Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I highly doubt that this woman had received any death threats, the public didn't even know about her until she came forward with the information that her name was Zenaida Gonzalez. LE questioned her at her home, not her job, and she was cleared almost immediately, so how did that propose a threat to other employees? If she had not gone public herself, none of that would have happened to her, IMO. She's just another person who saw a way to make money off this case and she chose the right ambulance chaser to do it. I don't feel sorry for her at all. And I really wish the media would stop spouting mistruths about her... her name is not ZFG, she doesn't have the Fernandez in the middle.

As much as I do not agree with KC's not guilty verdict... I do agree that THIS Zenaida is NOT KC's fictional character Zenaida... KC made SURE to add the middle name Fernandez for a reason.....

Isn't that the truth ! And she's already on the hook for taxes on the ABC money ... maybe, just, maybe she'll end up someday in jail for tax evasion ... Federal offense baby ...

It's sounding more and more like KC will become a fugitive in the future ?? We'll see ...

Federal prison is like a country club relatively speaking. But hey... I'll take it as long as she's locked up.

Agreed. Why does the DT comport themselves like classless scum? Actually, it seems JB and CM are the most uncouth. That video of JB driving away with no seatbelt and running the stop sign show, AGAIN, blatant disregard for society and its laws. Sadly, there is a huge element that thinks all of this sophomoric behavior is fine.

How can ICA file indigency with all the money CM states is coming in, along with revenue from TV, movies, etc.?

How can the court be made aware of all of the above? Grrrr.:maddening:

Not surprised if they couldn't structure the $$ is such a way that it is not in her possession for quite some time, and she can live off of loans or something so she can maintain her indigent status.

She certainly could have paid the fee as she she almost $500 in her acct @ jail. Mason just announced she has thousands in checks he has received and we KNOW Baez must have more than that. Simms too. Now are these attorneys stockpiling her money? My thought is yes.

I'm guessing they filed for indigency because she may not have $$ for filing costs??? I would think if/when she makes $$ once she's released, the state will demand reimbursement!

so it seems, but didn't she have $400+ in he account? why can't they take that? Looks like it will be up to HHBP.

I really do't think I can take much more of this case. I took off two years and have only been back a few months but it is starting to really make my blood boil. This DT sickens me...every darn one of them. They are souless. What a crock!!!

Casey and her attorneys should stop rubbing this in the faces of the people of FL. They say they are concerned for her safety. It seems as if they want to gloat over this. That is a big mistake.

She lied to LE. They have her on tape saying that she lied. In her own words. What more does it take?

Lying was her defense at the trial. How much more are the folks of FL supposed to accept from this useless excuse of a human being?

So apparently getting away with murder isn't enough if it prevents you from keeping the big bucks you were counting on making???

I agree it's a delay tactic for the Zenaida suit but also the fines/costs of investigating those lies and lawsuits from others, ie., TES ... It's a way to hold all of this up at the least, and, at best, possibly not have to pay law suits filed based on her lies ...

Does Mason really think his "Miranda violation" argument is going to have any chance in the appellate court ? Or is the DT thinking it's worth a shot and might work ??

IMO ... there's a boat load of money to be lost by KC and her sleazy defense team who have been waiting for that big payoff ... IMO they'll fight this pretty hard ...

I totally agree. This appeal protects her from everything at least temporarily. And if it does get overturned she does not have to reimburse the state for all the money spent investigating.

And in the meantime .... she gets to sell her story first and get the big bucks!

Does anyone know how long an appeal such as this takes? TIA

on HLN News they indicated that by appealing her 4 convictions, it prevents her from having to give a statement/deposition today to the Morgan Law Firm.

I am not pretending to know that is true, I just heard that. But it would make sense they would not have appealed but for that loophole which means no Depo. Now to see what pans out. (i think it means she can take the 5th, or that no depo goes forward)

This is what I believe as well. If she wins on appeal, I would imagine the next step is suing the state of Florida for wrongful imprisonment, which would lead to compensation by the state.

So let me get this straight. If she wins the appeal and then she sues the State of Florida for wrongful imprisonment. Yet, people who were basically accused of things with no proof have to live with it because it was done during the trail?

I am sorry, but this does not even seem to be close to right IMHO.

Kelly

I highly doubt that this woman had received any death threats, the public didn't even know about her until she came forward with the information that her name was Zenaida Gonzalez. Not being there how could you possibly know for sure. LE questioned her at her home, not her job, and she was cleared almost immediately, so how did that propose a threat to other employees? Her new employer did not want the media around because it was bad for business and let her go. If she had not gone public herself, none of that would have happened to her, IMO.She never went to the media, they actively pursued her. She's just another person who saw a way to make money off this case and she chose the right ambulance chaser to do it. My understanding is M&M are a highly regarded law firm. The only person I ever heard call them "ambulance chasers" was CA. I don't feel sorry for her at all. I do not think Ms. Gonzales ever asked for anyone's pity. Only to confront KC in court. It our right in this country to do so. And I really wish the media would stop spouting mistruths about her... her name is not ZFG, she doesn't have the Fernandez in the middle. ZFG is a hoax. Never existed except in KC's mind. KC did however use real people as a template for the imaginary ones, i.e. Jeffrey Michael Hopkins, aka Jeffrey Hopkins.

