Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The liars I've detected mostly seem interested in stroking their own egos, they will say the most dramatic things to impress people while at the same time putting other people they see as a threat down.

VB

I take it you too have been watching the C&G FBI interviews.

huh? no. well, i mean yeah, i have watched some. but that had nothing with my answer.

thinking of it now though, i can see why you thought that. they were definitely trying to beat them to the punch on a lot of things it seems.

My ex would lie just to hear himself talk. He would tell a story like it happened to him, when it was actually a story someone else had told him. I didn't know til he told a story of mine as if it were his in front of me. He must have told lies like that so often he couldn't even keep track of who told it to him. I have no idea why. It kind of goes along with the same way kc came up with her lies, she takes alot from other people's real lives and presents it as her own. He lied to me about being in school to be a dentist when I met him, he lied about everything!! It wasn't always flattering things. It was just random lies. I never figured him out, I gave up trying.

See, these people to me are not elaborate liars, they don't plan ahead. The lies are shallow and there is nothing to back them up, actually there are many things that prove they are indeed lying. These people wing it, they say whatever pops into their head at the moment. There is no worrying about how they will handle the fall-out until the fall-out arrives and then they just deny they lied- even if they are shown proof of the lie, if there are witnesses to the lie. They dig themselves into a deeper hole every time they open their mouth because they cannot tell the truth and they cannot remember their lies.

I would agree. On the surface, their lies appear to be elaborate. But that is just because they pile on. Being caught in a lie does not faze them. They will deny and lie again and again. Before long, it is an elaborate lie but it doesn't start that way.

I would also agree that this is a learned behavior. I just wonder who taught Cindy and George. Apparently, George was quite the liar when he was married the first time. Did he teach Cindy? She's a fast study if that's the case. I think it will be telling to see her mom on the stand at trial.

See, these people to me are not elaborate liars, they don't plan ahead. The lies are shallow and there is nothing to back them up, actually there are many things that prove they are indeed lying. These people wing it, they say whatever pops into their head at the moment. There is no worrying about how they will handle the fall-out until the fall-out arrives and then they just deny they lied- even if they are shown proof of the lie, if there are witnesses to the lie. They dig themselves into a deeper hole every time they open their mouth because they cannot tell the truth and they cannot remember their lies.

I guess this is what has continued to baffle me. They are horrible liars. Few of their lies are believable and most can easily be proven to be untrue. I guess I just think that if I was going to lie about something of this magnitude, I would do a better job of it. I can't understand why they keep piling on the lies when they have to know they are such awful liars and noone is believing them.

ETA: UUGH...I just realized that I said I believed I could be a better liar than the Anthony's. It's definately time for bed.

One thing I do know about liars, in general, is they have little use for people who have them figured out and do not go along with their tales. To confront a liar head-on usually ends the relationship. They seem to only want people around who believe them or appear to go along for whatever the reason(s) may be.

I would agree. On the surface, their lies appear to be elaborate. But that is just because they pile on. Being caught in a lie does not faze them. They will deny and lie again and again. Before long, it is an elaborate lie but it doesn't start that way.

I would also agree that this is a learned behavior. I just wonder who taught Cindy and George. Apparently, George was quite the liar when he was married the first time. Did he teach Cindy? She's a fast study if that's the case. I think it will be telling to see her mom on the stand at trial.

Obviously when I speak of mental illness it is just my opinion based on living with it, being raised in a home full of it and what I have learned (through therapy, self-help groups, reading and research) on my road to wellness so you can take this for whatever it's worth to ya..

I think Cindy was already Cindy pre-George and I think George was already a weak, beaten down man pre-Cindy.. I think subconsously their inital attraction to one another had a lot to do with those two facts. Some women need a man to control, some men need to be controlled.

You know, OLG, this is my greatest concern of all. My 16 y/o g/d has been living with my son this year and I am seeing so many of the same traits in her as her Mom - she doesn't lie to me - but you should see her Myspace...too telling and so painful.

Is it a learned behavior was going to be my next question. Thanks for giving me your opinion.

I learned it, I know that much. I lived it and I learned it. If you know nothing else and you know if you don't go along with the "family's plan" you will lose the love and acceptance of the only people you love, the only people who will ever love you (as you are often told by these same "loved ones"- like Cindy telling Jesse that Casey is trash and not to marry her), you learn to just go along with them.

DBT therapy is a wonderful tool for "un-learning" the behaviors.

I'm not familiar with this particular trait in people. I know in my own family, my narcissitic father would alter our family history to make himself look good. But those who lie in advance are unfamiliar to me. What can you tell me about people like Casey who lie in advance? Are they covering they're tracks? Are they entertaining themselves? What's up with elaborate liars?

My mother is a pathological liar, with no conscience. Her elaborate lying is done, it seems, to make herself look legitimate... and to also keep her past lies strung together in a cohesive flow... as well as, at some point in the lying, she actually convinces herself that the lie she is telling is the truth. I still can't figure out if it is a mental illness... or just plain evilness. (and people ponder why I am estranged from my mother, and why I loathe her...)

One thing I do know about liars, in general, is they have little use for people who have them figured out and do not go along with their tales. To confront a liar head-on usually ends the relationship. They seem to only want people around who believe them or appear to go along for whatever the reason(s) may be.

Oh my God that is so dead-on TRUE! Call a liar on a lie and they don't want to tell you anymore lies because they don't want to talk to you anymore at all...:bang:

My mother is a pathological liar, with no conscience. Her elaborate lying is done, it seems, to make herself look legitimate... and to also keep her past lies strung together in a cohesive flow... as well as, at some point in the lying, she actually convinces herself that the lie she is telling is the truth. I still can't figure out if it is a mental illness... or just plain evilness. (and people ponder why I am estranged from my mother, and why I loathe her...)

It looks like you and I have a lot in common. I actually refer to my mother as my "egg donor" so estranged we are. I also have tried to determine if it was illness or evil and finally settled on evil and severed all ties...I have been completely free of her now for 6 years and they have been years without the "nuclear holocaust" that she always brought. Congratulations to YOU and to ME...lol for breaking free...

:blowkiss:

Nope. It sucks in this case. I believe if you keep on messing up in life then you are fair game and everything should be known. All they can say is she has a criminal past.

THIS is one of my most furious pet peeves, especially with youthful SEX OFFENDERS. It is my families misfortune to have encountered one of these sex offenders who committed his crime as a young teen-13 to be exact...We did not discover the truth until it was much too late, and the only way we DID discover the REAL truth was an investigator for the Juvenille Offenders in a local sheriff's department broke confidentiality to tell us that what this young man had done was SO SEVERE (he sodomized his 9 year old sister) that he was never supposed to even be around young children as a condition of his treatment..., and he HAD been around OUR children without us having knowledge of this THING! In the end, it was discovered that the school system was not even aware that he was an offender or that he was on probabation and in sex-offender classes, all because he was a MINOR! Guess what? He made an effort to make one of my children his next victim and that was a BIG mistake on his part. NOW, 2 years later, he is OUT of the school where my daughters are and charges are pending on him right now even as we speak, as he was also unbeknownst to us threatening to murder everyone in our home and cut us up into little pieces...and he wrote a threat to bring a gun to the school is the ONLY way that we got anything done about it...We have battled this now for 2 years and have just gotten our first satisfaction in the last 45 days...

To me, if you do something like THAT there should BE no hiding it-EVER, no matter how old you are when you do it. THAT is a sickness, and no treatment is going to help that...They NEED to be locked away FOREVER so they cannot harm more innocent children!

Sorry for the rant.

Off the subject of the past few posts, but I have a thought. It seems to me that, although KC probably always had a mental illness, it really went downhill in the past two years or so. She took so many pictures of Caylee, and a few videos... it seems KC loved her at one time... judging from the videos she got along reasonably well with her family too. Did her illness suddenly get worse? Was there a trigger? Her lies got more frequent, she began stealing from everyone, sleeping around (maybe she was doing that before too). Now she shows zero remorse about this circus she's created.

To label someone with a psych tag is never a good idea. It is like attempting to diagnose a disease without any lab test or other means of diagnosis. We all have traits that fit in to almost any personality disorder.. it is all those shades of grey to black. Many colors of different shades. I am not a psychologist or an MD. So I will not label or even attempt to figure what makes Casey tick. I just wish that they would profile her so we were all on the same page. They being a qualified Psychiatrist. They evidently had some tests in the jail setting and have some cursory information , I doubt it was in much depth. Just enough to establish that she is not legally insane. I guess we will have to wait for the book for that information :)
All of the above in my own opinion.

In theory you are right of course but let me tell you - when you have been raised
by or with someone with a severe personality disorder - you instantly recognize it when you see it in others . They behave simliarily to a uncanny degree because they suffer the same illness . Some of these wingnuts pass "the tests" with flying colors - they have learned what the normal response should be - you see it in family court all the time. Family and others who are up close and personal over a long period of time who have been victims of the behavior KNOW and most dont need a doctor to tell them they are dealing with a wingnut.
I knew my mother was not right while still a single digit. I met the real her and it wasnt anything like the person she pretended to be in public.

In theory you are right of course but let me tell you - when you have been raised
by or with someone with a severe personality disorder - you instantly recognize it when you see it in others . They behave simliarily to a uncanny degree because they suffer the same illness . Some of these wingnuts pass "the tests" with flying colors - they have learned what the normal response should be - you see it in family court all the time. Family and others who are up close and personal over a long period of time who have been victims of the behavior KNOW and most dont need a doctor to tell them they are dealing with a wingnut.
I knew my mother was not right while still a single digit. I met the real her and it wasnt anything like the person she pretended to be in public.

I agree and honestly, I am getting tired of "normal" people with "normal" upbringings tell us that because we are not doctors we cannot possibly know what is wrong with this family.

She hadn't worked in 3 years.
She was stealing from everyone she could.
Caylee was learning to tallk and have conversations.
Her friends were catching on to her lies.
Dad was sure onto something going on.

At what point do you think she said EF-IT. I can't handle this anymore. I want a new life. I want to start over. It's like she just kept getting closer and closer to that edge then over she went.

What was the breaking point?

She hadn't worked in 3 years.
She was stealing from everyone she could.
Caylee was learning to tallk and have conversations.
Her friends were catching on to her lies.
Dad was sure onto something going on.

At what point do you think she said EF-IT. I can't handle this anymore. I want a new life. I want to start over. It's like she just kept getting closer and closer to that edge then over she went.

What was the breaking point?

I think it was when her boyfriend told her not to bring Caylee over anymore.

I think it was when her boyfriend told her not to bring Caylee over anymore.

I don't think it was a matter of not to ever bring her again. Just not having there constantly. It was party central. No doubt he did the right thing by saying this. At least he was thinking about Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess