Casey Arrested on Fraud Related Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Baez is in WAY over his head. He is no Cochran or Geragos. He is a graduate of a not very well recognized law school...which tells me his LSats were not so great nor his grades or he would have gone to the University of Miami or Univ of Florida, etc....so he is clueless IMO. He needs to back out of this before he completly destroys his career.

After watching his little whiney speech last night he seems more a bumbling fumbling idiot to me. I certainly would not want him as MY lawyer.

Sorry if this as been addressed already but according to the LA Times article Casey was only arrested for one Target charge:

Missing girl's mother held

"Orange County sheriff's officials say the latest arrest stems from $746.87 in checks that a friend accused her of stealing in July, not the disappearance of her daughter, who hadn't been seen in a month before Anthony reported her missing. The charges apparently are related to one check written to Target for $111.01."

Later in the article it says:

Detectives say Anthony stole checks and cashed five of them- three for purchases at Target, one for groceries and one for $250 in cash.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-caylee30-2008aug30,0,738264.story

Does this mean each check can be a separate charge/arrest? So she could be arrested 4 more times just on these charges?

http://www.wesh.com/news/17377729/detail.html

As of 2:53 today...

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Sheriff's investigators filed additional charges against Casey Anthony, the mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, on Wednesday afternoon.

The additional charges include two counts of uttering a forged check, two counts of petty theft and two counts of fraudulent use of personal identification.

Wonder what other charges we'll see in the near future?

Wonder if related to allleged checks stole from Grandparents in nursing home??

One would have to assume that these latest charges are from the grandparents stolen checks/routing number and are being pursued. However, we don't know what LE has uncovered during the investigation into her activities. There could be other victims out there that we are not aware of yet.

The affidavits are found here. "Her personal checking account" is referring to Amy.

932008123116pmzu9.png

So I'm guessing if these are written from her own account, she probably wrote a check from Amy's checkbook for $700 or whatever the amount was in that account, to herself.. deposited it, then used that money to write checks.. sneaky.

However, why write a check to cash unless you don't have your bank card? Isn't it easier to use an ATM machine?

Maybe the check to Winn Dixie was so she could make brocolli and chicken for Tony

There's another one that wasn't written, it was submitted electronically to AT&T for $574.

I asked this on another thread - if Casey used the internet to conduct her fraudulent activity, can she be charged with crimes on a federal level?

There's another one that wasn't written, it was submitted electronically to AT&T for $574.

I asked this on another thread - if Casey used the internet to conduct her fraudulent activity, can she be charged with crimes on a federal level?

Good point. Pretty high amount...wonder if that was for her Blackjack phone?

One would have to assume that these latest charges are from the grandparents stolen checks/routing number and are being pursued. However, we don't know what LE has uncovered during the investigation into her activities. There could be other victims out there that we are not aware of yet.
Since Casey hasn't worked in 2 years, I would imagine this is how she has supported herself for the time she has been out of work. I think a lot of things will come out about this "good mother." jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back