Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's my point - we don't know if CA did confront FKC about her lies, do we? And yes, they did pussyfoot around FKC - and I think if you read any histories of living with a sociopath, you'll understand why.

We know she avoided challenging her about the Sports Authority job- she did not want to know. She bred and enabled this sociopath - it was always someone elses fault. Still is today....

1. What abuse would they have reported
2. CA probably did tell Casey exactly that, "Caylee stays with us - see how that worked out for them?

CA is stated to have called FCA an unfit mother numerous times- she could start by describing to DCF what generated those terrible remarks.

We know she avoided challenging her about the Sports Authority job- she did not want to know. She bred and enabled this sociopath - it was always someone elses fault. Still is today....

We don't actually know that - for all we know she did and KFC said oh Mom I just told him that to get him off my back, you know what he is like! He's complaining about me and he doesn't even have a job himself.

I'm not trying to rehash this stuff and start upsetting people, but it used to amaze me in the three years leading up to this trial that we would be running four or five threads complaining about CA and one about FKC.

And as soon a one person beats the CA drum, out rolls the very established urban legends about CA - what she absolutely did and did not do and should and should not have done. We don't know what's true - not as fact - but accept it completely as urban myth. It squeezes my brain.

No way do I want to defend anything about CA's behaviour - I don't like her and I don't think there is much I would like about her if I met and knew her except for her love of Caylee. It is the blind acceptance of myth as fact that gets to me. Look where it got us re George! We talked and talked. Baez rolled with it and now George is forever labeled a pedophile. Urban myths are dangerous stuff and IMO beneath us at WS without fact to support it.

What rights would they be trying to change, I wonder? I do agree that if the parent is unfit then the grandparents should be considered for custody if they would be fit to take on the child. But if the parent has legal custody, as Casey did, the grandparents can't just waltz in and take the child, even if it would be better for the child. If the A's are thinking they should just have been able to take Caylee away from Casey with no involvement from the courts, well, there's never gonna be a law that allows that.

IMO Cindy seemed pretty worried in that Myspace post. The gist was basically, "Who is taking care of Caylee since I've always been the one to do it and now she's just out there alone with her irresponsible mother?" I do think they probably didn't realize just how bad it could be, but OTOH they had to be pretty suspicious once a couple of weeks had passed and Casey was still giving them excuses not to see Caylee, excuses they had to know were lies. They had to know there was no nanny, no car accident, etc. They probably never imagined that Casey would hurt her, but they had to be worried about what was really going on and if Caylee was being tended to, fed, clothed, protected.

From the University of Florida regarding Grandparents Rights in Florida.

Florida has one of the highest numbers of grandchildren living in grandparent households. In the past, there were few rights given to relative caregivers. Now, these rights are improving.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fy433

A grandparent cannot just take over custody even if the child is seemingly in danger. You have to go through the system. This article gives us a "program" instituted by the State of Florida as of 2002 but that's a far cry from where we need to be. The A's should have been able to step in, tell KC to take off and get her life together and come back when she thought she could earn her rights back as a "mother". According to what the State of Florida says though, you have to allow the parent to take their child and you cannot say anything about it.....and in this case,.......it was already too late for Caylee. She should already been behind bars before 6/15/2008. Maybe changing the laws to fit the benefit of the victims (children) more appropriately will be something good that comes of this.

I can't see a law like that happening. If there is proof that the child is being harmed, the police and the courts need to become involved. That's way too open to abuse if the grandparents can just come in and kick the parent to the curb with no proof, no need to contact the authorities. I understand that in Caylee's case and that of many other children, that would have been for the best, but if there's no oversight and grandparents can just do whatever they want, they can come in and take the child if they just don't like the parents.

ETA: Before any of this happened, no complaints or reports had been made about Casey, even though they probably should have. Her parents had not told anyone about the stealing and the lying. Therefore, I doubt they would have had any legal standing to just kick Casey out and keep Caylee.

This is slightly O/T, but the discussion surrounding Cindy has me scratching my head. One theme from this whole tragic case, IMO, is Cindy's constant thumbing her nose at authority. I just wonder what happened in her life prior to make her so paranoid and distrustful of law enforcement.

This is slightly O/T, but the discussion surrounding Cindy has me scratching my head. One theme from this whole tragic case, IMO, is Cindy's constant thumbing her nose at authority. I just wonder what happened in her life prior to make her so paranoid and distrustful of law enforcement.
I don't think it was just law enforcement, everything I've seen shouts her need to control everything and everyone. I too have wondered what happened in her life to distrust anything other than her own ability to bully until she gets her way. Maybe that's an inherited trait in some people, but it seems more like self-protection to me...someone more familiar w/psychology might know?

IMO - Cindy is a power freak. She MADE George quit his only good job as a LE in Ohio because she wanted him home. So she says. So George says. The truth must be different here again. Cindy has ruled all from long ago. Her are family just puppets to have their strings pulled. Well these type of people always hate any true power officials. They threaten them being exposed as not all powerful to those they control. Cindy is just like a cult master when you think of it. Controlling and evil all the way. A law unto herself. Just look at the early video of Cindy's interviews with LE. She had more paperwork notes then the police. And kept on telling them how to do their job! What the truth was! Even where to sit at the interview tables!!! Cindy is mentally sick, incase you may have not noticed. Right to the point of being ever so religious, but not to any particular church. Or God. A most telling point.IMO That God she talked about on swearing in at court? IT WAS HERSELF!!!

"The core of evil is ego-centricity, whereby others are sacrificed rather than the ego of the individual."

People of The Lie
M. Scott Peck M.D.

I suspect she was another spoiled brat who could do no wrong - goes on to expect everyone to do her bidding all her life.

You mean when FKC was out on bond?

No, at the time she was calling her an unfit mother. Why let your grandchild be kept in the care of someone you consider totally unfit to care for her?
That gets me... Once DFC was on the scene CA was back to her public adoration of everything FCA, MOTY award and all that, but in private she knew that at the least FCA was very neglectful of Caylee, or abusive, we don't know what prompted her to call FCA that - numerous times.

IMO - Cindy is a power freak. She MADE George quit his only good job as a LE in Ohio because she wanted him home. So she says. So George says. The truth must be different here again. Cindy has ruled all from long ago. Her family just puppets to have their strings pulled. Well these type of people always hate any true power officials. They threaten them being exposed as not all powerful to those they control. Cindy is just like a cult master when you think of it. Controlling and evil all the way. A law unto herself. Just look at the early video of Cindy's interviews with LE. She had more paperwork notes then the police. And kept on telling them how to do their job! What the truth was! Even where to sit at the interview tables!!! Cindy is mental sick, incase you may have not noticed. Right to the point of being ever so religious, but not to any particular church. Or God. A most telling point.IMO That God she talked about on swearing in at court? IT WAS HERSELF!!!

You are so right. She adores herself. So does FCA.
Arrogance personified.

I can't see a law like that happening. If there is proof that the child is being harmed, the police and the courts need to become involved. That's way too open to abuse if the grandparents can just come in and kick the parent to the curb with no proof, no need to contact the authorities. I understand that in Caylee's case and that of many other children, that would have been for the best, but if there's no oversight and grandparents can just do whatever they want, they can come in and take the child if they just don't like the parents.

ETA: Before any of this happened, no complaints or reports had been made about Casey, even though they probably should have. Her parents had not told anyone about the stealing and the lying. Therefore, I doubt they would have had any legal standing to just kick Casey out and keep Caylee.

IF you are directing your comments to my post, I think you need to re-read it. You totally misinterpreted what I said. I gave you the policy as it is written but pointed out there is room for improvement, which I believe the article infers of itself.

in your ETA: you actually repeated what my feelings are so, we are in agreement on that but, that's where the misinterpretation comes in also. When I said KC should have already been in jail on 6/15/2008, that's what I meant. If the stealing and the lying had been out in the open, she might have been and the A's probably would have had legal standing to do something about custody of Caylee. As a matter of fact, for all we know, that was their intention. I never said nor meant to say that just because you don't "like" the parents, they can move in and take the kids. That would be ridiculous!

I think if KC was arrested for stealing the Anthony's would have bailed her out anyway. Just because someone is arrested for stealing doesn't mean they get their child taken away by the state.

IF you are directing your comments to my post, I think you need to re-read it. You totally misinterpreted what I said. I gave you the policy as it is written but pointed out there is room for improvement, which I believe the article infers of itself.

Thank you for clarifying for me. Perhaps I just read it incorrectly. I did not intend to misrepresent what you said.

You said: "A grandparent cannot just take over custody even if the child is seemingly in danger. You have to go through the system. This article gives us a "program" instituted by the State of Florida as of 2002 but that's a far cry from where we need to be. The A's should have been able to step in, tell KC to take off and get her life together and come back when she thought she could earn her rights back as a "mother". " The way I read it, it sounded like the grandparents "should have been able to step in." I guess I interpreted that as meaning that the grandparents should be able to step in without having to report the abuse to the police.

I guess I was just confused also because coming from the point of view of the Anthonys, they didn't do anything to even try to legally be able to step in, so I am unclear what they are lobbying for now. If you don't report whatever you see that concerns you with regard to the care of a child, then the parent is going to continue to have legal custody and you as the grandparent aren't going to have a leg to stand on.

I wonder why it took 3 years for this report to be finalized? As it stands now, it isn't worth the paper it is written on. Why didn't they have this done for the trial so that it could have been used in court by the Pros? It's almost like they didn't want to get that involved so they just dragged their feet until it was to late to do anything with it. So many children have fallen through the cracks thanks to Child Protective Services. There have been many children who were left with their parents/parent because CPS wanted to keep the family together...and the child ended up dead. In most cases there was plenty of proof that the child should not have been with the parents/parent. If George and Cindy had done something about Casey long ago they no doubt could have gotten custody of Caylee and she would be alive today. It just burns me when the different channels show the videos of Casey playing with Caylee like she is the best mother around! Heck, anyone can play mama in front of a camera once in a while. I totally detest Casey Anthony and I am glad that she has to come back to Orlando. She deserves whatever happens to her. I want to smack Jane Velez Mitchell. This is not political Jane! Maybe you should let Casey live with you and keep house for you or something as you are so concerned about her! If Jane had her way Casey wouldn't have to do the probation at all. Glad she didn't get to make the choice. I really believed the judge would let her off but thank God he didn't and I'm glad he layed into creepy Baiz too. Baiz is digging his own grave with his unethical behavior. He will do the same thing in every trial he does. I hope he loses his license in the long run.

She married into it. :floorlaugh:

Agree - it's something about keeping order in her life I think - not living in the middle of chaos - and I do wonder, knowing this need, how she didn't go completely bonkers living in a house with both George and FKC, both who seem to be getting into scrapes constantly. But it does make me wonder what her home life was like as a young person - and if Shirley in her prime was a very controlling person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back