Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a separate note - I think that one of the ultimate examples of her "non distancing" is the fact that she never really travelled very far. Having now had the opportunity to see some of the ping maps - she certainly didn't move very far away from her comfortable routes!

Haven't read everything here but, I have Borderline Personality Disorder. I'm currently on meds, but without them, I can lie in a conversation, and it's so smooth, you'd never be able to tell it's a lie.

I've fooled therapists, psychotherapists and even psychiatrists.

I tend to elaborate on truth ... in other words, I take a bit of truth, and ADD to it, to make myself look and feel better or "worth" more. Note the word WORTH here, is because Borderlines do NOT really truly like themselves, as much as that is NOT apparent to outsiders. So anything that makes them look and feel more important, better to others, etc. ... they do or say.

Lots more to BPD ... but this applies to what's being talked about here. :)

Debs, I am wondering the exact same thing. The smell had to be in her clothes. Cigarette smoke reeks just after a few hours of being around it in your hair, clothes etc. Not to mention going in a short order restruant place and walk out smelling like week old grease.

I can't for the life of me see where someone , anyone hasn't mentioned KC having an odor about her clothes, herself etc other than Cindy saying the pants stunk like the car. Her clothes etc had to smell .... this has been bugging me big time, why no one else has mentioned it that spent time with her.

She had Amy's car for a week and AL's jeep for the time he was gone also..so she was not always in the pontiac. I bet the squirrel excuse was used if she did have to explain the smell.

I have always wondered about the shower she asked to take at JG's house too....don't remember exact date...

The ultimate "non-distancing": This chick drove around for days!!!!! with a decomposing body in her car. The smell was still overwhelming weeks later when the car was returned to the Anthonys. She had to have had that smell permeating her clothes/hair, etc. SOMEONE else had to smell it on her and wonder wtf. Did she just use a lot of perfume to cover it up? Since she was having the discussion of the smell with Amy, I have to believe that someone said something to her. Solution? Dump the car....not to distance herself from any crime she may have committed, but to ditch the object that is causing her social life to suffer. Hard to party smelling like decomp.

By the way, I believe the trip to Puerto Rico was a catalyst. She'd been talking about it for months, looking up prices on the 'net, checking arrival/departure times. "It's a go, I just got the time off from work :)" Then of course, she couldn't go and Amy and Ricardo went, and Casey was stuck with Caylee.

This just keeps getting twistier and twistier.

I know it! And to add insult to injury Casey allegedly booked the Puerto Rico trip for all of them. Can you imagine the bile she likely called up when she realized she could not go!

I know it! And to add insult to injury Casey allegedly booked the Puerto Rico trip for all of them. Can you imagine the bile she likely called up when she realized she could not go!

I so agree! She booked the tickets well in advance and spent a lot of time talking about the trip with AH. She actually texts her at some point to say that the dates were "cleared"; implying that she had gotten the ok to take that time off from work. Surely, she had asked CA about the dates??? I believe that CA probably didn't give in to "letting her go" in the end. In fact, according to her own (CA's) interview with LE, she took two altogether different weeks off work! Almost like she was trying to make a point. This definitely must have riled KC no end!

I am not a psychologist so I don't know how best to phrase this.

With some criminals, once they feel they are suspected of their crimes will seek to distance themselves from fruits of the crime, objects used in commission of the crime, etc. In my opinion, Casey (the alleged criminal) does not really distance herself much from her alleged crimes. For example, the State has alleged that she stole Amy's checks and bought items at various stores, like the white sunglasses from Target.

WOW - thank you so much for your post. When I found out that the white glasses that Casey was wearing parading so comfortably in front of the media where actually bought by the stolen money from Amy I was genuinely SHOCKED. I didn't know why I was shocked but you just explained it so logically. I was shocked because yes she was in jail for stealing money from her friend and here she was parading and sporting those glasses in front of national tv crews. Who does that?????

Now regarding your question: I think it is not as much as ARROGANCE sporting the stolen goods (that too) but I think the magic word is ENTITLEMENT. Watching Casey shopping so casually with stolen money and exchanging checks, looking so relaxed on the camera and not once looking at the camera or over her shoulder or being agitated, I think she FELT ENTITLED to that money.

And I think she was jealous of the MONEY and not so much the attention her parents were spending on Caylee. I think she was FEELING ENTITLED of the same luxuries and same generosity. Even though she is a healthy 20-something young woman who could go out and work and her parents were supporting her and her child financially, she still FELT ENTITLED that she deserved even more money, even more from her parents. This is why she was jealous of the baby. Not because of the attention but because her parents were drawing the line on how much money they were spending on her but not so much for the baby (and again rightly so!)

This is why I think she went out buying lingerie and sunglasses and clothes the moment she had Amy's money in her hands. These were items she must always wanted the luxury to be able to go and buy any day of the week, but did not have that luxury. Items that girls of her age in US usually can afford to go out and buy every Saturday. The grandparents might have been spending money on pandas and playhouses for Caylee but I am sure they were not willing to fund Casey's shopping sprees -- and rightly so.

Now where did that sense of ENTITLEMENT came from I have no explanation to offer. There are a lot of things we do not know about this family and their dynamics and how Cindy especially interacted in her workplace, with her relatives, etc. and where Casey might have picked up on such a sense of entitlement in life.

But how easily she sported those sunglasses that she bought with Amy's hard earned money screams ENTITLEMENT to me.

KC thinks she did nothing wrong, ever. Her parents would always believe her or fix whatever she had done wrong. She never thought her mom would call LE. She probably thought CA was faking the 911 call just to scare her. KC does think she is entitled to whatever she wants and nothing will stop her from getting her way. Caylee became that "stop" so she got rid of her. She thought everyone would buy the nanny took her story and Caylee would just be a missing child forever.

S Smith thought everyone would believe the carjacking story too, but her lies were found out just as the lies KC told. KC really does not think about prison because she just can't imagine being convicted for something, in her mind, she did not do. I think she actually thinks the more she says Caylee is "out there and I need to look for her" the more she believes it. This is one sick twisted chick that is used to getting her way and does not undrstand why she cannot get her way now.

In reading the text messages from the last document dump I get the feeling that Casey was becoming more and more disgruntled with mothering Caylee.

I TOTALLY agree...I think having the baby was initially a novelty to Casey.. she got attention, baby showers, baby gifts, etc. and Cindy no doubt was there to help with the middle-of-the-night feedings, and bathtime so Casey never REALLY had 100% responsibility for Caylee. (in fact I think she is more like a Big Sister to her rather than a real mother. The Real Mother was Cindy....and she sure didnt let Casey forget that...thus fueling her jealousy).

But now that Caylee was getting older, into the "terrible 2's" and asserting herself more, maybe showing her preference for Cindy....Casey was just bothered by the whole thing... and of course deeply jealous of all the attention from CA and GA towards Caylee. Casey wanted her party-life, and Caylee was just in the way. And now that Caylee TALKING more, she could tell Cindy things and places she was that might really get Casey into trouble. What a better plan then to get rid of Caylee and hurt Cindy at the same time... that was Casey's intent, IMO. Ibelieve she wanted it to look like an accident but something went wrong.

It always seems like she's bored with everything, like the fuzz had the nerve to step in and rain on her parade and now they waste her time asking questions and looking for Caylee? Soooo lame when she could be out pole dancing in cheap clothes and doing God knows what with those Ice Pops in TonE's bedroom.

GameTheory, I think you are right "on the money"! Little Caylee certainly did not seem to want for any material items. We saw on Greta and in photos of inside the Anthony home that Caylee had her own room with tons of books, pandas, Dora stuff, toys, outside she had a playhouse and a sand box, she had dress-up outfits, good clothes, sunglasses, etc. Caylee also appeared well-nourished. I think Cindy and George provided nicely for little Caylee. Anyone can see how well cared for Caylee was during her lifetime. That's what gauls me about her being missing! While I don't wonder about why Casey doesn't show the proper emotion (because I think she's a sociopath), I do wonder why Cindy (at the very least) is not moving heaven and earth to find this child. George and Cindy came out at the beginning with full force and then their efforts (in my opinion) focused more on protecting Casey and fighting any perceived wrongs against them in the media. I remember George saying that he would take the shingles off his roof to find Caylee and Cindy said she'd go door to door knocking. We have heard from the Anthony camp about Caylee sightings in Georgia, Texas, Puerto Rico, etc. but to my knowledge the Anthony's have not left Greater Orlando. Why is that? [I think they know she's dead (my opinion) and they are more into protecting Casey (my opinion).]

But if you look again at that darling baby, and how well treated she was by the Anthony Grandparents, how Cindy coos to her on videos, how much she loved and hugged up on G-Grandpa Anthony, then you wonder why they aren't desperate to have her buried in a proper place. I could be wrong, but I think Cindy not only loved Caylee but probably "liked" her as well. I just don't see how she can seemingly favor Casey over Caylee at this point. How could you stand it not having a decent burial place for such a treasure? I just don't get it. I would be absolutely crazy.

KC doesn't believe she's done anything wrong to distance herself FROM.

If you remove conscience and empathy from the picture, everything she does makes perfect sense. She is a conscienceless creature and to her, there's no distinction between a stolen item and one she purchased conventionally.

You and I would want to get as far away from our own wrongdoings as possible, but we only do it with what we acknowlege as wrong. It's a very subjective thing, some people self flagellate over imagined wrong doings . . . KC is at the other end of the continuum :D .

I am just arriving at the thread...
This is all soooo true.

I really doubt Casey sees too much in her own behavior that she has to hide from the get go.

:clock:
She creates situations of having different groups of people with whom she interacts. I picture Casey's "people groups" as existing, per her plan, at midnight, 3, 6, 9 o'clock. The people at midnight don't know if she has killed everyone at 6 o'clock.

This kind of set up allows her a free for all with deception and nefarious activities. What is accepted is one group (stripper pole, marijuana for example) is kept hidden from the other groups. I realize all kids do this to some extent but there is an extreme here. Most kids won't have their entire intricate web and tapestry of scheming, start to unravel if 2 different friends meet the folks.
I think Casey spent more time in keeping her "people groups" separated, than she did in actually concealing her activities. It was more efficient.

Casey continuously strung Amy along to prevent her from interacting with the parents, once the whole fake job, nanny time fabricated lifestyle, got off the ground. Each group was led to believe that Caylee was placed at some other group's area. But in reality, Caylee was at NO group.

It is when these people start to mesh that her world explodes.
:python: :worldmap: :Banane36:
jmho:)

911: Can you tell me what's going on?
Casey: My daughter's been missing for the last 31 days.
911: And you know who has her?
Casey: I know who has her. I've tried to contact her. I actually received a phone call today from a number that is no longer in service. I did get to speak to my daughter for about a moment. About a minute.

I edited that and changed a little bit of the wording. The word "actually" now makes perfect sense. She actually received a phone call from a number that is no longer in service. Actually is referring to the fact that the number is now no longer in service.

The words say she spoke to the nanny and spoke to Caylee. Casey says not everything she said was a lie.

It's reasonable to assume she did receive the phone call and now the nanny has very mysteriously disappeared. (Casey referred to the fact that she received a phone call and suddenly the number was no longer in service. Casey wouldn't have known at that time to construct a lie about the number being suddenly no longer in service.) That is mysterious.

The authorities denied the nanny existed. But when Zenaida turned up, and was connected to where Casey said she was, no big deal was made of the fact that LE had been vehemently dening Zenaida exists. When the authorities are caught in deception, no one gets upset. They said no Zenaida existed, now here she is. Was LE incapable of finding this woman who actually does exist? Now that she turns up, Zenaida denies she even knows Casey, and besides that, there has been no report of a confirmation from Casey whether this is or isn't the woman Casey has been talking about.

If she is the right Zenaida, Casey has to find someone to prove she was the nanny. If she is not, why did LE deny a Zeniada that fits the description exists?

This is a much bigger mystery than what is obvious.

If LE now feels they need to produce a Zeniada, maybe it has something to do with records about the car wreck, which would definitely prove one thing Casey has said wasn't a lie.

I TOTALLY agree...I think having the baby was initially a novelty to Casey.. she got attention, baby showers, baby gifts, etc. and Cindy no doubt was there to help with the middle-of-the-night feedings, and bathtime so Casey never REALLY had 100% responsibility for Caylee. (in fact I think she is more like a Big Sister to her rather than a real mother. The Real Mother was Cindy....and she sure didnt let Casey forget that...thus fueling her jealousy).

But now that Caylee was getting older, into the "terrible 2's" and asserting herself more, maybe showing her preference for Cindy....Casey was just bothered by the whole thing... and of course deeply jealous of all the attention from CA and GA towards Caylee. Casey wanted her party-life, and Caylee was just in the way. And now that Caylee TALKING more, she could tell Cindy things and places she was that might really get Casey into trouble. What a better plan then to get rid of Caylee and hurt Cindy at the same time... that was Casey's intent, IMO. Ibelieve she wanted it to look like an accident but something went wrong.

The jealousy theory has been alluded to by the A's, so they 'felt' it, which is important IMO. We are speculating, but by the A's all commenting on this issue during early interviews tells me that they were well aware of Caseys sociopathic ways.

Plus, we need to add in Lauren's interview and her explanation that she quit babysitting Caylee for free when she found out Casey lied to her about working. Wasn't that in 2007? It was after this that Casey created a babysitter. So, the babysitter timeline needs to begin earlier, along with additional Casey lies.

I've scrolled thru this thread, and hope I'm not being redundant here ....

My question: did the videos and grocery receipts, showing Casey using all those coupons, may anyone else wonder about how this fits into her psychological profile?

Two thoughts:

1. It takes a lot of moxie to go and shop at Target with a stolen checkbook AND use coupons, to boot -- is she trying to save Amy some money? LOL

2. It takes a lot of planning, too. I'm still trying to master remembering to check for coupons, organize them, take them with me to the store, etc., etc., and here is Casey - getting quite a lot of discounts with her array of coupons.

My point: I was really shocked to see the coupons, and I think it's quite revealing about how Casey thinks and acts.

Don't ask me how, but it sways me more into the premeditated column, and not the one for accidental death ....

Would love to hear from one of the mental health professionals on this.....

I think that when KC first had the baby, CA pitched in an basically did all the things any grandmother would do when having a precious little granddaughter in the house. KC just sort of sat back and let her mom do all the things a mother does. She took great advantage of the fact that she and Caylee lived with CA and GA. Over a period of time, CA and KC probably had many conversations and arguments about how KC is the mother and it's not right that CA, as the grandmother, has to raise another child. KC just went about her life, playing "momma" for photo ops and when others were around, but I guarantee you that when they were in that house, KC sat back and CA had to be the mother to Caylee.

So, in the recent past, CA probably told her daughter that she has to stop the partying, put the baby first because this is what Parents do! When you have a child, your life is no longer your own! CA had a job, had other obligations, and it must have galled her to see her daughter thumbing her nose at her responsibilities when it came to the baby.

Casey grew resentful as CA insisted she must be the one the parent the child. Being so full of herself, she would reason that her parents didn't have anything to do anyway, they were just being ridiculous and were intentionally making it hard on her.

This scenario goes on in thousands of homes. Adult child has a child and pretty much depends on grandparents to do all the parenting. They take advantage and when the grandparents finally get tired of doing it all, trouble ensues because the bio parent believes they are being "mistreated" by their parents. They think their parents are being unsupportive because they feel entitled and think there is nothing wrong with their parents raising another generation. How dare they!

"Fine, you know what? I am doing the best I can! I have to work nights, I have to earn a living! You don't want to take care of Caylee anymore? Then we'll just get out of your lives and you'll never see us again!"

Most of the time it doesn't end up the way this case has but if the adult child happens to be a sociopath, bad things can happen to the innocent child.

Did anyone see any pictures of her leaving to go back home the last time she wore those glasses? The day she had the shorts on and the blue tight fitting shirt? It would be interesting to see if she still had them on.

Yes, I would like to see a pic of her leaving JB's office that day.

I also wonder why she constantly dresses in these tight revealing outfits. Wasn't a condition of her bond release banning her from such clothing? Why doesn't Baez or Cindy tell her to put on something more conservative in hopes of downplaying that promiscuous image that has thus far been the norm? It creeps me out that her appearance is her absolute main concern. The first set of Find Caylee shirts were too big and she knotted them up for maximum exposure but even that wasn't enough! Now she has the baby tee sized Find Caylee tops! I bet if you asked her she'd probably claim they were for Caylee to rock when she comes home.

I think that when KC first had the baby, CA pitched in an basically did all the things any grandmother would do when having a precious little granddaughter in the house. KC just sort of sat back and let her mom do all the things a mother does. She took great advantage of the fact that she and Caylee lived with CA and GA. Over a period of time, CA and KC probably had many conversations and arguments about how KC is the mother and it's not right that CA, as the grandmother, has to raise another child. KC just went about her life, playing "momma" for photo ops and when others were around, but I guarantee you that when they were in that house, KC sat back and CA had to be the mother to Caylee.

So, in the recent past, CA probably told her daughter that she has to stop the partying, put the baby first because this is what Parents do! When you have a child, your life is no longer your own! CA had a job, had other obligations, and it must have galled her to see her daughter thumbing her nose at her responsibilities when it came to the baby.

Casey grew resentful as CA insisted she must be the one the parent the child. Being so full of herself, she would reason that her parents didn't have anything to do anyway, they were just being ridiculous and were intentionally making it hard on her.

This scenario goes on in thousands of homes. Adult child has a child and pretty much depends on grandparents to do all the parenting. They take advantage and when the grandparents finally get tired of doing it all, trouble ensues because the bio parent believes they are being "mistreated" by their parents. They think their parents are being unsupportive because they feel entitled and think there is nothing wrong with their parents raising another generation. How dare they!

"Fine, you know what? I am doing the best I can! I have to work nights, I have to earn a living! You don't want to take care of Caylee anymore? Then we'll just get out of your lives and you'll never see us again!"

Most of the time it doesn't end up the way this case has but if the adult child happens to be a sociopath, bad things can happen to the innocent child.

And then factor in that *allegedly* Casey did not even initially want the baby. She allegedly hid her pregnancy. She allegedly told people at Kodak that she had "female issues" or a tumor. Kiomarie said [paraphrased] Casey maybe wanted to give Caylee for adoption but that the grandparents nixed it. So, if this is true, perhaps it added the extra chafe when Cindy started complaining to Casey about her mothering skills.

IMHO Casey probabvly doesn't think she's done anything terribly wrong, including killing her own daughter - justifying it by believing herself to be a victim in life, not able to lead the lifestyle she wants because other people are holding her back.

I saw this graphic on a t-shirt and thinks it explains what often confuses people about sociopaths. The thing that remains the same in all their behavior is that it is motivated by what they want and how they plan to get it.

10-12-200810-07-10AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members