DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodnight Marla.
:sleep:

Night ..
thbedtime.gif

If my son killed his daughter (my granddaughter) I would still would NOT want my son to receive the death penalty. My daughter says she would not want her brother to be put to death either. (We discussed it last night.)

I would also still love him. So would my daughter.

I don't know if I could stand to ever look at him. I might lie to myself and figure out a way it was an accident and not my son's fault. I am not sure any evidence would convince me he did it on purpose.

I LOVE my granddaughter. My daughter loves her niece.

I think that when one family member kills another people must be such a mess emotionally it would be hard to sort out. I might have to go somewhere for a long rest in a padded room...

Despite my strong belief that the Anthony family has deliberately lied, I don't feel good about judging them and have never for a moment doubted their love for Caylee.

JMO

but would you, like the anthony's, try to destroy wholly innocent people by accusing them of the murder in an attempt to exonerate your loved one?

:clap::clap:
Dysfunctional families lie all the time. That is why they are dysfunctional. It isn't a leap to put the Anthony family in that category. Caylee was a plaything to them and then it got real. Read up as it is all there. There are so many instances of misfortune in life but this isn't one. It has a cause and an effect. This is garden variety and another child is dead. The perp is in jail and will likely be there forever. The rest will have to meet the law and decide if they too are responsible.
:clap::clap:

-------------
Guess that without more info from her teachers it is not possible to determine what happened to Casey from her experience of the public school culture. Did anyone bother to get to know her. Analyze all you want about her family, but with all the years in a school setting something formed Casey's world view and her psychological development besides her family. I am always surprised to not find more discussion about the effects from the rituals and conditioning demanded in that environment.

There doesn't seem to be much to her to know!

One of here teachers (the only one who spoke to anyone) said she was quiet, shy, and studious.

The problem is that KC chameleons into whatever she thinks people want to see.

That's the problem with sociopaths. There is no REAL character in there. They are empty boxes.

Casey is an empty vessel....she has developed an inadequate personality....an emotional cripple. The relationship between mother and daughter here is complex and intertwined. Cindy and kc have always tried to attain an even playing field. No clear cut "I am the parent" going on here. Cindy’s co-dependence prevented it. They would switch roles when it benefited them and that is where the trouble started. kc would mother Cindy and Cindy never recognized this boundary limits.

It appears that kc and Lee have never learned skills to take care of themselves. Cindy's was not teaching them independence, which is what good parenting is all about. Her goal seems to be to teach them to "need" her.

It looks like Lee is back in the nest. He is an odd one, that man. He has a temper that is always just under the radar, waiting to erupt. He seems like a guy that likes to help but gets lost in the details He grew up in a stormy environment. He seeks approval from his sister and Mom. Do not see him relating to his father at all. He is impulsive and could get in trouble because of it. He may be a "Momma's Boy"..

George is the official “Bad Boy” of the clan. He is the outcast. He was caught and punished for his behavior. He was taken off the deed to the house. Cindy told her children what he did and split him off from the clan. She keeps him around for adornment. He appears to love Cindy. Of course, it could be need.

True.
I found myself feeling sad for them reading this.
What a messed up bunch.
Cause of it all seems to be Cindy.
Of course George shares some of the blame.

I believe KC is a sociopath, George is enmeshed, CA is a borderline personality and Lee goes along to get along (or he may be more screwed up than I realize). Does anyone have a link to the very first taped statement by CA, the one where she goes on and on about being the only one who can find Caylee and how tired she is? If so would you post the link.
Lastly if it was my daughter and I really believed her innocent I would visit her even if we didn't speak a word.

Maybe Cindy's statement She said, as for my daughter, she never hurt Caylee and that will be proven. She loved her deeply. was Cindy code. Switch loved and hurt around and it makes more since.... (my version)She said, as for my daughter, she never loved Caylee and that will be proven. She hurt her deeply. Makes me feel better anyway. JMO

Perhaps Cindy says Casey would never hurt Caylee because Cindy knows or believes Casey used the chloroform so Caylee would have no awareness of dying and experience no pain.

Russell

Perhaps Cindy says Casey would never hurt Caylee because Cindy knows or believes Casey used the chloroform so Caylee would have no awareness of dying and experience no pain.

Russell

Or, that Cindy was told it was an accident, of an unsupervised set of circumstances, which IF it was, accounts for her statement.

I think it may be a case of Self-Fulfilling Prophecy, which is why KC could not admit that her mother was right, & the horrific cover-up began!

There doesn't seem to be much to her to know!

One of here teachers (the only one who spoke to anyone) said she was quiet, shy, and studious.
The problem is that KC chameleons into whatever she thinks people want to see.

That's the problem with sociopaths. There is no REAL character in there. They are empty boxes.

Wasn't it said she was taking an AP biology course? Hmm...quiet, shy, AP courses and studious...but doesn't even graduate? :waitasec: It's as though she did a complete 180 as she approached adulthood.

Casey is an empty vessel....she has developed an inadequate personality....an emotional cripple. The relationship between mother and daughter here is complex and intertwined. Cindy and kc have always tried to attain an even playing field. No clear cut "I am the parent" going on here. Cindy’s co-dependence prevented it. They would switch roles when it benefited them and that is where the trouble started. kc would mother Cindy and Cindy never recognized this boundary limits.

It appears that kc and Lee have never learned skills to take care of themselves. Cindy's was not teaching them independence, which is what good parenting is all about. Her goal seems to be to teach them to "need" her.

It looks like Lee is back in the nest. He is an odd one, that man. He has a temper that is always just under the radar, waiting to erupt. He seems like a guy that likes to help but gets lost in the details He grew up in a stormy environment. He seeks approval from his sister and Mom. Do not see him relating to his father at all. He is impulsive and could get in trouble because of it. He may be a "Momma's Boy"..

George is the official “Bad Boy” of the clan. He is the outcast. He was caught and punished for his behavior. He was taken off the deed to the house. Cindy told her children what he did and split him off from the clan. She keeps him around for adornment. He appears to love Cindy. Of course, it could be need.

(I bolded to respond)
How are you getting that Casey mothered Cindy? :waitasec: Not being snarky, just really curious as to how you came to that idea because I just don't see it.

Since the only time I've ever witnessed substantial interaction between Cindy and Casey was while watching the jail videos, I will use the jail visit as an example.

Listening to Cindy talk to Casey, I don't hear or see a narcissistic woman making it all about herself and how much SHE is suffering. (Isn't that what a person with NPD would do, especially in such an emotional situation?) I certainly saw that in her daughter, though.
Despite her attempts to remain strong and in control, as would be natural with her dominant personality, I do see fear in Cindy. Nervous energy, glaring at her daughter suspiciously, there is an obvious sense of desperation. She is choosing her words carefully- at times it almost seems she is playing devil's advocate. (makes sense, since she is talking to a snake in the grass, figuratively anyway) Cindy tells Casey about the efforts to find Caylee. Asks her question after question, always keeping to the subject at hand and her eyes on Casey. Asks Casey to look her in the eyes (at which time Casey breaks into tears...how telling) At no time do I recall Cindy making any of it about herself. To the contrary, Casey is told not to worry about her (Cindy), not to worry about protecting the family, not to worry about anyone but Caylee. Just do what ever it takes that will lead them to Caylee. Meanwhile, Casey is all woe is me, refers to herself over and over and over again..wah wah wah.:rolleyes:

I am not seeing NPD with Cindy.

I read somewhere that Narcissism of the problem kind develops at age two. Might be either abuse or insecurity that is later overcompensated by doing the entitlement gig, or over praise that gives the kid a big head. Either way, healthy development is disturbed by dynamics that create the personality problems and thinking/belief habits--self-esteem.

There is a lot about trauma that is not clear to people. The whole culture breeds over individualistic ideals creating grave imbalances. Casey was trapped and didn't know it.

Ok not meaning to make anyone mad or say anyone's got it wrong on Cindy, but judging from Caylee's room and the mad-dog style of protection Cindy projects, I know alot of little kids seem like they'd be better off with her then with alot of other mothers out there. That was my first thought on all of this, was why didn't she just leave that little girl with her mother and take off and disappear. Everyone be better off.

I know she seems like she's in denial, but alot of us just are in this case.

It is quite simple, really. Casey's life is one of adaptation: Whatever situation is at hand, she adapts herself to it, blending in. Whoever she is with is whose life she molds herself to fit perfectly. She has no personality of her own, instead borrowing the personalities of the people in her life. When she's at home, depending on who she's with, she's like her mother, or her father. If both are around, she acts out the dynamic between the two. When she's with her friends, she's just like them.

No one in prison cares whether she's guilt or innocent. Their job is to keep her locked up and in line. Casey is doing just that! I bet she's a model prisoner. She'll never throw a tantrum, she'll never ask for extra. She'll toe the line and she'll never stir the pot.

With her lawyer, he treats her as a bullied child/woman and she plays the part perfectly. In court, I expect we'll see a studious little "law student" sitting next to JB. We'll see someone "bucking up under the pressure" of a trial. We'll see someone whose manner will change so slightly when the hints of Casey-as-victim are mentioned. The eyes will widen, the mouth will downturn, the nose will sniffle. We may even see the infamous pinky eye-wipe technique.

The fact of the matter is, Casey's own personality has never developed past the identification stage, where a child mimics the adults around her and begin to learn how to do things. I have always believed that Casey and Cindy were so enmeshed that Casey's development was stunted when she first attempted to become her own person. I think Cindy's fear of abandonment with a strong-willed child made her use more and more oppositional techniques to keep Casey attached.

Caylee came along and Cindy turned her tactics and attention to her granddaughter. Casey is displaced in the dysfunction and forced to forge a new identity in it. Only Cindy didn't want Casey interfering, and Casey sure didn't want Cindy doing to her daughter what she'd done to Casey. The struggle would have been subtle at first, and then it would intensify.

I have always thought Casey to be selfish, but I also think she truly loved Caylee. I believe she wanted to do the best she could, but had no foundation to draw from. I think she mimicked "mommy" behaviors. I bet she did take Caylee to the park a lot, just so she could watch other mothers with their children to observe how "real moms" acted. She would then try to implement those behaviors at home. I will imagine those didn't sit well with her mother.

You cannot attempt to leave the dynamics of dysfunction (and I think we all are in agreement that this family was the dictionary definition descriptor of dysfunction) without a strong attempt by the primary personality pointing out just how dysfunctional you are. If anyone was damned if you do, damned if you don't, I believe it was Casey.

Do not mistake me for saying that she didn't put her parents through hell. Her lying and stealing from anyone and everyone was tearing the family apart just as much as any dynamic described above. I'm merely saying that the lying and stealing was more a symptom than a causal problem.

Anyway, that's my dimestore psych eval. That'll be $.05, please.

WOW. I think that was a great assessment. Casey is a chameleon. Changing to fit into her surroundings. The word that comes to mind to me when I follow this case is the term "RAD" or reactive attachment disorder. I am not a doctor but was a foster parent for 5 years before adopting 3 children from foster care. One of the courses we have to take is about RAD.

RAD is when a child is not able to bind with any one care giving adult for a lutitude of reasons. Maybe the parent doesnt care for the child;s needs, perhaps the child is in foster care and moved a multitude of times from home to home. Most of these children develop this disroder within the first 12 to 18 months of life. When I read that CINDY was the first to hold Caylee and NOT Casey, that sent up a red flag to me. Why was Casey not the first to hold child? CA is definitely a very controlling woman. Sounds like early on in Caylee's life Cindy was the main caretaker. Whether that is the way Casey wanted it or not. I don't think Casey ever bonded with Caylee. I think it was all a front. All in an attempt to do what she thought her mother wanted and expected from her. I think it all goes back to the dysfunctional relationship and dynamics of CA and Casey;s relationship. I think Caylee suffered for it.

Ok not meaning to make anyone mad or say anyone's got it wrong on Cindy, but judging from Caylee's room and the mad-dog style of protection Cindy projects, I know alot of little kids seem like they'd be better off with her then with alot of other mothers out there. That was my first thought on all of this, was why didn't she just leave that little girl with her mother and take off and disappear. Everyone be better off.

Nice post. Kudos for the bravery.

I feel Cindy is a good person. Has made mistakes, but who doesn't? Who wouldn't in a situation like this?

She angers people right over the cliff though and I continually try to figure out why she gets right in peoples heads and just enrages them over the cliff. I think "maybe" people just get sick of someone they believe is lying right in their face time after time. I have a relative that will never admit anything about her son. Just sends me to the moon every time something has come up. I just get beside myself, can't stand her kid and can't stand her either during the episode. :rolleyes: Stop lying in my face!!! LOL. Oh well. On the job training is hard sometimes.

I respectfully disagree. Your saying "judging from Caylee's room and the mad-dog style of protection" depicts Cindy as a good person, just baffles my mind. It told me an entirely different story. Caylee was the ultimate scapegoat for Cindy's underlying unhappiness of everything going on in the Anthony house. This so-called mad-dog protection never left any room for her daughter to be a responsible mother to her child.

You are more than entitled to your opinion, but to me, the picture is just too vividly clear that Cindy way overstepped her boundaries as a grandmother, while emotionally crippling her daughter.

Also to your point of Cindy "seems" to be in denial, IMO, she has been in denial for quite some time, as opposed to most people on this forum.

Ya I know there's something definitely unhealthy went on in that house, and definitely she does infuriate people with her babbling balogney, I'm just saying, lotta crack heads out there dumping their kids into lives of total hopelessness, devoid of any kind of love or caring. Imagine a world where every little child could have a room like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV