Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, you're welcome! I can never figure out how to link to the correct story - even when I go online to find the exact link, I end up back on the day 12 of the trial but with all new stories below. :banghead:

The child neglect charge was dropped by the State when they decided to pursue 1st degree murder.

Yes, and to now charge her with child neglect would NOT be double jeopardy b/c THIS FELON was never tried for this offense. It might be an ace up their sleeves

I had to look for it. It's there. Thanks a bunch.

No matter how Caylee died, Casey was an abusive mother, per DCF.

We know that CA called her an unfit mother several times. Shame she did not reveal that to DCF.

Which makes me question even more why they did?

I am hoping that they have been holding it in reserve for the perfect occasion?
Hopefully there is some legal action they can now pursue.
That would be a small attempt at justice IMO.

IIRC that report....Casey said to DCF investigators....despite what LE says, she does work at Universal and they have her paystubs to prove it....

This girl cannot stop lying- even when they can disprove it with a phone call she just keeps going. I have never heard of such a malignant liar as her.

The Ants would be told there is nothing to be done, since they did not have custody. That is the law. Welfare of the child be damned. Really, that is how it works. I went through a similar circumstance and was told because I was the grandmother, nothing could be done!

Also, I do not think this document has any bearing on KC's future children. It would affect adoption, but she has plenty of other reasons to disallow adoption. I have seen many many cases where child protective services removes ONE child, and leaves others. I have seen on the news that a woman had children removed for abuse, and she goes on to have more that ARE left with her, till abuse is once again see. Pitiful.

While I believe friends, family and neighbors should not generally interfere with parents, sometimes it is important to report them. Not interfering can be fatal. Non-parents have no say if they disagree with a parent's clothing choice, educational/religious values, or TV schedule, for the child, but too often no one, including the authorities wants to say anything is they see an abused or neglected child. So sad.

People make accusations to DCF all the time. DCF has to follow up on all such reports of abuse & neglect. They are required to generate a finding of either founded or unfounded. Anyone could have reported "the Felon" and DCF would have been obliged to investigate the reports. They would then had to have located "the Felon" and determine if she was providing Caylee with proper supervision, clothing, housing, etc. If The Felon had said that Caylee was with the nanny and DCF had ever had an opportunity to confirm this they would have discovered that Caylee was in fact a "missing and/or abducted" child. The Felon would have started her "wild goose chase" with DCF first and then OCSO would have been called in sooner. BUT, no one reported The Felon to any agency for 31 Days!

Why was this report not filed and this agency not part of the trial? I cannot get over the disconnect in this case. It just makes me angry.
ita why wasnt it ? this couldve helped the jury find her guilty..

This girl cannot stop lying- even when they can disprove it with a phone call she just keeps going. I have never heard of such a malignant liar as her.

So True Zsa Zsa!
During the Universal interview she ended up admitting to LE that she did not work at Universal
Then just over 1 month later she tells DCF she does, LE is wrong and there are pay stubs to prove it....Good Grief!

If this was a different case, a different "unfit mother," one that had not had a trial, what would be the next step? Would DCF then just turn it over to the police to prosecute? Or, would they bring up charges?

Thank you!

Good point. I wonder why they released it today?

All DCF reports are part of public record unless sealed by the court or pertain only to their family law cases. Bob Kealing tweeted earlier that it was filed yesterday and a reporter made a public record request. Still, I also wonder, why now?

They do have rights as grandparents, I believe, to sue Casey in civil court, for the wrongful death of their granddaughter.
I doubt if, in any of our lifetimes, will we see them exercise those rights.
They would lose this case, too b/c they made no effort to report or file charges against their daughter. They waited 31 days to call LE.

All DCF reports are part of public record unless sealed by the court or pertain only to their family law cases. Bob Kealing tweeted earlier that it was filed yesterday and a reporter made a public record request. Still, I also wonder, why now?

Thanks.I assume the court didn't seal this report. Why did they hold it so long?
I wonder if holding public records without cause is even legal?

For some reason CA didnt want to get LE involved. Although she seemed worried enough to send Lee and his girlfriend down to some club area to look for Casey.
yes, I think it wouldve been helpful if the jurors wouldve been allowed to read these reports, what as shame.
But he lawyer mightve screamed: unfair to client, prejudice!! :banghead:
Why are the defendants given so many rights over the victims?

Thanks.I assume the court didn't seal this report. Why did they hold it so long?
I wonder if holding public records without cause is even legal?

DCF stated the held it out of courtesy. Go figure, eh? :maddening:

I agree with you totally. I just think that at the time this happened the A's let their rage at Casey over ride their concern for Caylee. After the fight that happened I think Cindy was totally enraged. When Casey disappeared I think Cindy thought that was just fine - she was teaching Casey a lesson by letting her have to care for Caylee all on her own. She thought Casey would fail miserably and come back on her knees begging to be allowed back into the home and family. Wasn't that hinted at by other people at the time? That Cindy decided to just let Casey see how hard it was going to be to have Caylee all on her own? She thought she was setting Casey up to fail. By the time that rage had faded and Cindy's plan hadn't worked they were all back to their stalemate position of playing Casey's game of pretending to believe her lies. I think concern for Caylee didn't start until around the time Cindy sent Lee out to track Casey down. And even then that was really more about control and vindictiveness. True concern for Caylee didn't kick in until they found the car. I think the A's knew their daughter had major issues but really they were more interested in playing & winning their power struggle game with her and Caylee was just another pawn in that game. Honestly it sickens me how Caylee is described as the "love of their lives" now. That is the most revisionist piece of baloney I have ever heard. I doubt they will ever be legally punished for what they neglected to do for Caylee. Their only punishment will be that they can never escape from themselves.

I think it was more a casey idea of wanting freedom. Remember a counselor told Cindy to kick her out and she said she couldnt? Maybe she decided the counselor was right.
I think the only way CA couldve gotten any action was to call LE, tell them daughter was unstable and had Caylee and she was worried?
It seems like the "mother" has all the rights. Its not right. I think Grandparents should have some if they are supporting the grown kid and Granddaughter. JMO

They would lose this case, too b/c they made no effort to report or file charges against their daughter. They waited 31 days to call LE.

The verified lawyer thread has numerous posts about this saying they have no standing. Sorry for off topic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back