Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Legally, no there was nothing they could do. However, IMO, they could have easily changed the locks on the house one night when Casey was "working" and Caylee was at the home with Cindy and George. Casey comes home, can't get in the house and does what? Calls the police? I doubt it. Casey would have seen that as a slap from Cindy but she would have left Caylee with Cindy and George and gone about her life. Unfortunately Cindy and Casey feed off of one another and Cindy would have never done that. Caylee was used as a pawn by both women. There was a constant power struggle between them and Caylee was used as leverage against the other all the time. In the end, Caylee suffered the most and paid with her life.

MOO

I think if that had been done, that would fall under the label of "kidnapping" since they would have been keeping a child from it's parent and legal guardian and yes, if FKC had called the police, the police would have removed the child from the Anthony's and returned her to her rightful guardian, as sad as that is.

Shouldn't the 31 days of Caylee "missing" that no one except Casey knew about not be considered child neglect? Was that not enough proof of the charge? What else did they need? A video tape of Caylee being neglected?

The child neglect charge was dropped by the State when they decided to pursue 1st degree murder.

In my state there was a single mom who at the time of the birth of the child, hospital staff were concerned about his welfare if she were allowed to take him home. But DCF said there was nothing they could do; she had a legal right to her child and they could not step in unless she actually put the child in harm's way. All legal recourse was explored by nurses at the hospital who hoped to keep the mother from taking her baby with her upon discharge. There simply was no recourse allowed by law.

Six weeks later the baby was dead, beaten by either the mom or her BF. She said "he did it", he said "she did it." Both buried the baby in the back yard late one night. DCF arrived to do their report, one that made public the info about everyone being worried about the welfare of the child even before it was born.

Many people tried to save this child but the law protected the mother's rights.

okay, so what is the penalty for this?

You mean for the findings of the DCF report?
I heard there's no penalty other than going on her "permanent record". The child is deceased and there were no siblings. So DCF bowed out. I'm pretty sure they made that statement during their presser.

From the report:

July 12: After they had not seen Caylee for some time, the maternal grandparents were concerned and confronted the mother.

July 15: The maternal grandparents went to Johnson's Wrecker Service blah, blah blah

Can someone refresh my memory how the confronted her on that date?

Mistruth of course, IMO.....Where did they confront her? At Target or Winn Dixie?...July 12, 2008 was a Saturday and in the timeline it showed Casey was out shopping and writing checks from Amy's checkbook on that day.

what's with the individual pressers - DCF, Lamar's office (that said they weren't showing up at probation hearing last friday) & and official stating they aren't going (now) after money owed re:fraud case, And the Anthony's should just have one presser, have a reporter ask "all those not concerned & can't be bothered raise your hand" - they all raise their hands, walk out, end of presser.

The child neglect charge was dropped by the State when they decided to pursue 1st degree murder.

I wasn't talking about the court case against Casey, I was talking about the part in the DCF report that Casey being convicted of 4 counts of lies to LE helped them (DCF) determine that Caylee was neglected. It sounds to me as if the DCF workers that were on Caylee's case had the same problem as the Pinellas 12.

Mistruth of course, IMO.....Where did they confront her? At Target or Winn Dixie?...July 12, 2008 was a Saturday and in the timeline it showed Casey was out shopping and writing checks from Amy's checkbook on that day.

Did they not confront her on the evening of the 15th - the same day they retrieved the car from the towing yard?

I wasn't talking about the court case against Casey, I was talking about the part in the DCF report that Casey being convicted of 4 counts of lies to LE helped them (DCF) determine that Caylee was neglected. It sounds to me as if the DCF workers that were on Caylee's case had the same problem as the Pinellas 12.

The legal problem is unless there are direct influences from any convictions, there is no legal recourse if there were no signs of neglect or abuse regarding the child. You can be darned nearly anything and still have custody of a child if it's not proven the child is very neglected.

The laws protect the rights of a parent above all else. It is very hard to prove "an unfit mother" charge. Even then at least here in Canada - the first recourse is counselling, working with a worker, placing a care worker in the home, blah blah. The very last resort is apprehension. It is the laws that need to be changed. The "family" is protected above and beyond the rights of the child.

I know this because as a young child, I and my brothers and sisters were apprehended by the DOCW - and kept as "government hostages" unavailable for adoption for fourteen years, despite many attempts to do so, because my "parent" refused to sign away her rights as a parent.
Fortunately the laws have changed and there is now a time limit on that length of time. No child should have to live as an "invisible child" for fourteen years.

Did they not confront her on the evening of the 15th - the same day they retrieved the car from the towing yard?

Cindy did on the 15th, after finding her at Tony's, however, the DCF report claims that mom and dad confronted Casey on the 12th as well. That was before the car was discovered to be in the tow yard, before mom and dad knew about the smell and is obviously not correct information.

There is a social services report around somewhere and it is very interesting - I don't know how you go about getting it; but the ss person who was at the Anthony home and went there to get information from KC about Caylee remarks in her notes on the back and forth between Cindy and KC and it is eye opening. There is no way, no way, no way that Cindy was not aware that KC was involved in this. The report speaks volumes. It is incredible to read and see how much Cindy will deny.

By the way Logical - have a great weekend.

There is a social services report around somewhere and it is very interesting - I don't know how you go about getting it; but the ss person who was at the Anthony home and went there to get information from KC about Caylee remarks in her notes on the back and forth between Cindy and KC and it is eye opening. There is no way, no way, no way that Cindy was not aware that KC was involved in this. The report speaks volumes. It is incredible to read and see how much Cindy will deny.

Hmmmmmmm by chance do you have a lnk to that one? I must have missed that one........other than a coronary, I don't think i could get anymore pizzed if I read additional info!

Hmmmmmmm by chance do you have a lnk to that one? I must have missed that one........other than a coronary, I don't think i could get anymore pizzed if I read additional info!

I don't think I can handle being any more pizzed. :banghead: This whole shebang is unfreakingbelievable.

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

----Original DCF Report-----Casey Anthony---

The legal problem is unless there are direct influences from any convictions, there is no legal recourse if there were no signs of neglect or abuse regarding the child. You can be darned nearly anything and still have custody of a child if it's not proven the child is very neglected.

The laws protect the rights of a parent above all else. It is very hard to prove "an unfit mother" charge. Even then at least here in Canada - the first recourse is counselling, working with a worker, placing a care worker in the home, blah blah. The very last resort is apprehension. It is the laws that need to be saved. The "family" is protected above and beyond the rights of the child.

I know this because as a young child, I and my brothers and sisters were apprehended by the DOCW - and kept as "government hostages" unavailable for adoption for fourteen years, despite many attempts to do so, because my "parent" refused to sign away her rights as a parent.
Fortunately the laws have changed and there is now a time limit on that length of time. No child should have to live as an "invisible child" for fourteen years.

:blowkiss:

So... where's Lippman and his response? Can't they figure out what to go with yet? Maybe they are waiting on a call from a P.R. firm to know what to say.

I think CA meant she confronted KC on the phone. jmo

Who Cares? They had every moral and ethical right to protect that child and they didn't. I don't want to hear about the eyes of the law. I am well aware of that. How about the eyes of God...the eyes of morality...the eyes of that child...FGS!!

They knew their daughter was not capable of taking care of the baby and they let it go. They could have reported it. They could have found her. They did nothing till their backs were against the wall and even then they stalled.

The Ants would be told there is nothing to be done, since they did not have custody. That is the law. Welfare of the child be damned. Really, that is how it works. I went through a similar circumstance and was told because I was the grandmother, nothing could be done!

Also, I do not think this document has any bearing on KC's future children. It would affect adoption, but she has plenty of other reasons to disallow adoption. I have seen many many cases where child protective services removes ONE child, and leaves others. I have seen on the news that a woman had children removed for abuse, and she goes on to have more that ARE left with her, till abuse is once again see. Pitiful.

While I believe friends, family and neighbors should not generally interfere with parents, sometimes it is important to report them. Not interfering can be fatal. Non-parents have no say if they disagree with a parent's clothing choice, educational/religious values, or TV schedule, for the child, but too often no one, including the authorities wants to say anything is they see an abused or neglected child. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back