Casey as "co-counsel" ...good strategy or no?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

KC modeling "co-counsel" Good defense move or bad move?

• It's a good defense strategy

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • It's a bad defense strategy

Votes: 266 85.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 33 10.5%

• Total voters
If the DT reads this thread, maybe we'll see a whole new KC look by trial time. No more flipping pages, writing constantly, and shuffling through binders. What will be next? Hankies, smelling salts, and woeful face? :waitasec:

Faboo! If the DT is reading this - WAKE UP! Do not let your client pretend she's a paralegal. Allow her 1 piece of paper to doodle on for the entire day. Or if she's like other perps we know, give her a coloring book and crayons.

She can also sit by herself (no Medina please - this is getting old). No fancy waters, and puhleeze do something about that wardrobe of hers. Do we really need to see her cleavage (ie, the pink shirt last week). Those sweaters are becoming quite annoying the way she pulls on the endlessly over her hands.

And another thing, it's not her job to make sure Mason is shutting his computer, or whatever else she thinks he's doing wrong. He can shut his own computer. And since when did she become your file clerk?

If you had any sense you would make her sit there stoically (sp) and listen to the testimony. If she pulls this at trial, she is toast!!!

IMHO

Mel

I personally think the role playing is ridiculous. It makes her appear like the non-caring soul that she is:twocents:

I personally think someone from the defense should keep a little needle within hands reach and poke Casey with it every time they think she needs to show emotion. Kinda reminding her that if she doesn't show emotion that is how her life is going to end... by injection of a needle.

They take the note pads away from her before she is taken back into custody. I am pretty sure the defense holds on to them and they talk about it during her visits though.

Just wondering why they would take them away from her. I think it is very common for inmates to study, and write their own list of questions, and thoughts down on their cases. Many of them become so expert they even council other inmates. I am not saying this would be the case for Casey, but it is not uncommon during trials to see the defendants with notepads and pencils. jmo

Trying to think like Baez (lol)... Might convince the jurors that she can still be a productive citizen, has intelligence and skills to offer. Maybe it would, as in being productive in prison, rather than being executed. Might humanize her. Might make the jurors sympathize with what could have been .. if not for _________ (fill in the blank with mitigating circumstance).

I'm picturing Baez in closing arguments, saying something like "Quite frankly, I'm committed to hiring Ms. Anthony as a paralegal in my law firm."

I personally think it's very odd and distracting. I like the comparison made by many of you. It's very much like her pretending to work at Universal, have a nanny, ...

What floors me is that Baez isn't just giving her busy work, he's actually relying on her help during the hearings! Talk about risky!! :loser:

Faboo! If the DT is reading this - WAKE UP! Do not let your client pretend she's a paralegal. Allow her 1 piece of paper to doodle on for the entire day. Or if she's like other perps we know, give her a coloring book and crayons.

She can also sit by herself (no Medina please - this is getting old). No fancy waters, and puhleeze do something about that wardrobe of hers. Do we really need to see her cleavage (ie, the pink shirt last week). Those sweaters are becoming quite annoying the way she pulls on the endlessly over her hands.

And another thing, it's not her job to make sure Mason is shutting his computer, or whatever else she thinks he's doing wrong. He can shut his own computer. And since when did she become your file clerk?

If you had any sense you would make her sit there stoically (sp) and listen to the testimony. If she pulls this at trial, she is toast!!!

IMHO

Mel

Ty Mel! I'm on my iPod on tapatalk and there is no thanks button.

She mostly certainly appears to have far too much freedom in court doesn't she?

Just wondering why they would take them away from her. I think it is very common for inmates to study, and write their own list of questions, and thoughts down on their cases. Many of them become so expert they even council other inmates. I am not saying this would be the case for Casey, but it is not uncommon during trials to see the defendants with notepads and pencils. jmo

I don't think Casey is allowed to just simply take her note pads back to the jail. I think there is a process that needs to be followed in order for her to receive any kind of papers... even from her lawyers. Contraband is a main reason. She does get paperwork though... it just needs to be done by jail policy.

I vote "bad idea". If she was concerned about being of any help, she wouldn't have lied to LE about where Caylee was, allowing her to be scavenged by animals and decompose into a pile of bones. She would have told the truth from the beginning and dealt with the consequences. The jury is not going to be fooled into thinking that KC is a loving, caring, "mother of the year" when she is playing "scribble-scribble-shuffle-stack" and the SAO is playing the tapes of her saying "All they care about is getting Caylee back! Calling you guys, a waste! Huge waste! I need to be seen as a victim, too!" Like everything else I have seen so far, it is a bad move. JMO.

Trying to think like Baez (lol)... Might convince the jurors that she can still be a productive citizen, has intelligence and skills to offer. Maybe it would, as in being productive in prison, rather than being executed. Might humanize her. Might make the jurors sympathize with what could have been .. if not for _________ (fill in the blank with mitigating circumstance).

I'm picturing Baez in closing arguments, saying something like "Quite frankly, I'm committed to hiring Ms. Anthony as a paralegal in my law firm."

I personally think it's very odd and distracting. I like the comparison made by many of you. It's very much like her pretending to work at Universal, have a nanny, ...

What floors me is that Baez isn't just giving her busy work, he's actually relying on her help during the hearings! Talk about risky!! :loser:

I think this is just Baez reacting to some one saying to him - Geez Baez you've got to do something with your defendant instead of letting her sit there looking like a whacko - it's really going to put the jury off.

And he doesn't want her bothering him during his "orations" cause this trial is about him not her, so this was a quick answer. Give her a pad and then it has just evolved from hearing to hearing.

We don't see Baez appearing to do anything that is well thought out.

I think this is just Baez reacting to some one saying to him - Geez Baez you've got to do something with your defendant instead of letting her sit there looking like a whacko - it's really going to put the jury off.

And he doesn't want her bothering him during his "orations" cause this trial is about him not her, so this was a quick answer. Give her a pad and then it has just evolved from hearing to hearing.

We don't see Baez appearing to do anything that is well thought out.

You're right. I started out wondering if it could result in anything positive from a juror's perspective. I shouldn't have attributed it to Baez's thinking. I do agree that it has evolved from giving her a legal pad to keep her hands busy into her pretending to be paralegal of the year.

I watched KC sorting through the large file on the K9 and his handler, she was underlining passages and writing supposed salient points of dispute. Somehow that is very chilling, trying to get ones self off on a technicality/point of law when one has been indicted for murdering ones own child.

So true! If I were sitting there accused of such a thing - being completely innocent - no one on the planet would be able to shut me up. I would be telling everything in order to have the one that took and killed my child held responsible.

Bad bad news in the long run. On one hand, we can say it's good because this is the very behavior the SA will be trying to paint a picture of when they present this case at trial. Detached, aloof, uncaring, dissociated, but this is bad if she is trying to seem 'engaged' and wanting a 'mistrial or acquittal'. I say that tongue and cheek, of course.

I was wondering if anyone was catching her snickers and ears moving upwards when she hears something interesting, or the side eyes as she listens to her team 'commenting' to each other behind her? I can't help but be fascinated by her smirking when she hears the DT make a snide remark about the SA, or the procedure. I can't really say what it is, but the bulging eyes, ear movement and over all look of surprise from ICA is.....well..........Odd at best and down right creepy at worst.

:rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling: :floorlaugh: :rolling:

BBM

I completely agree... What struck me most while watching her do this ... is that it is the same behavior she has always exhibited. Years of pretending to have a job, rattling off about this event or something she was working on at work (would bet ya dollars to donuts that she has work "notes" laying around that she flashed on and off) and then even going to work. This is the true Casey.. the one that is completely comfortable living a lie, keeping herself busy by pretending to get ready for work, packing her work bag, and having to leave somewhere so she can head to "work". Casey's home life was nothing more than a charade... and she is continuing it just as she always has done. She is more than comfortable with this type of behavior, she ENJOYS it.

as always.. just my opinion

pat

Pat, I so agree with all you just said. Unfortunately in this case I think they are damned if they do and damned if they don't, because she just can not be "normal." Her pretending to be important and write incessantly just keeps her from doing other incessant behaviors. This continuation of her" being in her little pretend world" is just a blatant example of how she is so disconnected from reality. The fact that she can't just sit there and pay attention, because this is a very serious situation: the death of an innocent child, and her life laying in the balance, will not be lost on the jury. . . Pat :0)

Why in the hello does she always folder over a blank piece of paper and stick it into the legal pad? What is that about? Tear, fold, stick.

I really hope her attorney is not passing the notes along to family.....

The last idiot that I can recall trying to lawyer his own case is now in ADMAX serving out the rest of his, God willing, very short life.
Avoir, Moussaoui!

I voted "other" because I don't believe any scenario will work. Being herself doesn't work. Being a "paralegal" doesn't work. She mainly pretends to be reading and looking important. It is obvious she is listening to everything as evidenced by the fact that she shoots various looks when she hears something she doesn't agree with.

I remember when her father was talking about how long she was under arrest, she rolled her eyes and made a face that said, "my father is stupid and doesn't know what he's talking about". There have been so many other tells, the jury will pick up on it.

Both her "primping" and "scribbling" are distractions she really shouldn't want the jury to see.

As for a suggestion, my "other" is a blank. I doubt that there's any solution due to the lack of appropriate emotions for an unjustly accused mother. Her acting skills just don't go that far. No matter what she does, she is still Casey.

I voted bad, bad, bad idea but I hope the DT continues encouraging her to do this !! If I were a juror, I would be wondering "Hey, isn't she the defendant? Shouldn't she be paying attention?" Actually I'm wondering why Judge Perry hasn't said anything about the flurry of constant activity at the defense table ... scribbling, whispering, passing notes ... jeeze ... :maddening:

As much as it angers me to see her doing this during hearings, I hope the jury gets to see this because what they will see is an arrogant defiance of the proceedings and what is going on in the courtroom ...

Writing a note hear or there to pass to your lawyer is one thing, but acting like a paralegal, constantly looking up things and constantly writing just makes her look like she doesn't think her team can defend her without all of her "help" or that she knows better than them ...

Keep up the good work, Casey !! By the time the trial is over, you will have really earned that needle !! :loser:

Oh there's no question is about as off-putting and bizarre as it could be. Here we have a barely-literate high school dropout on trial for murdering her daughter, and she's acting like she's at a 10$ an hour job sorting papers or something.

She comes into court smiling ear to ear and "Baez" hands her a folder for her to start sorting through - WHAAAT?? What is she doing? What is the defense team thinking? She can't bury herself in legal pads and notes from Cindy to hide from ot detach herself from the hearings or trial. Do defendants usually do this? Scribble for HOURS?

My guess is she really has no clue what to do now. All the lies she has told are laid out for all to see. Statements, forensic evidence, photos and videos. This may be the first time in her life that her lies are not accepted nor her odd behavior glossed over. CA is as delusional as KC. How long have they lived this way? The lying and pretending to each other and everyone else that life is great... They are sick sick people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg
Back