Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Legally, no there was nothing they could do. However, IMO, they could have easily changed the locks on the house one night when Casey was "working" and Caylee was at the home with Cindy and George. Casey comes home, can't get in the house and does what? Calls the police? I doubt it. Casey would have seen that as a slap from Cindy but she would have left Caylee with Cindy and George and gone about her life. Unfortunately Cindy and Casey feed off of one another and Cindy would have never done that. Caylee was used as a pawn by both women. There was a constant power struggle between them and Caylee was used as leverage against the other all the time. In the end, Caylee suffered the most and paid with her life.

MOO

Yup...change the locks and then call the law about the thefts out of CA's and SP's account. That would have fixed her a$$. :maddening:

Silly me. I thought the DFC worked for the people. As in the tax players of Florida. Their "COURTESY" should have been to the people. To do their job in a timely fashion. Like I said, silly me.

O.M.G.

Too little, TOO LATE really. This feels like an insult, rubbing salt into the wounds.

I just HOPE AND PRAY the Pineallas 12 read it - over and over again. And realise what they have done. :(

What she originally said to LE in her handwritten statement. i didn't see any evidence that Casey threw her daughter away like trash. Got a link for that?

Not up on my acronyms. . .DCF?. .. . .oops, on edit. . Department of Children and Families. . .
but thanks anyway.

BBM

Let's see. FCA was the last person to have been seen with Caylee. The defense alleged that FCA was there when Caylee 'drowned.' Caylee was subsequently found in trash bags, in a swamp.

Here's a link to a site that has videos of the trial. You'll find it in there.
http://www.wftv.com/index.html

>>>>>Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said
After a nearly three-year investigation, DCF officials release comprehensive review of Caylee's death.<<<<<<

Really? I wonder how they figured that out? One day she has her, the next week she is missing. Maybe running all over the county trying to find her is neglect? Casey went to two clubs ..two nights. Cocoa Beach twice. Yet she was neglectful?. .. . .. That ought to scare the bejeebus out of anyone who goes out and leaves their kid with a baby-sitter . . .. You may be neglectful, worse yet, arrested for it. ... . ..Someday, those that fail to see Casey's side of the argument; I hope they are put in a similar situation and can't find their child. . . Let the crying begin.

..during the 1 1/2 hour interview with kc , at home while she was out on bond in August/08-- she told DCF ( among many other things--like, she HAD spoken to caylee on july 15th ) that she had been looking for her for those 31 days.

..if you leave your child with a babysitter-----and the babysitter disappears ------WITH the child!-------it IS NEGLECT if you don't call the police.

..this has absolutely nothing to do with how many times kc went to a club during the 31 days that she FAILED to report caylee missing/kidnapped.

O.M.G.

Too little, TOO LATE really. This feels like an insult, rubbing salt into the wounds.

I just HOPE AND PRAY the Pineallas 12 read it - over and over again. And realise what they have done. :(
I agree with your post. I heard that DCF held this report at request of the primary agency (OCSO?)
Or maybe someone in their dept. remembered that it should have been released a while ago and wasn't.

If you remember JB put forth a theory, not fact, that Caylee drowned in the pool . . ..If you watched the end of the opening statement, he entered a caveat; "However this may never be proved in this case.". ..which left him a legal out. Naturally he didn't have to prove anything.

Page 26. . . ..Cindy identifies Zanny's apartment in the Sawgrass complex.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20224558/detail.html

Sorta odd that the apartment belonged to Ricardo Morales and his roommate Amy Huizenga. . .who had babyset Caylee in the past. . ...connect the dots.

BBM

..where at the end of his Opening Statement does he say that?

..amy and ricardo never babysat caylee.

BBM

..amy and ricardo never babysat caylee.
agreed!
They never even SAW Caylee after 6/9/08.
Caylee was on video tape alive 6/15/08 then,
Caylee spent her last night at the A's, per CA and GA.
IIRC

Here in SC we have DSS. Like child protective services in most states, ours is messed up as well. I could tell of some horror stories where DSS has witnessed child abuse and looked the other way. Unfortunately there are many problems that child protective service workers have to deal with. There are the politics, the lack of funds to do the job correctly, the lack of the appropriate number of workers based on the number of cases each worker is assigned, etc. In return, the children suffer.

In Caylee's case DCF should have been called long before Caylee went "missing", IMO. If Cindy had been serious in knowing that Casey was unable to care for Caylee instead of going to a counselor for advice, her first stop should have been to report her concerns to a DCF worker. IF that had been done then maybe, just maybe, Caylee would have been taken out of the home and protected against Casey and Cindy's power struggles.

It is odd that this report is being released now. What purpose does it serve now? DCF will not do anything about this report if Casey has another child UNLESS DCF is called about the possible abuse of the child. It isn't as if DCF will be monitoring the hospitals in case Casey gives birth again, to sweep in and take the baby away from her. DCF will do nothing. So why release this to the public? Did the media get wind of this somehow and demand that it be released due to Susnshine Laws? Lots of unanswered questions still surround not only this case but this family.

I have a niece that had a 2 yr old taken away and then gave birth to another (hospital was not the one she was supposed to go to, emergency thing) and they came and took that baby from the hospital. It was an ongoing case though. She did split with the daddy, but had already lost her rights. She now has another baby and no one has any concerns, since the abuse came from the daddy. So, it does happen, and everyone in the USA knows who she is.

