I know for myself, I always call my mom/sister/friends, while on the 35 min drive to my sons school in the afternoons. If someone were to look at my call logs, they might see a call to my moms cell, then if she is not avail, a call to my sis cell, etc. This is only important if it were TRULY a flurry of calls, and a different pattern than she has established in the past. I would also love to know the pattern of calls after this time--did she continue to try and call Mom and Dad, or did the calls just stop?

Wasn't the last call on Monday to Kyle?

Monday night: Most likely used the chloroform to babysit Caylee that night....Accidental death?
Tuesday: at a desolate area near the airport...Looking for assistance or location? Do we know phone calls?
Wednesday: most likely when she returned to house/backyard & attempted to hide Caylee.

IMO Caylee must have been in the trunk quite awhile for the strong odor

Maybe this has already been answered but has anyone merged the cell phone call log with the location pings? Just curious as to where she was while making these calls.

I saw on NG whre she had a map of all the cell ping locations...Do we have it here?

A question about the calls--- Does anyone know what her phone log records look like before this? Perhaps she has a pattern of making calls at a certain time of day? I know for myself, I always call my mom/sister/friends, while on the 35 min drive to my sons school in the afternoons. If someone were to look at my call logs, they might see a call to my moms cell, then if she is not avail, a call to my sis cell, etc. This is only important if it were TRULY a flurry of calls, and a different pattern than she has established in the past. I would also love to know the pattern of calls after this time--did she continue to try and call Mom and Dad, or did the calls just stop?
I hear you, I'm the same way with my phone call patterns except if I don't get answer I don't keep calling back, I just figure they'll see it on their caller id and get back with me. But that's just me. I think all the calls just stopped after that "flurry".

I hear you, I'm the same way with my phone call patterns except if I don't get answer I don't keep calling back, I just figure they'll see it on their caller id and get back with me. But that's just me. I think all the calls just stopped after that "flurry".

My 24 yo daughter has "flurried" me with phone calls. She starts with my cell, then the house phone or her dad's phone then back to my cell. Sometimes I ignore her because I am busy and then when I answer.. she tells me the most unimportant thing. :rolleyes: drives me nuts! Sometimes when we used to really have an argument she would flurry me with phone calls and I would ignore her. Also when she was 19 she worked for a cell phone company. She had a old phone and a newer phone. She would swap sim cards because the new phone did not work very well. She also had phone numbers stored both in the phone and on the card. Just last month her phone broke and she went back to an older phone and she had numbers on it that was not on the phone she broke and visa versa... I think alot of young girls are "scattered-brained." Not saying that there was NOT something behind the "flurry of calls" but I also have to agree that looking at a overall calling pattern would be conducive to good sleuthing.

Were there ever any ideas as to why she didn't call Lee?

Well, maybe she spoke to GA about talking CA out of whatever the argument was about. If CA was firm on tossing her butt out but GA was not as vocal during the fight she may have tried to get dad to relent and talk him into talking to her mom. GA tells her to call her mother but CA is ticked and does not answer the phone so then she starts calling her friends to *advertiser censored* about her. That only fuels the fire some more. Just a theory.

The shovel date is not in the documents. The neighbor could not give a solid date but Mark F. on GVS says that the neighbor wasn't sure of the dates she borrowed the shovel and than after a commercial break come back and says the 18th. I can't give the link right now my computer is sick and at the doctor's with a virus. It is still on the Fox news web site under On the Record.
It may have been later confirmed but I have not found anything other place that makes it official. Since that report on GVS it has now become part of the timeline.
If anyone else has seen something on the shovel I would love to read it.

Were there ever any ideas as to why she didn't call Lee?

I wondered the same myself, maybe Lee was with her?

I would think if she trusted or revealed anything to anyone, it would have been him. I wonder if LE confirmed his wherabouts during these days?

I could see Casey crying to her brother about an "accident" with Caylee. I could also seea panicked Casey convicing him to help her dispose / hide the body.

"you know what mom is going to do if she finds out what happened"

We do not know much about their relaionship with other, however, if they grew up in the same house, it would seem plausible that they stuck together and helped each other avoid getting "in trouble".

I do not think she called due to an accident at all. If there was an accident she would call 911, then call family.
I think you are right, she wanted a sitter and couldnt get one (no one was talking to her.they were mad) so she didnt care anymore/got upset and drugged Caylee and left her alone OR she may have killed her and just made those calls to have an alibi to the kidnapping story and say she was franctically calling people afterwards. (which wont hold up in court/cause you call 911 not your Mommy).

I think the flurry on the 16th were in response to the family feud. I think that's when she was told to grow up and get out or made the decision to throw a temper tantrum due to the $$$ situation. She seems to like having the last word.

I think another flurry occurred on the 17th on or about the time of the "incident" that made Caylee disappear. I think they have not released those records for a reason.

I don't think Casey would call 911 if she knew, or believed, the baby was already gone. Injury...yes/death...no

Think the flurry on the 18th (day of the shovel) might instead have been to make sure NO ONE was at home when she went over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleUCF
Back