Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not "feel" morals, we know them. My understanding is that a sociopath knows their behavior is abhorrant ie is perfectly aware their actions are wrong--they just don't care. And the more consistent boundaries, appropriate discipline, and responsibility children are given during childhood the less we have to "cross our fingers," hope it "works out fine," or just leave to chance whether they're ever prepared for adulthood and may eventually become "decent people." JMO

"Unconditional love" is not permissiveness, excusing or enablement. A parent's love disciplines, sets limits, and imposes consequences. Yes, after 22 years CA decided to finally act like a parent! But it is far more likely IMO that KC is the one who lost her mind after 22 years of dealing w CA.

There is so much really good info in this post thank you. I would never attempt to dx either CA or KC. However I could also never be convinced that CA's problems are simply a reaction to KC (as though CA was a mentally healthy parent until KC became a teen!) Actually if I were to hazard a guess, from all reports and my limited observation, I dare say KC's personality disorder is a coping mechanism from having been raised by CA. Had CA simply been "living with" someone like KC it could maybe be argued or dismissed as the result of the misfortune and stress of having to interact w KC in the same environment. But CA RAISED KC! We also do not know exactly what the circumstances were when Caylee died or whether it may even have been due to sheer negligence--only that KC, for some reason, has to date been unable or unwilling to give an honest accounting of those events. CA isn't just now grasping at some shred of control in response to this--she's been running her daughter's brain all her life (not to mention her husband's). Whatever other comorbidities may exist, everything I see fits much more closely (in my very INexpert opinion) w a pattern of narcissistic (parent-centered) parenting--which produces narcissistic, self-centered, children w a sense of entitlement and a total lack of empathy. JMHUO

ITA. LEARNED.

--------------------------

Excellent post Kiki!!! :clap:

We do not "feel" morals, we know them. My understanding is that a sociopath knows their behavior is abhorrant ie is perfectly aware their actions are wrong--they just don't care. And the more consistent boundaries, appropriate discipline, and responsibility children are provided during childhood the less we have to "cross our fingers," hope it "works out fine," and just leave to chance whether they're ever prepared for adulthood or may eventually become "decent people." JMO

"Unconditional love" is not permissiveness, excusing or enablement. A parent's love disciplines, sets limits, and imposes consequences. Yes, after 22 years CA decided to finally act like a parent! But it is far more likely IMO that KC is the one who lost her mind after 22 years of dealing w CA.

There is so much really good info in this post thank you. I would never attempt to dx either CA or KC. However I could also never be convinced that CA's problems are simply a reaction to KC (as though CA was mentally healthy until KC became a teen!) And if I were to hazard a guess here, from the reports and limited observation, I dare say KC's personality disorder is a coping mechanism from having been raised by CA. Had CA simply been "living with" someone like KC this could maybe be dismissed as the result of having the misfortune and stress of being in the same environment. But CA RAISED KC. We also do not know exactly what the circumstances were when Caylee died or whether it may even have been due to sheer negligence--only that KC, for some reason, has to date been unable or unwilling to give an honest accounting of those events. CA isn't just now grasping at some shred of control in response to this--she's been running her daughter's brain all her life (not to mention her husband's). Whatever other comorbidities may exist, everything I see fits much more closely (in my very INexpert opinion) w a pattern of narcissistic (parent-centered) parenting--which produces narcissistic, self-centered, children w a sense of entitlement and a total lack of empathy. JMHUO

ITA. LEARNED.

As always, great post!

I know this is veering off into 'Casey territory' :p, but what I am most interested in is the months prior to Caylee's death. George has said in the months prior he didn't approve of Casey's friends, a few of her friends remarked in a change in her behavior too. Did Cindy threaten to take Caylee away from Casey in the months leading up to Caylee's death?

I also vaguely recall Casey telling a friend that her parents would sign the house over to her. The searches on her computer for chloroform are also interesting. I wonder if Casey considered killing Cindy and George?

I just find it remarkable that Cindy, with the wealth of knowledge she has working in the medical field, never really took action against Casey's behavior. Somebody made a very interesting point that a split occurred in the family because Cindy defended Casey to all ends. I think Caylee was Cindy's second shot at the daughter she wanted because frankly, Casey disappointed her. It seems that only after Caylee was born - or when the struggle over Caylee really began - did Cindy start resenting Casey, telling people Casey was a 'sociopath'. It is interesting now that Caylee is gone that Cindy has gone straight back to defending Casey.

Maybe Cindy has mommy issues too.

I'd bet on it. Learned behaviors.

IMO - Cindy's anger and outbursts are going to eventually take a serious toll on her physical health. GA says that even he can not prevent her from going off on everyone. When he has tried - it only infuriates her more. Have we seen one person that has been able to really "reach" her????

This woman is going to explode ... one way or the other.

I don't know if anyone noticed her confrontation today at Blanchard Park but it wasnt the same Cindy weve seen in the past. The hammer wielding, baseball carrying, screaming banshee Cindy that graced the TV screens last summer. She looked frail, pale and it looked as though she was being helped to walk physically by friends. It didnt look like an act to me. I'm the LAST person to feel any sympathy for her in the past but today I ALMOST felt sorry for her. She does need help ....VERY SOON, I would say!

ETA: I will go one step farther. If Caylee had remained w CA as her caregiver for 20 more years, I would not be the least surprised to see the same narcissism manifested in her....

Caylee was "la tabla rasa," (blank slate), we will never know what the outcome would have been of 20 years of the same parenting--but I suspect results would be eerily similar. And again I am not a professional nor would I attempt to dx JMO

Seeing Cindy on GMA this morning ..
I'm sure Cindy has a mental illness ..

VERY sure ..

LOL. I thought she was on Benzo's for a while but she seems more "here" now, I don't know if she was drinking while on them and just stopped doing so or if she just went off them all together. But I have seen her "fog" lift quite a lot in the last week or so.

Did you watch her interviews this am? The "fog" has rolled in again....:crazy:

I don't know if anyone noticed her confrontation today at Blanchard Park but it wasnt the same Cindy weve seen in the past. The hammer wielding, baseball carrying, screaming banshee Cindy that graced the TV screens last summer. She looked frail, pale and it looked as though she was being helped to walk physically by friends. It didnt look like an act to me. I'm the LAST person to feel any sympathy for her in the past but today I ALMOST felt sorry for her. She does need help ....VERY SOON, I would say!

The GmA interview this Am she looked overmedicated in my opinion and then the episode at the park, again, overmedicated and overacting. JMHO.

Don't underestimate Cindy's acting ability- she's very capable of pulling out all the stops & going into the victim grandmother role when nothing else is working. Windchime, who was at the search today, has a video of the "event" today, and said she'll try to post it later. So, it will be interesting to see.

The GmA interview this Am she looked overmedicated in my opinion and then the episode at the park, again, overmedicated and overacting. JMHO.

I thought it was weird the way she was hugging Rob. Uh - It was just weird to watch.

I'm waiting for the FULL tape because I heard she was yelling, etc.

I agree. This is going to be the death of her. Like George said "This is going to kill her!"

I know this is veering off into 'Casey territory' :p, but what I am most interested in is the months prior to Caylee's death. George has said in the months prior he didn't approve of Casey's friends, a few of her friends remarked in a change in her behavior too. Did Cindy threaten to take Caylee away from Casey in the months leading up to Caylee's death?

I also vaguely recall Casey telling a friend that her parents would sign the house over to her. The searches on her computer for chloroform are also interesting. I wonder if Casey considered killing Cindy and George?

I just find it remarkable that Cindy, with the wealth of knowledge she has working in the medical field, never really took action against Casey's behavior. Somebody made a very interesting point that a split occurred in the family because Cindy defended Casey to all ends. I think Caylee was Cindy's second shot at the daughter she wanted because frankly, Casey disappointed her. It seems that only after Caylee was born - or when the struggle over Caylee really began - did Cindy start resenting Casey, telling people Casey was a 'sociopath'. It is interesting now that Caylee is gone that Cindy has gone straight back to defending Casey.

Maybe Cindy has mommy issues too.

I believe she does. Remember how ballistic she went when LE wanted to question her parents? Some believe it is because they are elderly. I wonder if she doesn't have the same "fear" KC does of admitting to mistakes and weaknesses to her mother.

Don't underestimate Cindy's acting ability- she's very capable of pulling out all the stops & going into the victim grandmother role when nothing else is working. Windchime, who was at the search today, has a video of the "event" today, and said she'll try to post it later. So, it will be interesting to see.

They are master manipulaters.

I believe she does. Remember how ballistic she went when LE wanted to question her parents? Some believe it is because they are elderly. I wonder if she doesn't have the same "fear" KC does of admitting to mistakes and weaknesses to her mother.

That's usually the case in personality disordered familes. My mom did to me what her mom did to her type thing.

According to somebody who was there.....

George parked on one side & Cindy parked her car on another side & they BOTH rushed to the area from opposite directions.

That doesn't sound like someone who's frail OR needs help walking.

That sounds like people who planned on an aggressive confrontation.... on two fronts.

Someone in contact with this family better tell these Anthonys that if they keep confronting people in a nasty & aggressive way, one day they might run into someone who is unbalanced & carrying a lethal weapon. They'll instigate one too many times and there will be a new tragedy we are talking about.

I'm stayin put on this one- IMO, she's been on Benzo's

God forbid anything like this would happen to me. I have no idea how I would act-what kind of fool I would become. How would people perceive my actions. My grandkids are everything to me. They are my greatest joy in life. I know I would require medication. I would hope my family would keep me in check, looking out for me, helping me deal with it. I cannot say that Cindy is mentally ill. I will say that she is traumatized beyond belief. Is it all her fault? She and her higher power will have that one out. I pray for them. I pray for them to receive guidance, to do the right thing.

I think it is pretty obvious by now that all her dogs ain't barking.

I really don't think she is mentally ill, I am pretty sure that being an idiot is not a mental disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute