Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But if Cindy had called the DCP right away or even a few days after Casey was gone, and said my daughter who is the primary caretaker if Caylee has not been home, would the DCP do anything? Wouldn't they say the primary care is allowed to take the child to her boyfriend's and other places... that she doesn't have to sleep home every night? I mean Cindy didn't suspect Caylee was being abused, so would the DCP do anything if you tell them my daughter just won't come home with the baby but she has never abused her?

Additionally, FKC had every right to take her child and leave if she wanted to. While CA and GA may be concerned for Caylee's welfare in their own right, there was nothing legally they could have done at the time.

I read that the grandfather should have been interviewed. My, what a difference that would have made, IF this document had been presented as evidence. Why was this not produced as evidence? Even without the grandfather and maternal uncle, it screams...oh, nevermind. I'm getting very very angry. :banghead:

:hug:

Additionally, FKC had every right to take her child and leave if she wanted to. While CA and GA may be concerned for Caylee's welfare in their own right, there was nothing legally they could have done at the time.

Legally, no there was nothing they could do. However, IMO, they could have easily changed the locks on the house one night when Casey was "working" and Caylee was at the home with Cindy and George. Casey comes home, can't get in the house and does what? Calls the police? I doubt it. Casey would have seen that as a slap from Cindy but she would have left Caylee with Cindy and George and gone about her life. Unfortunately Cindy and Casey feed off of one another and Cindy would have never done that. Caylee was used as a pawn by both women. There was a constant power struggle between them and Caylee was used as leverage against the other all the time. In the end, Caylee suffered the most and paid with her life.

MOO

Why is he waiting till his vacation starts to rule on this? Any answers I can come up with aren't good. First Strickland takes off on vacation. It gets passed to HHJP and now he is starting vacation Fri @ COB...It's gotta make u wonder, doesn't it? Surprise me Judge, surprise me!

BBM: Now that would be a "SURPRISE SURPRISE" if JP were to rule the 'RIGHT WAY' ... but I doubt it ...

Yep ... it's "hinky" there all right at OC ...

JS is on vacation and JP gets the case ...
JP CAN'T (or WON'T) make a ruling ... using "case law" as the "excuse"
JP is going on vacation next week ...

DCF releases this report today ... and MOO ... I "think" it might have something to do with what is "supposed" to be coming out tomorrow -- IF a BIG IF -- the probation ruling comes out on Friday ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

From the report:

July 12: After they had not seen Caylee for some time, the maternal grandparents were concerned and confronted the mother.

July 15: The maternal grandparents went to Johnson's Wrecker Service blah, blah blah

Can someone refresh my memory how the confronted her on that date?

So apparently it is not against the law to lie to DCS, when they are called in to investigate a missing child, or child neglect, or child abuse or anything else they are called in for.

Apparently if you belong the Ant Clan, lying to anyone, about anything, is OK. Even in court, under oath. OT_ Apparently though ANYONE can lie in court, or about anything, and get away with it. I see it all the time... immigration, court, lie to the police, lie about employment history, arrest record, and on and on. Did anything happen to the potential jurors during jury selection when they lied about prior arrests, etc.? I remember several who lied, got caught in the lie, and were dismissed, but did anything happen to them A fine? Probably not.

The Ants lied to authorities, and on the stand. ICA made gestures and facial expressions, nodded her head yes or no, and probably texted in court. What happened to her? (I realize her crime was larger than these examples, but still, not even an admonishment).

The Anthony's are immune and untouchable. :banghead: However, I SO believe in Karma. Just waiting. :waiting:

Who Cares? They had every moral and ethical right to protect that child and they didn't. I don't want to hear about the eyes of the law. I am well aware of that. How about the eyes of God...the eyes of morality...the eyes of that child...FGS!!

They knew their daughter was not capable of taking care of the baby and they let it go. They could have reported it. They could have found her. They did nothing till their backs were against the wall and even then they stalled.

I keep hitting THANKS, but it isn't showing. ITA with you. This has been eating me & was my first thought when I read this.
At the very least the police would have probably done a well check on Caylee.
I know here in Canada where I am they have to investigate any report by anyone. I've seen it done.

Perhaps the media and publishing companies finally listened to the public - who largely thinks the Anthony family is a nefarious, greedy and dishonest group. I wrote to several publishers and all the cable news channels, begging them NOT to allow the Anthonys to make more blood money. I'm guessing many people did the same.

Me too. I will continue to write to any publisher that hints at giving these scammers an outlet. Protest does work.

That's what I would figure. The only thing Cindy could have done was to pretend her car was being stolen.

From the report:

July 12: After they had not seen Caylee for some time, the maternal grandparents were concerned and confronted the mother.

July 15: The maternal grandparents went to Johnson's Wrecker Service blah, blah blah

As far as I know, and what I can remember, that never happened. Perhaps that is the "Anthony date system" at work again. You know, like Caylee was last seen on June 9th, 2008 but then when a video surfaces they magically remember it was June 15th, 2008 instead.

From the report:

Huh? I can only think that CA texting/calling FCA to hear the lie of the day is what they mean by confrontation...:innocent:

From the report:

To my knowledge this was never admitted too or made public.:banghead:

Here in SC we have DSS. Like child protective services in most states, ours is messed up as well. I could tell of some horror stories where DSS has witnessed child abuse and looked the other way. Unfortunately there are many problems that child protective service workers have to deal with. There are the politics, the lack of funds to do the job correctly, the lack of the appropriate number of workers based on the number of cases each worker is assigned, etc. In return, the children suffer.

In Caylee's case DCF should have been called long before Caylee went "missing", IMO. If Cindy had been serious in knowing that Casey was unable to care for Caylee instead of going to a counselor for advice, her first stop should have been to report her concerns to a DCF worker. IF that had been done then maybe, just maybe, Caylee would have been taken out of the home and protected against Casey and Cindy's power struggles.

It is odd that this report is being released now. What purpose does it serve now? DCF will not do anything about this report if Casey has another child UNLESS DCF is called about the possible abuse of the child. It isn't as if DCF will be monitoring the hospitals in case Casey gives birth again, to sweep in and take the baby away from her. DCF will do nothing. So why release this to the public? Did the media get wind of this somehow and demand that it be released due to Susnshine Laws? Lots of unanswered questions still surround not only this case but this family.

I don't know what purpose it serves. If you read the report there is a summary of everything that happened with findings by OCSO, trial and things of that nature. In the middle of the report is this blurb: In July 2011, Casey Anthony was convicted of four counts of of providing false info. That helps them substantiate the neglect charges. Without her being convicted I'm sure it would have been harder to prove neglect.

But if Cindy had called the DCP or the police right away or even a few days after Casey was gone, and said my daughter who is the primary caretaker if Caylee has not been home, would the DCP do anything? Wouldn't they say the primary care is allowed to take the child to her boyfriend's and other places... that she doesn't have to sleep home every night? I mean Cindy didn't suspect Caylee was being abused, so would the DCP do anything if you tell them my daughter just won't come home with the baby but she has never abused her?

They should have tried anyway. Even if the laws might not allow CA and GA to know where KC and Caylee were (if police would have found them) at least they would be told that they had been found and were all right, if that were the case. Whether LE would have helped CA/GA find KC and her baby is questionable since KC was Caylee's mother with full custody. However, the grandparents should have tried! At least it would show that they cared.

I don't think they were worried in the beginning. But CA's myspace where she is obviously missing Caylee and wondering where she is, etc., says "my Caylee is missing." At the very least CA should have made an effort at that point to find her.

But the worst part, IMO, is covering for KC once they got her home, smelled the car, etc. Acting sooner would not have saved Caylee, but the grandparents' behavior after the fact ensured the baby would never get justice. So, IMO, these grandparents deserve no sympathy and should be the very last citizens to be heading or even working with any organization for missing children.

I could seriously BLOW a gasket! I honestly have NO words how in the HECK can the feds NOT bring a case against her!!!

BBM:

:waitasec: I think the "Feds" need to start looking into ALL GOVT. AGENCIES in Orange County in the State of Florida !

To use a "phrase" from this case ... "There's something wrong" ... "It smells like ... "

:waitasec:

Shouldn't the 31 days of Caylee "missing" that no one except Casey knew about not be considered child neglect? Was that not enough proof of the charge? What else did they need? A video tape of Caylee being neglected?

I dunno guys, the report says Cindy was concerned about Caylee's whereabouts. Yet, wen she called 911 the first time, she was calling about a stolen vehicle, the Pontiac. Did I miss her call to police in the month prior about her stolen car? She did have recourse, legal recourse...and yet...

:banghead:

Florida's DCF has a long and troubled past. I just don't understand why this report could not have been done sooner and made a part of the public record BEFORE the trial.:banghead:

Here is just one example of the many problems DCF has had:

DCF's missing children
Florida's child welfare system has been unable to locate more than 500 children under its care, some of them missing for a decade or more. Where are the children? A Sun-Sentinel search for 24 South Florida children on the missing list turned up nine -- two in under three hours.

August 11, 2002
Lost kids easily found: Sun-Sentinel turns up nine of DCF’s missing children
Florida's child welfare system has been unable to locate more than 500 children under its care, some of them missing for a decade or more.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-dcfstorygallery,0,6891643.storygallery

Dont forget Bradley McGee....he was 2 yrs old.
His "mother" lives in another state now and has another kid!

No, legally their hands were tied, BUT the police would have done a well check on Caylee. Ofcourse CA would have had to be honest & tell them the truth, her daughters a sociapath, lies, & has a history of theft.
I could never see that happening. Thing is, G & C did not even try!
There is nothing documented that they even tried to help Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back