Casey at Colonial High

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5th Commandment? Honor thy father and thy Mother. It seems we are off topic but we can't go on any of these threads regarding Casey or Caylee without bringing up motherhood or fatherhood. I'm glad you are not under the microscope too and I hope that you have wonderful memories of growing up with your mother. But some of us fall under the category of having mothers like Cindy and it brings back bad memories and honoring our mother is just not in the cards.

:clap: My mother has been miserable since I can remember & always blamed it on my father. Never took responsibility for her own misery. She always told me since I was very little (3 or 4) that she was going to leave him but then she found out she was pregnant with me! Also always said I could be living in a foster home if I didn't like it. Nice things to say to a kid, huh? No wonder I had anorexia by the time I was 14 and now can't stand being anywhere around her. It's hard to feel that way about your mother esp. when society and religion frown on it so much. It makes me feel like I am an evil witch and that there is something wrong with me, but I honestly can't help it & I am so envious of those of you who have loving relationships with your mothers. I have a son & feel we are relatively close & it makes me feel good when he wants to come home when he is sick (he's in college). If only people realized the damage they can do to someone's spirit through the choice of their words!

I think the seizure was probably about as real as the miscarriage.
I agree. That poor Brandon guy has probably had to provide information about what happened that evening. It will be interesting to read/hear his side of the story.

There is a disorder known as Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Casey may have a small case. These folks defy authority of any kind, and will not be told what to do. They will hurt them selves to prove someone else wrong in a heartbeat. They OPPOSE everything-even somthing that they may have agreed with earlier today, they will find a way to offer opposition if you come over to their way of thinking. They cannot stand for anyone but THEM to ever be right. Maybe Casey has a LEGION of disorders that will take them the remainder of the century to figure out...if they EVER can figure out Casey!:eek:

ODD is diagnosed in children and teens; it may respond to therapy, but often gives rise to personality disorder (such as APD) in adults.

As an adult, Casey would not be diagnosed with ODD---but she may well have experienced it as a child; we haven't heard too much about her childhood behavior.

In my state, there is a law that prohibits anyone under the age of 18 from obtaining a driver's license if they haven't graduated high school Perhaps this is the reason at 18 Casey had only gotten her permit.
Speaking of seizures, she very well could have had one, but not necessarily from some underlying medical condition. It could very well have been from substance abuse, either an OD or withdrawal depending on the substance. Just a possibility.

She has speeding tickets and driving with no insurance tickets, she has to have a drivers license. I think the permit thing is just a rumor. She would have been cited for driving without a license otherwise.

She doesn't get any tickets until she is over 18 though, so maybe she didn't get a permit and was a late driver. I was. Never took drivers ed, never got my permit.

Exactly! If it originated with Cindy, then it is suspect right off the bat. She talked of Casey graduating under oath, and Casey never did graduate...

I agree with you. If KC only needed 1/2 credit to graduate, she would have had it by now. Maybe she needed an entire semester of credits since she dropped out in the spring of her senior year.

I don't believe a word that comes out of CA's mouth.

I don't think she's very bright. I think she can read and write and figure things out but I don't see her as bright either.

Bright? I don't agree.
She may be skilled at telling "mistruths" but she certainly doesn't seem overly intelligent to me. None of the folks in this family seem too bright to me.
When answering the detectives questions she continued to spin more AFTER her first statements. One example is when she said she was going to a "neutral place." (her bf's apt.)
A neutral place? Who talks like that?
it is nonsensical.
She may use correct grammar, but other than that...

now more is making sense to me. my mother was VERY controlling and strict when i was younger. i had a midnight curfew at 19. it wasnt until i moved out and told her that i would never tell her where i lived that she relaxed. and then i went crazy. anyone from highschool would tell you the same thing as casey's teacher, i was quiet, shy and did not have many friends. now i am the exact opposite. i just have the feeling that CA did not let up on her. i too wanted to drop out of highschool in my senior year and just get my GED and go to college. maybe this was casey's plan too, but just got caught up in partying too much?
still doesnt make up for possibly killing your child though...

Casey was also very talented at work according to her boss at Kodak (at Universal). She quit by not showing up for work after she was pregnant and only went back once to show off her pregnancy. Her boss had wanted to put her in management training classes for further advancement. So even without her high school degree KC had a chance for a successful future and possibly could have become an event planner and earned a veru good salary. Instead she refused to ever look for work again just decided to play act a casreer so she could be a high end exec with free-lance priviledges right away.

I trained as a Montessori teacher and one of the books i read was called "What to Do Monday" (can't remember the author's name who became a well-known educator). He spoke about certain children with discipinary problems..now this was at the kindergarten level but I find it relevqnt here. One such child was one who was very disobedient who came from a very structured and strict home where the parent was always dominant and right overpowering the child. His method of reaching this child was to play the game 'dead' with this child allowing the child to have power over the adult...in other words in this game to 'kill' the teacher. Once this child had the sense of EQUAL POWER he mellowed out and became complely cooperative and excited about learning.

I tried this on a little boy in my class and it worked.

KC never had this chance and was constantly demoralized by her mother. When she became an adult her head was filled with her mother's scorn and authority and so it became necessary for her for to assume this authority as quickly as possible as a way of having as much equal authority with her mother as poswible and as much control as well. Essentially it worked. Her family was willing to buy the bluff, willing to continue supporting her and claiming her as a dependent for the price of striving to also 'own' her child Caylee.

i definitely believe it had to do with pre empty=nest syndrome. Cindy needs to play the over giving martyr know everything controlling mother. It is easy with a yough child and not so nice with a struggling teen.

But KC was between a rock and a hard place because she had been set-up to have this child. (and yes i do believe there was another previously that KC got rid of). it was this obnoxious selfish mother demanding a child from her daughter that she wanted for her own. Hey that would make anyone mad. KC had lucid moments when she could not stand her mother yet she also knew deep within what her mother had done to shape her own mind and did not want to give KC to her mother and leave home to find a real job and her own apt.

I believe she did want to spend as much time with Caylee as possible which is why she chose not to work. She was heading for disaster though with no income of her own and desperately in need of love or at least physical contact.
She knew that if she got a job she could not afford a sitter and would have to leave Caylee with her mom and which KC made mention of "if I had wanted to get rid of my child I would have left her with my mother".

It seems she might have had other options. I don't know if it was because she was too proud, too spoiled to live a poor lifestyle for a year or two till she would be entitled to higher wage or if it was because she had no identity without herself being the mirror image of Cindy in her own style wielding her power over her friends. The allusion of having such a classy job with responsibility and freedom few executives have gave her a leading edge to pull off her mishegas.

Crime is funny. You do it once and get away with it and it feels so easy. You know it is wrong but then you rationalize and you do it again and it become an addiction like a lust and you have this high getting away with murder outsmarting the authorities. That was the great injustice done to KC that her own mother could not hold her accountable. Her mother was always blaming teachers for her lesser grades she was always trying to manipulate reality to suit herself.

If Cindy was so wrapped up in her daughter's grades that she came to school to argue about the grades what would hurt her more than for Casey to QUIT SCHOOL. If Cindy was wrapped up in little Caylee (and it is obvious that she was crazy about her) what would hurt her more than to REMOVE Caylee from her life.
I would be willing to bet that Cindy was also one to harp about not being easy. What better way to rebel than to hang out in clubs dirty dancing. Very telling. It seems to be all about Casey VS Cindy but Caylee paid the price for all of it. Maybe she wants to be a lawyer because Cindy is angry with the legal system. Cindy doesn't like hispanic people. Look at how many of the boyfriends are hispanic. It's like an evil game with Casey.

I wouldn't call it 'evil'. Evil suggests a force bigger than life over which no one has power or control or understanding. That is not at all the case. That is why it is important to discuss this so that we can see the controlling mitigating factors that are recogniziable and therefor have the possibility of being contained and correcdted.

Would it have been less 'evil' if KC obeyed her mother's obvious irrational prejudice?

And I might add it might have been easier for KC to pull off her grandousity **** with blacks and hispanics who felt like striving wanna be's somewhat on the outside of society...what a boost to their ego's rubbing elbows with an 'event planner'. She had them snowed. They were so naive they believed her. I really don't see how anyone with a brain in their head and a college degree would have believed her. Who has such jobs where they can work from home day and night? I don't believe reaL event planners work that way not even producers. She pulled it off because she found very naive people to be her 'friends' more like victims.

Not evil just plain ole cause and effect.

And this is truly devestating for CA as she will never have the chance to smother another little girl.

Bright? I don't agree.
She may be skilled at telling "mistruths" but she certainly doesn't seem overly intelligent to me. None of the folks in this family seem too bright to me.
When answering the detectives questions she continued to spin more AFTER her first statements. One example is when she said she was going to a "neutral place." (her bf's apt.)
it is nonsensical.

Umm, try reading my post again. I said I don't think she's bright.

I wouldn't call it 'evil'. Evil suggests a force bigger than life over which no one has power or control or understanding. That is not at all the case. That is why it is important to discuss this so that we can see the controlling mitigating factors that are recogniziable and therefor have the possibility of being contained and correcdted.

Would it have been less 'evil' if KC obeyed her mother's obvious irrational prejudice?

And I might add it might have been easier for KC to pull off her grandousity **** with blacks and hispanics who felt like striving wanna be's somewhat on the outside of society...what a boost to their ego's rubbing elbows with an 'event planner'. She had them snowed. They were so naive they believed her. I really don't see how anyone with a brain in their head and a college degree would have believed her. Who has such jobs where they can work from home day and night? I don't believe reaL event planners work that way not even producers. She pulled it off because she found very naive people to be her 'friends' more like victims.

Not evil just plain ole cause and effect.

And this is truly devestating for CA as she will never have the chance to smother another little girl.

Boy ain't that the truth! My mothers periods of depression and anger always come on when there is no one to "take care of" which in the case of this type of personality disorder means no one to smother and control and be-little.

Okay, there's an article on foxnews.com about Scott writing Casey. The picture they use of Casey is the original one that came out when this case first broke. She's wearing that blue hoodie she got from Target. But where is she in the pic? It looks like a car but it looks like she's standing up. Is she in a plane or something? This would have been after Casey disappeared b/c of the hoodie. Look how happy she looks.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444827,00.html

They are basically people who are so obsessed with their children's success that they can't bear to risk the children failing because for them it would be a personal failure.

[

At any rate, that's one of the reasons I don't see CA as a helicopter. An enabler, yes...but I don't see a helicopter calling the police on her child, because that would put the dirty laundry out for public viewing. QUOTE]

snipped

exactly...she called the police on her child out of initial outrage, betrayal and the grave possibility of loss.
She then turned to cover-up and lies realizing what she had done . Her first insticnt was a gut heartfelt reaction.

Congradulations on being a home schooler. Such children often do so much better.

I thought from the start that KC was an educated and intelligent person. Intelligence does not guarantee common sense or empathy. She also seems to be hyperaware of her intelligence therefore she feels superior to others. She is intelligent to the point of disassociating from any emotion she should be experiencing in this situation. Since she is no longer in school or in a job her only validation comes from being able to attract men. Not a big accomplishment.

In men it is called man oedipal complex. These men feel most competant at sex though they may excell in other areas.

i was the same way. instead of dropping out of school though, I just tried to get into a college halfway across the country! you could have just done that, Casey, like everyone else does to party and get away from controlling parents.

That is so true. I couldn't wait to go to college and as far away as possible.

Kc seems a real homebody though. She obviously spent all her time with her child hanging out at her parents house or with friends and of course dancing but I noticed that she never ever went on trips out side of her immediate vacinity even when she had a chance to take a vacation or see 'radio head' with her friends or go to puerto rico.

She has recently updated this because I know that One Republic is a new band. The song Apologize is their most recent single release. They had Stop and Stare as their first single and now this one is the current single. Even if she bought the cd it's still a new album.

Do you know the words to the song? I think it might be interesting.

I don't think she's very bright. I think she can read and write and figure things out but I don't see her as bright either.

Bright? I don't agree.
it is nonsensical.

I agree - the idea that she's "Highly" intelligent simply doens't go with what we've seen from her. And "educated" - since when is high school drop out considered educated? From what I've seen she's barely literate. The note she wrote to the sheriff was bizarre "I ask of your help at this time", "You could help me in this manner". I think we have a tendency to make these "people" out to be more than they are. Just my opinion...:)

Yeah, I kept thinking how interesting it was to hear her "uh-huh" responses to LE when they were accusing her of being a liar and a baby killer. Yet, she gets all worked up over the name tag. That speaks volumes.

it is also interesting to me that she can admit to having to been 'very selfish in the past'...'she used to be very selfish' she said....what about now? And never any apology or self recognition for her outright lies.

Her voice sounds like there is something wrong with it...she does not use her voice naturally and her sentences are uncomfortable. I think voice analysis can determine her lies and lying intent.

The name tag is power.

Sounds like classic ADHD. Untreated, of course.

i know that when one loses their sexual identity they cannot finnish things...cannot draw anything to conclusion as in climax. Do you think it is possible with Casey's inherent low self esteem that she has this problem?

I don't think she's very bright. I think she can read and write and figure things out but I don't see her as bright either. To be honest, I suspect Cindy probably did a lot of her school work for her and that is how she ended up in advanced classes. My mother used to do my homework, reports etc as long as I brought the books home and "allowed" her the opportunity.

She sure can wing it though ...rather creative IMO. I think her skills may be managerial and possibly stelth. maybe she would have had an acting career....or a writer writing crime novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3