Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here it is August 15th and I still cannot get over the verdict of not guilty. I have no idea what happened behind the closed door of the jury room. I have read and probably even written a post or two myself about the the inept jury. But what gets me is how we say they were uneducated without common since etc, ect. I'm uneducated but do have common since and I would have caused a hung jury just on the 31 days alone. The defense says something to the effect that CFCA was affraid to go to LE because this is how she was raised and such, see I do not buy that at all. In this day and age there are plenty of resources out there to protect a person if they need to report something as bad as an "accidental drowing" or "kidnapping". As far as the small amount of time the jury spent deliberating, if the verdict had been the way we expected it to go we would be praising the jury for seeing through the BS the defense spewed. I also think of that serial killer (Sowell I think his name is) that jury deliberated an hour I think and they convicted him, it took longer for the court to read the vedrdicts on 85 counts than it took for the jury to deliberate. So the amount of time spent in the jury room deliberating really means nothing to me. I can't help but wonder if there was a bully in the CFCA jury though. A bully would not have swayed me to see things his/her way though.
I really wish we had seen justice done for Caylee. It has been 3 long years and this grown women still gets her own way at every turn. I want to get over this as nothing I feel or say will ever change the outcome for Caylee.
IMVHO, you are very well educated, my friend.

Here it is August 15th and I still cannot get over the verdict of not guilty. I have no idea what happened behind the closed door of the jury room. I have read and probably even written a post or two myself about the the inept jury. But what gets me is how we say they were uneducated without common since etc, ect. I'm uneducated but do have common since and I would have caused a hung jury just on the 31 days alone. The defense says something to the effect that CFCA was affraid to go to LE because this is how she was raised and such, see I do not buy that at all. In this day and age there are plenty of resources out there to protect a person if they need to report something as bad as an "accidental drowing" or "kidnapping". As far as the small amount of time the jury spent deliberating, if the verdict had been the way we expected it to go we would be praising the jury for seeing through the BS the defense spewed. I also think of that serial killer (Sowell I think his name is) that jury deliberated an hour I think and they convicted him, it took longer for the court to read the vedrdicts on 85 counts than it took for the jury to deliberate. So the amount of time spent in the jury room deliberating really means nothing to me. I can't help but wonder if there was a bully in the CFCA jury though. A bully would not have swayed me to see things his/her way though.
I really wish we had seen justice done for Caylee. It has been 3 long years and this grown women still gets her own way at every turn. I want to get over this as nothing I feel or say will ever change the outcome for Caylee.

Personally, I'd take a friend with common sense over one with a PHD anyday. lol

I read the DCFS report when it came out and I recall (hopefully correctly!) that the department's investigation began as the result of a complaint/report from someone. Has it been published anywhere who filed that complaint/report? If so, who filed it? Anyone know?

I read the DCFS report when it came out and I recall (hopefully correctly!) that the department's investigation began as the result of a complaint/report from someone. Has it been published anywhere who filed that complaint/report? If so, who filed it? Anyone know?

As in all cases, LE had to report it because KC lied about Caylee being missing, who she was with and claiming to have talked to Caylee on June 15th, plus the original charges were for child abuse which SA dropped when they recharged her with 1st degree murder. jmo

..as 'lambchop' says--the DCF investigation began with LE reporting kc / missing child caylee to them--------the final report came out, as bob kealing reported, due to a "public records request".

..he didn't say who it was that made the request.

Thanks for the responses. My confusion is that the first line of the report says:

"On December 28th, 2008, the Florida Abuse Hotline received a report alleging....", etc., etc., etc.

....which sounded to me as if it was a 'citizen' report.

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2011-08/272204480-11143144.pdf

So law enforcement would have gone through the Florida Abuse Hotline to make file their complaint? And in December?

Thanks for the responses. My confusion is that the first line of the report says:

"On December 28th, 2008, the Florida Abuse Hotline received a report alleging....", etc., etc., etc.

So law enforcement would have gone through the Florida Abuse Hotline to make file their complaint? And in December?

Yes, it is confusing isn't it. :waitasec:

..thanks....i hadn't even noticed that first line...

..the DCF initially began their investigation on july 17th/2008, the day after kc was arrested.

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF
-----DCF Reports---July 2008---August 2008----casey anthony--

..thanks....i hadn't even noticed that first line...

..the DCF initially began their investigation on july 17th/2008, the day after kc was arrested.

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF
-----DCF Reports---July 2008---August 2008----casey anthony--

So what is the new report saying then by stating the December date? Is that the date that DCFS got a 'final' report (since Caylee's remains had been found by that point) from law enforcement? Is that what it means? And again, I find it odd that a law enforcement agency would use the "Florida Abuse Hotline" to file their report. How is that logical (yeah, I know, it's "Florida" and we do things weird here LOL but you get my point)? Where can I find out more about this? I'm just curious to know if anyone besides law enforcement filed complaints about Ms. Anthony, et al., like concerned citizens, neighbors, friends of Ms. Anthony's, etc. Perhaps the December date refers to a report from someone other than law enforcement, especially since it came through that "hotline".

Seems to me a lot of things were too prejudicial. I half expected Casey to show up at court in nun's habit with a halo over her head. That's how much stuff was kept out that was prejudicial. I felt like she was allowed to be whitewashed for court, and the jury just didn't have enough info on the real Casey to come to a good decision. I understand defendant's rights and all of that, but it seems like stuff that was declared too prejudicial was way overboard in this case. I never liked that. Her stealing couldn't come in, and to hear that this DCF report couldn't come in either just makes me mad.

Your post echos my thoughts. :seeya:

LOL about a nuns habit. Apparently the little house on the praire look had the same affect on the jurors. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back