Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I don't even know Casey, but #10,11, 25, & 26 describe her to a tee in the way she is reported to have dealt with boyfriends and Amy. Probably every single one on the list fits to those who actually know Casey.

Hmn.....Agreed that it does sound like her but I can use some of those things to describe myself as well....Agh! (*shakes head*)

I have been looking for answers myself on this topic and low and behold....I found it.

I personally do not want my child to turn out this way.

http://www.momlogic.com/2008/10/sociopath_casey_anthony_caylee.php

My daughter is grown, not like this at all. I would like to know what is in her juvenile record. She didnt just start stealing and lying in the past few years, these are lifelong traits. I would bet that she has a juvenile record longer than most adult criminals. She was stealing money in ways I could never even imagine. I would have to believe that she was arrested many times as a teen for shoplifting and petty theft.

My daughter is grown, not like this at all. I would like to know what is in her juvenile record. She didnt just start stealing and lying in the past few years, these are lifelong traits. I would bet that she has a juvenile record longer than most adult criminals. She was stealing money in ways I could never even imagine. I would have to believe that she was arrested many times as a teen for shoplifting and petty theft.

Yes, I agree. But unfort, we won't see that or prob hear about it. I personally had to learn the hard way back when I was 19. I had to use my "youthful offender" (one time get out of BIG trouble card). Thank god, I learned my lessons and no one who looks at my record will know about it unless I tell them.

Yes, I agree. But unfort, we won't see that or prob hear about it. I personally had to learn the hard way back when I was 19. I had to use my "youthful offender" (one time get out of BIG trouble card). Thank god, I learned my lessons and no one who looks at my record will know about it unless I tell them.

Coley, you like most of us only had to use that card one time, one youthful indiscretion is part of growing up, but I bet if that were able to view the juvenile records we would all get a shock, I bet she had hundreds of get out of big trouble cards. Does the justice system ever open closed juvenile records ?

Coley, you like most of us only had to use that card one time, one youthful indiscretion is part of growing up, but I bet if that were able to view the juvenile records we would all get a shock, I bet she had hundreds of get out of big trouble cards. Does the justice system ever open closed juvenile records ?

Nope. It sucks in this case. I believe if you keep on messing up in life then you are fair game and everything should be known. All they can say is she has a criminal past.

Coley, why would you want someone else's record to be divulged if you wouldn't want your own to be divulged? No one even knows if she had a juvie record.

I'm not familiar with this particular trait in people. I know in my own family, my narcissitic father would alter our family history to make himself look good. But those who lie in advance are unfamiliar to me. What can you tell me about people like Casey who lie in advance? Are they covering they're tracks? Are they entertaining themselves? What's up with elaborate liars?

I'm not really sure, but I would think it is to bring attention to themselves. It makes them feel important and untouchable would be my guess.

you might want to pop over to the Psychological thread...lots of insight there on Sociopaths/pathological liars.

in my experience, people typically lie elaborately to cover tracks before someone figures something out.

they will think in advance of questions people would ask and will provide answers first so the questions won't be asked. they are very prepared so they don't get put on the spot and be surprised.

i can into this subject more later.

Having been subjected to every manner of liar in existence, I am certain when I state that the elaborate liar generally has nothing to say and so they make it up as they go along. They have always done the thing that you are talking about, seen the thing, been to the place, but somehow their experience is always so much MORE than yours...They lie to make themselves appear interesting, when in fact, they are not interesting in the least. They lie to make themselves appear as if they are more important than they actually are. They lie to fill up the empty spaces where there is nothing because they are so shallow. They lie because the truth is so horrible you would never speak to them again if they told it to you. They lie as a form of manipulation and to elicit certain emotions that they crave: sympathy, respect, awe, admiration, pity, understanding, although if they told you the truth you would feel none of these emotions. They lie just for a past-time, and they lie to fill the void that IS them...Oh yes, and the main reason they lie is to portray themselves as the VICTIM...

in my experience, people typically lie elaborately to cover tracks before someone figures something out.

they will think in advance of questions people would ask and will provide answers first so the questions won't be asked. they are very prepared so they don't get put on the spot and be surprised.

i can into this subject more later.

I take it you too have been watching the C&G FBI interviews.

Pathological Liars
There is a reason why you are asked in court to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It is because most of the time that is not what people do. Everyone lies sometime. There are many reasons to lie. Sometimes it is to not hurt someone's feelings. Sometimes a lie is for our own advantage. Some people lie in conducting business and in their personal lives. Most adults are aware of when they lie.

A pathological liar believes in the lies, at least at the time that she or he is talking. Their stories tend to be very dramatic. They often portray the person as being smarter, braver, more attractive, or more interesting than she or he really is. Sometimes people begin to catch onto pathological liars because of obvious flaws in the stories. A fairly young man will describe his heroics in the Vietnam war. A homely woman will talk about all the men who fell instantly in love with her. Sometimes the flaws may be more subtle and it may take a knowledgeable person to find them. Often it happens that a pathological liar will be caught out at a party by someone who really was a pilot, really lived in Africa, or really was a fashion model.

Suspect a pathological liar if:

the stories seem too dramatic or unrealistic

the lies seem to serve no purpose except to impress people or

the lies can easily be shown up

Sometimes pathological lying appears to be related to physical causes, such as problems in the brain. Other times they appear to be related to low self-esteem. In any case, good diagnosis and treatment is needed.

http://www.healthyplace.com/Radio/articles/pathological_liars.htm

I'm not familiar with this particular trait in people. I know in my own family, my narcissitic father would alter our family history to make himself look good. But those who lie in advance are unfamiliar to me. What can you tell me about people like Casey who lie in advance? Are they covering they're tracks? Are they entertaining themselves? What's up with elaborate liars?

I don't know about "advance lies"; however, my ex dil had the habit of picking up tidbits of truth constantly and preserving them in her memory basket of small "truths" to throw into her future lies to give them more credence. This is quite effective for a time but - sooner or later - these people are exposed for what they are: scheming and manipulative liars.

Their purpose seems to be to create havoc in every relationship they touch, to make themselves feel superior to us normal beings, to make themselves appear extremely bright, and (sad to say) to cover up for some enormous hurt as a child.

My ex dil was and is very pretty. Pretty hair, nice body, etc. My observations of her background are that she was extremely spoiled by her over protective Mother. She was the youngest of 8 children - somewhat privileged. She's now 42 and behaves like she is in Jr High and lives at home with her Mom. Has never succeeded at any of the jobs she has tried in all these years. Never worked more than a month or two at any one of them. Passed off the raising of her children to her Mom.

I have known her for over 20 years and still don't have her figured out. Not one thing that she says or does surprises me ever. I have lived a very long time and have never known anyone like her (until KC).

I'm no professional - just been around a lot of people - I don't know the correct term for her type of disorder - I just know that she indeed has something seriously wrong!

See, these people to me are not elaborate liars, they don't plan ahead. The lies are shallow and there is nothing to back them up, actually there are many things that prove they are indeed lying. These people wing it, they say whatever pops into their head at the moment. There is no worrying about how they will handle the fall-out until the fall-out arrives and then they just deny they lied- even if they are shown proof of the lie, if there are witnesses to the lie. They dig themselves into a deeper hole every time they open their mouth because they cannot tell the truth and they cannot remember their lies.

I don't know about "advance lies"; however, my ex dil had the habit of picking up tidbits of truth constantly and preserving them in her memory basket of small "truths" to throw into her future lies to give them more credence. This is quite effective for a time but - sooner or later - these people are exposed for what they are: scheming and manipulative liars.

Their purpose seems to be to create havoc in every relationship they touch, to make themselves feel superior to us normal beings, to make themselves appear extremely bright, and (sad to say) to cover up for some enormous hurt as a child.

My ex dil was and is very pretty. Pretty hair, nice body, etc. My observations of her background are that she was extremely spoiled by her over protective Mother. She was the youngest of 8 children - somewhat privileged. She's now 42 and behaves like she is in Jr High and lives at home with her Mom. Has never succeeded at any of the jobs she has tried in all these years. Never worked more than a month or two at any one of them. Passed off the raising of her children to her Mom.

I have known her for over 20 years and still don't have her figured out. Not one thing that she says or does surprises me ever. I have lived a very long time and have never known anyone like her (until KC).

I'm no professional - just been around a lot of people - I don't know the correct term for her type of disorder - I just know that she indeed has something seriously wrong!

Usually it is learned behavior..Often begins as a Coping Mechanism.

IMO

Usually it is learned behavior..Often begins as a Coping Mechanism.

IMO

You know, OLG, this is my greatest concern of all. My 16 y/o g/d has been living with my son this year and I am seeing so many of the same traits in her as her Mom - she doesn't lie to me - but you should see her Myspace...too telling and so painful.

Is it a learned behavior was going to be my next question. Thanks for giving me your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess