Casey & Family Psychological Profile #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Hi Stilettos, thank you for the compliment but I only worked there 5 months and part-time. I can say I will never work anywhere borderlines are residing. I should have not taken the position but after years of working mental health, I had no idea what I was doing when I agreed. I think when they are put in a residential setting by the county that the degree of their problem must be pretty significant. Most of my years were spent working with the male population. They do not seem to exhibit the hysteria that the females do. It is not readily dx'd in males either.

But most important is how you are doing...I applaud YOU for being the Mom. You most likely have a better handle on this personality and lots of experience. I wish you all the happiness and success around. Keep us informed of your progress.
:blowkiss:

Thanks for your kind comments whisper. We are doing well. Our daughter is refusing meds and bouncing from one place to another. Our family counseling and support group for parents is a huge help. We had so much experience with the disorder that when we checked our daughter out of residential tx, we brought home a foster daughter also. LOL Gluttons!!

Originally posted by Knot4u2No:
Actually, for around 10 years, I was a designated mental health expert witness related to competency to stand trial and involuntary commitment.

Then you are extraordinarily resilient. . .and informed. Kudos! :bowdown:

Actually, for around 10 years, I was a designated mental health expert witness related to competency to stand trial and involuntary commitment.

Russell

Russell you did prepare the BRACE analysis that everyone is linking to correct? I am trying to confirm that please :)

Russell you did prepare the BRACE analysis that everyone is linking to correct? I am trying to confirm that please :)

Shadowraiths did the introduction and I did the BRACE Character Profile input ratings and the BRACE Character Profile analysis for Casey Anthony. I also responded to Shadowraiths' question in an addendum to the original profile.

I developed the BRACE Character Profile and own all related trademarks and copyrights, so there is no problem in that respect.

Russell

Shadowraiths did the introduction and I did the BRACE Character Profile input ratings and the BRACE Character Profile analysis for Casey Anthony. I also responded to Shadowraiths' question in an addendum to the original profile.

I developed the BRACE Character Profile and own all related trademarks and copyrights, so there is no problem in that respect.

Russell
That was my understanding so I thank you for clarifying that.

Russell

That is amazing! Is there any possible way they could use that on the prosecution side? You did an incredible job

That is amazing! Is there any possible way they could use that on the prosecution side? You did an incredible job

Interesting question. I think that the prosecution and the defense will use whatever information is available to bolster their respective interests. The profile is certainly public information now. A while back, I posted some interview and interrogation guidelines for LE based on the profile, but have no way of knowing if they were aware of them or used them. Now, the same guidelines could be used by any well informed attorney to establish strategies related to trial, should Casey ever be on the witness stand.

Russell

Russell

Could you please explain the BRACE Character Profile for the less educated or simple folks like me? It is very interesting and I would love to understand it more fully.

thanks

Russell

Could you please explain the BRACE Character Profile for the less educated or simple folks like me? It is very interesting and I would love to understand it more fully.

thanks

The general structure and rationale for the BRACE Character Profile is detailed in the BRACE Character Profile of Casey. For a more detailed explanation, there is a free manual available through www.crimsonshadows.net in the Repository section under Forensic Tools/BRACE Character Profiling Tools. I will be happy to answer any specific questions, but it is difficult to explain without a specific focus. I could say that it is a profiling technique that compares and contrasts an individual's core characteristics with core characteristics common to basic human nature, but that wouldn't help much.
Russell

The general structure and rationale for the BRACE Character Profile is detailed in the BRACE Character Profile of Casey. For a more detailed explanation, there is a free manual available through www.crimsonshadows.net in the Repository section under Forensic Tools/BRACE Character Profiling Tools. I will be happy to answer any specific questions, but it is difficult to explain without a specific focus. I could say that it is a profiling technique that compares and contrasts an individual's core characteristics with core characteristics common to basic human nature, but that wouldn't help much.
Russell

Thank you for sharing your work and insights with us here at WS! I think you profiled Casey in September-- I'm wondering if you think your findings would be the same if you profiled her today (you're now able to view hours of video visitation and have access to additional information, etc.-- personally, I think the August 14 visit could offer a lot of insight into Casey's mind.)

Do you think the visits show anything new or different about Casey's profile? Does Casey's behavior during those visits strengthen your confidence in the original profile?

Thank you for sharing your work and insights with us here at WS! I think you profiled Casey in September-- I'm wondering if you think your findings would be the same if you profiled her today (you're now able to view hours of video visitation and have access to additional information, etc.-- personally, I think the August 14 visit could offer a lot of insight into Casey's mind.)

Do you think the visits show anything new or different about Casey's profile? Does Casey's behavior during those visits strengthen your confidence in the original profile?

Everything I have learned about Casey since the original profile strengthens my confidence in the original ratings and analysis. I don't think I would change any ratings if I started over.
Russell

Everything I have learned about Casey since the original profile strengthens my confidence in the original ratings and analysis. I don't think I would change any ratings if I started over.
Russell

Thank you for taking the time to answer :)

I think the additional info comports with your original analysis-- I just wanted to hear your take on it. Thank you!

Me too. I gotta say though, Cindy is much more interesting to me. I feel like I get Casey, I don't wonder about what goes on in her head. I'm not "stumped" by her in the least... I don't wonder how she got the way she is, etc etc.

Cindy however... I have lots of questions! I am very curious about her past, her childhood, her life before George and her and George's earlier years together. Though because this case is not about Cindy I would never delve into it. Drives me crazy sometimes though because her brother Rick only lives about 15-20 minutes from me and I don't doubt he'd love to share what he knows!
I so agree. At first I was horrified and fascinated with Casey, but after Cindy started showing herself I was just blown away.

I so agree. At first I was horrified and fascinated with Casey, but after Cindy started showing herself I was just blown away.

Well, I wasn't blown away really just that- from "day 1" she has reminded me very much of my mother so it's I guess kinda... I don't know, like trying to figure her out?!

Originally posted by Knot4u2no:
Everything I have learned about Casey since the original profile strengthens my confidence in the original ratings and analysis. I don't think I would change any ratings if I started over. Russell

I'll have more Brace-specific questions after I finish my study. Meanwhile,
given current history, would you consider an Axis I substance-related condition or require more info? How about GAF?

Could you weigh in on APA & forensic association ethical guidelines for
profiling private citizens (e.g. other members of the Anthony family) without
their informed consent?

So grateful to have your professional explication of such matters.

Russell

First of all, it is wonderful to see you posting here. I briefly looked over the Crimson site and I believe you mentioned some serial killers...i.e, Ed Kemper. Have you done a profile on him and is it on the site? There are videos of him being interviewed....not sure if they were made public.

You have done much work on Casey and it is appreciated. I agree with your analysis of her character.

It would be interesting to see your profiles of some of the serial killers you listed.

I've never considered her a sociopath. What an easy fix for explaining behaviors that are anti-social. There is a difference between the two, however. A sociopath doesn't care about whether she's caught or not. It's the game. Casey cares a great deal about getting caught lying and stealing and whatever else. Just because she's defiant and in your face when she is caught isn't a matter of sociopathy. It's got everything to do with childish behavior. Someone with a retarded (meant as shortened or not nurtured) personality which calls for her to feel like she has to steal what others have in order to feel like they are, even down to "stealing" their mannerisms and likes and dislikes, means she's suffering a developmental problem.

Left unchecked, Casey has become someone who is very good at blending in and stealing a person blind. She's very good at keeping her friends separate. She's an expert at manipulating her family. But she isn't a sociopath. She's a manipulator, she's a liar, she's a thief. And now she's accused of killing Caylee. All the pictures taken of her with Caylee show a loving relationship. We can pick apart grimaces and facial expressions in some pictures (like the one where she has the T-Rex grin leaning in toward Caylee.......y'all know exactly which one I mean) and decide it is the picture of evil, but it really isn't. There are some videos that disturb me personally, but only because of the lack of interaction of the camera person and Caylee, but frankly we cannot attribute those videos to Casey.
Casey's personality is such that she has NO base personality. She molds herself to the person she's with so that they're exactly alike. The other person cannot reject her if she's just like them, right? That isn't normal thinking. That's co-dependency in its heightened state. Sociopaths are not co-dependent. They don't CARE. Casey cares a great deal about being wanted and loved and part of the group. Whether she took that to the ultimate degree and decided that killing Caylee would help her be a part of that group is definitely a possibility. However, it is not a sign of a sociopath. It is a sign of a very very very bad decision by a very very very stunted young woman. Caylee may very well have died to free up her mother's life. But that does not put Casey into the sociopath category.

I consider the perp a psychopath. And psychopaths care. They care for their own well-being. They care if they get caught and there are consequences. They know the difference between right and wrong. They just don't care whether something is right or wrong as long as it meets their needs. They care about their image. People who don't care tend to be suicidal and psychopaths are the least likely to die by suicide. The ONLY thing that psychopaths care about is themselves and getting what they want.

Co-dependency is not recognised by the DSM at all and is controversial at best. It is not a disorder. It's a descriptive pop psych term that spread from a disease model of addiction into the general population with no scientific basis. For argument's sake, say the perp was co-dependent. Then she would be a doormat, clingy, at the beck and call of those she depended on, could not live without the "love" of her life, probably prone to suicidal gestures. Yet the perp seems to discard men and friends like so much tissue, possibly has discarded her parents, and definitely discarded her daughter. She's not begging her parents or friends to come visit her. She lashes out at her parents in the Aug video, rather than trying to placate them. There is nothing in her behaviour, in my opinion, to suggest that she is at the mercy of anyone's whims and angsting over any relationships. She's not focusing on anyone's needs but her own.

But the perp is narcissistic and demands being the only centre of attention. In that sense, she is people-centred, not as an end in itself but a means to an end- her own gratification. She will just as readily discard her latest bud when they outlive their usefulness and go on to the next whether that means in a minute, or weeks, or months. Everyone is expendable.

IMO

TIA for changing your flashy out. I get migraines and I've been avoiding your posts all day! I was gonna keep my mouth shut cause it's my problem not yours, but since I saw your reference to it I figured I'd let you know I do appreciate you removing it!:)

You can filter out avatars and signatures in your profile settings. I still see smilies (they SHOULD be filtered out, but there must be a bug in the s/w here because I still see them on WS). I have a problem with recurring labrynthitis due to an inner ear problem, and fast-moving animations can trigger it. Animated gifs are slow enough for the eye/brain discern stops between flashes of images, but fast enough to make it hard for the to keep up with, which makes it difficult for those of us with "delicate sensibilities". :) They also draw the eye away from the words, so it can be a strain to focus on the words rather than the images. Being able to filter them out makes it a lot easier for ME to read the actual posts. When people mention a nice avatar, I sometimes will look at the person's profile to see it, but otherwise I only see their username. On another board I read, I only see the paths to the animated gifs, which I can click on if I want to actually view them.

That's another reason I like Mozilla Firefox with the Plus add-on -- I can filter out most ads which often have animations of some kind.

Verité;3249877 said:
Originally posted by Knot4u2no:

I'll have more Brace-specific questions after I finish my study. Meanwhile,
given current history, would you consider an Axis I substance-related condition or require more info? How about GAF?

Could you weigh in on APA & forensic association ethical guidelines for
profiling private citizens (e.g. other members of the Anthony family) without
their informed consent?

So grateful to have your professional explication of such matters.

The following are excerpts from Casey’s BRACE Character Profile, much of which is highlighted in the original:

However, it is important to keep in mind that the BRACE Character Profile™ only profiles maladaptive characteristics and does not directly address any type clinical qualifiers or diagnoses. The BRACE Character Profile™ reflects maladaptive patterns --- characteristics of thought, behavior, and motivation --- it does not make clinical diagnoses. There are many potential clinical pathways to any cluster of cognitive-behavioral-existential characteristics.
Note that “Diagnostic Considerations” means exactly that ... consider ... and apply clinical and investigative skills. The correlations are indicators, but analysis requires consideration of known facts, other sources of information, and the analysis of each Type (A, B, and C) and each Domain (Cognitive, Behavior, and Existential). The BRACE Character Profile™ reflects maladaptive patterns --- characteristics of thought, behavior, and motivation --- it is not a psychological or psychiatric test, it is not restricted, and it does not presume to make clinical diagnoses. Again, there are many potential clinical pathways to any cluster of cognitive-behavioral-existential characteristics. That said, it can certainly be used by a clinician as well as a non-clinician to inform decision-making
(see Disclaimer at http://www.braceanalysis.com/clientarea-disclaimer.html ).

That said, more information would be required for any clinician to make any Axis I diagnosis, or any Axis II diagnosis. However, the BRACE Character Profile could certainly assist a clinician in such decision-making. Regarding the implications of profiling people without their consent, forensic investigators frequently profile people without their consent. Such profiling is not a practice that falls under the APA guidelines. The BRACE Character Profile is not a psychiatric or psychological test, though it can be correlated with any prototypical type that has clear criteria, such as personality disorders. The BRACE Character Profile is an indirect profiling tool designed for use by amateurs as well as professionals. It is not restricted and is available to the general public. Criminal profiling is addressed in the following link to The BRACE Character Profile for Investigators: How to Warm Up Cold Cases. New Criminologist Journal, published March 20, 2006, Original Issue: Volume 6, 2005.

http://www.newcriminologist.com/article.asp?cid=154&nid=221

As is pointed out in Casey’s profile:

In the final analysis, the BRACE Character Profile™ merely puts the image that is in the rater’s mind into an objective and meaningful format, which can be shared and considered from many different angles, much like a hologram or a virtual reality tour of a house. The bits and pieces of information included in the input ratings are transformed into a virtual persona of the individual in the mind of the rater. This process is certainly affected by the knowledge base for input ratings, the objectivity and critical thinking skills of the rater, and the adherence of the rater to the BRACE Character Profile™ rating procedures, which are printed on the input form.

Regarding profiling private citizens, let the profiler beware concerning the process of obtaining the input ratings and the uses of the outcome information. Casey is certainly a public figure who has been profiled by various professionals and amateurs in many ways, but Cindy, George, Lee ... not so much. But, I’m sure that a private investigator or detective or investigative journalist or other interested party has, more or less formally, profiled them all.

Sorry about the length of this reply, which is full of my opinions, :)
Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member