Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You mean for the findings of the DCF report?
I heard there's no penalty other than going on her "permanent record". The child is deceased and there were no siblings. So DCF bowed out. I'm pretty sure they made that statement during their presser.

Yup, you're right--no penalty. Look on the bright side--maybe because this is on her permanent record, she won't be able to adopt that Irish-accent baby after all. :rolleyes: :loser:

I bet the Law Firm of Morgan and Morgan is happy today.

Oh wow, I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it. Hello, win for them now! I bet they are celebrating tonight!

>>>>>Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said
After a nearly three-year investigation, DCF officials release comprehensive review of Caylee's death.<<<<<<

Really? I wonder how they figured that out? One day she has her, the next week she is missing. Maybe running all over the county trying to find her is neglect? Casey went to two clubs ..two nights. Cocoa Beach twice. Yet she was neglectful?. .. . .. That ought to scare the bejeebus out of anyone who goes out and leaves their kid with a baby-sitter . . .. You may be neglectful, worse yet, arrested for it. ... . ..Someday, those that fail to see Casey's side of the argument; I hope they are put in a similar situation and can't find their child. . . Let the crying begin.

yep-CA had to have someone to blame and it was not going to be HER FKC!!

I'm sorry, but I so saw KFC instead of FKC and laughed. I immediately imagined Cindy protecting a bucket of chicken. I needed that laugh! I hope this isn't considered inappropriate.

After a nearly three-year investigation, DCF officials release comprehensive review of Caylee's death.<<<<<<

Really? I wonder how they figured that out? One day she has her, the next week she is missing. Maybe running all over the county trying to find her is neglect? Casey went to two clubs ..two nights. Cocoa Beach twice. Yet she was neglectful?. .. . .. That ought to scare the bejeebus out of anyone who goes out and leaves their kid with a baby-sitter . . .. You may be neglectful, worse yet, arrested for it. ... . ..Someday, those that fail to see Casey's side of the argument; I hope they are put in a similar situation and can't find their child. . . Let the crying begin.

Err,

DCF did not come to interview KC until CA called 911 and KC said Caylee was missing 31 days. KC was "working as a shot girl' for her BF TonE, and was out every night with him, not her child, also shopping on Amy's stolen checks. Her daughter was not seen for over a month, by her own mother. That is neglect. She told DCF she left her with the "fake nanny" the one that did not exist (hence failure to protect along with never calling 911), however, Caylee was found dead in a swamp, triple bagged and duct taped. I think that concludes DCF's findings.

KC was not protecting Caylee, nor did she report her missing. That is a mother's responsibility. I will leave it at that.

Both of these Grandparents should be charged with negligence. There daughter left their home with their car and with the child they completely care for. There daughter had no job, no money. She stole any money she had. She removed their well-cared for grandchild and took no food or clothing for the child with her. These two geniuses couldn't figure out on their own how to find their grandchild and never solicited any agency for help in locating her. They could have called THEIR car in stolen and LE would have found their daughter ASAP.

I want a good reason why this was never done and why they shouldn't be charged with neglect of the child. ANY concerned parent, grandparent, family member would not have taken 31 days (and longer if not for the circumstances) to look for a child who is with a mother who has no means of support and took no clothing for the child to wear.

Come on....the Anthonys know something terrible happened and played their "Denial" game which is their excuse for getting out of trouble. No wonder they have an attorney, they are also also guilty....guilty of stupidity and neglect of a child. I am sick of putty-footing around this. Why didn't they go and find their daughter ASAP?? I don't want to hear the excuse.."She was with her mommy". Her mommy has no money and didn't bring any clothes for the child. We have given these parents a pass. They have been covering for that daughter of theirs since the first hour she drove off in THEIR car with Caylee with no food, clothing or money to care for the child.

I agree with you totally. I just think that at the time this happened the A's let their rage at Casey over ride their concern for Caylee. After the fight that happened I think Cindy was totally enraged. When Casey disappeared I think Cindy thought that was just fine - she was teaching Casey a lesson by letting her have to care for Caylee all on her own. She thought Casey would fail miserably and come back on her knees begging to be allowed back into the home and family. Wasn't that hinted at by other people at the time? That Cindy decided to just let Casey see how hard it was going to be to have Caylee all on her own? She thought she was setting Casey up to fail. By the time that rage had faded and Cindy's plan hadn't worked they were all back to their stalemate position of playing Casey's game of pretending to believe her lies. I think concern for Caylee didn't start until around the time Cindy sent Lee out to track Casey down. And even then that was really more about control and vindictiveness. True concern for Caylee didn't kick in until they found the car. I think the A's knew their daughter had major issues but really they were more interested in playing & winning their power struggle game with her and Caylee was just another pawn in that game. Honestly it sickens me how Caylee is described as the "love of their lives" now. That is the most revisionist piece of baloney I have ever heard. I doubt they will ever be legally punished for what they neglected to do for Caylee. Their only punishment will be that they can never escape from themselves.

Grandparents have no rights and will never get any rights as far as their grandchildren are concerned unless the court finds that their particular case warrants them getting custody of their grandchildren. Each case is different. No one has the right to try and take children away from their parents unless there is neglect and that is up to the courts to decide on an individual basis. GA and CA had no right to take Caylee away from KC, BUT, in fact, they could have very likely gotten custody, even if it were temporary, by reporting KC to LE for the thiefs of money and misuse of CA's credit card. They could have gone to DCF and showed KC had no job and they were indeed supporting Caylee.

As a grandparent we can't ask to have a law in place that would permit us to just walk in and take a child away from the parent. It's never going to happen. Grandparents who are frustrated with the system that does not seem to listen to them will of course support the A's foundation but in reality it is never going anywhere. It's just easier at this point to blame the system (lack of grandparent's rights) than to admit there were "red flags" but CA was too busy covering up KC's misbehavior incidents and lost her opportunity to keep Caylee from harm. She did not know, or imagine, how spitful KC really was. Watching the jailhouse tapes and knowing KC knew Caylee was dead and how she taunted her mother with speculation that Caylee was still alive and with someone who would not hurt her.

Anyone else notice that in the DCF report they stated that there was "no medical history found on this child". No doctor's reports, no dentist reports. Am I understanding that correctly? They surely had to check with Caylee's doctor to see if there were any signs of suspected abuse, unexplained injuries, etc. There was no medical history found. I'm sorry but if this is true that is neglect. jmo

Re: the no medical history issue is typically noted in CPS records as meaning to be no "significant" medical history. In my experience, general medical history is not usually recorded (ie: earaches, tonsils, chicken pox, normal childhood development) and only information that is significant to the ongoing investigation of the case is generally recorded. For instance, if the child has had previous broken bones with questionable reports of how it happened and/or unexplained bruising and there is a new referral for physical abuse allegations. Or another instance would be if the child has a deblilitating condition and they were unable to care for themselves (ie: child has CP and parent is not appropriately caring for child). I believe Dr. G's report also was worded the same way on the ME report regarding no medical history. Also, IIRC there were no previous reports to CPS about possible abuse or neglect of Caylee.

Fail to see Kc side of the argument and what might that be? There was no babysitter to begin with.Not to mention her daughter was throw away like trash for animal to feed on while she was out clubbing and staying in bed all day with her new bo. I would say that was way more then neglect. And lets not forget she also lied to DCF just like she did to LE.

I'm sorry, but I so saw KFC instead of FKC and laughed. I immediately imagined Cindy protecting a bucket of chicken. I needed that laugh! I hope this isn't considered inappropriate.

Not at all, IMO. We have been through so much with this case and just when you think you are going to rip your hair out, one of us always makes us laugh out loud. It is needed. And appreciated!!

Any child KC would have in the future would probably be turned over to the natural father or his family. I do not think the A's would be considered because KC accused her father of molesting her. Until that is cleared up by KC clearing her father and brother that would always be a consideration by the court. Right now it's KC's word against GA and LA. jmo

Which raises the question - Will DCFS keep an eye on any child that Lee and Mallory have? After all wouldn't that child be at risk given what has been alleged about that family? Does DCFS have any obligation to any future children in that family?

Which raises the question - Will DCFS keep an eye on any child that Lee and Mallory have? After all wouldn't that child be at risk given what has been alleged about that family? Does DCFS have any obligation to any future children in that family?

Not unless some sort of abuse is reported.

Not at all, IMO. We have been through so much with this case and just when you think you are going to rip your hair out, one of us always makes us laugh out loud. It is needed. And appreciated!!

True, and I think it every single time too. Makes me want some extra crispy, then I think of those photos! :eek:

Caylee never would have begrudged us laughter in life. So laugh when you can. And that is very rare in this sick case.

Fail to see Kc side of the argument and what might that be? There was no babysitter to begin with.Not to mention her daughter was throw away like trash for animal to feed on while she was out clubbing and staying in bed all day with her new bo. I would say that was way more then neglect. And lets not forget she also lied to DCF just like she did to LE.

What she originally said to LE in her handwritten statement. i didn't see any evidence that Casey threw her daughter away like trash. Got a link for that?

Not up on my acronyms. . .DCF?. .. . .oops, on edit. . Department of Children and Families. . .
but thanks anyway.

Maybe I'm the only one that is looking at this report as one for my side. I believe that FICA was directly responsible for Caylee's death and now I have an indisputable report from DCF that confirms this. Although it doesn't change anything from a legal aspect as far as her paying for this crime it does announce to the public that she is responsible. Theres no appeal, no legal argument to dispute the report. The DT has been banging their head against a very large wall to emerge from this mess without ANY dirt left on them or their client. This may be a small piece of dirt but it's one that WILL stick. If you are in the A's camp what are you going to say to me to convince me this isn't true?
What lie are you going to try to float, spin or spew. I know that FICA lied in this report and that's not going to go away. Don't call me little miss sunshine but don't pee on my parade either. I just finished watching Vinnie on HLN and how much fun at least half of the panel was having making fun of the convict. Little Miss Untouchable just got slapped a good one on national TV, so what is she going to do about that...Nothing!

Haven't had time to read the whole report yet, and this probably isn't part of it, but remember when DCF investigator came over and FCA was looking through doors for her paystubs from Universal to prove she worked there? Good times.

What she originally said to LE in here handwritten statement. i didn't see any evidence that Casey threw her daughter away like trash. Got a link for that?

Not up on my acronyms. . .DCF?

Your right it was but according to KC and her defense Caylee drowned in the swimming pool.I seen no evidence of a real babysitter either. If you do I would love a link thanks?

Hmmm ..a bit too late for this Captain Obvious moment don'tcha think? I wonder how this would have affected things had it been reported BEFORE the criminal trial :furious:

Please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered as I am just now getting on here, but does this mean that should FCA become pregnant again, that child could possibly be taken away from her based on this report?

Additionally, FKC had every right to take her child and leave if she wanted to. While CA and GA may be concerned for Caylee's welfare in their own right, there was nothing legally they could have done at the time.

Well they could have started the process of obtaining custody of Caylee. They could have reported their car stolen. They could have reported the financial thefts. They could have allowed Shirley to pursue charge against Casey for theft. If Casey was in jail the A's probably would have been granted at least temporary custody which would have given them a huge head start to gain permanent custody. There are a myriad of things they could have done but you are right in the sense that if they simply called the cops and asked them to find Casey and bring Caylee home they would not have been able to make that happen.

From the reports that DCF had been keeping that was apparently released earlier I found some interesting things that IMO DCF should have paid closer attention to.

There are clear errors in the reports that I will list below.

page 9

"The OCSO released the original 911 calls by the MGMX Ciindy Anthony to the Orlando Sentinel and media. In the first call the MGMX Cindy wanted the MX Casey arrested for grand theft due to stealing money and their car. The next call involved the disappearance of C/V Caylee. The MGMX stated the MX was originally missing and she found her, but the MX did not have the C/V. MX stated the C/V has been missing for a month and stated the babysitter stole her. The MGMX went SYD she found the car the MX was using and said "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car"."

Now the problem with this is what I have bolded. It was not the second 911 call that Cindy reported Caylee missing. It may mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but it would be nice if DCF could put the correct information in their reports when dealing with an innocent child that is supsected of chhild abuse/neglect.

Page 14

"Currently the Mother Casey is in jail without bond pending charges of child neglect and fraud-making false statements to LE. The following info comes from the OCSO narrative arrest report."
"The MGMX Cynthis Anthony became concerned and found the MX and brought her to her home. The MX initiated the call to the OCSO b/c the MGMX was going to do it."

Again, the bolded is incorrect information. Again, why is it that DCF can not be bothered to have the correct information in their reports?

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back