The early videos involving the media and ZG are still out there I would think and there are the discovery documents still available. Anyone with doubts can easily research what actually happened. jmo

This is my transcription from the end of the sentencing hearing:

The Court sentences you to 1 year in jail - imposing a $1,000 fine on each count - all 4 counts to run consecutive to each other - giving you credit for the time that you have previously served. JB, CM - we are going to spend some time this morning figuring out her credit for time served and it's going to take us probably about an hour to sort it out due to the previous sentences she has been given, but with the good time and gain time, depending on preliminary figures, some time early August, late July, but I can't say that until I determine time served, and then the jail has to apply their good time and gain time that she has gained in this. So, if you want to wait around - and if you have a different figure, then we can get that taken care of.

I will reserve jurisdiction for 60 days to determine the cost of investigation.

LDB: Wants to set hearing - any time after 30 days.

CM: Want to see the invoices and check the validity.

LDB: She should have all the documentation within her suggested time frame.

HHJBP: Week of August 29? 25th or 26th.

LDB: Thursday the 25th. Don't know ICA's status at that time. Does Defense want to waive her presence.

HHJBP: She can waive her appearance or she can come.

CM: It would be our intention to waive.

HHJBP: I would also impose the statutory court costs. ICA - you have a right to appeal. If you can't afford an attorney, the court will appoint one. Do you wish to appeal?
JB conferring with ICA.

JB: We would like to reserve our right.

HHJBP: You have 30 days to file an appeal. Does she have the financial where with all to file appeal?

JB: No.

HHJBP: She will need to fill out an affidavit of insolvency. An untimely notice of appeal is a forfeit of her right. It is your responsibility to file the appropriate paperwork before you are relieved of your responsibility in this case.
Court in recess.

But IIRC HHJP indicated that if FCA decided to appeal that the JAC WOULD NOT cover her appeal. So if she wants to drag this out to make sure she remains as always and forever untouchable then she should have to pay for it herself. FL taxpayers have paid enough as a result of that vile creature.

BBM The state will be footing the bill for her appeal as well.

So let me get this straight. If she wins the appeal and then she sues the State of Florida for wrongful imprisonment. Yet, people who were basically accused of things with no proof have to live with it because it was done during the trail?

I am sorry, but this does not even seem to be close to right IMHO.

Kelly

And that would take the cake since her attorney admitted to the Jury she is guilty of lying (his words not mine) I believe he said "Convict her of Lying, she is a liar, not a murderer"

(well she is both, but he was cheering them on to find her guilty of 4 counts of lying to officers) be careful what you wish for..lord, with how this jury went he should have gone hog wild and said "she didn't lie either, let her out right now!" it probably would have confused them so much she would not have been convicted of anything.

I wonder how the jury members do when faced with a red light, or several items on sale at once at Walmart. They seem easily confused.

The early videos involving the media and ZG are still out there I would think and there are the discovery documents still available. Anyone with doubts can easily research what actually happened. jmo

And of course it was not sheer coincidence that ICA claimed ZFG lived at Sawgrass Apts, when just a few weeks earlier ZFG filled out an app and was driving a car with NY license plates....and that ICA had friends at Sawgrass Apts she often visited...

If you read in the questions for verified attorneys, you will see where AZLawyer posted a while back that she would probably do this to keep from having to be deposed by John Morgan. This is just a calculated move to fight having to give her deposition. AZL predicted this would happen close after the verdict came down and it was announced that the deposition date had been set.

~jmo~

Does that sound like they are still watching us for some good ideas?

HOW can she appeal those convictions when she was on camera lying??? Give it up KC. You got away with murdering your child. gurrrrrrr

I highly doubt that this woman had received any death threats, the public didn't even know about her until she came forward with the information that her name was Zenaida Gonzalez. LE questioned her at her home, not her job, and she was cleared almost immediately, so how did that propose a threat to other employees? If she had not gone public herself, none of that would have happened to her, IMO. She's just another person who saw a way to make money off this case and she chose the right ambulance chaser to do it. I don't feel sorry for her at all. And I really wish the media would stop spouting mistruths about her... her name is not ZFG, she doesn't have the Fernandez in the middle.

I would be happy to agree to disagree. I don't want to fight with anyone over this and that was not my intention in answering. I was just giving some insight, as a person who owns a business, why some company may not have wanted her as an employee. I would be very unhappy if ANY of the players in this case had been on my payroll just because I believe that all of the attention in the case would have been very distracting from business as usual.

As far as ZG goes, I imagine, if it were me and these things that she claims were happening, I might try to eventually go on TV to say that I was not guilty to try to help stop these people from doing the things she said they were doing. If she had hidden and never spoke, some might believe that showed proof of guilt. She claims that there were threats. As of now, I have been given no reason to believe that she is being less than truthful and until then, I will believe her. After that initial round, I have not seen her on TV every five minutes like some.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17579545/detail.html

HOW can she appeal those convictions when she was on camera lying??? Give it up KC. You got away with murdering your child. gurrrrrrr
She's not denying that she lied. She is appealing the fact that she was charged/convicted four times for lying rather than once. In her mind, it was all ONE lie, not 4 separate lies. That is the issue with the appeal.

As far as the State paying for it, in the Affidavit it states that KC is aware a lien may be placed on any current property or property she may own during this process, to cover the cost. So, KC can skip buying a house, and forget about that dreamy Bentley and drive the old clunker for the next year or two.

How can they limit it to just her "current" assets?
I think they should be able to look forward to the next two years at least.

This will not delay.....only FCA and her cast of attorney's will delay, delay, delay. They can tie this up for years and years.

I have to agree with the other posts, all of this is ultimately being put in place for future civil cases that could cost FCA precious future earnings. Funny how her check/felony charges could not be brought up in her murder trial but this, should she actually win the appeal, is supposed to be used, (I believe) in her future civil action suits against her.

It this can be tied up for years and years, does that mean that JB and his team will continue to draw from the State for their "expenses and investigations"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back