There is no excuse for what cindy and george did. They neglected to find their grandchild. cindy and her daughter are reflections of each other. They will ride something out until they can go no further. In this case, it costs Caylee's life.

Cindy and george should have hunted down casey....period...AND it would not have been difficult.!!! There is no excuse for them to have sat back for 31 days. NONE of Caylee's clothes were taken FPS!!!

Come on! Why didn't they go find her? If it weren't for the car being towed, she'd still be missing unless somebody else cared enough to go out there...but I don't think Caylee had a very wide circle. If she was missing for 31 days and nobody was looking for her, we can assume, not many cared about her daily life.

I'm with you, Whisperer. How they didn't care enough to report the child missing all that time is shocking. Like you said, her clothes were still in the Anthony home, yet they "believed" Caylee had something to wear! The little girl had never been out of their home for more than two days, yet they chose to believe she was going from DisneyWorld, to Universal, to the beach, Busch Gardens, etc., without a change of clothing or even speaking to them at least once in all that time!

Sadly though, even if they had reported her missing within the first few days, Caylee would still be dead. The only benefit would have possibly been that her body could have been found much, much sooner, and evidence would have been available. Somehow I believe they knew that and that's why they didn't make a report....the more decomposition to take place, the less evidence against their precious now Convicted Felon daughter. :maddening:

I'm wondering if CA trying to get in touch with her by text saying call us - big trouble was on the 15th or the 12th? Could this be what the DOC is calling confronting her?

bbm
That was the 15th, after they picked up the car...
Casey was out shopping with Amy's check on Saturday July 12....
iirc did Cindy or george say they went away that weekend?
Did they find the Registered Notice on the door on Sunday the 13th?

I agree with you totally. I just think that at the time this happened the A's let their rage at Casey over ride their concern for Caylee. After the fight that happened I think Cindy was totally enraged. When Casey disappeared I think Cindy thought that was just fine - she was teaching Casey a lesson by letting her have to care for Caylee all on her own. She thought Casey would fail miserably and come back on her knees begging to be allowed back into the home and family. Wasn't that hinted at by other people at the time? That Cindy decided to just let Casey see how hard it was going to be to have Caylee all on her own? She thought she was setting Casey up to fail. By the time that rage had faded and Cindy's plan hadn't worked they were all back to their stalemate position of playing Casey's game of pretending to believe her lies. I think concern for Caylee didn't start until around the time Cindy sent Lee out to track Casey down. And even then that was really more about control and vindictiveness. True concern for Caylee didn't kick in until they found the car. I think the A's knew their daughter had major issues but really they were more interested in playing & winning their power struggle game with her and Caylee was just another pawn in that game. Honestly it sickens me how Caylee is described as the "love of their lives" now. That is the most revisionist piece of baloney I have ever heard. I doubt they will ever be legally punished for what they neglected to do for Caylee. Their only punishment will be that they can never escape from themselves.

:tyou::tyou::tyou:
The only real tears the grieving granny ever shed was for herself.
She is as toxic as FCA... I can see why she loathed her mother.

>>>>>Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said
After a nearly three-year investigation, DCF officials release comprehensive review of Caylee's death.<<<<<<

Really? I wonder how they figured that out? One day she has her, the next week she is missing. Maybe running all over the county trying to find her is neglect? Casey went to two clubs ..two nights. Cocoa Beach twice. Yet she was neglectful?. .. . .. That ought to scare the bejeebus out of anyone who goes out and leaves their kid with a baby-sitter . . .. You may be neglectful, worse yet, arrested for it. ... . ..Someday, those that fail to see Casey's side of the argument; I hope they are put in a similar situation and can't find their child. . . Let the crying begin.

Maybe they would just call the police though, and not lie/mislead to them?

Haven't had time to read the whole report yet, and this probably isn't part of it, but remember when DCF investigator came over and FCA was looking through doors for her paystubs from Universal to prove she worked there? Good times.

IIRC that report....Casey said to DCF investigators....despite what LE says, she does work at Universal and they have her paystubs to prove it....

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
You are absolutely right Whisperer! A lot of folks want to give them a free pass because 'the law always sides with the mother'. Well for me the point is THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY! If they had tried to intervene legally on Caylee's behalf, I might be able to muster some sympathy for them, but they didn't even try.

Instead, what they DID do on Caylee's behalf, is clean up a crime scene and allow over a month to pass before reporting anything, and then impede the investigation at every single turn. No free pass from me for the A clan...JMO.:twocents:

Amen to that! That CA and GA could tamper with a crime scene and then perjure themselves on the witness stand to save FCA's butt and not be punished for it; well, it just makes steam shoot out of my ears. They all belong in the slammer, imo.

And here I was, just starting to calm down about this whole kerfuffle. And now the DCF reports has opened the wound once more. I AM SO ANGRY!
:maddening:

I agree with your post. I heard that DCF held this report at request of the primary agency (OCSO?)
Or maybe someone in their dept. remembered that it should have been released a while ago and wasn't.

I don't think DCF was under any obligation to release anything to the public. jmo

Forgive me if this link has already been provided

http://www.wftv.com/video/28040887/index.html

If the link doesn't go directly to the correct link, look over the group of links below the screen - Kathy Belich is on discussing this.

I had to look for it. It's there. Thanks a bunch.

No matter how Caylee died, Casey was an abusive mother, per DCF.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back